• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Speculation and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
So my thoughts on up B
  1. DAc could have super armor at start or invincibility frames.
  2. I can see it killing vs falling out of boost kick or metaknight string as a punish.
  3. Looks super easy to react to (Lets hope the water is like firefox).
  4. Combined with Bair and angling seems like an okay but not the best in mixups (DL on walls needs testing).
  5. Oos if it has armor/invincibility... good with platforms (Has very little landing lag?)
  6. Looks like if Fox's up b had faster start up and if Rosa's up b had a hitbox (Also decent aerial mobility)
Shadow play is good for recording matches.

I think we've speculated every move just in time and this should make testing go by so fast. I will be more focused on Bayonetta footage from nico nico and on release. But I won't forget to watch out for/test some of the Corrin theories.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Someone else will have to capture the footage. My laptop is too weak to run OBS. I keeo getting a direct x 10 error but i have direct x 11. Now to try shadowplay.

If anyone is on a desktop can you try to capture the stream?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Someone else will have to capture the footage. My laptop is too weak to run OBS. I keeo getting a direct x 10 error but i have direct x 11. Now to try shadowplay.

If anyone is on a desktop can you try to capture the stream?
Before I say anything, you've been on NicoNico for longer than I have, so maybe you can answer this question. You only need an account to watch this livestream, right? You don't need "Premium" or anything like that?

EDIT: Never mind, figured out the answer myself. So, I'll try my best to record the stream. My computer is pretty tough, so I'm sure I'll be able to do it.

Last edited:

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Before I say anything, you've been on NicoNico for longer than I have, so maybe you can answer this question. You only need an account to watch this livestream, right? You don't need "Premium" or anything like that?

EDIT: Never mind, figured out the answer myself. So, I'll try my best to record the stream. My computer is pretty tough, so I'm sure I'll be able to do it.
niconico also starts kicking off free users when enough people are watching the stream

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
So I just realised something; Mii gunner's Fair will push him back when he uses it and with this a technique called "gundashing" was discovered quite a while back (http://smashboards.com/threads/gun-dashing-new-mii-gunner-movement-at.380490/)

Corrin's Bair pushes him forward. Can a sort of gundash be used with his Bair? I would imagine so, just because the game's physics engine works that way. Thoughts on this?

Also if this ends up being possible, can we call it a "wingdash"?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097

Thanks a lot

D

Deleted member

So I just realised something; Mii gunner's Fair will push him back when he uses it and with this a technique called "gundashing" was discovered quite a while back (http://smashboards.com/threads/gun-dashing-new-mii-gunner-movement-at.380490/)

Corrin's Bair pushes him forward. Can a sort of gundash be used with his Bair? I would imagine so, just because the game's physics engine works that way. Thoughts on this?

Also if this ends up being possible, can we call it a "wingdash"?
IMO it will depend on how much landing lag Corrin's Bair has.

Pretty obvious, but if the move doesn't autocancel out of a SH (and presumably has some notable landing lag) it'd be pretty dumb to do it since you'd be sliding into your opponent while in lag, which just screams "Punish me!"

The obvious benefit of any sliding mechanic is that usually the character can act out of the slide immediately, characters with good DITCIT distance such as Link (AKA Bombslide, more colloquially) benefit well because it allows for an unexpectedly fast approach option after which he can Jab, DSmash, Grab, etc. And this is more Bomslide/DITCIT specific, but because he's throwing an item he can use the item throw as a bait to force the opponent into shield for a grab (since the natural reaction is to assume the item will be thrown at you, when it can be thrown forwards, upwards, or behind Link during the slide), and this works whereas a simple dash throw wouldn't for getting a shield condition -> grab because Link moves further out of a bombslide then he does a dash throw.

But I digress.

The point is, if Kamui can't safely do anything after hitting the ground from Bair and initiating the slide because of Bair's landing lag, I can't seeing it having very much use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie

Does that look laggy? It's hard for me to eye ball. Doesn't look laggy.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
IMO it will depend on how much landing lag Corrin's Bair has.

Pretty obvious, but if the move doesn't autocancel out of a SH (and presumably has some notable landing lag) it'd be pretty dumb to do it since you'd be sliding into your opponent while in lag, which just screams "Punish me!"

The obvious benefit of any sliding mechanic is that usually the character can act out of the slide immediately, characters with good DITCIT distance such as Link (AKA Bombslide, more colloquially) benefit well because it allows for an unexpectedly fast approach option after which he can Jab, DSmash, Grab, etc. And this is more Bomslide/DITCIT specific, but because he's throwing an item he can use the item throw as a bait to force the opponent into shield for a grab (since the natural reaction is to assume the item will be thrown at you, when it can be thrown forwards, upwards, or behind Link during the slide), and this works whereas a simple dash throw wouldn't for getting a shield condition -> grab because Link moves further out of a bombslide then he does a dash throw.

But I digress.

The point is, if Kamui can't safely do anything after hitting the ground from Bair and initiating the slide because of Bair's landing lag, I can't seeing it having very much use.
I was thinking more for edgeguards, retreating, and using it out of a full hop.
Also that part where they show the Bair on kalos shows female Corrin use Bair to land. Doesn't look TOO laggy. Looks safe, all things considered.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was thinking more for edgeguards, retreating, and using it out of a full hop.
Also that part where they show the Bair on kalos shows female Corrin use Bair to land. Doesn't look TOO laggy. Looks safe, all things considered.
Edgeguarding will depend on if the slide edge cancels, which is possible but I'm doubtful since Bombslides do not afaik, otherwise it would just be used to get to the ledge at a faster speed, which leads to easier edgeguarding since you get to the ledge faster but doesn't equate to use for edgeguarding in the sense that you can use it to move yourself out to pressure deep offstage.

Does the gunslide you mentioned edge cancel? Also, does the gunslide momentum conservation still occur when the move is used out of a full hop? That is, does Mii Gunner maintain such momentum as moves through the air when coming down from a full hop to the extent that he maintains when sliding out of a SH Fair? If not, then the benefit of such potential movement out of a FH is rendered null in Gunner's case and by extension I imagine is rendered null in Kamui's case.

Even if the landing lag is relatively "safe", if it's still notable (i.e. more than ~12 frames, which seems to be the case) it will limit the tech's utility because the lag becomes an additional factor in some situations as Kamui slides in. Even if the lag is relatively "safe" compared to some other aerials, if it isn't 12~ frames or less (which is fairly universal in regards to a move's landing lag being reasonably "safe" IMO, case in point Mario's Bair, other generally safe moves such as Shiek's Fair, Mario's Nair, Link's Nair, etc are all under 12 frames of landing lag (these three mentioned all sit at 10 frames)) the lag will play a factor into the utility, IMO.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
@The Soulless One
There appears to be a misunderstanding and I apologize for not being clear.

What I meant was not using the ground slide, at all. Just the air movement. I imagine him going deep offstage for edge guards with your back facing the opponent. This lets him consistently get back to the stage when edge guarding. Consequently, wingdashing will give him a great recovery.

When I say that it's usable out of a full hop I meant that you could read a jump and do that while staying safe if the attack misses because you're pushed far away.

I never thought of it as a landing option for sliding or and approach option.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Short hop Bair I think.
It doesn't auto cancel but good gosh that has very low end lag. You're now getting punished hard for not spacing bair correctly unless your opponent has a kill throw.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
The corrin apresentation alredy started?
No, the tourney is on and nairo, komokiri, abadango, and 9b are there. Kamui and Bayonetta may be shown at the end.

Last edited:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
OK. SO DFS IS SPAMMABLE? BAIR SUPER GOOD? Falling up air good as I predicted. Jab is freakin fast. I surprisingly didn't see any DLs.

It's going to take me freakin hours of analyzing everything that happened. Fun! Yesh!

EDIT: CORRIN WILL BE RELEASED THURSDAY

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rapid jab seemed to pull towards Corrin (??), so that looks good.

Dragon Ascent goes super high.

Unfortunately Nair has a bad trajectory and Corrin's aerials outside of Bair seem to be lacking in kill potential generally speaking.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Rapid jab seemed to pull towards Corrin (??), so that looks good.

Dragon Ascent goes super high.

Unfortunately Nair has a bad trajectory and Corrin's aerials outside of Bair seem to be lacking in kill potential generally speaking.
Super high recovery? Aerials that don't kill except for bair? Pit has trained me for this.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Any get to see the grabs? I missed the first minute of the match sadly.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
That was awesome. Februrary 4th! Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
So Corrin is getting released Wednesday!

Feb 4th in Japan, Feb 3rd Afternoon in America

falling Uair is a way better option than I thought it would be.

edit 3: HEY GUYS IT LOOKS LIKE SIDE B IS A KILL OPTION IN THE AIR

Last edited:

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I think the last 5 numbers they showed with percentages may have been the top 5 smash ballot numbers.

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
From the unlisted 1v1:

0:27 - DFS confirms into dash attack, would almost certainly combo into fair.

1:19 - Short hop fair autocancels. Corrin also performed a fast fall.

1:36 - Dair repeatedly makes the meteor smash sound effect. It also has a landing hitbox.

1:38 - Fair confirms into uair for 20%.

From the FFA:

0:41 - Dragon Lunge killed Marth at 85%, doing 15% in the process.

1:04 - Falling nair confirms into nair?

1:24 - Utilt confirms into uair?

1:40 - Uair kills at 110%.

2:10 - Corrin has the coolest victory animation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom