• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
They was able to add Sonic at the last Minute in brawl. It doesin't matter what serise there from none of the characters from brawl kept toad from getting in.

Theres Your reasonable debate.
Sonic was an extremely special case due to being the literal most requested character. Sonic getting in also cost the forbidden seven their spots.

Anything else? That's the weakest argument I've heard yet.

For the record, I do like you, I just think you're horribly wrong and that you're letting bias get in the way of your judgement.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What you should do is wait until the hype dies down a little and then make a Toad vs. Rosalina thread.

There's already Lucario vs Zoroark and Krystal vs Katt so it's not against any rules.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh in terms of what characters get in, they are mostly planned from the very early stages as one of the first things they do and how they want them to work etc and then they go ahead and add them from there. Some characters may have higher priority over others though.

So it really depends on wether or not Rosalina and/or Toad had been planned for this game beforehand.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Also, what's up with everyone's new interest in Rosalina for Smash 4? Just because she showed up in another game?? :?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What you should do is wait until the hype dies down a little and then make a Toad vs. Rosalina thread.

There's already Lucario vs Zoroark and Krystal vs Katt so it's not against any rules.
I may do that.
Also, what's up with everyone's new interest in Rosalina for Smash 4? Just because she showed up in another game?? :?
Until that point, we had no reason to assume that she was going to be a recurring character. Now we do. That's why there's so much buzz over this.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Sonic was an extremely special case due to being the literal most requested character. Sonic getting in also cost the forbidden seven their spots.

Anything else? That's the weakest argument I've heard yet.

For the record, I do like you, I just think you're horribly wrong and that you're letting bias get in the way of your judgement.
Your the one whos being Bias Just like what Kikwi-Kiwi said they are mostly planned from the very early stages.lol

So they most likely all ready new Rosalina was going to be in super mario 3D world.

Weak lol Oh god.

If Toad was going to get in he would have gotten in before Wario.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Your the one whos being Bias Just like what Kikwi-Kiwi said they are mostly planned from the very early stages.lol

So they most likely all ready new Rosalina was going to be in super mario 3D world.

Weak lol Oh god.

If Toad was going to get in he would have gotten in before Wario.
They probably knew that Toad was going to be in Super Mario 3D World. They might have also known that Rosalina was planned to be an unlockable character in it. However, you're acting like Rosalina was in and Toad was not, when, in reality, Toad was the more important of the two that was included (Otherwise, Toad would have likely been the unlockable character and Rosalina would have taken the spotlight. Either that, or Rosalina would have been the fourth and Toad would have been ignored. However, that's not what happened.)

Wario was one of the most highly requested characters for Brawl. Toad was not. That's the main reason why Wario got in over him.

I'm not going to continue this argument because it is going nowhere. I've already made my point.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Basically yes... at least Toad's support was gradually growing... starting way back pre-Brawl, even pre-Melee... and ballooned when New Super Mario Bros. Wii came out... he's been getting playable roles in New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, and now Super Mario 3D World...

Rosalina's support really started just before Brawl came out... it is just today that her support skyrocketed.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maybe Rosalina's just more given, seeing how Toad's still Peach's Neutral B and we don't have yet anything around next Thursday. Feels just bit more "off-mill" currently, something Sakurai's been going for a while.

/Unless Zelda/

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
They probably knew that Toad was going to be in Super Mario 3D World. They might have also known that Rosalina was planned to be an unlockable character in it. However, you're acting like Rosalina was in and Toad was not, when, in reality, Toad was the more important of the two that was included (Otherwise, Toad would have likely been the unlockable character and Rosalina would have taken the spotlight. Either that, or Rosalina would have been the fourth and Toad would have been ignored. However, that's not what happened.)

Wario was one of the most highly requested characters for Brawl. Toad was not. That's the main reason why Wario got in over him.

I'm not going to continue this argument because it is going nowhere. I've already made my point.

Your arguments are invalid i am not acting like toad is out and Rosalinas in, In each of the games shes been in shes been unlockable so i guess Toad was important in Mario Kart 7 and wii? lol Wario has also had his own games...I dont think toad ever has?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Your arguments are invalid i am not acting like toad is out and Rosalinas in, In each of the games shes been in shes been unlockable so i guess Toad was important in Mario Kart 7 and wii? lol Wario has also had his own games...I dont think toad ever has?
He has. Wario's Woods.

Though I will not continue the argument any longer, as I cannot persuade you, you should know that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Can you at least not say "lol" randomly?

And BTW Toad was the main (but not titular) character in Wario's Woods.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Reposting a post I made from the Toad support thread. In particular the first half, as it is relevant to this thread (and I wrote it that way intentionally):

I would actually be fine with both Toad and Rosalina as DLC as long as there is DLC and at least Toad is included in that if not in the game proper. Both hold more relevance and actual playable status in mainstream games as compared to Bowser Jr., Waluigi and Daisy, which is why, like others, I'd now be putting Rosalina's chances above them all - especially due to her large status in not one but two mainstream games, and a third that she is now playable in, albeit as an unlockable bonus extra. She even has Galaxy-themed attacks as her specials, which sets her apart from Peach, so I could see her being at least semi-unique if she were to ever grace the Smash world with her Luma-inous presence - but Toad takes precedence first and foremost, and he has the potential to be a very unique character, unlike Jr., Daisy, and even Rosalina to a certain extent, who would likely be clones of Bowser and Peach, respectively; and Waluigi, who has the potential to be unique, but has never even been in any mainstream game period, and doesn't have the positive recognition to warrant a playable spot at this point, especially compared to the others. Paper Mario is, of course, a very possible contender as well, but still suffers from being Mario in Game & Watch form basically, and despite the potential for great uniqueness, this would likely get lost in translation as has been the case with several characters being clones of another (Falcondorf, anyone?), and I personally don't have high hopes, though it would be awesome.

An addendum to this for this thread, however, is that it seems now that Rosalina is being set up as a main player and a mainstay in the mainstream Mario games in a way that Jr, Daisy, and even Wario never were, and if Sakurai was knowledgeable about this info when he was deciding on rosters, whose to say that Toad and Rosalina weren't both decided upon for inclusion in SM4SH? Rosalina might be a low-priority luigified clone deal, but Super Mario 3D World has definitely put her in the spotlight, and to even have the possibility of being a low-priority addition when she could very well beat out all the other possible Mario reps who might not be considered for inclusion at all, I find to be a big deal - and a very, very good thing for Rosalina.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why does my randomly Loling bother you?

I looked it up iv never played it. it looks like it may have been funn tho.

It makes you hard to take seriously when you randomly insert it in.

And it's quite a good puzzle game but it get hard if you don't plan ahead.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Reposting a post I made from the Toad support thread. In particular the first half, as it is relevant to this thread (and I wrote it that way intentionally):

An addendum to this for this thread, however, is that it seems now that Rosalina is being set up as a main player and a mainstay in the mainstream Mario games in a way that Jr, Daisy, and even Wario never were, and if Sakurai was knowledgeable about this info when he was deciding on rosters, whose to say that Toad and Rosalina weren't both decided upon for inclusion in SM4SH? Rosalina might be a low-priority luigified clone deal, but Super Mario 3D World has definitely put her in the spotlight, and to even have the possibility of being a low-priority addition when she could very well beat out all the other possible Mario reps who might not be considered for inclusion at all, I find to be a big deal - and a very, very good thing for Rosalina.

I agree and it is a very big deal,Weather she be dlc or all ready in the game i hope she gets in either way.I think by her being in super mario 3d world it gives her a bigger chance now of getting in smash 4 than she ever had before.

Guybrush20X6

Ah well i didin't think about it that way iv been apart of the forums since 2011 i thought by now people would have taken me seriously.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hey, another Toad supporter here. Sorry we're invading your thread.

First of all; Congratulations! Rosalina made playable status in a platformer! This is pretty impressive, especially considering not even Wario's been playable in many Mario platformers of recent(the last being Mario 64 DS I believe) and she pipped Waluigi and even Daisy to the post in doing so. Like Inawordyes said, this also cements Rosalina as a reoccuring character and is a huge deal placing her in the canon Mario series.

Secondly; looks like we'll be taking you more seriously as a rival for Smash games both for 4 and in future installments should neither succeed to get in this one. I've been fairly on the fence regarding Rosalina personally, but I'm glad she was picked for the secret character slot over either of the Wario brothers. Or Yellow Toad(three playable Toads would be overkill).

Here's to being rivals.

Now let's just hope Sakurai doesn't sucker punch us both and puts Nabbit on the roster instead.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well even before 3D world she still had the Galaxy games at her side. I'm not sure Sakurai was aware that Rosalina was set to appear in Super Mario 3D World as well during the planning stages back in March/April 2012 but seeing how Koizumi stated that they already had their ideas for Super Mario 3D World during the development of Super Mario 3D Land (Correct me if I'm wrong on this as I'm not 100% certain about this). If Rosalina was already on their minds back in 2011 and if he discussed this with Sakurai then I'd say she probably does have a decent shot of making it into the game. (The same would go for Toad as well of course.)

But we'll see I guess. :/ I think she's probably more likely of being an Assist Trophy though but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to her being playable.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, another Toad supporter here. Sorry we're invading your thread.

First of all; Congratulations! Rosalina made playable status in a platformer! This is pretty impressive, especially considering not even Wario's been playable in many Mario platformers of recent(the last being Mario 64 DS I believe) and she pipped Waluigi and even Daisy to the post in doing so. Like Inawordyes said, this also cements Rosalina as a reoccuring character and is a huge deal placing her in the canon Mario series.

Secondly; looks like we'll be taking you more seriously as a rival for Smash games both for 4 and in future installments should neither succeed to get in this one. I've been fairly on the fence regarding Rosalina personally, but I'm glad she was picked for the secret character slot over either of the Wario brothers. Or Yellow Toad(three playable Toads would be overkill).

Here's to being rivals.

Now let's just hope Sakurai doesn't sucker punch us both and puts Nabbit on the roster instead.
Just a random thought; I'm actually kinda sad that Rosalina wasn't a cameo and Nabbit wasn't the unlockable. I always liked the little guy.

Regardless, they made the better choice for the general public. I'm just weird.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Vocal support for Rosalina has spiked as a result of this announcement because she had many supporters like myself who didn't think she had a snowball's chance in hell of actually appearing in Smash, as Nintendo seemed to be phasing her out. Confirmation that Nintendo views Rosalina as a character they want to maintain long-term cements her status as an important part of the Mario franchise and thus worthy of inclusion in Smash.

Rosalina's chances of inclusion are still iffy, but the popularity of Galaxy and Galaxy 2 as well as their status as iconic titles of the Wii certainly do justify her as a viable newcomer.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Personally, I always really liked Rosalina as a character despite only playing the very beginning of Galaxy 1 (though I know the story of both games), and was a little saddened by the fact that she would never get to be in Smash because she was just a major background character and had too much competition in front of her within her own series. But just like that, she was just pushed ahead of everybody except Toad in the realm of possibilities. Sure, she's low-key right now with all the competition in front of her from all around Nintendo, but she is gearing up to becoming an All-Star, and right now she is very likely to be seen as and become one before all the other contenders, and I am looking forward to that day.

Toad first, though. Seriously. :p

EDIT:
Vocal support for Rosalina has spiked as a result of this announcement because she had many supporters like myself who didn't think she had a snowball's chance in hell of actually appearing in Smash, as Nintendo seemed to be phasing her out. Confirmation that Nintendo views Rosalina as a character they want to maintain long-term cements her status as an important part of the Mario franchise and thus worthy of inclusion in Smash.

Rosalina's chances of inclusion are still iffy, but the popularity of Galaxy and Galaxy 2 as well as their status as iconic titles of the Wii certainly do justify her as a viable newcomer.

Haha, this is basically what I was just getting at. I didn't think she was likely before, but now she is actually pretty reasonably likely, and I could see her making a surprise debut and I wouldn't mind one bit.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Gonna start wearing a Rosalina avatar sometime again, M&SG? :awesome:

'tis a good day for Rosalina fans, although how much weight her playability in that game holds for Sm4sh is still debatable of course. As one whose quietly supported Toad too, I kinda feel for the Toad fans, but will be happy enough if either of them get in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meh, I'd highly doubt Zelda, Palutena, and Rosalina can coexist in the same roster. Though, they do have obvious differences like Zelda with traditional magic, Rosalina with star power, and Palutena with light abilities. In the end, I do really want to see Rosalina involved in Smash somehow.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know, I'd rather see Rosalina in over Geno... she also uses star power... difference is, she is actually relevant and recurring and 100% owned by Nintendo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I actually thought that Yoshi or Wario would be the 5th character option for Super Mario 3D World. Rosalina's presence was definitely a big surprise on my part.

Now, if only that helps her playable support...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Of all people. I'm not hating Mario Galaxy or anything but I'd hope for a more traditional character like.... GOOMBA. He was in the very beginning with Mario and the only credit he gets is to be squashed by every generation.

sarcasm.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I have to say, I'm really glad Roalina's playable in 3D World. She's one of my favorite Mario characters. Now, if we have a rivalry between the Toad supporters and the Rosalina supporters, I guess I'll be the Anti-Hero as I love both characters and really won't be able to take a side.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have to say, I'm really glad Roalina's playable in 3D World. She's one of my favorite Mario characters. Now, if we have a rivalry between the Toad supporters and the Rosalina supporters, I guess I'll be the Anti-Hero as I love both characters and really won't be able to take a side.
Yeah same here really, I'd be happy with either honestly as I like them both as well.

Actually, he does... he has to compete with Sakurai's humility. :troll:
INB4 You're next!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Meh, I'd highly doubt Zelda, Palutena, and Rosalina can coexist in the same roster. Though, they do have obvious differences like Zelda with traditional magic, Rosalina with star power, and Palutena with light abilities. In the end, I do really want to see Rosalina involved in Smash somehow.

If Link, Toon Link, Marth, and Ike can coexist in the same roster, why can't Zelda, Palutena, and Rosalina? Magical powers allow for plenty of creative freedom in devising movesets.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Of all people. I'm not hating Mario Galaxy or anything but I'd hope for a more traditional character like.... GOOMBA. He was in the very beginning with Mario and the only credit he gets is to be squashed by every generation.

sarcasm.
But you can pretend to play as Goomba! :troll:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wut?
Seriously?
I'm pretty sure it has no chances,even Prince Fluff has more chances.
Don't forget Gooey! Top tier in Super Smash Crusade!

Also I'm afraid this can't be a two way rivalry betwen Toad and Rosalina, because we must remember the two of them still would need to contend with Bowser Jr, Paper Mario and Waluigi. Yes, Waluigi is still a real contender. No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom