• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Man, I haven't been on lately, but let me just say, Rosalina and Luma are everything I hoped for and more.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Wait, so you can't see Peach's undergarments anymore? That's lame. No, I'm not a pervert, but I think that means that they had to skip some details for some reason. Oh well.

Rosalina is also the champion of the Nintendo UK tournament, by the way. Bow down, everyone.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm really rusty with Rosalina on for glory.

In addition to not being able to play as often, I also been more used to custom moves and stages other then final destination.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm really rusty with Rosalina on for glory.

In addition to not being able to play as often, I also been more used to custom moves and stages other then final destination.
Really off-topic question, but where was your profile pic taken from and could you show me more HD Jigglypuff pictures (that aren't in a video), Was it just taken from the 50-fact extraveganza?

She looks really good this time around

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I use Rosaluma when referring to combined tactics (e.g. "Rosaluma's N-Air", referring to using N-Air when the two are together). When referring to the character in general, I mostly just say Rosalina.

Wait, so you can't see Peach's undergarments anymore? That's lame. No, I'm not a pervert, but I think that means that they had to skip some details for some reason. Oh well.

Rosalina is also the champion of the Nintendo UK tournament, by the way. Bow down, everyone.
Being able to see Peach's undergarments is not important in anyway and the removal of that "feature" allows the game to be more accessible.

It's really great to see the character being used well in tournaments. I think there might still more to learn from the character as the Wii U version is released and more precise techniques are able to be developed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is gonna benefit a ton from the GC controller and the C-Stick.

-Controlling Luma's aerials from off stage without having to shift Rosalina away from the stage.
-Launch Star will be much easier to aim and less likely to mess up. Especially good for under stage travel.
-DACUS will be great since Rosalina & Luma have an amazing Up Smash.
-Retreating F-Air and B-Air, especially good for Rosalina thanks to Luma popping out.
-D-Air Spike should be easier.

There's more but I can't remember right now.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Is it worth getting a new 3DS for C-Stick use so I can play better with Rosalina & Luma? I know I can wait for the Wii U version, but I won't have the Gamcube adapter until a little while after.

Also, I know I posted a Halloween picture before, but I like this one even better. :)

Rosalina is perfect in this. It's just like her dress in SSB in every way. The moon and stars on her dress, the purple flaps around her shoulders (also forming a cape), the bat-style gem, and pretty much everything else. This would be a perfect costume in SSB. Also, Luma is adorable in that Boo costume. ^w^
Here's the Miiverse link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADcU5QwN8EKBQ

Last edited:

Zerard

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or do I see a lot of players get intimidated when against Rosalina? I mean it's gotten to the point streamers I watch cheer against whoever plays her because they feel she's 'unfair'

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is it just me, or do I see a lot of players get intimidated when against Rosalina? I mean it's gotten to the point streamers I watch cheer against whoever plays her because they feel she's 'unfair'
I've had a ton of matches in For Glory where people SD and leave the lobby simply because they SEE I'm using Rosalina. And others who do so when I take the first stock with ease.

But yeah, some people don't even try to fight her and give up at the sight of her.

And judging by some threads here and the events you've witnessed, I think it's safe to say there is a bit of an uprising against Rosalina popping up.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
First felt that peachthing could be really good, but when i then though about it its way to hard to hit with that angle so wont be a problem, especially since luma is probably a way to escape it.

Flapstick

Smash Cadet
Anyone think there's a possibility of Rosa bans/nerfs? I don't think she will be, but half the community breaks out their Bibles and holy water when they have to go against her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone think there's a possibility of Rosa bans/nerfs? I don't think she will be, but half the community breaks out their Bibles and holy water when they have to go against her.
Not now, it's only people overreacting right now because they aren't even trying to counter her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean, don't get me wrong. I think she could have the potential to be broken down the line. But if that is to happen, it has not happened yet.

The concerns are actually valid, it's just that many people are over zealous about it or directing their concern to the wrong places.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I mean, don't get me wrong. I think she could have the potential to be broken down the line. But if that is to happen, it has not happened yet.
If she ever does seem broken to Nintendo (hopefully not) I hope they are not to harsh on Rosalina & Luma. If anything, increasing the respawn timer for Luma is fine by me, but anything more and I'll be worried. As of now though, I'm not worried and I won't be until a few months after the release of SSB4 Wii U. There, we can see a multitude of tactics and controls with the Gamecube controller that can be used for or against Rosalina & Luma.

Flapstick

Smash Cadet
If she ever does seem broken to Nintendo (hopefully not) I hope they are not to harsh on Rosalina & Luma. If anything, increasing the respawn timer for Luma is fine by me, but anything more and I'll be worried. As of now though, I'm not worried and I won't be until a few months after the release of SSB4 Wii U. There, we can see a multitude of tactics and controls with the Gamecube controller that can be used for or against Rosalina & Luma.
Rosa's only gonna get exponentially stronger as we get GC controllers and discover more AT's. as for balancing, just up Luma's respawn timer to like 30 seconds imo and we're good here.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Most of us already know, but thank you for noticing.
Is it worth getting a new 3DS for C-Stick use so I can play better with Rosalina & Luma? I know I can wait for the Wii U version, but I won't have the Gamcube adapter until a little while after.

Also, I know I posted a Halloween picture before, but I like this one even better. :)

Rosalina is perfect in this. It's just like her dress in SSB in every way. The moon and stars on her dress, the purple flaps around her shoulders (also forming a cape), the bat-style gem, and pretty much everything else. This would be a perfect costume in SSB. Also, Luma is adorable in that Boo costume. ^w^
Here's the Miiverse link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADcU5QwN8EKBQ
With C stick, I'm a Smash Jedi.
Is it just me, or do I feel like the only person who never uses the fan-term, "RosaLuma"?
No, you are not.
And your avatar changed to the rosalina on the Wii U artwork @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy ! Neat!

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I hve a hard time not getting hit by the corneriashots, any help with that? While testing that i also noticed you can jump through the roof above the campstation if you jump and uair and doublejump correcly.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754

Oh man, I so sell my soul for an official Witch Rosalina costume.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A user from a different website forum did make a claim that Rosalina's aerials suck. That's quite odd when you consider how effective her up aerial is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A user from a different website forum did make a claim that Rosalina's aerials suck. That's quite odd when you consider how effective her up aerial is.
I wouldn't pay any mind to it. When I first picked up Rosalina, I didn't think her aerials were too great either. That was before I understood how to use them though, and before I understood their properties, such as the high priority on them.

Plus, people make a lot of dodgy claims on the internet. Earlier today, I saw someone on Tumblr insinuate that Bowser had a favourable match up against Rosalina.

If it's not people claiming she's broken, they are trying desperately to downplay her strengths.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I think Rosalina's worst aerial is possibly her down aerial, compared to her other aerials and its function. Spiking with that thing can be very tricky if Luma's with you since he'll make the opponent go diagonally in differing directions. Timing is important since hitting too early generally sends them diagonally, and hitting too late barely does anything (and the ring lingers while the hitbox is gone). Positioning is important too since you have to hit them with the center in order to spike. It is by no means a bad aerial, but compared to her other ones it just doesn't seem the best and I don't find myself using it a lot except in teams.

The landing lag isn't the worst (forward aerial probably takes the cake on the most landing lag), and it has its uses for opponents under the stage, but it's the least useful for its intended function, spiking. It's probably that way for balancing the game since it seemed very powerful in her overview trailer in the Smash Direct, spiking Link near the end of the ring's distance, which is pretty insane when you think about it.

Back air and Neutral air are tied for me as best, following Up air, Forward air, and Down air.
What do you guys think are her best aerials?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Rosalina's worst aerial is possibly her down aerial, compared to her other aerials and its function. Spiking with that thing can be very tricky if Luma's with you since he'll make the opponent go diagonally in differing directions. Timing is important since hitting too early generally sends them diagonally, and hitting too late barely does anything (and the ring lingers while the hitbox is gone). Positioning is important too since you have to hit them with the center in order to spike. It is by no means a bad aerial, but compared to her other ones it just doesn't seem the best and I don't find myself using it a lot except in teams.

The landing lag isn't the worst (forward aerial probably takes the cake on the most landing lag), and it has its uses for opponents under the stage, but it's the least useful for its intended function, spiking. It's probably that way for balancing the game since it seemed very powerful in her overview trailer in the Smash Direct, spiking Link near the end of the ring's distance, which is pretty insane when you think about it.

Back air and Neutral air are tied for me as best, following Up air, Forward air, and Down air.
Down Air will be much better on Wii U, since positioning will be easier and you won't accidentally fast fall.

Also, one handy way of using it is near the ground. If the opponent is on the ground and has decent percent built up, you can get the spike in, pop them a little into the air (leaving them in hitstun), and generally, you can get a free Forward Smash in no matter where you landed. I've achieved quite a few KOs in this manner.

And of course, Luma's Down Air is really, really good. Great to use when Luma is linked.

I think all of her aerials are really good in their own ways. I don't really have a preference. They are all very versatile...though, juggling with Up Air is very fun.

otter

Smash Ace
Rosalina is gonna benefit a ton from the GC controller and the C-Stick.

-Controlling Luma's aerials from off stage without having to shift Rosalina away from the stage.
-Launch Star will be much easier to aim and less likely to mess up. Especially good for under stage travel.
-DACUS will be great since Rosalina & Luma have an amazing Up Smash.
-Retreating F-Air and B-Air, especially good for Rosalina thanks to Luma popping out.
-D-Air Spike should be easier.

There's more but I can't remember right now.
short hop fast fall autocancels. its possible now but not realistic.

I agree dair is not great. in order to get anything from it, you have to pretend the ring doesn't exist, defeating the purpose of the move. if you attack with rosalinas feet, its pretty good, but not disjointed. its pretty much a melee roy attack.

I think bair is the best.

Last edited:

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Popping in and saying hi! Even though I'm a :4peach: player I've been fond of :rosalina: ever since seeing her in Super Mario Galaxy and have been interested in playing her in Smash 4. I'm currently having a lot of fun learning her, though I only play her against friends atm since they seem to be patient and understanding with the game so I can use her without getting assaulted by the Anti-Rosie cult. Hope you all don't mind if I just lurk around like a stalker that you just broke up with take a peek here and there~

My favorite is Neutral Air just because the hitbox flowing with it is so weird and seems to throw off a lot of opponents.
...and I have a dumb habit of saying "Look I'm a dolphin!" when I use it during matches with friends while in a Skype call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom