• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Speculation and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Bair seems like a great spacing tool. That run speed though.. really disappointing. Looks to be 1.5, 1.6 maybe? I can't deal with slow runners man.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
Bair seems like a great spacing tool. That run speed though.. really disappointing. Looks to be 1.5, 1.6 maybe? I can't deal with slow runners man.
It looks a lot slower than that. Ryu is at 1.6, he looks more like 1.3-1.4

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I thought we knew Corrin would be a slow runner for awhile now?

Though slow ground speed is far from being the end of the world. Air speed looks solid, at least.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
He looks pretty ok/10.

Movement speed is kinda meh, toolset seems great, will probably play him and make more judgements but I'll probably end up sticking with Cloud assuming he's as good as he is now post-patch (or comparable).

Will def. lab this char though, looks interesting I guess.

He looks FLOATY AF though, like way floatier than Marth, and his airspeed doesn't look incredible (but not terrible either)

Last edited:

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
I thought we knew Corrin would be a slow runner for awhile now?

Though slow ground speed is far from being the end of the world. Air speed looks solid, at least.
I was under the impression that he was a nimble agile character. Air speed does look good, but such a slow run speed is going to force him into a role that doesn't suit my play style. Oh well.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ehhh. Just going to say I'm not impressed by either character.

Edit: Right, right. Wednesday afternoon seems like a weird time but I think I can try some stuff then.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
He looks pretty ok/10.

Movement speed is kinda meh, toolset seems great, will probably play him and make more judgements but I'll probably end up sticking with Cloud assuming he's as good as he is now post-patch (or comparable).

Will def. lab this char though, looks interesting I guess.

He looks FLOATY AF though, like way floatier than Marth, and his airspeed doesn't look incredible (but not terrible either)
Floaty?
Did...did you even see his/her fast fall?

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
https://youtu.be/oPLNKCfoPUw?t=172

Bair has low end lag.
DFS spammable.
Down tilt sends Bayonetta nowhere at 35%
you don't want to spam DFS anyways, since fully charged it does 9%
I still haven't seen the bite hit. Everyone seems to like to space far away from Corrin in the gameplay videos I've seen.
Robin has great aerial mobility too. I have to agree with people saying he looks slow. He seems like a spacey which is good for some people I suppose.
He's slow, but all of his moves have incredible range so it feels really mitigated
also... his animation, it's smooth, like butter

Last edited:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
you don't want to spam DFS anyways, since fully charged it does 9%
I still haven't seen the bite hit. Everyone seems to like to space far away from Corrin in the gameplay videos I've seen.
Hopefully the uncharged one jab locks then

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
The run speed's disappointing, but....Villager's the 4th slowest runner in the game, yet look where he is.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I saw the slow run speed and I'm fine with it if he has range and follow ups like that

I just don't see the floatiness.
At all.

But that's just me
He's not floaty, but he's going to be very defensive, which is the opposite of what I was hoping for. He has good range for keeping people away, but unlike Cloud he's gonna have trouble getting in. Bair auto-spaces and looks very safe, so if I had to guess he will just try to keep people out and play defensive.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Bair and pivot fsmash on shield...
Seems
So
Safe

And upair... It's like almost a full circle like Robin's. :drohmy:
And it ACs :drohmy:

Hopefully upthrow can lead into things.
And hopefully dthrow KBG isn't really low since it looks like it might be a kill throw...?

Can't wait for the lab~

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Oh I don't think Corrin's run speed is damning or anything. Character still looks fine but they're just gonna be significantly more honest than the Swordsman that I play =V

Will try them out for sure but I get the feeling fast characters will (as per usual) be annoying.

Also every FE Uair except for Roy's has an autocancel window I believe. Roy's shorthop is just too low for it. SPEAKING OF WHICH, has anyone noticed that EVERY FE char has that same kind of Uair except for Ike? It's like, an FE trend. Same with Fair, lol.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
He's not floaty, but he's going to be very defensive, which is the opposite of what I was hoping for. He has good range for keeping people away, but unlike Cloud he's gonna have trouble getting in. Bair auto-spaces and looks very safe, so if I had to guess he will just try to keep people out and play defensive.
Bair crossups and aerial side B look good for getting in.
His safe attacks make it look like he can play both offensively and defensively. Like Ike.

He just won't be rushdown which is A ok with me

Last edited:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Things we still don't now that is important:

• Throws. We still have yet to see if fthrow or bthrow combos or if uthrow kills.
  • Does Dragon lunge beat shield?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Corrin looks fine to me. It would take me a while to try and disect all that.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, did anyone else notice just how fast Corrin can pull out Dragon Lunge?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
At those vids are 60 fps so we can get better results but it'd be better to wait til Wednesday.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Too bad when the F smash is angled down it looked like it lost a lot of range.

When Kamui comes out the first thing I'm gonna lab is a jab lock into F smash.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Lol, Bayo runs as slow, if not slower, than Corrin. Both run slightly below average, but I remember saying I'm fine with any run speed that's not Robin or Ganondorf. Down throw is confirmed to suck at low percents. Please other 3 throws do something ;-;

Both of them run here within 5seconds

https://youtu.be/o3PNwEKzYnw?t=30

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
The lower range can help get tipped if oponent is close, and you can keep the long range to kill away oponents/punish rolls

D

Deleted member

In the order in which they appear in the footage I'm referencing:

-----------------------------------------

(FE Colosseum Match)

(90%?) Charged DFS - 9%

Getup Attack (Missed Tech) - 7%

Dair - at least 11%

DL Forward Kick - 12%

Fully Charged DFS - 10%

Aerial DL - 14-15% (may have tipper damage properties)

Fair - 9%

Dash Attack - 12-13% (7 hits?)

Ftilt - 11%

Nair (Front) - 8% (6% Late?)

Uair - 11%

DL Pin - 7%

------------------------------------------

(Niconico Demonstration Match)

Bair - 11%

D-throw - 11% total (8% -> 3%)

Uncharged Tipper F-Smash: 18%; Uncharged Non-Tipper (Base): 12-13%;

Gentleman Jab - 11% total (3% -> 2% -> 6%)

Jab Infinite - 10% (Reasonbly without falling out/beginning of jab infinite pushback)

Dtilt - 8%

B-Throw - 8% (6% -> 2%) (Definitely doesn't combo)

------------------------------------------

(Umbra Clock Tower FFA):

Uncharged F-Smash: Non-Tipper, but close: 16%

Nair and Fair seem to have low landing lag overall.

Aerial DL has an amazing trajectory, practically a semi-spike.

A number of times I saw Pivot -> Ftilt which seems like a decent option, Corrin slides decently on pivot as well.

It doesn't seem like Corrin can follow that well out of fully charged DFS from about mid-range aside from possibly tipper Fsmash, in the video below Corrin attempts a Dash Attack after a full DFS but only clips Bayonetta at ~0:27:

----------------------

In watching the Corrin Fsmash kill on Bayonetta in the NicoNico footage it seems it can be DIed up very hard.

----------------------

--------------
Probably Important:

1:44~ in the following (Umbra Clock FF), watch Corrin closely, he seems to flash white when initiating U-B i.e. have invincibility frames on the move:

Last edited by a moderator:

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Bayo runs as slow, if not slower, than Corrin. Both run slightly below average, but I remember saying I'm fine with any run speed that's not Robin or Ganondorf. Down throw is confirmed to suck at low percents. Please other 3 throws do something ;-;

Both of them run here within 5seconds

https://youtu.be/o3PNwEKzYnw?t=30
Back throw also cannot be followed up. I am assuming Corrin does not have a combo throw whatsoever.

D

Deleted member

How do you know?
Observe at ~3:04:

Kamui's run speed coupled with some end lag coupled with knockback means that Bayo is way out of follow-up range/hitstun after B-Throw at as low as at least 39%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom