• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset swapping

WarxePB

Smash Ace
All of those were pretty awesome.

It's too bad Snake can't use Capt. Falcon's moves. Probably because the moveset swap only switches the actual animations without any of the effects (hence why Sonic still used the Homing Attack instead of Fox's Blaster). Though the Arwing spring was a bit weird... maybe because the relative pointers for the spring model are the same as the Arwing (his entrance)?

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Maybe...

also that Arwing doesn't looked like it was colored the right way... (Colours assigned to the spring got transfered to Arwing? Probably?)

Blue_X

Smash Rookie
I don't know anything about game hacking, but I wonder what the Ice Climbers (move set or character) would end up acting like?

And, yes, it would probably just end up crashing the game and wouldn't do anything, but still.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks like an "improved" version of the Melee moveswap AR codes since characters are actually stretched and compressed now should the hitboxes need to be readjusted (i.e., Peach would get taller instead of starting to float in thin air should she switch with Bowser).

However, there are still hitbox irregularities. It's fun to watch, though.

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't know anything about game hacking, but I wonder what the Ice Climbers (move set or character) would end up acting like?

And, yes, it would probably just end up crashing the game and wouldn't do anything, but still.

This isn't hacking, this is just file swapping, which is why some characters don't work that well. If it were hacking, people would've been scouring the internet for how to hack Brawl. This is just file swapping, nothing more, he just switched (an example) Sonic's move set for Fox's.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Hahaha some of those were hilairous. Meta-Link, Sonic/Peach, and of course PIKAMAN! were the best.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Seriously, some one or this guy has got to make a Jiggly bowser, now that Jiggly Puff shouldn't float in mid air. This is very cool.

TraverseTown

Smash Cadet
I want to see what happens when PKMN Trainer takes on others movesets, and when other takes on PT as well.

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
Using codes like this was fun in melee but how do you do it in brawl?

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
CAN'T SLEEP PEACH WILL EAT ME CAN'T SLEEP PEACH WILL EAT ME CAN'T SLEEP PEACH WILL EAT ME CAN'T SLEEP PEACH WILL EAT ME CAN'T SLEEP PEACH WILL EAT ME CAN'T SLEEP PEACH WILL EAT ME CAN'T SLEEP PEACH WILL EAT ME

ohgodddd.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
The Peach and Pikachu were really disturbing... I didn't think it would be that bad.

The arwing spring was amazing though.

Revven

FrankerZ
I thought it also could be done with memory editing, like get the part of Sonic's move set and paste over Mario's?
No... it's just file swapping, as in swapping Fox's move set for Sonic's... (which are both files on the disc, dunno if they're separate or all the moves are in one file). I wish people would read entire threads for once.

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
They look scary. Too bad there wasn't any other switches.

What if there was.... wario with zero suit samus or peach moveset? I hope that's not possible.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
No... it's just file swapping, as in swapping Fox's move set for Sonic's... (which are both files on the disc, dunno if they're separate or all the moves are in one file). I wish people would read entire threads for once.
Read my last post again, I said it also could be done with Memory Editing in play.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
LOL at Pikadorf!

I wanted to see a Pika-Punch though :(

Revven

FrankerZ
Read my last post again, I said it also could be done with Memory Editing in play.
But, it's not memory editing. It's file swapping, that's all it is.

Edit: I reread yer post and I see what you were asking. But, memory editing is essentially what hacking is and this isn't hacking. Furthermore, you can't hack Brawl yet like that or "memory edit" because there isn't a program that exists yet for the Wii that can do that for its games.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Action Replay Perhaps (when it's re-released and working)? But it will be much longer process to find the addresses for it than to change the data but it's safer when found. :dizzy:

Revven

FrankerZ
Action Replay Perhaps (when it's re-released and working)? But it will be much longer process to find the addresses for it than to change the data but it's safer when found. :dizzy:
Right. I wouldn't expect an AR though, in fact, there never was one for Wii. Now, if the Freeloader Datel has and plans on releasing works and never gets shot down by a Wii update, an AR is more of a possibility. However, that's hypothetical. Aside from that, there's already something in the works for Wii that'll allow you to hack games anyway. However it will not be out for some time and it is not a commercial product.

Here it is in action for TP. It's still in the works though and that demonstrates what you might be expected to do as well as show that it works. And, yes, it is hacking.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Pikadorf was pretty disturbing. Peach/Sonic (Dunno what to call it) looked like a scarecrow. Lol Olimario looked like a penguin!

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Funny the game doesn't crash and just changes the model of what ever character's into the other's skeleton.

(Was just thinking about that now....)

Top Bottom