• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Considering she's in the game as playable? I think a lot of her supports would be glad to know it's gotten a good review? o_O

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I figured we'd get a Galaxy stage, but it's great to actually see it! The stage looks very unique. And hey, no Rosalina in sight! That's a good sign.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Will the stage rotate or will the players be able to run around the planet in some fashion? This stage could be incredibly unique if done well.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
"Pic of the day. A new stage, Mario Galaxy!! The pull of gravity emanates from the center of the planet, so this will require using brand new tactics"
"Here's what happens when you stand by the edges. Vertical jumps and getting hit upward will shoot you up diagonally."

Steelia

Smash Champion
And hey, no Rosalina in sight! That's a good sign.
First thing I looked for too :p Hopefully she's not an Assist... Seeing her playable in SM3DW and the reveal of this stage around the same time lifts my hopes disappointingly higher. Sakurai's not that cool though... right?

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
First thing I looked for too :p Hopefully she's not an Assist... Seeing her playable in SM3DW and the reveal of this stage around the same time lifts my hopes disappointingly higher. Sakurai's not that cool though... right?
I hope shes not an Assist,I have a lot more hope my self to.Im so happy right now!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All the things Rosalina can possibly be

Character
Background Element
Assist Trophy
Plain Trophy
Peach Alt Color/Costume

Of course Mario still has the Wario alt colour so it's possible to get more than one.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Heres a nother one!!
AMAZING!!! <3

Someone, just 4 days ago, was acting snooty and uppity towards me in the "rate a character" thread for nominating Rosalina because "she had no chance" compared to Ray, who is from an obscure Robot game that barely sells anything.

Still, not saying shes in though. Its just a stage lol. She could be an assist trophy but i would love it if Rosalina were in as a playable character.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Although on DarkKry4's comment it's worth reminding everyone that tomorrow is Rosalina's day in the "Rate Their Chances" thread so come along and rate how likely you think she is to be a playable character.

(Stage looks better than I was even hoping for btw; absolutely stunning)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lubba deconfirmed. Look at the background. :troll:

Also am I the only one who thinks of the Aristocats when looking at the soundtrack art? :laugh:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lubba deconfirmed. Look at the background. :troll:
lol good I was beginning to wonder that I was the only one who noticed Lubba in the background. :laugh: (Then again, I guess everyone has been too busy loving the look of the stage as a whole)

It's a very nice looking stage, I wonder how exactly the stage will work though, would the planet itself be scrolling, would it just be that section where you can fight on or would you be able to fight as well as walk a full lap around the planet? The gravity mechanic certainly is a fun idea for the stage.

Ah well, Rosalina isn't in sight yet as a background character or w/e for this stage so I suppose that is nice to know for the Rosalina supporters so far.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Notice that the Comet Observatory isn't visible on those screenshots? Of course, the ship wouldn't necessarily deconfirm Rosalina's inclusion right off the bat, since she has left it from time to time.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Well, looks like we got our Super Mario Galaxy stage. I had a feeling said stage would be a planet, but did not think they would actually implement gravity the way the did. Sakurai never ceases to surprise me. I wonder if the Sonic stage will be similar.

Oh, and I like the soundtrack cover. Rosalina looks too cool in that black cat suit.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
yeah, but why that planet? why not the one on good egg galaxy? maybe it has to do with the fact that it's the place where you encounter a certain newcomer for the first time.

actually I was talking off the top of my head, but what if that's what happens? 3D world comes out next week and the trailer involves mario running up the planet, meeting rosalina, then getting blown away by rosilina's spin attack, followed by a short trailer showing off rosalina's moveset.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think the stage is supposed to be based on the first planet that you're on at the Gateway Galaxy. That's also the place where Rosalina made her debut.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it's a miss-mash. It seems to have that little fenced garden from a part in Galaxy 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom