• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not only is "Let It Go" the most overrated song but it's also the most horrible song I've ever heard. Everywhere I go, that song always pops up everywhere, it's irritating.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Idina Menzel is a really Good singer. No wonder the song recived so much acclaim , she is truly talented and has nothing to envy from others. A True inspiration , unlike some other people indeed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It is quite ironic how a well-received movie may receive a large amount of hate. Of course, I've seen some movie commercials state that a movie is #1 in America, when in truth, the statement is heavily exaggerated.

Sometimes you just have to go with the amount of stars that the movie received to know whether or not it's that good.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
A Nintendo amusement park huh? Now that's actually something that really interests me. Idk how they'll manage with hiring mascots. Maybe that or some robot of the sorts (ROB haha)

Of course, no one or no mechanical contraption of the sorts will ever come close to being as perfect as the one and only Rosalina, unfortunately. So if they try to make some sort of "robot" or a lolmascot, I'm not feeling it. I want the perfect Rosalina. AKA: The one Rosalina that appears in ever Mario spin-off, Mario Galaxy game, and Smash Bros 4 where she unleashes her deadly un-contested prowess. At least maybe a hologram of it. Not touchable but it kind of is accurate since no one can really touch goddesses. Notice how she has a shield around her all the time in Mario Galaxy? It's like saying, "Peasant, you can't touch me. I'm perfect" Also, she's freaking powerful. She can summon black holes. BLACK HOLES :O

But hey, warp star roller coaster. Now that sounds extremely cool!
How would they incorporate a Mario Kart themed attraction? Bumper Cars? A Race Way? Or a Roller Coaster?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Idina Menzel is a really Good singer. No wonder the song recived so much acclaim , she is truly talented and has nothing to envy from others. A True inspiration , unlike some other people indeed.
What that song really needs is a remix. Ya dig?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I can only imagine all of the Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox and F-Zero themed attractions on that park. I wonder if it'll be anything like Six Flags.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Speaking of Nintendo attractions, I of course want Rosalina involved in any way.

Would love Pikmin, Animal crossing, and Kirby attractions myself. <3

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Having a Rosalina cosplayer and the Comet Observatory as one of the attractions would be the best feeling ever. :)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
dont think anyone here is calling them a look a like. im just not blown away with rosalina cosplay because her outfit in all fairness is about as generic as it gets for a princess theme
I'm okay with anyone comparing them ON THE WEB.
Rosalina and Elsa really have something between them , that when you see one of them they remind you of the other.

Palette similiraties are stronger than Obvious similarities.

If Elsa had Rosalina's Hair but let's say Black , they won't have a strong connection.

But since overall , their palette is organized in a really similar way (Light Blonde for Hair , Blue for dress , Blue for eyes , Pinkish Lips , Fair skin ...etc) They resemble eachother strongly ; That and the fact that Now Ice is a reference too , apparently .

No wonder why most people see them like look-alike , even if they actually know they characters are not so close to relation (Elsa is insecure at times but she is Wise , while Rosalina so far , as of Galaxy , is Just a Strong and calm Leader, she doesn't show fear or insecurity , canonically speaking)

Video Time: Apparently nobody does Rosalina related stuff for Mario Kart Wii anymore , so...
Speaking of black, wasn't there a Dark Elsa concept artwork? I think she looks cool when she's Dark Elsa.
Again with this Rosalina and Elsa comparison? They're nothing alike in anyway. Besides, I hate that movie Frozen. What makes it any better than any of those other Disney classics?
Frozen is pretty much overrated.

But the songs are great
Correction. The only songs that are great are "Let It Go" and "For The First Time In Forever". Every other song is very underwhelming. However, I'll have to agree on Frozen being overrated.
When they first announced this movie, I wasn't appeal to it. But after I watched it from blue ray CD, I think it's not bad. However, as a boy, I never like Princess theme Disney movie.
And the song, I found it catchy...

And guys, this is a true story, I was playing Smash Bros at school. My friends who don' t know Smash Bros saw me using Rosalina, and they laugh at me by saying"Why are you using Elsa?!", I was so embarressed....

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not only is "Let It Go" the most overrated song but it's also the most horrible song I've ever heard. Everywhere I go, that song always pops up everywhere, it's irritating.
Personal opinions, I respect that. Glad you aren't saying this in a Disney social thread...
I wonder if that storybook would become the real deal to see and read for ourselves.
Or maybe we can buy it? Koizumi had once said he want the storybook to become a real children''s book.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Warning Received
Personal opinions, I respect that. Glad you aren't saying this in a Disney social thread...
There's a Disney social thread?
Or maybe we can buy it? Koizumi had once said he want the storybook to become a real children''s book.
I'm always hoping that storybook would become as real as it gets so that I could get it, read it myself and give it to my sister so she could give it to her son one day.
And guys, this is a true story, I was playing Smash Bros at school. My friends who don' t know Smash Bros saw me using Rosalina, and they laugh at me by saying"Why are you using Elsa?!", I was so embarressed....
Why were you embarrassed when you should've give them this:

*Image Removed*

Moderator Edit: Removed an inappropriate image.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There's a Disney social thread?

I'm always hoping that storybook would become as real as it gets so that I could get it, read it myself and give it to my sister so she could give it to her son one day.

Why were you embarrassed when you should've give them this:

*Image Removed*
There has to be, there's a Disney(Or even Frozen) reddit page to be sure.

Dude, seriously? They are my friends, and I was too busy to do that. I was fighting with Lv 9 Lucina, god damn she's so buffed up this time

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
There has to be, there's a Disney(Or even Frozen) reddit page to be sure.

Dude, seriously? They are my friends, and I was too busy to do that. I was fighting with Lv 9 Lucina, god damn she's so buffed up this time
Well, I don't see it anywhere.

Seriously, I don't give a **** what anybody says if I were playing Smash Bros. kicking ass with Rosalina with my friends around.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, I don't see it anywhere.

Seriously, I don't give a **** what anybody says if I were playing Smash Bros. kicking *** with Rosalina with my friends around.
Uh... yeah, there isn't in this website, my bad...

A friend who isn't a Smash Bros fan to be exact. And hey, they don't even know she is called Rosalina.Taiwanese teenagers are indulged in smartphone games these days. I often feel isolated.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't even know why people do that. The differences between Elsa and Rosalina are 100% noticeable after all.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't even know why people do that. The differences between Elsa and Rosalina are 100% noticeable after all.
Some just do. And gee, blonde hair, blue dress and will surely made those who doesn't know who Rosalina is think of Elsa, my daily life experience proves it, and I'm very disappointed..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some just do. And gee, blonde hair, blue dress and will surely made those who doesn't know who Rosalina is think of Elsa, my daily life experience proves it, and I'm very disappointed..
You would think that Rosalina's long hair bang would deliver a clear message to others.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Well I didn't know who elsa was so I just goggle searched her. At a glance you see the resemblance between the two. But then you notice so much different details (as you guys said. the dress, hair and even facial features are very different). after noticing all that, I'd say they are more different then alike.

All this talk about this subject reminds me of that video where Francis's sister tried to get him amiibos for Christmas. Then got him a tinkerbell and mistaken it for Rosalina :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How would they incorporate a Mario Kart themed attraction? Bumper Cars? A Race Way? Or a Roller Coaster?

---------------

I posted this image as a joke on Tumblr last night and a Rosalina RP blog got really pissy with me over it. The irony:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think people like to compare Elsa and Rosalina , or ''mistake'' one for the other because they are simple minded , plus Rosalina is not as Popular or well-known as Elsa (Pretty obvious).

This reminds of Blue Peach all over again ; People thinking Rosalina was Peach back them (the non-hardcore fans still do that)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

---------------

I posted this image as a joke on Tumblr last night and a Rosalina RP blog got really pissy with me over it. The irony:

Hm... Rosalina RP blog? What is that?
I'm on the Rosalina is not a princess side, so I ain't piss of this.
I think people like to compare Elsa and Rosalina , or ''mistake'' one for the other because they are simple minded , plus Rosalina is not as Popular or well-known as Elsa (Pretty obvious).

This reminds of Blue Peach all over again ; People thinking Rosalina was Peach back them (the non-hardcore fans still do that)
Super obvious, Nintendo and Disney have one thing in common are, old companies, bring us a good childhood. However, in Taiwan, most of my friends still stuck in the DS and Wii era, so of course they don't know Rosalina.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
It is quite ironic how a well-received movie may receive a large amount of hate. Of course, I've seen some movie commercials state that a movie is #1 in America, when in truth, the statement is heavily exaggerated.

Sometimes you just have to go with the amount of stars that the movie received to know whether or not it's that good.
It always seems like they're saying every movie that comes out that they deem worth advertising is the "#1 movie of the year." They can literally say that about any movie to get more people to see it. Business as always, I guess?
Having a Rosalina cosplayer and the Comet Observatory as one of the attractions would be the best feeling ever. :)
It should be the main and definitive attraction.
Uh... yeah, there isn't in this website, my bad...

A friend who isn't a Smash Bros fan to be exact. And hey, they don't even know she is called Rosalina.Taiwanese teenagers are indulged in smartphone games these days. I often feel isolated.
I often feel like the weird one playing my 3DS, DS, GBA, etc. while others are playing simple smartphone games. Such a weird era where gamers like us seem to be the odd bunch.

---------------

Looks like they don't know their Nintendo princesses. Everyone's just assuming it because of her crown pretty much. They just take one glance and make their assumption on the spot.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It always seems like they're saying every movie that comes out that they deem worth advertising is the "#1 movie of the year." They can literally say that about any movie to get more people to see it. Business as always, I guess?
Like in this case, that Frozen movie. Just what makes it so good and special compared to Disney classics like The Lion King or even The Little Mermaid?
It should be the main and definitive attraction.
The first attraction I would definitely go to.:colorful:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Of course Rosalina is not a princess. I don't get why people think she is.
It's obvious for those who didn't read her story, a princess.
I often feel like the weird one playing my 3DS, DS, GBA, etc. while others are playing simple smartphone games. Such a weird era where gamers like us seem to be the odd bunch.
Guess I'm not alone LOL.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Like in this case, that Frozen movie. Just what makes it so good and special compared to Disney classics like The Lion King or even The Little Mermaid?
The newer movies usually aren't anywhere near as impressive as the ones back in the 20th century. Of course, the 2000's era did have some good movies as well.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The newer movies usually aren't anywhere near as impressive as the ones back in the 20th century. Of course, the 2000's era did have some good movies as well.
2000 era really wasn't a good era for Disney, but for Pixar, hell yeah it is.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Honestly, I don't remember what Disney movies came out last decade. Only one I can think of is The Princess and The Frog.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Honestly, I don't remember what Disney movies came out last decade. Only one I can think of is The Princess and The Frog.
It was sort of a time that Disney started to give up on 2D animation and make non Pixar 3D animated film. Only a few were good.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Finally the Complete set of edits to Fully have Rosalina in MKDS. Includes Text name and Pretty select icon , can you guess the render i used for it? xD

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Eh, I personally don't care if she is a princess or not. She's still an amazing character and would distance herself from the typical princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom