• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Eh, I personally don't care if she is a princess or not. She's still an amazing character and would distance herself from the typical princess.
That's right :)

Edit: Recently I wan to change my Youtube name from 黃鑫 mario123007, it it gonna take a while for my Youtube channel to change it's name?

Last edited:

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Again with this Rosalina and Elsa comparison? They're nothing alike in anyway. Besides, I hate that movie Frozen. What makes it any better than any of those other Disney classics?
Hey it's a great movie no need to hate it for no reason.
Frozen is pretty much overrated.

But the songs are great
Eh not really it's overhated not overrated.
Let It Go is probably the most overrated song in the film. The chord progression is as generic as it gets.

Ironically though, I like the first few seconds a lot.
Well to be fair that's every song nowadays and it's not really generic.
Not only is "Let It Go" the most overrated song but it's also the most horrible song I've ever heard. Everywhere I go, that song always pops up everywhere, it's irritating.
geez your hate for the movie really is out there and to be honest, unecessary
Like in this case, that Frozen movie. Just what makes it so good and special compared to Disney classics like The Lion King or even The Little Mermaid?
I can name a lot of reasons for that especially against Lion Kings case.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
How would they incorporate a Mario Kart themed attraction? Bumper Cars? A Race Way? Or a Roller Coaster?
They might make it like go karts in a way. Like Six flags does there's were you pay to race in a kart, or like Disney were you ride in a characters kart similarly to the Cars ride in california.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Because of this?

(Taken from Mariowiki)
Urgh... I don't know why most of you guys think Mariowiki'sisn't reliable. Yeah, but it's not the website itself, it's the source. As we all know, everyone can edit wiki even without having an account. You can change the article if you think there's mistake or you think the description isn't perfect.
And the prima guide indeed, isn't a official guide. So if the intruction manul didn't say Rosalina is a princess, she isn't a princess.
Hey it's a great movie no need to hate it for no reason.

Eh not really it's overhated not overrated.

Well to be fair that's every song nowadays and it's not really generic.

geez your hate for the movie really is out there and to be honest, unecessary

I can name a lot of reasons for that especially against Lion Kings case.
It's personal opinion anyway, if there's someone who likes Frozen. There has to be someone who hates it. It's just the matter of which has the large crowd. Me I just find Frozen doesn't appeal to me, but after I watched it, I think it's not bad.

Yeah...but again...their own opinion anyway...don't take it too seriously here since this isn't a Disney forum.

True...true...:)

Well, guess that he just doesn't like Frozen's genre, Princess related film doesn't appeal to everyone.

Really? Name it. Not being sarcastic, really, name it.

And...no double post please.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
@ gameprodigy12 gameprodigy12 It's called an opinion... People don't like it, it's their problem, not mines. People may like that **** but I absolutely hate it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because of this?

(Taken from Mariowiki)

The guide is not an official source (it's the same source that claims Peach and Daisy are cousins, which is also complete bull), and the trading card is referring to Peach when it says "help Mario in his journey to save the princess".

Mariowiki is not great for story and lore stuff at all.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The guide is not an official source (it's the same source that claims Peach and Daisy are cousins, which is also complete bull), and the trading card is referring to Peach when it says "help Mario in his journey to save the princess".

It's certainly not a bad place to start though. The only problem is that with inconsistencies like this on the website, you'll have too look much further into other places for Mario lore.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's certainly not a bad place to start though. The only problem is that with inconsistencies like this on the website, you'll have too look much further into other places for Mario lore.
I would disagree, since impressionable people always treat the place they started as the bible, hence, people think Rosalina is a princess now.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I would disagree, since impressionable people always treat the place they started as the bible, hence, people think Rosalina is a princess now.
Hmm... You do have a valid point. Many seem to treat it as the one above all place for information. So what websites would you recommend people go to? One that's more credible than Mario Wiki.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hmm... You do have a valid point. Many seem to treat it as the one above all place for information. So what websites would you recommend people go to? One that's more credible than Mario Wiki.
Honestly, nothing right now.

Mario fans just don't give a damn about lore, and it's because Shigeru Miyamoto raised them that way (both literally and figuratively). So they don't care to document it. Galaxy and Rosalina were an exception, with Rosalina being made by Yoshiaki Koizumi, the same man who brought us a lot of the deep, thought provoking scenarios in Majora's Mask.

As a result, Mario fans believe whoever when it comes to Mario lore. I am not kidding when I say the majority of people accept Game Theory's Rosalina theory as canon. As long as the theory uses a lot of big words and sounds convoluted, it must be true, right?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Mario fans just don't give a damn about lore, and it's because Shigeru Miyamoto raised them that way (both literally and figuratively). So they don't care to document it. Galaxy and Rosalina were an exception, with Rosalina being made by Yoshiaki Koizumi, the same man who brought us a lot of the deep, thought provoking scenarios in Majora's Mask.

As a result, Mario fans believe whoever when it comes to Mario lore. I am not kidding when I say the majority of people accept Game Theory's Rosalina theory as canon. As long as the theory uses a lot of big words and sounds convoluted, it must be true, right?
Oh god that awful Game Theory on Rosalina... I guess it's fine that you don't have a website in thought since it really doesn't matter at this point. I guess the only useful thing on Mario Wiki is the general stuff; stuff people might not know, but should know anyways.

You know thinking back to when Galaxy and Rosalina was made, it was documented on the wiki pretty badly back then. That probably was a sign that Mario Wiki editors weren't used to deep lore and story since most things are just handed to them cut and dry by Miyamoto.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but I like Elsa, Frozen, Rosalina, and Mario Galaxy

Learn2lovethemboth. They're both PERFECT (If only there was a way to make texts glittery/shiny) and indomitable :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If perfect mediocrity counts as perfect then yeah Elsa and Frozen are perfect I guess.

I'm sorry I just don't think that movie deserves high praises beyond it's animation.

I mean, Galaxy did a lot of new things for Mario, Nintendo, and gaming as a whole, and Rosalina contributed quite a bit to that.

Frozen did absolutely nothing new, among other criticisms.

So I really don't see them as comparable at all.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
All hail the cosmic traveler!
Speaking of cosmic traveler...
Here I repost Dabuz's Rosalina competitive guide here one more time, for anyone who wants to know how to get good with Rosalina.

He use Chrome searchbar to find the word princess, he can't get rid that princess which refers to Peach.

Again, it's not Mariowiki itself, it's the article's source that we need to concern, same as Wikipedia. Any good Wiki article requires a legit source.
Mariowiki is a place that offer's every Mario game's articles,theories,guides,trivias, and lists from any source. It's probably a clear, safe, website that offers anything that is Mario related. Especially official artworks, you can get any Mario HQ official artworks from this website. It counts on you to find a reliable source material, and edit it on Mariowiki.

I take that Game Theory video about Rosalina as entertainment, never seriously. This also refers to other weird Mario theories video.

Learn2lovethemboth. They're both PERFECT (If only there was a way to make texts glittery/shiny) and indomitable :D
Ok... I agreed they are both pretty, but... they really aren't alike...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

While the Super Mario Wiki may contain sources that aren't the best, it's not so much the wiki's fault, but more the companies who made the sources to begin with.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
While the Super Mario Wiki may contain sources that aren't the best, it's not so much the wiki's fault, but more the companies who made the sources to begin with.
I said that before too. It's not because Mariowiki's source isn't reliable. It's because there isn't any official confirmation. Debates on the other hand should treated neutral when writing an article.

By and large, Internet has never been a reliable source anyway. It depends on how you to find it, or wait for Nintendo to reveal a character's secret.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why would the wiki list a source that isn't credible to begin with? That's entirely the wiki's fault.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Why would the wiki list a source that isn't credible to begin with? That's entirely the wiki's fault.
Because you probably can't find a better source. Wiki is a website that anyone can edit it. It's not because when you have your own viewpoint on a certain thing you don't agreed with the source and say it isn't reliable.

Again, don't take not just wiki, even the entire Internet as a reliable source, that's why we still need libraries.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because you probably can't find a better source. Wiki is a website that anyone can edit it. It's not because when you have your own viewpoint on a certain thing and you can say the source isn't reliable.

Again, don't take not just wiki, even the entire Internet as a reliable source, that's why we still need libraries.
Prima Guides is not an official source. I'm not just saying it isn't reliable, it straight up isn't

It is the fault of the moderators of the wiki for not checking this stuff. That quote has been on the wiki for years.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Prima Guides is not an official source. I'm not just saying it isn't reliable, it straight up isn't

It is the fault of the moderators of the wiki for not checking this stuff. That quote has been on the wiki for years.
Just because it isn't an official source, that doesn't mean they can't edit it, as long the title doesn't say: Official
Profiles and statistics

It's just to let someone like me who don't have Prima Guide but want to know what did the Prima Guides said about Rosalina.
And hey, it's a wiki page, if you think it shouldn't be there. Go ahead delete it. But there's a high chance that it will be back anyway.

Prima Guide's artice in Super Mario Wiki:
Prima Games published several officially licensed guidebooks for Mario games, which competed with concurrentNintendo Power guides. Following Nintendo Power's sale by Nintendo of America and acquisition by Future USA, Prima entered a partnership with Nintendo in 2007[1].

Early in its life, the publisher released several unofficial guides (often suffixed with "Unauthorized Game Secrets") to games it did not have a license for. Such guides were made for Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars,Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart 64, among others.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just because it isn't an official source, that doesn't mean they can't edit it, as long the title doesn't say: Official
Profiles and statistics

It's just to let someone like me who don't have Prima Guide but want to know what did the Prima Guides said about Rosalina.
And hey, it's a wiki page, if you think it shouldn't be there. Go ahead delete it. But there's a high chance that it will be back anyway.

Prima Guide's artice in Super Mario Wiki:
If it isn't an official inside source, it shouldn't be on the wiki on the first place. Their statements on Rosalina or anything else have no more relevance than any Average Joe.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If it isn't an official inside source, it shouldn't be on the wiki on the first place. Their statements on Rosalina or anything else have no more relevance than any Average Joe.
Go ahead and delete it then.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Both are to blame for this issue. The Wiki took a source that isn't credible and Prima's at fault for publishing that false information. I don't know which gets more blame though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Both are to blame for this issue. The Wiki took a source that isn't credible and Prima's at fault for publishing that false information. I don't know which gets more blame though.
It's just a guide for you to complete the game rather than trying to know about the story.

You can't blame any of them since the Internet's source were never credible. And a Wiki is an encyclopedia website that anyone can edit. If you can find a credible source, Wiki welcomes you to edit it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

No thank you. As I said time and again, Elsa and Frozen are so damn overrated.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I would do that but I think the wiki is a lost cause, and as you yourself said, somebody would re-add it.
You can also check the reason why they put it back in the history section.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A few in here were having a hard time doing that.
Yeah...
I would do that but I think the wiki is a lost cause, and as you yourself said, somebody would re-add it.
Wiki it's a lost cause? Ya know I wouldn't know Smashboards, and many things about Smash Bros if there wasn't Smaswiki.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I do remember owning a Yoshi's Story player's guide, and it didn't do a good job referring to the enemies by their right names. Likewise, there's an obvious mistake on the guide, involving the stage, Blargg's Boiler; the location for one of the melons is incorrect on that very guide.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah...

Wiki lost it's cause? Ya know I wouldn't know Smashboards, and many things about Smash Bros if there wasn't Smaswiki.

Like I said I really don't care as I don't use the wiki for anything more than getting images and renders.

The information is incorrect and contradictory and shouldn't be there, but it's not gonna be removed because they won't let it.

Also I was talking about Mario wiki, not Smash wiki.

Mario wiki is terrible for lore stuff, as is it's sister site, Sonic News Network.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If y'all are still on topic about this wiki ****, I don't rely on those at all since people change whatever info it has on any article, making them more and more inaccurate.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Profile stuff can often be an issue when it comes to updating wiki articles, due to the lack of trustworthy sources, but the Super Mario Wiki does have a very strict protocol when it comes to adding stuff onto articles for games that have yet to be released.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You know, I do remember owning a Yoshi's Story player's guide, and it didn't do a good job referring to the enemies by their right names. Likewise, there's an obvious mistake on the guide, involving the stage, Blargg's Boiler; the location for one of the melons is incorrect on that very guide.
It will have errors in it's early published versions...
Early in its life, the publisher released several unofficial guides (often suffixed with "Unauthorized Game Secrets") to games it did not have a license for. Such guides were made for Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars,Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Kart 64, among others.
Like I said I really don't care as I don't use the wiki for anything more than getting images and renders.

The information is incorrect and contradictory and shouldn't be there, but it's not gonna be removed because they won't let it.

Also I was talking about Mario wiki, not Smash wiki.

Mario wiki is terrible for lore stuff, as is it's sister site, Sonic News Network.
Uh... Mariowiki and Smashwiki are from the same group Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance ,
Hold it, if you are refering to this website: http://mario.wikia.com/wiki/MarioWiki , then yes, this website's article sucks, even worse, it isn't more informative than Mariowiki... I had check Smashpedia too, and gee, it's horrible. And they do have Chinese version to some Wikia website, but it's in Simplified Chinese...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom