• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Majora's Mask 3D
Rosalina in Smash

Everything is perfect.

I wonder what would happen if Rosalina was in Links place.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Majora's Mask 3D
Rosalina in Smash

Everything is perfect.

I wonder what would happen if Rosalina was in Links place.
Many people waited the Majora's Masks for 3 years, glad that they announced it.
At whole the direct didn't have much surprise, and how amiibos work on others feels a bit bold too.
I only watch a half of it, i stopped watching the direct after the DHD trailer since I needed to go to school.
And what do you mean "Rosalina in Link's place?" are you hoping Rosalina being a DLC character in Hyrule Warriors? I think it'll be cool.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , wow,wow, now one of your main is Duck Hunt now?
After watching Duck Hunt's trailer, I think it's quite a funny character, I'm not going to main it though but I don't hate that character anymore.
And think this video makes a total sense why it is in Smash Bros, but why do I have a feeling that it has a bit similarance to Rosalina's friendship with Luma?

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Ten facts about Rosalina:

Edit: see post below to know which items are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ten facts about Rosalina:

There are a few of these that are mistakes.

-Number Three and Number Two are fanons, not facts.

-Number One is mostly fine. Only part that's off is the one about Miyamoto trying to publish the book. This never was attempted, as far as we know. However, a one of a kind physical version of Rosalina's Storybook does exist somewhere within Nintendo of Japan, according to Yoshiaki Koizumi.

-Number Five is pure fan speculation as far as I'm aware, and it's a rather obscure example at that. I haven't found any interviews or anything from the creators of that cartoon stating that they were making an intentional reference to Rosalina. Furthermore, the resemblance is far from what I'd call a close one. They have a similar colour palette, and that's it. The facial features are far from similar (note the lack of anything resembling Rosalina's signature bang) too, and overall, I would not even have ever made a connection to Rosalina if nobody else mentioned it. She doesn't look that similar, and the creators of the cartoon have not said anything as far as I'm aware.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , wow,wow, now one of your main is Duck Hunt now?
After watching Duck Hunt's trailer, I think it's quite a funny character, I'm not going to main it though but I don't hate that character anymore.
And think this video makes a total sense why it is in Smash Bros, but why do I have a feeling that it has a bit similarance to Rosalina's friendship with Luma?
Duck Hunt is more for the humor on my end. Anyway, it's amusing how we have two duo fighters, but they both operate differently. Rosalina and her Luma can split up, but the Duck Hunt duo always sticks together.

Edit: Speaking of Rosalina and Duck Hunt, a Miiverse drawing that I came across over a month ago.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There are a few of these that are mistakes.

-Number Three and Number Two are fanons, not facts.

-Number One is mostly fine. Only part that's off is the one about Miyamoto trying to publish the book. This never was attempted, as far as we know. However, a one of a kind physical version of Rosalina's Storybook does exist somewhere within Nintendo of Japan, according to Yoshiaki Koizumi.

-Number Five is pure fan speculation as far as I'm aware, and it's a rather obscure example at that. I haven't found any interviews or anything from the creators of that cartoon stating that they were making an intentional reference to Rosalina. Furthermore, the resemblance is far from what I'd call a close one. They have a similar colour palette, and that's it. The facial features are far from similar (note the lack of anything resembling Rosalina's signature bang) too, and overall, I would not even have ever made a connection to Rosalina if nobody else mentioned it. She doesn't look that similar, and the creators of the cartoon have not said anything as far as I'm aware.
I've saw this video a long time ago.
Yeah, I think the Fifth fact is a bit ridiculous,too. So is fact three, I think it's better for Rosalina being a virgin, since she is a mother already.
About fact seven-
In SSB4, the English translation for Rosalina's Japanese name is "Rosetta" which is a type of orbit according to Mariowiki, but Rozetta is OK too.
Do you think that French named Rosalina "Harmonie" because she is like a goddess to the French?
Chinese (Ha I'm a Chinese here!) translation can be vary depending on which country you are ,in Taiwan (My country), she was officially translated as "Luo Jie Ta" (羅潔塔 <<this is tranditional Chinese) on the official Taiwan/Hong Kong Nintendo MK7 website's character profile page, as we don't mistaken with "Rosetta stone" or "Rosetta Space project" Chinese translation (羅賽塔)or(羅瑟塔). However, in some Taiwanese game media and forums, they like to nickname her as "Star Princess" (星星公主) "Star Mom" (星媽).

Mario had the most vary translations comparing with other Nintendo characters (瑪利歐[official according to Taiwan/ Hong Kong Nintendo], 馬里奧[China], 瑪莉歐[Often appears on web since it is the first Chinese to appear when you type it on the keyboard and not changing it], 馬力歐)

About fact four-
We all know Kerri Kane is the voice actor of Rosalina in SSB4,making the only game of her being voice cast as Rosalina on a Wii U/ Home console game.However,it is quite unknown why Laura said she is going to cast in SSB4 according to the E-mail respond which posted by @ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle in this thread, after the 3DS release, she said it was a mistake. So the question is, was she going to be have a cast and probably recorded her voice clips already but go unused? Or she was just lying? Can anyone go deeper of this and explain it to us?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Palutena's guidance with Rosalina featured. Good they kept the whole mother thing in there. :3

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Do you think that French named Rosalina "Harmonie" because she is like a goddess to the French?
It could be a reference to Harmonie the Greek goddess...

However, consider this: "harmonie" is the property of a set characterized by the absence of conflict between its parts. Thus, we can see how "Harmonie" is a good name for Rosalina: she befriended stars that have to do their job for the benefit of the whole universe.

As Rosie says: "Do you hear the baby stars? These newborns will grow up to become galaxies someday. When stars die, they turn to stardust and scatter across the cosmos. Eventually, that stardust reforms to create a new star... And so the cycle of life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way.... So...you'll see. [...] Yes... All new life... Carries the essence of stars... Even all of you..." (source: Rosalina - Super Mario wiki)

So in this universe, life couldn't be sustained if the stars went against their role in creating it, or if they were somehow destroyed. Therefore, "harmonie", the absence of conflict, is very important as it keeps the cycle of life intact.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Someone suggested that in Rosie's Pit codec, Hades should've come in and said "Don't worry, dear mother's doing fine down here!".

...Is it wrong I found this funny when Rosalina's backstory is a big part of why she's my favorite fictional character of all time?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So my headcanon that Lumas WANT to fight for Rosalina regardless of what she says, is now canon.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8vpfxq5Xk
Hey if you guys want a good laugh or want to give someone a taste of their own medicine, look up this guy named Freezeflame22. I was watching the video and found that comment (or his whole channel) and people agreeing to it. I find it ridiculous, but feel it needs to be addressed.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8vpfxq5Xk
Hey if you guys want a good laugh or want to give someone a taste of their own medicine, look up this guy named Freezeflame22. I was watching the video and found that comment (or his whole channel) and people agreeing to it. I find it ridiculous, but feel it needs to be addressed.
Haha I know who that is hes obnoxious don't listen to him
He got **** taste in characters-
He hates Rosalina, Palutena (and Ludwig) cause they're not Magnus and Bowser Jr
I mean Bowser Jr is cool but cmon...
Was his comment about any of that?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So we got the Boxing Ring Aliases:

Rosalina & Luma's is "The Cosmic Travellers".

Satisfactory. So glad she hasn't been referred to as a princess in this game.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Yeah, that is satisfactory, and does make sense as that observatory does go places.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Super Mario Galaxy trophies confirmed.

I hope we get some Rosalina related ones. I would love the Storybook as a trophy. And it will be a CRIME if there is no Comet Observatory one.

I also hope they have MK8 ones like how 3DS had MK7 ones, and that we get a Biker Rosalina one with the Quad Bike. :V

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll be sad knowing that if Rosalina gets a Mario Kart trophy, she'll probably get stuck with the Standard ATV, as that's the vehicle that she was paired with in her Mario Kart 8 artwork.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't see how it's sad. It's part of her character that she likes big, bad racing machines.

Stuff like that is part of why I love her so much, she doesn't just fit under one defined trope, because if she did, she'd be less interesting. An otherwise graceful deity having a thing for bikes and stuff is just really charming and amusing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't see how it's sad. It's part of her character that she likes big, bad racing machines.

Stuff like that is part of why I love her so much, she doesn't just fit under one defined trope, because if she did, she'd be less interesting. An otherwise graceful deity having a thing for bikes and stuff is just really charming and amusing.
That's basically one person's opinion. It should probably be noted that the Birthday Girl was more of a girly kart, and yet Rosalina was paired with it in her Mario Kart 7 artwork.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah but MK7 didn't have bikes or anything cosmic so they just kinda gave her any old thing.

----------

SO I WAS DOING SMASH RUN WITH PIT

TRYING TO GET HIS CUSTOMS

I ENDED UP IN A STAMINA SMASH

AND ROSALINA WAS ONE OF MY OPPONENTS

AND WHEN I DEPLETED ALL OF HER HEALTH SHE MADE THIS FACE AS SHE FELL FROM THE AIR

THIS WOMAN IS

THE MOST NONCHALANT OF THEM ALL

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

AND WHEN I DEPLETED ALL OF HER HEALTH SHE MADE THIS FACE AS SHE FELL FROM THE AIR

THIS WOMAN IS

Rosalina makes that face while performing her down tilt move too.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Larry is the youngest Koopaling. The more you know.
Couldn't they have called Megaman the Blue Bomber?
Maybe they thought it wouldn't fit with skins, in which case...

Rainbow Battle Kid.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I tried fixing it but I can't get them to work in a convenient way through Dropbox.

I'll set up an imgur or something one of these days for my game screenshots.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Gosh! I haven't used Internet for over a day! I missed so much stuff!
Anyway, I am a little confused guys, why there are some people on the youtube channel exclude IGN,Gamexplain,Gamespot etc.had the game already? I thought it comes out on November 21st!
I'm not dead Yet.:seuss:

Hopefully once Smash for Wii U is released i will jin the Fun with Rosalina :D

♥♥♥ Have a nice Day/Night everybody ♥♥♥
Me too! Glad to see you back! Did saw the post that I tagged you? It is still a mystery.
Yeah but MK7 didn't have bikes or anything cosmic so they just kinda gave her any old thing.

----------

THIS WOMAN IS

Say why did you change your avatar to this picture? Not picking your bone, but I kind of missed your old avatar.

Super Mario Galaxy trophies confirmed.

I hope we get some Rosalina related ones. I would love the Storybook as a trophy. And it will be a CRIME if there is no Comet Observatory one.

I also hope they have MK8 ones like how 3DS had MK7 ones, and that we get a Biker Rosalina one with the Quad Bike. :V
We'll know all of the trophies soon, or maybe really ,really, soon.
Rosalina, Bowser jr., both didn't have a MK7 trophy in the 3DS version, so I hope but doubt they will have Rosalina Bike suit trophy.

Well we still ove her having a biker trophy right? I kind of like her MK8 artwork pose, it not just sexy but very, very elegant.

Most of it I say are obvious, or just plain weird. Mr. G&W however, is my favorite!!!!!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
https://youtube.com/watch?v=blQUU7prxS8

Just listen for yourself. @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , you will be pleased.
SCREW SONICBRAWLER (no offence :p )

Luma's Theme? ITS IN! ITS REALLY IN, I'M SO HAPPY! Probably could have been a tad better but I love it none the less.

EDIT: I take that back, its pretty much perfect.

double post sorry.

But check this out http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68247095
I made this at the beginning of the year

And here is another post I made
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69517288

Called it, I'm so happy!

This is a cause for celebration
@ mario123007 mario123007
@ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad
@ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL
@ gameprodigy12 gameprodigy12
@ ParanoidDrone ParanoidDrone