• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That would make her almost impossible to successfully edgegaurd. Not that a edgeguard-immune character has never been done before (looking at you, Meta Knight).
There's also Ike and his Aether invincibility frames, but that move's horizontal distance is quite pitiful, which does balance the move out to an extent.

Anyway, depending on how floaty Rosalina is, even if you can't stop her third jump from being executed, as soon as Rosalina is helpless, she'll lose her flinch resistance, which will be a big opportunity for the highly mobile fighters to strike back at her before she touches ground.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i wonder if the launch star can damage people, or if people can also get launched by it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It would be cool if the Launch Star cancelable into her U-Air/F-Air. It just looks like it flows so well in my eyes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IIRC, there were screenshots that showed the launch star being left behind her when she uses it. So maybe it will be useable by others, like Sonic's Spring and Mega Man's Rush Coil.

EDIT: I just realised something pretty significant - we know Rosalina's down B is the Gravitational Pull, her side B is the Luma Shot, and her up B is the Launch Star. So unless Luma Summon is actually a taunt, it will most likely be her neutral B...

...meaning that if Kirby inhaled Rosalina and copied her abilities, he could summon his own Lumas..that would be amazing. Maybe that's why Kirby becomes friends with Luma in the Rosalina trailer.

This makes me think the Luma must be exceptionally easy to eliminate. Because they never make Kirby's copy abilities different from the original.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
in the case of olimar kirby, when kirby presses B, he doesnt pluck a pikmin and it stays behind to be used as an attack, it imediatly goes into forward B, chucking the pikmin. so i think that when rosalina kirby press B, it will summon a luma and then instantly go into luma shot, and disappear like how pikmin die after being chucked.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
It wouldn't surprise me if her Up B has some form of hitbox. As for launching other characters, it seems unlikely.
That seems likely. Either way, I can't wait to unlock her or play her from the get-go.

Also, Santa Rosalina? So much like.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i can see people being launched by the launch star, similar how you can jump on sonics spring and probably mega mans rush coil, and how you can breifly jump on g&w trampoline.

SmashSage

Smash Rookie
No it's in the gameplay too unless they just were lazy and made the inside of the dress black
But that's a smash thing because in sm3dw the inside of her dress is white like peach
And I think it's the same in the Mario kart games too I think
I'm gonna have to see mario kart wii to make sure
I thought that was a trailer thing only, but in the latest screenshoots is still visible that black textureless void under her dress. It bothers me, personally. It doesn't look so good in a HD game, specially after seeing her design in SM3DW.

Do you think this is the definitive version of Rosalina's texture? I hope Sakurai improve it.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Now, I was thinking...

What will happen when two or more Rosalinas are fighting against each other? I mean, how will I know which one of all the Lumas is mine? I won't be able to keep up with the color of the current Luma I'm controlling if they get killed so easily all the time. Imagine having four Lumas scrambled all over the stage. Now that will be confusing.

On a less serious note, it will be weird seeing a Luma punching Rosalina, given she's the mother of every single one of them...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Now, I was thinking...

What will happen when two or more Rosalinas are fighting against each other? I mean, how will I know which one of all the Lumas is mine? I won't be able to keep up with the color of the current Luma I'm controlling if they get killed so easily all the time. Imagine having four Lumas scrambled all over the stage. Now that will be confusing.

On a less serious note, it will be weird seeing a Luma punching Rosalina, given she's the mother of every single one of them...
Have you ever seen more than one Olimar at the same time on screen? There are way too many Pikmins flying around all the time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought this was a kinda cute and funny video at first, but then I found out the person who made it was being completely serious.

Has a swear word or two in it, mind you.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm waiting to see some sort of Star Spin move, but since Sakurai referred to the Gravitational Pull as the Star Spin (for some reason) I'm not getting my hopes up.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Is it terrible I have been on here for eight years and just realized the other day that Louie G. is a play on Luigi ?

Kind of hoping to see the chubtastic Luma that overeats Starbits somewhere in her moveset or Final Smash

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Is it terrible I have been on here for eight years and just realized the other day that Louie G. is a play on Luigi ?
I'm sure that there are some people who haven't figured it out yet. Trust me, you won't be the last.
You just blew my mind.
Toldja.
Kind of hoping to see the chubtastic Luma that overeats Starbits somewhere in her moveset or Final Smash
I would like Hungry Luma as an assist trophy, although a Final Smash could work.
What would he do though, eat a bunch of star bits and explode?
Unless you were talking about Lubba.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
"It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown."

That's ****in' gross, man. Are you telling me that every time I look up into the stars at night, I'm looking at Rosy's junk?

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It's divine junk mind you, but yeah.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh almighty divine junk of the cosmos, what dost thou ask of me, your servant? :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So far, it doesn't seem like they have actually done the inside of her gown, from the trailer. It would be amazing if it was an animated, cosmic material.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In Super Mario 3D World, her gown has an extra layer on the inside, that is seemingly made from a white silk material, with clearly defined decorative detail at the bottom.

Seems the underside of Rosalina's gown gets a lot of though from game to game. Maybe she's becoming Nintendo's Lightning. :V

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I posted the following image a few hours back on a different thread. It involves a member of the Snowmad tribe spotting Rosalina through its telescope.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That picture could be made even funnier when the game comes out and we can manipulate the camera for screenshots, and finally see the cosmos beneath her gown. :V

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I'm just really glad another female character made it in! :) Can't wait to play as her! Her story from SMG was so sad...
I'm hoping though that this doesn't hurt Paper Mario's or Geno's chances to get in now that we have 5 Mario ch. and most likely Yoshi, Wario, DK, etc. to come.
Or bowser jr. D:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Damn it Nintendo, you're spoiling me with Rosalina these last few months. Not that I mind, she deserves the attention. :3
Also, she's such a babe in that picture. Dem legs. :p

Though to raise a legit question in this thread, I noticed something about the Rosalina trailer - we didn't hear her voice at all. Yet in the Little Mac and Sonic trailers, we heard their voices (confirming that Sonic's Smash voice was updated to be Roger Craig Smith). It could just be a pure coincidence, but do you think there is a specific reason for this? Like, having her original voice actress come back (doubtful, but maaaaybe - I do love her newest one though)? I have a feeling that she's just going to have her newest voice actress from 3D World (who also is returning for Mario Kart 8), but unlike those games, she'll have a more serious/monotone portrayal most of the time. Which seems to be the case, as we haven't seen her smile once in-game and the only times we have in promotional material, it involved Luma in some way (in her character portrait, her poster, and at the end of the trailer when Kirby and Luma are dancing), which makes complete sense, as she adores the Lumas and often smiles when they are just generally being adorable around her.

I didn't mind her coming across as more happy and excitable in 3D World as it was fine in the context and tone of the game, and she wasn't as happy-go lucky as the other characters. And I'm not opposed to her being portrayed with some of that full stop (she deserves happiness after all she went through!). But I do want the overall gracefulness and spirit of the character from Galaxy to be retained. Out of all of her non-Galaxy appearances, though, Smash seems to be the one that's most in line with her original portrayal, so far.

Also I can't believe I never posted this here before, but this is very funny. Blue Toad is literally me:

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Though to raise a legit question in this thread, I noticed something about the Rosalina trailer - we didn't hear her voice at all. Yet in the Little Mac and Sonic trailers, we heard their voices (confirming that Sonic's Smash voice was updated to be Roger Craig Smith). It could just be a pure coincidence, but do you think there is a specific reason for this? Like, having her original voice actress come back (doubtful, but maaaaybe - I do love her newest one though)?

There is probably some debate going on for Rosalina's voice. I would prefer Galaxy's voice actress with all the echo effects, to me it fits her perfectly in Smash. But the new voice is alright, too.

Also we didn't hear Little Mac's voice in the gameplay portion of the trailer, it was just Doc Louis.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There is probably some debate going on for Rosalina's voice. I would prefer Galaxy's voice actress with all the echo effects, to me it fits her perfectly in Smash. But the new voice is alright, too.

Also we didn't hear Little Mac's voice in the gameplay portion of the trailer, it was just Doc Louis.
This sounds about right.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We didn't hear him in the gameplay portion, but we can assume that if he has a voice, he will have the one from the comic book parts of the trailer.

Rosalina didn't have voices in the gameplay, OR the CGI part, though, which is what I find strange. I also just remembered that Wii Fit Trainer has a voice in her trailer (and in the Developer Direct with Sakurai from E3).

I think the new voice actress could portray Rosalina in a similar way to her Galaxy portrayal, she just hasn't been able to do so with 3D World and Mario Kart, considering the tone of those games is really happy go lucky. Smash might be her chance though.

Also I just noticed that we went our first week since Rosie's reveal without having a daily pic of her.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Regardless of what voice she gets, I just kinda hope to see some more facial reactions/expressions in future pics besides her usual stoic looking one, if ya know what I mean.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Had a random thought when imagining me vs some rivals in the future. The Bigger Lucarios Aura Sphere the slower it travels..If by chance we're able to reguide a max power sphere with our special move, would it get behind us before the move animation ends you think? Or would it just slowly go around us until the animation ends and still blow us up?

^Dumb question due to the lack of any means to test it, but it's got me worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom