• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I finally figured out what was bugging me with the Rosalina Amiibo: She's not looking at Luma. In her official art, her eyes are aimed down at Luma, but the Amiibo just looks straight ahead. It's a bit weird.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Well that's why you open it carefully rather than just "ERMEAHGOD OPEN TEH THING". :V
:b: That's how I'd be when I get an amiibo. I'd feel like a little kid again opening a toy box! :b:

I finally figured out what was bugging me with the Rosalina Amiibo: She's not looking at Luma. In her official art, her eyes are aimed down at Luma, but the Amiibo just looks straight ahead. It's a bit weird.
You're right. Although from an angle it looks like she's looking at Luma, it's more like she's looking at the pole Luma is on...
"Luma! What are you doing on that pole?!"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It looks like she's looking at him to me. It's not perfect though, since the space for fitting Luma in is limited. From the angle of these shots though, it looks like it. Rosalina is looking downwards.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
...I'm a bit more ok with the nerf now then before. After all, this should decrease the constant crying about Rosalina being "so incredibly broken." >.>

I don't care if it doesn't affect anything in the long run, as long as the complaining can finally end. :3

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As someone who plays Rosalina casually, I think that this nerf was needed (and it's not a big nerf to me). But, despite being ok with this nerf, I fear one thing. ONE.

The cat-and-mouse games in "For Glory" are going to be even more tedious.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
As someone who plays Rosalina casually, I think that this nerf was needed (and it's not a big nerf to me). But, despite being ok with this nerf, I fear one thing. ONE.

The cat-and-mouse games in "For Glory" are going to be even more tedious.
I assume by "cat and mouse" you mean stalling? Well, yes. Us Rosalina mains are going to have to learn to stall more effectively and efficiently. After all, the opponent will probably be more aggressive now. It is best we learn to protect our Lumas much better as well. Learn to keep Luma away from cliffs as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I assume by "cat and mouse" you mean stalling? Well, yes. Us Rosalina mains are going to have to learn to stall more effectively and efficiently. After all, the opponent will probably be more aggressive now. It is best we learn to protect our Lumas much better as well. Learn to keep Luma away from cliffs as well.
Easier said than done when you've got aggressive fighters who are always trying to force Rosalina near the edge of the battlefield.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
So a guy found a thing.

If you let Luma fall offscreen, somehow you can make it teleport in front of you instead of dying. The video involves a lot of dair spam and I encountered the same glitch on For Glory earlier tonight while also using dair, so that may be a possible avenue of exploration, but brief stop in training mode left me unable to replicate it.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I'm not sure that's a very reliable tactic, but it is... interesting for those who might be able to get it work, I'll give it that much.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think it's related to the fact that Luma's trying to return to you and is against the wall of the stage. If you toss Luma underneath a stage and try to call it back it'll fly against the bottom of the stage for a bit then teleport to you like that.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina also lacked the echo effect in Mario Kart 8, and some people considered her to be too much like Peach in that game.
Yeah, me too. I can't imagine Rosalina's MK8 voice used in Smash bros.
Oh by the way, amiibo figures are not region locked, so you can import it from Japan if they release it there first.
http://nintendoeverything.com/amiibo-figures-not-region-locked/
That's a good news for me!!!!!!! So that means a Japan sold amiibo can be used on the US Wii U?
SCREW SONICBRAWLER (no offence :p )

Luma's Theme? ITS IN! ITS REALLY IN, I'M SO HAPPY! Probably could have been a tad better but I love it none the less.

EDIT: I take that back, its pretty much perfect.

double post sorry.

But check this out http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68247095
I made this at the beginning of the year

And here is another post I made

Uh huh, nice.
So glad you tagged me and other Rosalina thread users. Feels quite honor for some how.

Here's the complete packaging of Rosalina & Luma. You can also see her name in different languages.
Looks awesome. I will buy one even though I already have a SMG Rosalina gashupan toy figure.
Also I think the update this time is probably the worst update that I've ever receive, you can't see the replays you saved before. So that means I have to do my Rosalina Target Blast record etc. again!!!!

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I think it's related to the fact that Luma's trying to return to you and is against the wall of the stage. If you toss Luma underneath a stage and try to call it back it'll fly against the bottom of the stage for a bit then teleport to you like that.
I did a little bit more experimenting today. I can reliably replicate this by firing an uncharged Luma Shot from the ledge of any walled Omega stage and simply waiting. Having Luma shoot Star Bits away from the wall while next to it also tends to produce the effect. You are probably correct in your assessment, and I suspect the whole thing is a failsafe to prevent Luma from getting stuck in stage geometry.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Are there any advanced tech that I should learn w/ this char? I know about the dash attack canceled grab, and the SH FF luma tricks, but is there more?

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
I find it funny that I go around and see people calling solo Rosalina a bottom tier character. She isn't at all and they kinda underestimate her by herself without luma. Especially with that patch.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I find it funny that I go around and see people calling solo Rosalina a bottom tier character. She isn't at all and they kinda underestimate her by herself without luma. Especially with that patch.
Kind of a knee jerk reaction people have when characters lose the
tools they had in the past.

Fox's Usmash and Uair don't KO as reliably? Uggh
Falco's lasers and Dair got much greater lag? Oooooh
G&W's smashes become less reliable? You see where I'm going.

Solo Rosa definitely isn't Popo level bad by herself, but she does lose
two of her specials which forces her to approach predictably.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
which forces her to approach predictably.
Doesn't even do that. Rosalina completely denies projectiles. So she can still force projectile users to approach her. And against non-projectile users, she can just wait for them too (or play some mix-ups).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Following what sonicbrawler182 said, Rosalina isn't exactly someone who is reckless. She can simply just wait for her enemy to come to her, instead of falling into a trap.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina can be played in whatever way the player likes most of the time. She has more utility than anyone else in the game because of Luma. And even without him, she's still versatile.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Kind of a knee jerk reaction people have when characters lose the
tools they had in the past.

Fox's Usmash and Uair don't KO as reliably? Uggh
Falco's lasers and Dair got much greater lag? Oooooh
G&W's smashes become less reliable? You see where I'm going.

Solo Rosa definitely isn't Popo level bad by herself, but she does lose
two of her specials which forces her to approach predictably.
Oh I'm not saying that by any means. I know she loses two specials, but a minority of people seem to underestimate Solo Rosa a lot of the time.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So it turns out that Rosalina & Luma are getting nerfed in the next update and it's been proven already with gameplay footage.
Luma takes 13 seconds to respawn now (they added 5 seconds to the previous 8 seconds). Luma dies at 1:56 and respawns at 1:43.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I looked at the timer more closely, and the duration seemed more like 12.55 seconds. Originally, you only had to wait about 8.75 seconds for a new Luma to appear.

BelChydru

Smash Rookie
Are there any advanced tech that I should learn w/ this char? I know about the dash attack canceled grab, and the SH FF luma tricks, but is there more?
A little commercial here (don't know If I'm allowed, if not, you can slap my face). You can always visit my Rosalina & Luma guide which will be updated really soon, there you can find advanced techniques, an also some useful information. Feel free to read it anytime:D!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So it turns out that Rosalina & Luma are getting nerfed in the next update and it's been proven already with gameplay footage.
Luma takes 13 seconds to respawn now (they added 5 seconds to the previous 8 seconds). Luma dies at 1:56 and respawns at 1:43.
Why would they do that? 8 seconds is long enough already. And again I replays of the older versions can't be played gives me another nightmare.
Rosalina and Olimar are both my mains, I think I'll choose Rosalina since I'm better with her.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Why would they do that? 8 seconds is long enough already. And again I replays of the older versions can't be played gives me another nightmare.

Rosalina and Olimar are both my mains, I think I'll choose Rosalina since I'm better with her.
To be fair, that respawn was a little ridiculous. 13 seconds isn't that bad, plus we get the gamecube controller and just have to play a little differently. Even if Luma is gone longer, at least Solo Rosalina is still good.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To be fair, that respawn was a little ridiculous. 13 seconds isn't that bad, plus we get the gamecube controller and just have to play a little differently. Even if Luma is gone longer, at least Solo Rosalina is still good.
Perhaps so, without C-stick my responding is very lag, I don't have a Wii U but I might go back "trying" the GC controller just in case I get used to the 3DS control.
I hope this is the only nerf for Rosalina, i hope they don't diminish some her attack damage or range.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

Eh, even as the Rosalina I've sometimes been surprised when Luma respawns. As in, "really, that fast?" I'm fine with a respawn timer nerf.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Eh, even as the Rosalina I've sometimes been surprised when Luma respawns. As in, "really, that fast?" I'm fine with a respawn timer nerf.
Depends on how intense the battle is, sometimes you have the feeling that Luma comes a bit fast in 4 player battles. In 1v1 however, Luma feels just comes so slow.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The DLC is upon us! Who's ready to cruise Rosalina around other worlds on dat Master Cycle? :3
Wait until I finish recording all of my replays....
And it seems that the new update for the 3DS is updating to combine with the Wii U versions' final mechanics.

otter

Smash Ace
I disagree. shes zelda with no b moves.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The DLC is upon us! Who's ready to cruise Rosalina around other worlds on dat Master Cycle? :3
I'm more thinking about the Blue Falcon right now. Its unique stat boosts/drops could be useful for Rosalina and the other Cruiser characters if it means getting good speed and acceleration at the same time.

Edit: I stand corrected. Apparently, Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario have slightly more acceleration, and slightly less weight than their normal forms. Cruiser characters, including Rosalina, can't go over 3.75/6 acceleration with the Blue Falcon, being stuck at the C-tier level with that kart.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I disagree. shes zelda with no b moves.
Not really, Zelda doesn't cover the kind of space (no pun intended) Rosalina does with her attacks.

She also moves faster too.

---------------------

In other news, Rosalina looks so good on the F-Zero track. She fits in perfectly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's true, but they do have a very similar playstyle of defensive footsies and traps.
I feel like I can be waaaay more aggressive with SoRo than with Zelda. I actually play her in a pretty direct way a lot of the time and it works out fine. There are a select few characters I will play defensive against, but they are an extreme minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom