• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So an extended version of the Wii U box art has come out, and it features Rosalina and Luma:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So an extended version of the Wii U box art has come out, and it features Rosalina and Luma:

Nintendo coincidentally puts Rosalina near DK, and this feeds the Expand Dong meme even more. Samus is still in charge of this box art, and I wished they used this full version over the smaller current one. Probably will not happen because the box is only so big that you have a limited amount of space to work in.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, regarding Rosalina dittos, I wonder if Gravitational Pull would work on the Star Bits of an enemy Luma (in regards to all three customs of that move)?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Actually, regarding Rosalina dittos, I wonder if Gravitational Pull would work on the Star Bits of an enemy Luma (in regards to all three customs of that move)?
Any projectile can, but it is just tricky to do it.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Can confirm you can't GP final smashes, everything else is fair game though (except for Duck Hunt Dog's down B). Also when you DP an item, you become the "owner" for all intents and purposes (so like rob's gyro will hurt the rob, diddy will trip on his banana, ect.) but the item will be in front of you.
Diddy hard counter confirmed.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
What a clusterf*ck of spin boosts. 2 Rosalina's, 3 Morton's, 1 Bowser, 1 DK, 1 Yoshi, and 4 Waluigi's ahead.

I wish I were in this race with Rosalina. Seems chaotically fun.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
How does Gravitational Pull interact with (Toon) Link's projectiles? If it works on just about anything like Villager's Pocket, then I would assume it sucks in the arrows and boomerang, but do bombs vanish or do they land on the ground?

Actually, if it follows similar rules as Pocket, what about Thunder? Villager's fsmash and tree? Robin's Thoron?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Link's Bombs will actually explode in her face, as if you use it on any explosives, it pulls them to Rosalina and makes them explode. It's done to add some risk to attracting huge piles of items, so you have to make sure you aren't catching any explosives.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Link's Bombs will actually explode in her face, as if you use it on any explosives, it pulls them to Rosalina and makes them explode. It's done to add some risk to attracting huge piles of items, so you have to make sure you aren't catching any explosives.
But some items deactivate when thrown at her. We saw in the trailer that Marth threw a Pokeball at her and then she used GP which slowed it down, dropping right next to her without the pokemon coming out. The sensor bomb, like almost any other bomb, can be GP'd when thrown, or (I might be wrong) GP'd before it activates on whatever surface it's on. The gooey bomb is probably going to act in a similar fashion to the sensor bomb.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So looking at the discuss page on Rosalina & Luma, they've unfortunately decided that they'll wait till the US release to change the article title from Rosalina to Rosalina & Luma. I can't believe how ridiculous it is that they're waiting when all the evidence and facts are right in front of their noses. We've seen from the OFFICIAL FINAL BUILD of the of the game on Nintendo's Twitch stream that the final name is Rosalina & Luma.

I'm going over there right now to tell them. I can't take this anymore.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What's quite ironic about Rosalina's name situation is that Olimar is simply called "Olimar", instead of "Pikmin & Olimar".

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
Anyone know who voices Rosalina? I really liked her voice in 3D World, but from what I've heard of her she sounds more like MK7.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Anyone know who voices Rosalina? I really liked her voice in 3D World, but from what I've heard of her she sounds more like MK7.
Kerri Kane is Rosalina's voice actor for Smash 3DS. It remains to be seen if Laura Faye Smith will be Rosalina's voice actor for Smash Wii U though.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
All right, I did it. I managed to add my info about Rosalina's name situation. Now we wait. I feel a slightly disappointed in myself by the fact that it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I need to face problems head on more often if I wanna get something done. If a situation like this were to arise again, they seriously need to rethink their approach when dealing with it.

EDIT: FINALLY!!!! IT WORKED!!! Okay, now they are gonna edit it.
EDIT 2: Okay, looks like someone still opposes the change. They think there could be a last second change. I doubt it because they already recorded the announcer voice for Rosalina & Luma. I knew people would still oppose it. I know they're gonna end up making more work for themselves by waiting till October 3rd. It's so ridiculous. The Nintendo reps said it themselves that they are playing the FINAL RETAIL VERSION, and I don't see why they would change it at this time.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Always great to see Rosalina matches. I think the player used the forward smash a bit too much, but other then that a nice enough match.

EDIT: Here's a higher res version of that artwork I posted earlier:

Rosalina certainly looks nice in this picture. She looks graceful, like she is conducting the Luma. <3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've probably taken one of my best close-up shots for Rosalina, in Mario Kart 8 today.

And I always like it whenever she smiles. It at least shows that she still likes to have fun.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I've probably taken one of my best close-up shots for Rosalina, in Mario Kart 8 today.

And I always like it whenever she smiles. It at least shows that she still likes to have fun.

Oh no you found out she likes to have fun. You'll be sentenced to the middle of a black hole for that.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
All right, I did it. I managed to add my info about Rosalina's name situation. Now we wait. I feel a slightly disappointed in myself by the fact that it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I need to face problems head on more often if I wanna get something done. If a situation like this were to arise again, they seriously need to rethink their approach when dealing with it.

EDIT: FINALLY!!!! IT WORKED!!! Okay, now they are gonna edit it.
Yeah, it is. But I won't mind actually, since Rosalina is the main foghter, but Luma can still count as a character.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I had a thought recently but I'm not entirely sure where to mention it so the general discussion thread seemed like the safest bet.

Do we know how Luma's moves interact with the stale moves queue? If Rosalina and Luma are separated and Luma gets, say, a utilt juggle going, is Rosalina's utilt also staled? Conversely, if Rosalina spams some move, is Luma's corresponding move affected? If a move is known to be stale, can we work around it by having the other character land the blow instead? Is Luma even affected by stale moves in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom