• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Side note: Peach still has a void under her dress in the Wii U version which is stupid because Palutena's undergarments show and Peach has always had her bloomers showing in previous games. It makes me think that if the Peach Amiibo has the underwear but not in the game, that's just really dumb.
The E10+ rating is pretty much to blame here; it's also the likely reason for the removal of the Tharja trophy. Melee and Brawl were T-rated, so they could get away with undergarment shots.

Of course, even if Smash 4 was T-rated, Rosalina wouldn't have visible undergarments anyway.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The E10+ rating is pretty much to blame here; it's also the likely reason for the removal of the Tharja trophy. Melee and Brawl were T-rated, so they could get away with undergarment shots.

Of course, even if Smash 4 was T-rated, Rosalina wouldn't have visible undergarments anyway.
That's kind of what I stated in the Peach Thread (even the trophy too. Did you read my comment?). The rating system is pretty terrible in general since it uses almost the same people who rate movies. They only say what they want changed, but give a bare bones explanation as to why and there's no chance of arguing with them since companies have no chance of winning.

Also, Rosalina would probably never have a model with undergarments at all (unless she's in a Mario & Sonic Olympic game that features swimming). Even then, a swimsuit doesn't really count as an undergarment. Plus, all she's got are legs.

Seeing this bothers me a bit, but Peach is like that so I can't complain.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well I'm pretty sure Rosalina goes commando under that gown so it's fun to think about either way. :V

It's silly with Peach having an immersion breaking void, but I think it's amazing that Rosalina has a literal universe underneath her gown.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm also assuming that she would give Luma the decision to fight or not since forcing them would be something she wouldn't do. I'm also pretty sure that even if a Luma wasn't fighting with / for her, it would definitely take a hit for her since they care so much for their mother.

Side note: Peach still has a void under her dress in the Wii U version which is stupid because Palutena's undergarments show and Peach has always had her bloomers showing in previous games. It makes me think that if the Peach Amiibo has the underwear but not in the game, that's just really dumb.
This is nothing that serious to brag about. But if I need to guess, perhaps they will make Peach's and Zelda's amiibo figure that thier legs only ends within the middle skirt.
That's kind of what I stated in the Peach Thread (even the trophy too. Did you read my comment?). The rating system is pretty terrible in general since it uses almost the same people who rate movies. They only say what they want changed, but give a bare bones explanation as to why and there's no chance of arguing with them since companies have no chance of winning.

Also, Rosalina would probably never have a model with undergarments at all (unless she's in a Mario & Sonic Olympic game that features swimming). Even then, a swimsuit doesn't really count as an undergarment. Plus, all she's got are legs.

Seeing this bothers me a bit, but Peach is like that so I can't complain.
Well I'm pretty sure Rosalina goes commando under that gown so it's fun to think about either way. :V

It's silly with Peach having an immersion breaking void, but I think it's amazing that Rosalina has a literal universe underneath her gown.
If they make her amiibo of her inerskirt like she was in the game, it will be cool.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
We've seen this before, right? It's a video on combos. Make sure you have annotations enabled to see the exact inputs.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So after learning about Peach's 0-to-death combo, it's super easy to do on large or tall characters, like Rosalina. It makes me think that if Peach has a 0-death combo, all she really needs to worry about is Luma most of the time. Get him out of the way and 0-death Rosalina. Even if Peach doesn't do the combo for long, it isn't hard to KO Rosalina since she's a light character. Peach has two ways of doing the combo:

One where a character's size matters.

And one on all characters.

This is great for me because I'm also a Peach main (with Rosalina being my first main). Also, looking at Peach's combo potential overall makes me think that Rosalina will have to be extremely patient against her, likewise with Peach. These two characters are high-tier looking characters (with Peach rising quickly) and they both have great tools for combos, so they really have to punish on each others mistakes.

I'd talk about this in the match-up thread, but I see it's going to have a change in talking about characters, similar to the Lucina thread, so I'll wait until Peach is brought up.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So after learning about Peach's 0-to-death combo, it's super easy to do on large or tall characters, like Rosalina. It makes me think that if Peach has a 0-death combo, all she really needs to worry about is Luma most of the time. Get him out of the way and 0-death Rosalina. Even if Peach doesn't do the combo for long, it isn't hard to KO Rosalina since she's a light character. Peach has two ways of doing the combo:

This is great for me because I'm also a Peach main (with Rosalina being my first main). Also, looking at Peach's combo potential overall makes me think that Rosalina will have to be extremely patient against her, likewise with Peach. These two characters are high-tier looking characters (with Peach rising quickly) and they both have great tools for combos, so they really have to punish on each others mistakes.

I'd talk about this in the match-up thread, but I see it's going to have a change in talking about characters, similar to the Lucina thread, so I'll wait until Peach is brought up.
This would be worrisome, but:

No biggie for Rosalina.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

No biggie for Rosalina.
Even so, Peach can Toss Cancel and immediately follow-up which leaves Rosalina vulnerable. I would use GP often, but it'd be risky since Peach could attack right after. Plus Luma is also vulnerable since he's doing a twirling animation. I think Guardian Luma might be the best one against Peach's turnips since you have better protection against a toss cancel follow-up, and I'm pretty sure it catches the turnip since it's not an energy-based projectile.

Also, let's say I GP and Peach fakes me out by making me think she's gonna do the 0-death combo. I'm left wide open for any attack, including a toss-cancel & follow-up, but the obvious choice would be to death combo me. Anyways, that's just a "what if" scenario. All I wanna point out is that Rosalina mains should use GP once in a while, but not so often that it's predictable. Also, don't use GP out of fear of being 0-death combo'ed when you don't have Luma. This is really a game of patience and punishing for Peach and Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Even so, Peach can Toss Cancel and immediately follow-up which leaves Rosalina vulnerable. I would use GP often, but it'd be risky since Peach could attack right after. Plus Luma is also vulnerable since he's doing a twirling animation. I think Guardian Luma might be the best one against Peach's turnips since you have better protection against a toss cancel follow-up, and I'm pretty sure it catches the turnip since it's not an energy-based projectile.

Also, let's say I GP and Peach fakes me out by making me think she's gonna do the 0-death combo. I'm left wide open for any attack, including a toss-cancel & follow-up, but the obvious choice would be to death combo me. Anyways, that's just a "what if" scenario. All I wanna point out is that Rosalina mains should use GP once in a while, but not so often that it's predictable. Also, don't use GP out of fear of being 0-death combo'ed when you don't have Luma. This is really a game of patience and punishing for Peach and Rosalina.
My point is that GP renders the 0-death combo impossible because the effects of GP lingers even after Rosalina has finished the animation. Since the turnips are the bread and butter of the combo, Peach cannot realistacally get Rosalina with this combo. Guardian Luma just makes things even safer for Rosalina, as it negates most of the risk of a trade (which isn't that great to begin with).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We've seen this before, right? It's a video on combos. Make sure you have annotations enabled to see the exact inputs.
Hmm.the screen is a bit blurry but still quite useful.

No biggie for Rosalina.
Good timing matters. Yes.
My point is that GP renders the 0-death combo impossible because the effects of GP lingers even after Rosalina has finished the animation. Since the turnips are the bread and butter of the combo, Peach cannot realistacally get Rosalina with this combo. Guardian Luma just makes things even safer for Rosalina, as it negates most of the risk of a trade (which isn't that great to begin with).
I had never met a powerful Peach online, yet. However, I hate some users keep using the same annoying move over and over again, Not just Peach tunip, her Toad is sometimes a big headache to me too. I sometimes forgot to use GO since I only had "I'm gonna take you down!" thought.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Hmm, well that's something I did not know / remember about GP (the lingering effect). Well the two things that might make Rosalina have some trouble is if she's using the Catch & Release custom (the one with damage. Not sure why'd someone use that in the first place) and maybe toss-canceling. I'm thinking Guardian Luma can nullify toss-canceling almost all together.

Also, I'm wondering if GP pulls in items fast enough to prevent the re-grab of Peach's turnip. Don't items have a short midair pause before being pulled in? Because if that happens, Peach could potentially re-grab the turnip, but instead of not being able not pull of the combo, she could toss-cancel. I think that Peach re-grabbing a GP'd turnip in midair, after a failed attempt at 0-death combo, would be able to hit Rosalina through a toss-cancel because I think GP would be finished by that point and Rosalina would be near the end of her animation. It would be very tricky and difficult to pull off though, and following-up would be difficult as well.

Another question, why would anyone use Rosalina's second custom down special, Catch & Release? I don't know how one would go about using it. Maybe to potentially punish a roll, but I don't really see the applications for it. Can someone talk about its positives, negatives, and uses?

Last edited:

smashmachine

Smash Lord
honestly I suspect this combo isn't even going to end up being practical in tournaments (at least not for more than a few hits)

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
honestly I suspect this combo isn't even going to end up being practical in tournaments (at least not for more than a few hits)
Practical? No. Powerful? Yes. We probably might not see it very often at all in competitive play, but it is something to take note of and watch out for if you're not prepared. We might as well know about this anyways, regardless of how useful it turns out to be.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Practical? No. Powerful? Yes. We probably might not see it very often at all in competitive play, but it is something to take note of and watch out for if you're not prepared. We might as well know about this anyways, regardless of how useful it turns out to be.
I qatched it. It is powerful indeed..........but will anyone be stupid to not move? The user also add an annotation on the video stating that the move requires a perfect timing, one small error could break the combo. So this move is not that useful in most of the battles, it needs luck in 1v1 matches.

@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , Ya know, back the time I was playing Brawl, when I was getting a bit hang of Smash bros, I decide to pick more mains then just Mario and Fox. So I gave up Fox, picked Link, Mr.G&W, Ice Climbers, Olimar, and Peach. I tried with Peach for a couple of times and she seems not to be a character that fits my style, so I gave up on her.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I qatched it. It is powerful indeed..........but will anyone be stupid to not move? The user also add an annotation on the video stating that the move requires a perfect timing, one small error could break the combo. So this move is not that useful in most of the battles, it needs luck in 1v1 matches.
It could be used in teams if there's only 2v1 left. Maybe your teammate grabs, then lets go and you do the combo, but there are a range of other options, I don't see anyone doing the 0-death combo in general. If we ever see it in competitive play once, people would be very surprised. It would be cool to see someone pull it off though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That combo is the sort of thing you'd see pulled off once in a blue moon in competitive play, and even then, I doubt Rosalina will be the victim, since she is especially good at preventing it from happening outright.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Here's something cute I found. I'm gonna post it here to remember it.

It'd be so nice to see Rosalina play an instrument. Which instrument do you guys think she'd play, or what would you like to see her play? I know she could be a conductor since she has a wand, but that's not playing an instrument.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It'd be so nice to see Rosalina play an instrument. Which instrument do you guys think she'd play, or what would you like to see her play? I know she could be a conductor since she has a wand, but that's not playing an instrument.

She seemingly likes the electric guitar.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Another question, why would anyone use Rosalina's second custom down special, Catch & Release? I don't know how one would go about using it. Maybe to potentially punish a roll, but I don't really see the applications for it. Can someone talk about its positives, negatives, and uses?
It probably goes without saying that it's only useful against characters without projectiles, but even then it faces stiff competition from Guardian Luma. It does have a faster animation than the other two and is therefore safer, but other than that I don't know what else it really has going for it. Part of this is because For Glory disallows customs so I really haven't had much chance to experiment with them other than against the AI which is spotty at best.

In the abstract I suppose it's your best option against a character with no projectiles if Guardian Luma doesn't appeal for whatever reason. And it may have some niche edgeguard applications due to the windbox but I'm not sure how that's ever better than her actual aerials since the hitbox right after will refresh their recovery.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
After a bit of tinkering ingame against bots I think I can say a bit more about Catch & Release.

Overall it's not what I would call a good move. Certainly it's not up to Gravitational Pull's standard. But against characters with no projectiles (:4falcon::4dk::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4shulk::4sonic:) it's a halfway decent "GTFO" sort of move. The opening windbox tends to make attacks whiff more often than not, and the hitbox, while not deadly, is enough for some breathing room. The hitbox can be countered, so it's not foolproof, but it's better than nothing.

Shooting Star Bit is amazing but I think we all knew that. I planted Luma in the middle of Mute City Omega and just fired one off every time Captain Falcon was on the same horizontal plane. Worked a treat.

Next on my list are Launch Star Attack and Guardian Luma.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
After a bit of tinkering ingame against bots I think I can say a bit more about Catch & Release.

Overall it's not what I would call a good move. Certainly it's not up to Gravitational Pull's standard. But against characters with no projectiles (:4falcon::4dk::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4lucina::4marth::4metaknight::4shulk::4sonic:) it's a halfway decent "GTFO" sort of move. The opening windbox tends to make attacks whiff more often than not, and the hitbox, while not deadly, is enough for some breathing room. The hitbox can be countered, so it's not foolproof, but it's better than nothing.

Shooting Star Bit is amazing but I think we all knew that. I planted Luma in the middle of Mute City Omega and just fired one off every time Captain Falcon was on the same horizontal plane. Worked a treat.

Next on my list are Launch Star Attack and Guardian Luma.
Use Catch & Release with Defence or Power oriented equipment you'll probably sing a different tune about it.

Basically, I feel it's good against both projectile-less and large characters. As in, really good. You can actually just spam the move to draw them in before a lot of their attacks finish.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Use Catch & Release with Defence or Power oriented equipment you'll probably sing a different tune about it.

Basically, I feel it's good against both projectile-less and large characters. As in, really good. You can actually just spam the move to draw them in before a lot of their attacks finish.
I'm using the move in the context of customs-but-no-equipment, i.e. the likely competitive standard. So no defense or power boosts here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What I said still applies though. It just requires more thought with default stats.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Seems that you finally change your avatar. I still like the SM3DW Rosalina stamp avatar.
I might never change my Mario avatar for years to come, until the next gen Smash Bros arrives.
Hey this blog is quite amazing! I like Ask Rosalina blogs, did you go and ask some questions to this blog @ ChikoLad ChikoLad ?

She seemingly likes the electric guitar.
It really makes Rosalina look rad as she plays eletic guitar, and really want this and the Smash Bros soundtrack CD.
Rosalina will look elegant if she plays violin or flute with her cosmic gown.

Why Mario wears like a dinosaur?LOL
It could be used in teams if there's only 2v1 left. Maybe your teammate grabs, then lets go and you do the combo, but there are a range of other options, I don't see anyone doing the 0-death combo in general. If we ever see it in competitive play once, people would be very surprised. It would be cool to see someone pull it off though.
The point is if you can manage to come down to 2v1, if is1v2 your done for.
For Peach main who wants to master this combo, try it yourself guys..wait....no......don't

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only changed to this avatar for Halloween.

Not sure if I will go back to the old one or pick a new one.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I only changed to this avatar for Halloween.

Not sure if I will go back to the old one or pick a new one.
I recommend you change it back, since it can make me and others recognize you more easily.
I often remember avatar than just user names more better. Of course.
But I hope you can share more Rosalina pics in this thread.
Oh yeah, one more thing, although this is not about Rosalina but a bit interesting, Japanese 3DS release niconiconico Cat Mario and Cat Peach theme recently, on the upper screen you may find an 8-bit Luigi in one of the cloud, weird~~~~.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is fine in Smash Run.

Honestly there isn't much "this character is better than everyone else" in Smash Run. The whole point of the mode is to play around with customisation, to fine tune the characters. Picking good equipment and powers means more, IMO.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad

You really should keep your old one, its pretty good.

Also, what do you guys think of Rosalina in Smash Run?
What can I say? She is the best character to use in Smash Run, and with a powerful attack stat boost, she can take down a lot of opponents in just one hit!
Smash Run is all about sheer luck with the stat boosts. Rosalina does have her pros, but also some cons, depending on which enemies she encounters, along with the final event.
Sometimes it just feels odd that your highest stat boost are useless in some final events.
☆~happy halloween~!☆

The title is a link to the Miiverse post.
Although her eyes are a bit big, she still looks like the way she was like. Her costume looks dark but awesome,and quite sexy.
And is it me? Why did the artist buff up her breast a bit? Or is it because her body is leaning upward?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom