• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It will have errors in it's early published versions...

Uh... Mariowiki and Smashwiki are from the same group Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance ,
Hold it, if you are refering to this website: http://mario.wikia.com/wiki/MarioWiki , then yes, this website's article sucks, even worse, it isn't more informative than Mariowiki... I had check Smashpedia too, and gee, it's horrible. And they do have Chinese version to some Wikia website, but it's in Simplified Chinese...
Smash Wiki doesn't have to deal with any lore stuff beyond SSE though.

Mario Wiki is fine for gameplay stuff and images and release dates and what not, but it's terrible for lore stuff, partly because the Mario fan base itself is terrible at interpreting details like that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario Wiki is fine for gameplay stuff and images and release dates and what not, but it's terrible for lore stuff, partly because the Mario fan base itself is terrible at interpreting details like that.
There's a reason why the Mario Boards exist, as that's where all of that folklore junk should really go.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Smash Wiki doesn't have to deal with any lore stuff beyond SSE though.

Because again lack of official source, those lore stuff should never taken for granted. Just take it as a reference.
There's a reason why the Mario Boards exist, as that's where all of that folklore junk should really go.
Mario Boards? Is there really that kind of forum?

Edit: Found it, do you have an account on this website @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy ? Thinking of register an account some day...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario Boards? Is there really that kind of forum?

Edit: Found it, do you have an account on this website @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy ?
I do, but it's not like I post stuff there every day. Users are required to make an account at the Mario Boards whenever they're given staff privileges at the Super Mario Wiki; I was a staff member there a few years ago, but I lost those privileges when I did some stupid things. And before you ask, I do not want to talk about how I lost my staff privileges.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I do, but it's not like I post stuff there every day. Users are required to make an account at the Mario Boards whenever they're given staff privileges at the Super Mario Wiki; I was a staff member there a few years ago, but I lost those privileges when I did some stupid things. And before you ask, I do not want to talk about how I lost my staff privileges.
So can I make an account? I got Mariowiki account already.

Nah, I don't want to know about it anyway.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
But I do. Who would've thought that a mod did some naughty stuff himself that got him grounded.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
If y'all are still on topic about this wiki ****, I don't rely on those at all since people change whatever info it has on any article, making them more and more inaccurate.
This is why I avoid the Mario Kart 8 page on there for vehicle stats. It turns out that some were wrong with hidden stats, but by searching on MKBoards, they had the correct information.

Even data and statistics can be wrong on the wiki (as I stated above), not just lore stuff.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Profile stuff can often be an issue when it comes to updating wiki articles, due to the lack of trustworthy sources, but the Super Mario Wiki does have a very strict protocol when it comes to adding stuff onto articles for games that have yet to be released.
And yet people still like to add stuff without having a back-up source.

Recently i face-palmed when Rosalina's page was changed for the 12314 time by a random person , because he believed that Kerri Kane ''could have '' voiced Rosalina in MP10 when that was already debunked.... Adding that stuff without ANY REAL backup.

I really dislike when people in there do that ; Changing stuff basing on their assumptions and 0 real backup sources.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So can I make an account? I got Mariowiki account already.
You can make an account there at any time you like, but you may need to have an e-mail address ready first.

But I do. Who would've thought that a mod did some naughty stuff himself that got him grounded.
This all happened about 4 years ago. Basically, I wasn't completely following the staff guidelines, and I said some stupid stuff that got me in an even deeper hole.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This all happened about 4 years ago. Basically, I wasn't completely following the staff guidelines, and I said some stupid stuff that got me in an even deeper hole.
No wonder why you can be so strict sometimes, especially that time when those sassy Zelda mains raided this thread a few months back.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This is why I avoid the Mario Kart 8 page on there for vehicle stats. It turns out that some were wrong with hidden stats, but by searching on MKBoards, they had the correct information.
Yeah the hidden stats can be tricky to figure out for the DLC vehicle bodies, especially for the handling stats, but I'm quite sure that I'm correct with my mini-turbo findings for the Blue Falcon (Streetle) and Tanooki Kart (Bone Rattler).

Even data and statistics can be wrong on the wiki (as I stated above), not just lore stuff.
In-game descriptions can sometimes give you false information, even though the stats are correct. For example, in Mario Super Sluggers, the Red Magikoopa's bio states that it has good stamina, when in reality, its stamina is quite poor; Magikoopas get exhausted rather quickly if they let up any big runs.

Similarly, while King K. Rool's bio states that his stamina is poor, he actually takes longer to get exhausted than Petey Piranha.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
No wonder why you can be so strict sometimes, especially that time when those sassy Zelda mains raided this thread a few months back.
There was someone who was like that in the peach thread not to long ago.

Surely hope there isn't any of us going causing that kinda trouble

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually I meant that they weren't ACTUALLY sassy, they were just trying really hard to be.

The problem there is that tryharding and sass are literally at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Warning Received
Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Wow, quite a lot can happen on this thread in merely 12 hours. I have some 2 cents on all that wiki malarkey and I guess it's pretty much what people are used to with Miyamoto keeping the depth of Mario lore to a minimum. I guess it's an adaptive thing that's an issue making people unintentionally ignorant toward Rosalina not being a princess because they're not willing to look that deep to find evidence going against the popular "princess" assumptions. As for things like Game Theory's Rosalina Unmasked, I just see it as something entertaining to watch and it's kinda fun to me to think about it as a "What if?" scenario. But yeah, people go way to far with Game Theories. So far that they automatically believe it's canon. I'm gonna be completely honest here. I was guilty of being that way once. I used to be in that mindset where I took those theories as fact. Yes, even the Rosalina one which I later especially felt *****y about believing at the time. However, I completely snapped out of it and I feel more like a strong-minded person for doing so. Yes, I'm still a fan of Game Theory. No, I will not take those videos for more than what they actually are; theories meant for entertainment. So if you see someone taking a theory as canon, show them this:
There was someone who was like that in the peach thread not to long ago.

Surely hope there isn't any of us going causing that kinda trouble
You can count on me. I'll do my best to input as much positive energy as possible around here. I myself have a people pleaser mindset, so I always have the desire to make people feel good.:joyful:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When I say the Game Theory thing is terrible, I'm mostly talking about how it defeats it's purpose as entertainment. The whole point of Game Theory is that it's supposed to cleverly connect the dots to make the theories seem at least plausible.

The Rosalina one just isn't plausible by any stretch. They get things wrong at every turn, and they outright ignore/write off facts at various points.

And then there was that whole point with the tree...I mean, that was just the epitome of stretching it, really hard...

I used to like Game Theory but ever since a few videos before the Rosalina one, it's been terrible for everything but FNAF, and that's because FNAF is basically made with them in mind.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Anyway. I think the Puzzle & Dragon game is coming out soon in NA. Can't wait to play that. That and Splatoon are going to be so fun. :3

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You can make an account there at any time you like, but you may need to have an e-mail address ready first.

Of course I have E mail address. Okay, I'll go make one soon.

Oh, well, some of us will sometimes be immature in the early days, which also includes me.
Nah! Don't let me think of that again, it's all the past anyway.
Wow, quite a lot can happen on this thread in merely 12 hours. I have some 2 cents on all that wiki malarkey and I guess it's pretty much what people are used to with Miyamoto keeping the depth of Mario lore to a minimum. I guess it's an adaptive thing that's an issue making people unintentionally ignorant toward Rosalina not being a princess because they're not willing to look that deep to find evidence going against the popular "princess" assumptions. As for things like Game Theory's Rosalina Unmasked, I just see it as something entertaining to watch and it's kinda fun to me to think about it as a "What if?" scenario. But yeah, people go way to far with Game Theories. So far that they automatically believe it's canon. I'm gonna be completely honest here. I was guilty of being that way once. I used to be in that mindset where I took those theories as fact. Yes, even the Rosalina one which I later especially felt *****y about believing at the time. However, I completely snapped out of it and I feel more like a strong-minded person for doing so. Yes, I'm still a fan of Game Theory. No, I will not take those videos for more than what they actually are; theories meant for entertainment. So if you see someone taking a theory as canon, show them this:

You can count on me. I'll do my best to input as much positive energy as possible around here. I myself have a people pleaser mindset, so I always have the desire to make people feel good.:joyful:
That's right, I am still of a fan of Game Theory too, but...recently they didn't do any Mario related theories so far, only FNAFs theories.
Edit:
After watching this video, man, this guy is right, we shouldn't take these theories completely as a canon. Take it or leave it. @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , you see, he says that if you see that a theory is wrong, feel free to discuss, and correct it, don't just completely deny it,or even hate it, and of course, don't completely take it for granted and spread it out loud.
@ mario123007 mario123007 Hey man, here's an image I thought you might like.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhlz1u35A

I hope I see more art like this. I'd totally want a Luma or Rosalina themed like the Squidlings.
Holy....! What's this? Evil Mario? Urgh... I don't really like it, and I can't even imagine they put Inkling's face style on Rosalina.
Anyway still, thanks for the share @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku :), I appreciate that you know I like Mario share some pic to me.

Last edited:

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
It's personal opinion anyway, if there's someone who likes Frozen. There has to be someone who hates it. It's just the matter of which has the large crowd. Me I just find Frozen doesn't appeal to me, but after I watched it, I think it's not bad.

Yeah...but again...their own opinion anyway...don't take it too seriously here since this isn't a Disney forum.

True...true...:)

Well, guess that he just doesn't like Frozen's genre, Princess related film doesn't appeal to everyone.

Really? Name it. Not being sarcastic, really, name it.

And...no double post please.
1.) Yeah it's personal opinion I get that, but there's ways to back it up to a objective point, I'm fine with opinions/preferences but there should be logical reasons to it. Especially in Tino's case.

2.) I really wouldn't take it seriously unless it's very illogical or stupid. Yeah it's not a Disney forum so I shouldn't but sometimes hatred for something as simple as a movie especially a good one is dumb.

4.) It doesn't I can understand that even though people don't say hate. They would say not my preference or not interested.

5.) I would but don't want to blow up this forum with pointless links when it should be focused on the goddess Rosalina and anything Nintendo related.

6.) sorry about that, kinda wanted to reply to that MK comment for ride ideas but already replied with the last one.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
1.) Yeah it's personal opinion I get that, but there's ways to back it up to a objective point, I'm fine with opinions/preferences but there should be logical reasons to it. Especially in Tino's case.

2.) I really wouldn't take it seriously unless it's very illogical or stupid. Yeah it's not a Disney forum so I shouldn't but sometimes hatred for something as simple as a movie especially a good one is dumb.

4.) It doesn't I can understand that even though people don't say hate. They would say not my preference or not interested.

5.) I would but don't want to blow up this forum with pointless links when it should be focused on the goddess Rosalina and anything Nintendo related.

6.) sorry about that, kinda wanted to reply to that MK comment for ride ideas but already replied with the last one.
Sure is, I do say that how Tino criticize Frozen is a bit too radical, but since I consider him as my bud, I can tolerate his opinions. But yeah, he does need to change it a bit.

Yeah... Frozen, a large number of people say it's good, but there are a minor ones who dislike it. Respect the fewer ones unless their opinions are too radical.

That's what I will say too.

Yeah... I do think it's pointless to argue with this trifling thing.

You can always edit your past posts, you know that right? Just copy and paste, it isn't hard to do.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have nothing to say to anyone, I was just highlighting a fact. :p

Anyway, I'm deciding to try build up my Rosalina collection (after getting the Amiibo, and after my friend getting me the Gashapon figure and the Smash poster, I felt an urge to). Just ordered this super rare baby:

Also just bought these for €17 altogether:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got my own set right here. It was thanks to my friend from the mariokartwii.com forums that got my hands on these beauties. :colorful:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I would certainly want Rosalina plushies. As an added bonus get some Luma plushies as well. <3

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have nothing to say to anyone, I was just highlighting a fact. :p

Anyway, I'm deciding to try build up my Rosalina collection (after getting the Amiibo, and after my friend getting me the Gashapon figure and the Smash poster, I felt an urge to). Just ordered this super rare baby:

Also just bought these for €17 altogether:

Wow, even I live in Asia, getting these would take me some real hard time.
I got my own set right here. It was thanks to my friend from the mariokartwii.com forums that got my hands on these beauties. :colorful:

You mean someone on that forum give you these two plushies? Lucky! How did you manage to get these in that forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom