• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's been talk of her beign a secret character in the latest Mario game. I'm not sure if I belive that but the Observatory appeared in the background of one of the posters so she's still gonna appear in some capacity I wager.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well... 3 looks like a pair of Lumas with a princess, so that's likely to be Rosalina.

2 looks more like the Sprixie Princess and 1 might just be another Peach sticker. 4 could be almost anything. Why would they think a round sticker = Rosalina? Hell, it could be the confirmed playable Toad brigade captain even.

I think this may confirm she has an appearence in 3D World in some sort of compacity(since number 3 looks like lumas), but whether that means playable status for the game is anyone's guess.

It doesn't, however, mean anything for being playable in Smash. Two Toads are confirmed playable in 3D World(with different gameplay no less), and his inclusion in Smash is looking like it may just be the Toad Guard move once more.

As for Rosalina's inclusion in Smash? If she appears a few more times I'll probably warm upto her a bit more. I don't particularly want her in before Toad(obviously) or Bowser Jr. however whom just seem more important to the series as a whole.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well now it seems we have to fight to the death with the Toad faction because now both Rosalina and toad are characters playable in mainstream Mario games but not Smash.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Still think Toad, Bowser Jr., and (maybe) Paper Mario are more likely than her, but she's a contender now.

However, since she's an unlockable character as opposed to a starter character, Toad beats her badly.

At the very least, she's probably staying in the Mario series for a bit, so a very viable candidate for Smash 5/6.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Still think Toad, Bowser Jr., and (maybe) Paper Mario are more likely than her, but she's a contender now.

However, since she's an unlockable character as opposed to a starter character, Toad beats her badly.

At the very least, she's probably staying in the Mario series for a bit, so a very viable candidate for Smash 5/6.

I disagree i think just her being playable and being in 3D world gives her as much of a chance as toad.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Rosalina has become both a character who fights and a more lasting member of the Mario franchise. Today has been good for her! As somebody who wanted her in Smash but figured that she had no chance, I'm quite pleased.

Steelia

Smash Champion
ahh, was looking for this topic. Seeing Rosalina playable in SM3DW was the most hype thing on the stream.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rosalina has one big thing over Toad. She isn't been held back by being pulled out of Peach's bustle in the last two games.

That said, there's nothing to say there can't be more than one Toad in it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I disagree i think just her being playable and being in 3D world gives her as much of a chance as toad.
Toad also has the fact that he's a long time veteran to the series, his iconic status, and his place as one of the four main characters in SM3DW which put him quite a bit over Rosalina. Rosalina getting in before Toad would be like having Luigi over Mario...just to a lesser degree.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's funny that Nintendo would rather include Rosalina in SM3DW over Waluigi and Daisy. :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Poor Daisy, has been along the Mario cast for more than 20 years (I believe) and she still hasn't been in a main platformer (That is not a spin off game) since Super Mario Land and yet Rosalina has already beaten her in three. Even been playable in one of them now...

Ah well, I'm pretty happy to see Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World, I'll be looking forward to play as her once I get my hands on a Wii U and the game. :)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Rosalina has one big thing over Toad. She isn't been held back by being pulled out of Peach's bustle in the last two games.

That said, there's nothing to say there can't be more than one Toad in it.
You forgot to say that Rosalina has moveset potential instead of using Mario power-ups.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I support her. lol (I only support her and Paper Mario as the new Mario rep. I could care less about Jr.)

Rosalina can shoot star bits, use the bubble that saves Mario from jumping off the observatory, the stars that shoot Mario through out space in galaxy, lumas, the spin attack, the comet observatory itself can be used in a final smash. (kamikaze attack) Or she could also use the grand star as part of her final smash. (Rain shooting stars onto the stage)

Hungry lumas could also be used.

SonicMario

Smash Master
SM3DW only raises her chances in being in SSB4 slightly just for recency. But it might make her a bigger contender for Smash 5 if she continues to have playable appearances until then.

Still I suppose she's as likely as any other Mario newcomer now. That's the best you could ask for.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Toad also has the fact that he's a long time veteran to the series, his iconic status, and his place as one of the four main characters in SM3DW which put him quite a bit over Rosalina. Rosalina getting in before Toad would be like having Luigi over Mario...just to a lesser degree.

He has an Iconic Status but yet hes one of peaches moves,If they found him very Iconic they would have made him playable in the past 3 smash games,But they didn't.

This will make Rosalinas 6th game that shes been in.

Rosalina was intended to appear instead of Luma in Mario Tennis Open but was replaced for the same reason that Birdo didn't make it to installments after Mario Tennis; the developers did not have enough time to model another complex character.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Rosalina can shoot star bits, use the bubble that saves Mario from jumping off the observatory, launch stars, lumas, the spin attack, the comet observatory itself can be used in a final smash. (kamikaze attack) Or she could also use the grand star as part of her final smash. (Rain shooting stars onto the stage)

Hungry lumas could also be used.
Just quoting myself here.

So moveset potential is there.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You forgot to say that Rosalina has moveset potential instead of using Mario power-ups.
Ironically, her moveset potential stems from using Mario's star spin move... Is that iconic to Rosalina if Mario did it first? :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Aw she looks pretty adorable in that Tanooki suit imo. :p

I actually wouldn't mind if she ended up playable in Smash Bro-- *gets lynched by Toad, Bowser jr, Paper Mario and Waluigi supporters*

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
He has an Iconic Status but yet hes one of peaches moves,If they found him very Iconic they would have made him playable in the past 3 smash games,But they didn't.

This will make Rosalinas 6th game that shes been in.

Rosalina was intended to appear instead of Luma in Mario Tennis Open but was replaced for the same reason that Birdo didn't make it to installments after Mario Tennis; the developers did not have enough time to model another complex character.
  • Super Mario Bros. (NES)
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (NES)
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
  • Wario's Woods (NES + SNES)
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
  • Super Mario Kart (SNES)
  • Mario's Tennis (Virtual Boy)
  • Super Mario 64 (N64)
  • Mario Kart 64 (N64)
  • Mario Golf (N64)
  • Mario Tennis (N64)
  • Paper Mario (N64)
  • Mario Party (N64)
  • Mario Party 2 (N64)
  • Mario Golf (GBC)
  • Mario Tennis (GBC)
  • Mario Party 3 (N64)
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (DS)
  • Luigi's Mansion (GCN)
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
  • Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)
  • Mario Party 4 (GCN)
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash‼ (GCN)
  • Mario Party 5 (GCN)
  • Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GCN)
  • Mario Golf: Advance Tour (GBA)
  • Mario Power Tennis (GCN)
  • Mario Party 6 (GCN)
  • Mario Party 7 (GCN)
  • Mario Party Advance (GBA)
  • Mario Superstar Baseball (GCN)
  • Mario Kart DS (DS)
  • New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GCN)
  • Super Mario 64 DS (DS)
  • Super Princess Peach (DS)
  • Itadaki Street DS (DS)
  • Yakuman DS (DS)
  • Super Paper Mario (Wii)
  • Mario Party 8 (Wii)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)
  • Mario Strikers Charged (Wii)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
  • Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
  • Mario Super Sluggers (Wii)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii & DS)
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS)
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
  • Mario Sports Mix (Wii)
  • Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
  • Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Wii & 3DS)
  • Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
  • Fortune Street (Wii)
  • Mario Party 9 (Wii)
  • Mario Tennis Open (3DS)
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
  • Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) - Blue Toad
And?

You cannot seriously be trying to argue that Rosalina is more important than Toad. You're quite simply wrong in that area. Sure, Rosalina's cool and all, but she's not even close to as important as Toad.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
But we have to deal with the moveset thing for Peach. So even if Toad is more important he can't do anything until Sakurai confirms that he isn't a neutral special meat shield anymore. (Unless Blue Toad is THE Toad. Then.....)

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Super Mario 3D World Spoiler Screenshot Slideshow (5th Unlockable Character)

Pacack And?

You cannot seriously be trying to argue that Rosalina is more important than Toad. You're quite simply wrong in that area. Sure, Rosalina's cool and all, but she's not even close to as important as Toad.
Im just stating if he is as important as you think he is then he should have all ready been playable,They put Wario in over top of him.If she wasin't that important she wouldin't have been included in super mario 3D World.Hes so important they added him as a move for peach rather than playable.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
  • LIST-O-RAMA
And?

Like I said before, Toad's contribution to the series thus far is taking the bullet for Peach. We've got some idea of how highly Sakurai thinks of him with the vague hope that a different Toad can stand up to the playable plate.

Both of them are on pretty even terms considering they're trying to be the 5th character in a highly represented series... and don't have a MD or a moustache.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
But we have to deal with the moveset thing for Peach. So even if Toad is more important he can't do anything until Sakurai confirms that he isn't a neutral special meat shield anymore. (Unless Blue Toad is THE Toad. Then.....)
Doesn't matter.

There are multiple toads that have that color scheme that "Toad" has. Therefore, it is entirely possible (and reasonable) to assume that the one Peach uses for her meat shield is not the "Toad".

Not only that, but, should Sakurai want to avoid confusion (which doesn't seem to be a priority if the multiple "toon" Links are any indication), then the blue "Toad" is perfectly viable as well since he is referred to as "Toad" in SM3DW.

So there you have two options. In no way is a toad's presence as a meat shield any issue.

Rosalina supporter said:
Im just stating if he is as important as you think he is then he should have all ready been playable,They put Wario in over top of him.If she wasin't that important she wouldin't have been included in super mario 3D World.Hes so important they added him as a move for peach rather than playable.
If you're going to argue that he would have been in already if he was so iconic, I would like to point out that there were more important characters to add at the time of Melee and Brawl that simply out-prioritized Toad at the time. He wasn't excluded because of his meat shield status; he was excluded because Dedede, Diddy Kong, etc. were and are more important.

Guybrush20X6 said:
Like I said before, Toad's contribution to the series thus far is taking the bullet for Peach. We've got some idea of how highly Sakurai thinks of him with the vague hope that a different Toad can stand up to the playable plate.

Both of them are on pretty even terms considering they're trying to be the 5th character in a highly represented series... and don't have a MD or a moustache.
There is no reason to assume that the meat shield is "Toad". It is simply a toad. Before, Toad wasn't included simply because he was not as important as other Nintendo characters that needed to be added before him.

Let me point out that that list a perfect counterargument to your second point. Toad has more credentials overall. Anything that Rosalina had, Toad has plus more. They are not on even footing. Who was chosen as the fourth primary playable character to go with Mario, Luigi, and Peach? Toad. Who was chosen to be the unlockable character? Rosalina.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Doesn't matter.

. He wasn't excluded because of his meat shield status; he was excluded because Dedede, Diddy Kong, etc. were and are more important.
They are there own series and in my eyes should not have made an impact weather or not toad got in or not.

It does Matter There not going to add another toad after adding one to peaches move set he would be more or less a filler.

Let me point out that that list a perfect counterargument to your second point. Toad has more credentials overall. Anything that Rosalina had, Toad has plus more. They are not on even footing. Who was chosen as the fourth primary playable character to go with Mario, Luigi, and Peach? Toad. Who was chosen to be the unlockable character? Rosalina.
In each of the games that shes been playable in shes been unlockable so your arguments invalid.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
They are there own series and in my eyes should not have made an impact weather or not toad got in or not.

It does Matter There not going to add another toad after adding one to peaches move set he would be more or less a filler.
Of course it matters!

It's the same reason that we don't already have Ridley or King K. Rool!

There is limited development time for the characters in a game.

When there are multiple characters competing for playable status, it doesn't matter what series they're from since they all take the same amount of time as other characters. They are in competition with each other.

I don't know if I can reasonably debate with you if that is not blatantly obvious to you.

In each of the games that shes been playable in shes been unlockable so your arguments invalid.
No, it just proves that she's not a character that they find needs to be playable from the get-go like Mario. She's not important enough to warrant being a starter.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No, this feels like it should belong in a different thread called "Toad vs Rosalina: Who should it be?"

As it is it's just you against everyone else. Try taking it to neutral ground.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
No, this feels like it should belong in a different thread called "Toad vs Rosalina: Who should it be?"

As it is it's just you against everyone else. Try taking it to neutral ground.
We've had stuff like this in the Toad thread before.

And I would gladly take it to neutral ground, but I'm the only one here who's arguing for Toad at the moment. I'd gladly have someone to point out what I miss.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Of course it matters!

It's the same reason that we don't already have Ridley or King K. Rool!

There is limited development time for the characters in a game.

When there are multiple characters competing for playable status, it doesn't matter what series they're from since they all take the same amount of time as other characters. They are in competition with each other.

I don't know if I can reasonably debate with you if that is not blatantly obvious to you.

They was able to add Sonic at the last Minute in brawl. It doesin't matter what serise there from none of the characters from brawl kept toad from getting in.

Theres Your reasonable debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom