• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I had enjoy the fun of collecting the coins, and get over 200+ lives, it's impossible for you to gameover in NSMB2

And check out this Rosalina montage video
Not gonna lie. This actually makes me want to main Rosalina again.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, especially with Luma around.
Lums are gonna blast and slam to each other...yeah, I can imagine that...
Not gonna lie. This actually makes me want to main Rosalina again.
I know you are a Mario main like me. But unlike you, I go to Rosalina threads more often.
Same with me LOL.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Didn't Universal once try to sue Nintendo for Donkey Kong apparently being too similar to King Kong.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
SEGA's really gone down throughout the years... They need Nintendo to stay afloat in console gaming, However, they're fine in other departments.
Yeah, recent news is that SEGA doesn't have E3 booth this year, how awful...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
SEGA's really gone down throughout the years... They need Nintendo to stay afloat in console gaming, However, they're fine in other departments.
I don't call outbidding Nintendo on buying Index Corp, and outbidding ZeniMax on buying Relic Entertainment, the definition of "needing Nintendo to stay afloat in the console market".

But that's just me.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Universal once try to sue Nintendo for Donkey Kong apparently being too similar to King Kong.
Yep I remember watching a little show about it on G4.

I found it funny that they were sued yet Nintendo was the ones walking out around $2 million richer.

IIRC Unerversal never really had the rights to King Kong. So they really shouldn't of sued in the first place.

Edit: let's make a petition for a Rosalina roller-coaster where you can ride on a Luma

Last edited:
A Nintendo amusement park huh? Now that's actually something that really interests me. Idk how they'll manage with hiring mascots. Maybe that or some robot of the sorts (ROB haha)

Of course, no one or no mechanical contraption of the sorts will ever come close to being as perfect as the one and only Rosalina, unfortunately. So if they try to make some sort of "robot" or a lolmascot, I'm not feeling it. I want the perfect Rosalina. AKA: The one Rosalina that appears in ever Mario spin-off, Mario Galaxy game, and Smash Bros 4 where she unleashes her deadly un-contested prowess. At least maybe a hologram of it. Not touchable but it kind of is accurate since no one can really touch goddesses. Notice how she has a shield around her all the time in Mario Galaxy? It's like saying, "Peasant, you can't touch me. I'm perfect" Also, she's freaking powerful. She can summon black holes. BLACK HOLES :O

But hey, warp star roller coaster. Now that sounds extremely cool!

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
An F-Zero ride will not be accurate unless it has fatalities because of its speed. :4falcon:

Plus Nintendo toys at a theme park would be the best.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I would be fine with a good Rosalina cosplayer being hired to go around and hang out at a Comet Observatory attraction or something.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The important thing though - whatever Rosalina cosplayer they have has to be really tall. :p

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
By the way, I can totally see Star Bits being a sweet treat that people can buy at the theme park. It completely works because Star Bits are literally based off an actual candy in Japan, Konpeitō.

It could be called Luma's Star Bits. It could be within a Comet Observatory themed attraction too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A Nintendo amusement park huh? Now that's actually something that really interests me. Idk how they'll manage with hiring mascots. Maybe that or some robot of the sorts (ROB haha)

Of course, no one or no mechanical contraption of the sorts will ever come close to being as perfect as the one and only Rosalina, unfortunately. So if they try to make some sort of "robot" or a lolmascot, I'm not feeling it. I want the perfect Rosalina. AKA: The one Rosalina that appears in ever Mario spin-off, Mario Galaxy game, and Smash Bros 4 where she unleashes her deadly un-contested prowess. At least maybe a hologram of it. Not touchable but it kind of is accurate since no one can really touch goddesses. Notice how she has a shield around her all the time in Mario Galaxy? It's like saying, "Peasant, you can't touch me. I'm perfect" Also, she's freaking powerful. She can summon black holes. BLACK HOLES :O

But hey, warp star roller coaster. Now that sounds extremely cool!
I really hope they will really make a permanent Nintendo theme park rather just Nintendo "temporary themed" park in Univeral.
By the way, I can totally see Star Bits being a sweet treat that people can buy at the theme park. It completely works because Star Bits are literally based off an actual candy in Japan, Konpeitō.

It could be called Luma's Star Bits. It could be within a Comet Observatory themed attraction too.
I tried it before, it really just tates like honey. It reminds me the good o' child days...
The important thing though - whatever Rosalina cosplayer they have has to be really tall. :p
Sure is.

falln

Smash Ace
IMO rosalina is too similar to elsa/cinderella as a default design. if she was walking around with her smash costumes then thatd be a different story

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She really doesn't look like any of the Disney princesses at all. I can think of a few characters that remind me of her though.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
No, she has a few similarities. There is no denying that. Not enough where people should be mistaking them, but still a few. Rosalina came first anyway.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Similarities aren't enough to make them look alikes though. You can draw similarities between any two characters. Sonic and Mega Man both have very similar colour schemes, for example. Doesn't make them look alikes.

There are way more differences than similarities between them, which is why I don't get how rampant the comparisons are.

falln

Smash Ace
dont think anyone here is calling them a look a like. im just not blown away with rosalina cosplay because her outfit in all fairness is about as generic as it gets for a princess theme

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well Rosalina isn't a princess, so her outfit isn't even meant to reflect such a status. Her outfit isn't meant to look royal, but modest. It's made like a night gown, to go with the space theme (since space is associated with the night, peace, serenity, etc).

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina and Elsa really have something between them , that when you see one of them they remind you of the other.

Palette similiraties are stronger than Obvious similarities.

If Elsa had Rosalina's Hair but let's say Black , they won't have a strong connection.

But since overall , their palette is organized in a really similar way (Light Blonde for Hair , Blue for dress , Blue for eyes , Pinkish Lips , Fair skin ...etc) They resemble eachother strongly ; That and the fact that Now Ice is a reference too , apparently .

No wonder why most people see them like look-alike , even if they actually know they characters are not so close to relation (Elsa is insecure at times but she is Wise , while Rosalina so far , as of Galaxy , is Just a Strong and calm Leader, she doesn't show fear or insecurity , canonically speaking)

Video Time: Apparently nobody does Rosalina related stuff for Mario Kart Wii anymore , so...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Again with this Rosalina and Elsa comparison? They're nothing alike in anyway. Besides, I hate that movie Frozen. What makes it any better than any of those other Disney classics?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They aren't genuinely alike, they just had a few similarities in colour, and people latched onto it and it's basically a meme now. No different to the "Nintendo's Lightning" meme.

Besides, I hate that movie Frozen. What makes it any better than any of those other Disney classics?
Absolutely nothing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
They aren't genuinely alike, they just had a few similarities in colour, and people latched onto it and it's basically a meme now. No different to the "Nintendo's Lightning" meme.

Absolutely nothing.
They could've cutten that *****'s head off when they had the chance.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Let It Go is probably the most overrated song in the film. The chord progression is as generic as it gets.

Ironically though, I like the first few seconds a lot.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Let It Go is probably the most overrated song in the film. The chord progression is as generic as it gets.

Ironically though, I like the first few seconds a lot.
I thought I was the only one who felt this way about it (guess I'm not alone). The intro to the song was good, but when it comes to how generic it is, it can be matched nearly identically to Katy Perry's Firework. Just goes to show how generic the chord progression is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom