• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Didnt even know you can use custom in classic, beat 9.0 anyway without items as Rosaluma:p the only "hard" part was the final bosses (and i killed mastercore fast, no extraphase though) since its longer when you still have 2 stocks.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Just wanted to put this here because I thought it was nice and cute.

Also, Polari would have made more sense as a coach rather than a regular Luma.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Some of the voice clips did come from Mario Kart 7. That's all that I can say.

I was actually able to beat Master Core on my first go with Rosalina on intensity levels 5.2, 6.0, 7.5, and 8.0. Once you get to 9.0, however, it's a whole new ballgame; my first attempt against intensity level 9.0 Master Core resulted in me beating Master Core on intensity level 8.5, due to a continue that I took (afterwards, for any other failed attempts, I simply restarted while keeping a portion of my rewards).

On intensity level 9.0, you "really" need good reflexes to avoid too much injury. Against Master Edges, I've noticed that one of its attacks can be avoided completely if you can just get under it before it strikes. As for Master Edges's projectiles, they can be countered with Gravitational Pull, though the larger projectiles are a tad harder to counter.

Sorry, but I only made it to intensity level 9.0 Master Core with Rosalina. She was the only fighter that I could truly rely on to get the job done. Of course, the custom equipment did help a bit, as I did use a Crouch Healer to try to recover any damage that I took.
Very appreciated for you giving so much tips!
Alright, as you know I like to try with Mario since he is the character that I know much about. So I won't do 9.0 intensity with Rosalina before with Mario.
Obviously Mario could be a bit difficult to complete since he is a balance character, I hope I can get through easily with Rosalina by customization.
On one note, when fighting with Master and Crazy Hand you really need to reduce your damage as much as possible befor fighting with the Master Cord. Sometimes I can not avoid a single hit against Master Edge. By going under it too early equals suicide. So I might reduce a few tries before I get the hang of it.
I play Smash most of the time on weekends, I might do it again next week. And futhermore to some of you guys who has a bad temper like me : Whenever you feel irritated playing Classic mode and failing so much times, stop playing, it will hurt yourself and make you hate Smash Bros. Just chill down for a while and try it again whenever you feel good. This is from my personal experiance. I sometime had a thought that I'm the worst Smash player ever when failing Classic mode 9.0 intensity so much times. So always remember to reduce your attempts if you feel irritated.

Little Mac might think that why Rosalina is so big. He might not want to hit her.

Moderator Edit: Fixed the quote tag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least My Music enables you to not listen to that BGM. I've seen some very odd music placements for Brawl's stages as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't have a problem with the song being there, it's just odd. Especially since it probably would have went with the Star Fox stage much better.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

I can't believe I just realized her gloves are galaxies after seeing this picture so many times.:laugh:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
So has everyone downloaded the patch okay? And are there any changes to Rosie? I've heard people say it was a balance patch and that Rosie was changed somehow, but idk people say a lot of stuff.....

I am going to download the patch now.
:rosalina:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The patch isn't downloading properly for me for some reason. My internet connection is fine, but the download is barely moving for some reason.

Either there is something wrong with the servers I have to connect to, or the New 3DS needs to come out sooner.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Yea, got the patch, the infinite on shiek is still in. Im not sure its changes can be me not noticing it earlier too.
Gravitational pull seems to not have a hitbox out now (i think it should have hit a villager with Lloyd rocket a few times which didnt, but those hitboxes are hard to predict anyway so might be a miss), and Rosalinas dsmash seems to not have a hitbox in the middle strangely.

So has everyone downloaded the patch okay? And are there any changes to Rosie? I've heard people say it was a balance patch and that Rosie was changed somehow, but idk people say a lot of stuff.....

I am going to download the patch now.
:rosalina:
Nothing happened as far as people have said

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If anyone of you guys knew how to do this pre-patch, could ye try it out after the patch? I tried testing it with my brother before the patch but I couldn't get it to work then:

It's a pretty serious bug that I hope gets fixed. Kinda makes Rosalina completely broken against Duck Hunt Duo.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So do we know if the patch affected Rosalina at all? Also, what's this Sheik infinite I keep hearing about? Is it when you grab and do the 1-2 jab with Luma on Sheik and she's stuck like that until you jab her off-screen? I've seen it before.

Side note, Toss Canceling is still in and I'm wondering if that'll carry over to the Wii U. Also, although I won't be here much from now until mid-November, I still have some free time to comment here once in a while.

As for the video on Duck Hunt above, do you think that'll carry over into the Wii U version if it's not caught?

EDIT: Look at Rosalina's dress in this video. It's so fluid and gorgeous... O_O Beautiful.
I really think Rosalina has a different walk animation since her dress stretches out so far when she walks.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If anyone of you guys knew how to do this pre-patch, could ye try it out after the patch? I tried testing it with my brother before the patch but I couldn't get it to work then:

It's a pretty serious bug that I hope gets fixed. Kinda makes Rosalina completely broken against Duck Hunt Duo.
I only see the conquest mode, it won't display the results this time until the conquest mode is over.
I hope there wouldn't be any nerfs for Rosalina, she is balanced in the game already.
So do we know if the patch affected Rosalina at all? Also, what's this Sheik infinite I keep hearing about? Is it when you grab and do the 1-2 jab with Luma on Sheik and she's stuck like that until you jab her off-screen? I've seen it before.

Side note, Toss Canceling is still in and I'm wondering if that'll carry over to the Wii U. Also, although I won't be here much from now until mid-November, I still have some free time to comment here once in a while.

As for the video on Duck Hunt above, do you think that'll carry over into the Wii U version if it's not caught?

EDIT: Look at Rosalina's dress in this video. It's so fluid and gorgeous... O_O Beautiful.
I really think Rosalina has a different walk animation since her dress stretches out so far when she walks.
Yeah, and by the way, is her walk animation like that back in E3?
The video actually ends with Rosalina being koed by Bowser Jr. at only 32%, I just hate that character.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh, that. Yeah, I actually found that out last night. It did looked pretty weird alright but I wouldn't mind so much about it though.
If Robin charge his spell at full and fires it, it will do a big damage. I'll go try Rosalina's GP if opponent gets hit by the swaming projectile or not.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Absorbing Robin's Thoron with GP is a bit tricky to do considering how fast the beam goes after firing it unless if you're standing at a distance from him.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Absorbing Robin's Thoron with GP is a bit tricky to do considering how fast the beam goes after firing it unless if you're standing at a distance from him.
Of course,so try to attack Robin when he is charging the spell.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
You should be able to predict it, distance doesn't matter too much. Obviously don't overuse Gravitational Pull in response to Robin holding a fully charged Thoron, that's exactly what they want you to do because it's easy to punish.

Anyway, the latest Club Nintendo reward is a three poster set that includes Rosalina's official artwork. It's a little cropped, but I'd definitely get it if available. Please let it come to Australia, I want that Palutena one as well.

Here's a comparison between the poster supplied and the artwork on the official SSB website. It's just a little trimmed off the top and bottom.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Now this is nice. Rosalina in doubles.
There are other matches by Clash Tournaments that have Rosalina in them, so you guys can check them out.

Crazycolorz5

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crazycolorz5
The colors are a lot less vivid on the poster as well :(. Are they just trying to use cheaper ink or something? But then again, it might be just be different processing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The colors are a lot less vivid on the poster as well :(. Are they just trying to use cheaper ink or something? But then again, it might be just be different processing.
It would be the processing. Digitally published images use RGB colour, and physically printed images use CMYK colour.

MG_Music

Smash Cadet
NNID
xMGMusicx
You should be able to predict it, distance doesn't matter too much. Obviously don't overuse Gravitational Pull in response to Robin holding a fully charged Thoron, that's exactly what they want you to do because it's easy to punish.

Anyway, the latest Club Nintendo reward is a three poster set that includes Rosalina's official artwork. It's a little cropped, but I'd definitely get it if available. Please let it come to Australia, I want that Palutena one as well.

Here's a comparison between the poster supplied and the artwork on the official SSB website. It's just a little trimmed off the top and bottom.

I NEED THIS!
But im short 300 coins :(

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
They were doing a small overview of Rosalina & Luma on Neko Mario Time. I know people here might not understand Japanese, but it's cute nonetheless.
The overview ends at 2:14, and there's some cool art work of Rosalina in MK8 at 9:12.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They were doing a small overview of Rosalina & Luma on Neko Mario Time. I know people here might not understand Japanese, but it's cute nonetheless.
The overview ends at 2:14, and there's some cool art work of Rosalina in MK8 at 9:12.
Ya, I know this show!(Of course since I'm an Asian). Just look how funny Cat Mario and Peach is as host in a cute Japanese voice. After the Smash Bros 3DS is released, they always introduced a fighter in every show. They had introduce Mario, Link, Villager in the past episodes.
Yes, Rosalina's GP is called item capture in Japanese. Which is a name that totally underestimated this move. They even show that you can make the projectile fly around and hit every opponent.
Wow they use Little Mac theme while intoduce her reminds me of the picture you post earlier
Now this is nice. Rosalina in doubles.
There are other matches by Clash Tournaments that have Rosalina in them, so you guys can check them out.
Hey it is Dabuz! The Rosalina Smash Bros champ! I got to see how he controls Rosalina that goid. I didn't watch all of the videos, so did he win this round?

It looks great, but compare to the official website version. I want the poster with the Smash Bros title on it. Even though the poster's color looks more less vivid, it feels epic and gives me a Rosalina's story book feel.
It would be the processing. Digitally published images use RGB colour, and physically printed images use CMYK colour.
CMYK color cannot fully represent the true blue color right? Yeah, I heard that before. There are some color restrictions in modern printing since the printer use specific types of color inks. These inks cannot combine some colors that natually like violet for example. What you see is the bringhtness that a printer can bring at an extent.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Found this comic on Tumblr via Reddit. It's peach oriented but Rosalina puts in a cameo at the end.

The Tumblr itself.
The funny part is that the Luma looked quite intimidated by what Peach did to Captain Toad. Peach showed no remorse towards using Captain Toad as a shield, and I guess that made the Luma concerned about how Rosalina would treat it.

Unlike Peach, however, I'm quite sure that Rosalina would honor her Luma's sacrifice if it does get taken out by her adversary.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The funny part is that the Luma looked quite intimidated by what Peach did to Captain Toad. Peach showed no remorse towards using Captain Toad as a shield, and I guess that made the Luma concerned about how Rosalina would treat it.

Unlike Peach, however, I'm quite sure that Rosalina would honor her Luma's sacrifice if it does get taken out by her adversary.
I'm also assuming that she would give Luma the decision to fight or not since forcing them would be something she wouldn't do. I'm also pretty sure that even if a Luma wasn't fighting with / for her, it would definitely take a hit for her since they care so much for their mother.

Side note: Peach still has a void under her dress in the Wii U version which is stupid because Palutena's undergarments show and Peach has always had her bloomers showing in previous games. It makes me think that if the Peach Amiibo has the underwear but not in the game, that's just really dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom