• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I had no idea which kart you were talking about when you mentioned Birthday Girl so I looked it up and the name was changed in PAL regions to be the Royal Ribbon (I'll also say it right here and now that Melody Motorway is a much better name than Music Park). The Honeycoupe was renamed Dragonetti here which sounds much cooler.
Also I use Peach or Rosi in the Royal RIbbon along with the Monster Wheels every single time I play MK7 (it was a pretty cute kart and it felt balanced).
i used every Royal Girl in that car (i love the recolors) with the Peach Parasol + the roller tires .... Perfect combination for me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I suddenly decided to be Rosalina's personal photographer today and I may or may not have focused on her less appreciated assets in MK8.

(Though I discovered that the Comet and Flame Rider look absolutely amazing with her).

There are some cute ones though. I'll put the sexier ones in a spoiler tag and the more innocent ones exposed.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I'm really enjoying Mario Kart 8. I really like using both Rosalina and baby Rosalina. <3

Still trying out all the different kart parts though. Still need quite a bit to unlock. :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I suddenly decided to be Rosalina's personal photographer today and I may or may not have focused on her less appreciated assets in MK8.

(Though I discovered that the Comet and Flame Rider look absolutely amazing with her).

There are some cute ones though. I'll put the sexier ones in a spoiler tag and the more innocent ones exposed.

I just love the photos you take of Rosalina from Mario Kart 8!
The spoil photos aren't that sexual to me......actually.
And hiw did you manage to take these pictures and sent it here? Can you teach me?
I am also looking forward of you take more awesome photos of Rosalina in Smash Bros Wii U in the future!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To take uncompressed photos, I use Wii U Image Share (Google it while in the Wii U Internet Browser), and post them to Tumblr (Facebook and Tumblr are also options, but I believe those compress your photos).

Alternatively, you can post them to Miiverse (this also compresses them).

In any of these cases, just copy the image URL and put them in an image tag here to display them here.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To take uncompressed photos, I use Wii U Image Share (Google it while in the Wii U Internet Browser), and post them to Tumblr (Facebook and Tumblr are also options, but I believe those compress your photos).

Alternatively, you can post them to Miiverse (this also compresses them).

In any of these cases, just copy the image URL and put them in an image tag here to display them here.
Thanks for the advice!
Honestly I don't have a Wii U yet. And 3ds you can only take screenshots by tapping the home button and then sent it to Miiverse. This process is really slow.

I hope they can change this in the new 3DS.
And can you accept my Smashboard friend request please @ ChikoLad ChikoLad ?
We have been discussing for quite a while and I really hope you can accept me as an official friend.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have not received any friend requests and I don't exactly understand how the friend system works here to begin with. I've accepted a few, but nothing changes when I do. Seems like a superficial feature beyond having quick links to people's profiles. You can still send me private messages, if that's what you're getting at.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have not received any friend requests and I don't exactly understand how the friend system works here to begin with. I've accepted a few, but nothing changes when I do. Seems like a superficial feature beyond having quick links to people's profiles. You can still send me private messages, if that's what you're getting at.
Well I just feel that you are really my friend if you added me as a friend in Smashboards, you can just click on my profile page and accept me as a friend.(If this doesn't bother you), it has been nice chatting with you here in the Rosalina dicussion thread :)

Now back to Rosalina, seeing the photos you take I notice the heart on her back. Why is it a heart not a cosmic logo of some sort? And does Peach and Daisy have a heart on their back too?

And also I really love the sig you made. If you have time can you help me make one?(The characters are in the comments that I posted on your profile.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Since The Rosalina AI started the trend , i just wanted to follow her footsteps and try this combination just because ....

And i love how it looks on her ♥

Well I just feel that you are really my friend if you added me as a friend in Smashboards, you can just click on my profile page and accept me as a friend.(If this doesn't bother you), it has been nice chatting with you here in the Rosalina dicussion thread :)

Now back to Rosalina, seeing the photos you take I notice the heart on her back. Why is it a heart not a cosmic logo of some sort? And does Peach and Daisy have a heart on their back too?
The heart logo is on all the biker suits , Daisy and Peach and PGP have on too.

It was in MKWii , just not as noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The heart logo is on all the biker suits , Daisy and Peach and PGP have on too.

It was in MKWii , just not as noticeable.
I had not played MK Wii for a long time because my MK Wii is downloaded and burned on a CD and with a Wii with a hacked ROM. Now the MK Wii software crashes I will either burn a new one or buy a Wii U(I haven't got Rosalina yet :( )

Hey, did I add your 3ds FC? If not here is mine:1521-3033-2948(My 3ds FC list is nearly full but two still haven't add me.)
One question for you: Will play the 3ds online immediately or later? And which character will you be mained with?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's too bad that Mario Kart 8's Monster wheels are quite lackluster in the stat department. But I guess the main reason for why a CPU Rosalina tends to use those wheels a lot has to do with the weight class that's she's placed in.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm actually wondering now... I don't think CPU use any type of DLC vehicles at all. I hope this changes when the batch of DLC for November comes out because seeing the same stale vehicles for CPU is pretty meh.

andimidna

Smash Master
Satisfied with Rosalina in Smash 4? Want to show or explain your support/fandom?

Then visit the Rate Their Chances Thread any time tomorrow, to rate your satisfaction of her, and other newcomers if you want!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm actually wondering now... I don't think CPU use any type of DLC vehicles at all. I hope this changes when the batch of DLC for November comes out because seeing the same stale vehicles for CPU is pretty meh.
I know what you mean there. It would really be neat if the Warp Star is a DLC vehicle part, as it might work quite well with Rosalina.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Satisfied with Rosalina in Smash 4? Want to show or explain your support/fandom?

Then visit the Rate Their Chances Thread any time tomorrow, to rate your satisfaction of her, and other newcomers if you want!
Is this some kind of a thread advertisment?LOL!
You don't really need to rate her satisfaction, we all like her in Smash Bros!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Some people think otherwise, however.
Well... these people are probably the ones who prefers another Mario character.
I really don't want to talk about the leak here cuz I don't want any debate and the game is coming out next week.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I know what you mean there. It would really be neat if the Warp Star is a DLC vehicle part, as it might work quite well with Rosalina.
I think it works really well too. The Warp Star part might be a glider since that seems to fit it well. If there's certain DLC vehicles based on Zelda, I might be tempted to use them with Rosalina since there could be something really good. However, when the 2nd batch of DLC comes out, I think the vehicle parts might fit Rosalina more because Animal Crossing has a good range of simplistic looking ones, and simplistic means almost everyone can fit its style.

Also, I really hope they announce Rosalina & Luma Amiibo during the Wii U release of Smash Bros. I really want to see what happens when I connect it to Mario Kart 8.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I had not played MK Wii for a long time because my MK Wii is downloaded and burned on a CD and with a Wii with a hacked ROM. Now the MK Wii software crashes I will either burn a new one or buy a Wii U(I haven't got Rosalina yet :( )

Hey, did I add your 3ds FC? If not here is mine:1521-3033-2948(My 3ds FC list is nearly full but two still haven't add me.)
One question for you: Will play the 3ds online immediately or later? And which character will you be mained with?
Maybe later since i have been hooked up with MK8 LOL
And i almost always play as Rosalina , but i do play as Peach too.
I'll check the 3ds FC List.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think it works really well too. The Warp Star part might be a glider since that seems to fit it well. If there's certain DLC vehicles based on Zelda, I might be tempted to use them with Rosalina since there could be something really good. However, when the 2nd batch of DLC comes out, I think the vehicle parts might fit Rosalina more because Animal Crossing has a good range of simplistic looking ones, and simplistic means almost everyone can fit its style.

Also, I really hope they announce Rosalina & Luma Amiibo during the Wii U release of Smash Bros. I really want to see what happens when I connect it to Mario Kart 8.
I don't really think it will work on Mario Kart 8, but maybe they will also release Mart Kart 8 Rosalina just like in her official main artwork. Just imagine when you got Bike Suit Rosalina amiibo figure? So coool.
My most wished amiibo figure has to be Mr. G&W amiibo figure because he will probably have figure with the lowset producing budget :)

Maybe later since i have been hooked up with MK8 LOL
And i almost always play as Rosalina , but i do play as Peach too.
I'll check the 3ds FC List.
Be sure to post your 3ds FC when you done checked.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
So Rosalina has been an orphan all this time? That sounds very depressing, especially if she has had to fend for herself.
Her willingness to leave her planet immediately to find the Luma's mother supports this. She wasn't leaving anyone alive behind, and was set on the Luma being with it's mother. She was innocent, and in denial.
And it only gets deeper when she becomes the mother of hundreds of Lumas. She cares for them, with the same love she never got a chance to grow up with.
There are theories that the part of the story with the Luma is only symbolic, and aren't part of her past, just representing it. But I like the story how it is. Either way, I need a Galaxy 3 that expands on this. Even if it's not regular for a Mario game, surely Nintendo's seen all the positive reactions.
Is this some kind of a thread advertisment?LOL!
You don't really need to rate her satisfaction, we all like her in Smash Bros!
Hey, I'm just a competitive fan, that's all. I want to see Rosalina get some love :)

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
After reading this, this gives me more hope that Rosalina will have her Cosmic Spirit as an alt...

Lots of details from NintendoEverything:

http://nintendoeverything.com/lots-of-super-smash-bros-for-3d...

• This is from a demo event in Japan
  • Someone provided some impressions
  • Peach's butt bomb is a lot stronger
  • Link has a red costume with markings underneath his eyes
  • Toon Link has the four swords colors and the old style Link color
  • There is no Outset Island Toon Link
  • Pac-Man is slow
  • Zelda has a white costume
  • Chrom appears in Robin's victory pose
  • Nintendo was very strict about pictures and video at the event
  • Olimar has an Alph alt
  • Fox has a Wolf palette swap
  • Glasses Pikachu confirmed
  • Fierce Deity Link confirmed
  • These other colors and costumes are rumored at the moment
  • Fire Peach is a Peach alt
  • Black and purple Yoshis confirmed
  • Palutena has a Viridi color scheme
  • Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight are Meta Knight alts
  • Shiny Charizard is an Charziard alt
  • Pac-Man can wear accessories

I'll be posting this information on threads that contain the characters mentioned and on the social thread. You can read in better detail by clicking on the link.

Rosalina looks really short here, due to the perspective maybe?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
After reading this, this gives me more hope that Rosalina will have her Cosmic Spirit as an alt...

• Pac-Man is slow
  • Olimar has an Alph alt
I'll be posting this information on threads that contain the characters mentioned and on the social thread. You can read in better detail by clicking on the link.

OMFG! FIRE PEACH ALT!!!! I think im dying!!!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I have a question about this thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalinas-complete-coverage-thread-opening-9-12.366494/

When we post images about Rosalina & Lumas attacks and such, will higher quality images replace the old ones? Also, will Rosalina & Luma be treated separately and joined by having their own attacks and stuff listed? Because I only notice that there's only a post that covers Rosalina's attacks and not Luma's. I suggest that to really go in depth with these characters, we should have a Rosalina post covering her moveset (which we have), a Luma post covering his moveset, and a Rosalina & Luma moveset covering both of their attacks when they aren't separated.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

• Pac-Man is slow
  • Olimar has an Alph alt

Oh my gosh, so many things, looks like Wolf is really going to get cut.
IS THIS THE WII U INTRO?! does it mean wii u will have cutscene?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

• Pac-Man is slow
  • Olimar has an Alph alt

It's the perspective. Otherwise, Link is somehow a lot shorter than Mario.

We all know Rosalina is only a hair below Bowser.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Oh my gosh, so many things, looks like Wolf is really going to get cut.
IS THIS THE WII U INTRO?! does it mean wii u will have cutscene?
It's a promotional video for Japan about the Mii Fighters showing Japanese celebrities.

So Game Theory is doing a two-parter on Rosalina:

I know this is late but I hate this guy. He creates the most ridiculous "theories" and uses it for clickbait and views to gain money, like most people on YouTube. On top of all of that, his voice is annoying.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I have a question about this thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalinas-complete-coverage-thread-opening-9-12.366494/

When we post images about Rosalina & Lumas attacks and such, will higher quality images replace the old ones? Also, will Rosalina & Luma be treated separately and joined by having their own attacks and stuff listed? Because I only notice that there's only a post that covers Rosalina's attacks and not Luma's. I suggest that to really go in depth with these characters, we should have a Rosalina post covering her moveset (which we have), a Luma post covering his moveset, and a Rosalina & Luma moveset covering both of their attacks when they aren't separated.
I was thinking about following the same trend as with the E3 2014 thread. You'd just have to mention if the attack damage output involves the Luma or not.

I'll likely be making some additional tweaks to the final build coverage thread before I open it for posting.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's a promotional video for Japan about the Mii Fighters showing Japanese celebrities.

I know this is late but I hate this guy. He creates the most ridiculous "theories" and uses it for clickbait and views to gain money, like most people on YouTube. On top of all of that, his voice is annoying.
AKB48 is very famous, especially in the far east. They also had sang "Sugar Rush" in Wreck-it Ralph.

Some of his theories are actually from many fan expeculations, rumors, even creepy pastas. He didn't make most of his theories by himself. And I think his voice is quite funny, so does the way he explains theories, at least he doesn't say any offensive words.
Here is an advice when you watch his videos, don't take his theories too seriously. If you don't really like his videos, just unsubscibe ad dislike then! Nobody will crticize you.
And:HEY! It is just a theory, a GAME THEORY!<<love his catch phrase.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The problem I have with his catchphrase is that it's used as a cop out for whenever he messes up.

Game Theory takes itself seriously. Yeah, it has jokes. But a lot of episodes, specifically the best ones, go into some really complicated areas and are trying to reveal an oversight on the part of a developer, or simply get people thinking. The "Mario is Mental!?" series is actually one of his best put together theories, because while Mario being a sociopath sounds completely absurd at first glance, especially in comparison to Rosalina being the daughter of Mario and Peach (people who don't know much about Rosalina to begin with might buy it since it's not that ridiculous before you analyse the details), it was actually a really well constructed theory that revealed a lot of things many people didn't know about, such as the back stories in the various Classic Donkey Kong games, and how they actually have a concrete connection to each other. He brought up actual obscure Mario trivia, and basically exposed a gigantic oversight in Nintendo's inconsistency with how they portray Mario. That series made Mario being a sociopath a completely valid and acceptable headcanon.

The Rosalina episode is just obnoxiously going against facts and making completely superficial observations on Rosalina's appearance, and likening her appearance to Peach more than he should be (they seriously don't look that similar, and I took some pictures of Peach and Daisy in MK8 yesterday that basically prove it through their biker outfits), and crying "GENETICS" to make the theory sound more legit to those who are blissfully unaware.

Game Theory used to be one of my favourite YouTube shows. It had the odd fumble (the episode where they claim Sonic is actually a lot slower than Mario was nearly as bad as this Rosalina episode), but in general, they had very good propositions to make.

They just seem to be making conspiracy theories for the sake of it at this point, with no solid points. Their series about the Wii U, and how it ends in "ALL GAMERZ ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM" is especially terrible, since it actually targets his own freakin' audience.

At least we still have Gaijin Goombah, who made a more legitimate theory about Rosalina and her Cat Suit. He still seems fine to me.

Laniv

Smash Champion

• Pac-Man is slow
  • Olimar has an Alph alt

Where did this... this masterpiece come from?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Zipzo said they didn't see an alt that looks like Cosmic Spirit Rosalina in the new demo. Don't know if they meant that they haven't seen all of her alts, or they have, but Cosmic Spirit simply isn't one.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It is understandable that we don't have that much information on Rosalina from the demo. After all, she is one of the harder characters to learn so of course people would be a little hesitant on using her. Especially when it's not easy to use the character casually.

I do hope we get some details on her remaining color swaps are. If there aren't anymore interesting ones, I'll probably stick to gold and white dress.

Sad no cosmic alt though. :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've seen some Miiverse drawings relating to Rosalina and Palutena. Coincidental perhaps, but they're both powerful entities after all.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
A friend of mine is a Palutena fanatic, and we're going to have a match once the game comes out, to decide who the superior goddess is. I'll post the results once the epic battle of grand proportion ends.

Biff

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've been lurking in this thread for a couple weeks and I enjoy reading all your analysis and speculation on Rosaluma.
I think that aside from Shulk and maybe Palutena there's no other character that comes close to being to being so technically complex so I'm very intersested in how Rosalina & Luma will be to play.

There's a lot of strengths to them from what we've seen, so I've been trying to think of what problems or weaknesses are going to balance it out. Would you guys agree that the #1 potential Rosaluma killer could be speed?

My thoughts are that if a fast opponent is able to get in between Rosa and Luma (due to a whiffed lumashot for example) he'll be able to overwhelm the player quite easily.
Rosalina herself is a large target and while her tilts have large hitboxes they might not be as fast as attacks from a character like Sonic. This seems like it would make her easy to combo as other large characters like Bowser & Dedede.

Too much aggressiveness against smaller and faster characters could be severely punished so keeping Luma close by in these matchups might be wise. (Custom moves like the big luma could also help in these matches)

What do you think?

(sorry for the wall of text)

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
A friend of mine is a Palutena fanatic, and we're going to have a match once the game comes out, to decide who the superior goddess is. I'll post the results once the epic battle of grand proportion ends.
Well , at least be sure to use Rosalina properly. You need to learn her basics and many things about her movesets before using her. And this is kinda required after Palutena was confirmed to be GREAT in the recent event. Just a thought :p :bee:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I do hope both Rosalina and Palutena become top tier characters.

Then we can see epic Rosalina vs. Palutena finals in tournaments. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom