• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i came up with an idea for a final smash.

A Hungry Luma a pears a few feat in front of Rosalina and she starts blasting it with a huge amount of Star bits. Anyone caught in between them gets damaged from the stream of star bits. After the Luma is fed, it flies up a few feat and explodes cauing massive damage to anyone around it. (Or we can have the Comet Observatory kamikaze the stage)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's my Idea for a Moveset

B: Star Spin
Fixed knock back so it can't KO but it makes a good "Get off me" attack and gives a boost in midair

B-Side: Skate (based off ice flower)
Rosalina skates forwards, creating ice beneath her feet. Pressing B while skating makes her twirl to dodge. Rosalina herself does no damage but the ice hurts and persists, however briefly.

B-up: Sling Star
Rosalina summons a Sling star which propels her upwards in an arc which can be altered by holding left/right while spingin

B-Down: Spin Drill
On the ground Rosalina uses the drill to make dirt splash up for damage but in the air is causes her to rocket downward and the tip of the drill can Meteor.

FINAL SMASH: Star Bits
Similar to Snake's Final smash, Rosalina flies into the foreground but Hungry Lumas appear on stage. Holding A rapid fires starbits which do damage with little knock back but aiming for the Hungry Lumas makes them Transform and the Explosion while not covering more than 1/3 of the stage, is a KO.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My only issue is with Rosalina using the Lumas as weapons. That'd be my only no go in making a moveset for her.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My only issue is with Rosalina using the Lumas as weapons. That'd be my only no go in making a moveset for her.

What would you suggest for a Final Smash then?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've always liked Rosalina as a character, and wanted her to be playable in Smash, but I never found her likely. Needless to say, today's news changed my views a bit, haha. :laugh:

One interesting playstyle mechanic that I think can suit her well is actually altering the opponent's gravity, jump height, and movement speed, using her cosmic magic. Weak attacks, for the most part, but they prove to be fatal if used in combination with weight/jump height/gravity changes. Could be pretty cool, I think. Perhaps I'll put a moveset together for her some time this week.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I feel like while Rosalina appearing in Mario 3D World is a big step towards cementing her as more than just a spinoff character, its too little too late (Despite my still massive hype for her being in the game, I'm trying to be unbiased).

It's possible that Sakurai knew that Nintendo EAD wanted to include Rosalina in Mario 3D World before the roster was finalized in June, but there's nothing to confirm or deny the possibility, so it's not worth discussing in my opinion (just a lot of back and forth).

I do think this puts her in the number four spot for a Mario newcomer though, behind Bowser Jr., Toad and Paper Mario. If she continues to appear between Smash U/3DS and the next games, I have no qualms placing her over Paper Mario.

and if Toad is still part of Peach, then I'd put her in the number three spot. Certainly makes more sense than Waluigi or Daisy.

I think the biggest thing for Rosalina for Sm4sh is that she's now seen fighting.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wouldin't be cool if the photo for tonight was of Rosalina's comet observatory.
If Sakurai decided to announce the Observatory as a shout out to Rosalina, I would say that Rosalina is disconfirmed.
Since, you know, if he really wanted to give a shout out to Rosalina, he would announce her.
Although if he doesn't mention her at all, that's different.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
If Sakurai decided to announce the Observatory as a shout out to Rosalina, I would say that Rosalina is disconfirmed.
Since, you know, if he really wanted to give a shout out to Rosalina, he would announce her.
Yeah thats true,it was just a thought tho,Who's to say tho he hasen't all ready revealed the Observatory?.

"Pic of the day. Isn't Kirby drawn with a familiar artsy style?"
-Masahiro Sakurai September 10, 2013

Proof it could be a Galaxy level.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 art work

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This would definitely lead to a deja vu dilemma. When Pyrosphere got revealed, Ridley arguments started spreading like wild fire, even though Sakurai never said Ridley's name.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Perhaps the Galaxy stage wasn't done yet, maybe they are implementing Galaxy physics along with other planets being playable as scrolling stage similar to Delfino Plaza.Maybe it's why we haven't seen the Galaxy stage yet.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Perhaps the Galaxy stage wasn't done yet, maybe they are implementing Galaxy physics along with other planets being playable as scrolling stage similar to Delfino Plaza.Maybe it's why we haven't seen the Galaxy stage yet.

Thats very true or he could have been teasing us,Hopefully he will show us more of the level soon.

Could the level confirme Rosalinas in?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You know he could announce the Observatory, mention her, and not have her in the background right? Remember Pyrosphere's reveal?

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Man, Rosalina just got bumped from "almost certainly not," to "actually legitimate contender," at least in my book. And why not? She's got moveset potential, relevance, and is another female for the roster. Now that she seems possible, I actually kinda want her! Also, I'd like to point out to anyone who uses the "too many Mario characters already" argument that Mario had 5 characters in Melee. One more non-clone couldn't hurt, especially for a franchise as important as Mario.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Since her debut in Super Mario Galaxy, Rosalina has always been mine favourite princess in the Mario series. I just love that serene, motherly demeanour she constantly portrays. I must say, I was quite pleased to learn she was going to be a playable character in Super Mario 3D World. I will probably use her the most in Super Mario 3D World, next to Luigi.

Anyhow, if we did get a fifth Super Mario Bros character, I would like it to be either Rosalina or Toad. Like previous posters have said, she has plenty of moveset potential. I fancy most of her moves would consist of magickal attacks, both long-range and close-range. Some of her moves could even derive from real astronomical phenomena. I will think about writing a detailed moveset for her when I have more time on mine hands, though it will certainly be difficult.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Man, Rosalina just got bumped from "almost certainly not," to "actually legitimate contender," at least in my book. And why not? She's got moveset potential, relevance, and is another female for the roster. Now that she seems possible, I actually kinda want her! Also, I'd like to point out to anyone who uses the "too many Mario characters already" argument that Mario had 5 characters in Melee. One more non-clone couldn't hurt, especially for a franchise as important as Mario.
Exactly! Mario put Nintendo on the map. When it comes to reps, the Mario characters should definitely be a priority (leaving the generic minions out of course..... and Nabbit lol). Being playable in the MAIN games of Mario is a huge deal! It separates her from those "Mario Sports" characters. The only playable characters in the new 3D World game that is not in smash would be the Blue Toad and Rosalina.

Not to say Rosalina is guaranteed or anything for this smash game but Super Mario 3D world makes her profile look better. Which would make her possible for inclusions in future titles.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Exactly! Mario put Nintendo on the map. When it comes to reps, the Mario characters should definitely be a priority (leaving the generic minions out of course..... and Nabbit lol). Being playable in the MAIN games of Mario is a huge deal! It separates her from those "Mario Sports" characters. The only playable characters in the new 3D World game that is not in smash would be the Blue Toad and Rosalina.

Not to say Rosalina is guaranteed or anything for this smash game but Super Mario 3D world makes her profile look better. Which would make her possible for inclusions in future titles.

This... is why I have always felt that Toad (and Bowser Jr. and now Rosalina... I wouldn't count Nabbit just yet) are better choices than generic enemies and characters who are exclusive to sports/party spin-off games... having major playable roles and/or major NPC roles in main platformer games is what separates Toad, Bowser Jr. and Rosalina from Waluigi, Daisy, and Birdo. Just my opinion...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Since Toad is pretty much no longer an option, I think I indeed wouldn't mind Rosalina making it as a playable character. Not saying I'm 100% excited about her, but she at least makes sence. She could end up being a Luigified Peach-clone, which could be interessting. Ah well, let's see what happens. I would like a Mario newcomer, and if it has to be Rosalina, I'm okay with it.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Since Toad is pretty much no longer an option, I think I indeed wouldn't mind Rosalina making it as a playable character. Not saying I'm 100% excited about her, but she at least makes sence. She could end up being a Luigified Peach-clone, which could be interessting. Ah well, let's see what happens. I would like a Mario newcomer, and if it has to be Rosalina, I'm okay with it.
I wouldn't count out Toad just yet if I were you.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, his chances aren't nearly as good and I rather not hold on to desperation.

Paper Mario is pretty cool to though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So it seems tiers can be applied to all the Mario Potentials

Playable Tier

Rosalina
Toad
Nabbit (Don't ask me, I didn't make Luigi U)

Villain Tier

Bowser Jr.
Kamek (May count as Yoshi villain instead)

Spin-off Tier

Daisy
Waluigi
Birdo

"Owned by Another Company who would probably have a better character to contribute anyway" Tier

Geno

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wouldn't count out Toad just yet if I were you.
It is not easy to be a Toad supporter... we have our ups and downs... we have been dealt with an one-two punch... the Peach's Toad picture and now Rosalina being playable in Super Mario 3D World...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
One more thing to throw out about Rosalina's inclusion:

Remember this pic still? The one many speculate is Super Mario Galaxy-based stage?

It's been quite a while of it being shown, but now the question is that why they haven't show yet ANYTHING so far about it besides this picture?

I might actually predict now that Rosalina might be revealed along with more content of the Galaxy-stage as the screenshot for her reveal (whether it'd be the one with Super Mario 3D World's release date)

So yeah, I might actually brush out Toad as a likely fella even more now as Rosalina seems to get even more merit as time goes on.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Im so excited for what this could mean for Rosalina. For a while I thought shed just have been lost in the Nintendo archives. For one of the most developed Mario characters out there she's been severely under appreciated. So super glad shes getting the recognition she deserves. Also shes super ****ing hot.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Which makes being a Toad supporter all the more fun because you get more arguments.
There's also Bowser Jr. to keep in mind, since he's not in 3D World. But that won't exactly stop him, thanks to New Super Mario Bros. U.

Anyway, Rosalina's presence in 3D World and Island Tour pretty much points out that she hasn't been forgotten.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just realized, but the thread title made me think of this...

Hey! They both have wands and wear teal! :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Be sure not to miss Rate Their Chances tomorrow, guys! Rosalina's up.
Something tells me the likelihood percentage is gonna be unusually higher since Rosalina was just confirmed to be in Super Mario 3D World yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom