• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
Well , at least be sure to use Rosalina properly. You need to learn her basics and many things about her movesets before using her. And this is kinda required after Palutena was confirmed to be GREAT in the recent event. Just a thought :p :bee:
I sub mained Ganondorf back in Brawl and won most of my rounds, I think I'll do fine. One thing to is it's not going to be super competitive, probably the first thing we're doing in the game (assuming our characters are starters), so no practice for either of us.

Unfortunately I won't be recording it, but our future rematch in the Wii U version will be recorded. I'm thinking of starting a silly video series were I challenge random people to three matches, they choose the first event, second is mii vs mii, third is their main vs mine over commentary and petty insults, so I'll be putting a lot of Rosalina videos up online.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I sub mained Ganondorf back in Brawl and won most of my rounds, I think I'll do fine. One thing to is it's not going to be super competitive, probably the first thing we're doing in the game (assuming our characters are starters), so no practice for either of us.

Unfortunately I won't be recording it, but our future rematch in the Wii U version will be recorded. I'm thinking of starting a silly video series were I challenge random people to three matches, they choose the first event, second is mii vs mii, third is their main vs mine over commentary and petty insults, so I'll be putting a lot of Rosalina videos up online.
Well , i'll be sure to watch that when the game comes out :)

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Hooray for Laura!!! Happy to see her back. Did you guys see that Rosalina is going to get her actual Fire Costume along with the inverted one? It showed in the demo. HYPE
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b...oads/821C360D-F79B-4E4B-A2DE-5530B98AA961.jpg {That's the pic, the image is kinda big} I wonder if they realized they got the Fire Costume wrong and just updated it or if the inverted Fire Suit and her regular Fire Suit are 2 different costumes.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hooray for Laura!!! Happy to see her back. Did you guys see that Rosalina is going to get her actual Fire Costume along with the inverted one? It showed in the demo. HYPE
So that means how many color swap are there now?

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
Fire Rosalina, Fierce Diety Link, Alph, this is better than most of the recent Pic of the Days, ha ha! I'm probably mostly using Fire Rosalina now, HUZZAH!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Let's see...Default, Gold, Pink, Green, Inverted Fire, and Fire. That's six. There is still hope for Cosmic Rosalina!
Seeing Cosmic Rosalina in HD will be so cool!
Fire Rosalina, Fierce Diety Link, Alph, this is better than most of the recent Pic of the Days, ha ha! I'm probably mostly using Fire Rosalina now, HUZZAH!
Speaking of pic of the day, what will Sakurai post and do at the last week of Smash Bros 3DS release? I'm so curious.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't tell what voice actor that @ ChikoLad ChikoLad and @ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle likes because their comment are too complicated.
You guys,debate but don't argue. This issue to me I am just curious of you guys thoughts about Rosalina's voice? Does she really sounds too "Peachy" in MK8 and SM3DW?To me all of her voice actor are all great.
I love Mercedes and Laura equally, and I wasn't too big on Kerri's past performances, though thought she could do fine if given more time.

I don't think Laura sounded too high or like Peach at all. I can do an impression of Peach despite being male because her voice is so insanely high pitched (I can do really high pitched and really low pitched voices, if that's pretty much all they are defined by e.g. Yoshi or Peach for high pitched). I won't ever be able to do Laura's (or Mercedes') Rosalina, because it's a much more refined (realistic, even) voice, that doesn't go to any extremes (even Rosalina's high pitched voice clips aren't to an extreme - you can even hear the break in her voice when Laura does the higher pitched Rosalina quotes, which is a note of the maturity difference between Rosalina and Peach, and she sounds quieter). That's why I find it absurd to compare Laura's Rosalina to Peach. The latter is high to a real extreme that anyone capable of doing extremely cartoony/comical voices can pull it off.

------------

I guess it's cool that we sort of got Fire Rosalina...except no ponytail. :\

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I guess I just find it odd as to why the names are written in English and not Japanese, regardless of Japanese name vocals traslated to English. Why not ロゼッタ&チコ instead of Rosetta & Chiko?
It's just because it's pop culture in Japan. They like to spell things in English, and in anime, they say things in English for things if they shout attacks. In Japan, there's tons of things spelled with the Latin alphabet. The symbol "&" is exactly used there as it is here. In-game, it is spelled both "ロゼッタ&チコ" and "Rosetta & Chiko."

As for Rosalina's voice actress, I don't mindt oo much. The main problem I had was with the fact Nintendo removed Rosalina's signature echo, which is primarily why Mercedes' voice is amazing. However, it seems they brought it back for Smash Bros. but the echo isn't as strong as Mario Kart Wii, which is fine. So I'm happy.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I love Mercedes and Laura equally, and I wasn't too big on Kerri's past performances, though thought she could do fine if given more time.

I don't think Laura sounded too high or like Peach at all. I can do an impression of Peach despite being male because her voice is so insanely high pitched (I can do really high pitched and really low pitched voices, if that's pretty much all they are defined by e.g. Yoshi or Peach for high pitched). I won't ever be able to do Laura's (or Mercedes') Rosalina, because it's a much more refined (realistic, even) voice, that doesn't go to any extremes (even Rosalina's high pitched voice clips aren't to an extreme - you can even hear the break in her voice when Laura does the higher pitched Rosalina quotes, which is a note of the maturity difference between Rosalina and Peach, and she sounds quieter). That's why I find it absurd to compare Laura's Rosalina to Peach. The latter is high to a real extreme that anyone capable of doing extremely cartoony/comical voices can pull it off.

------------

I guess it's cool that we sort of got Fire Rosalina...except no ponytail. :\
Guess you're right, I don't hear her voice much these days.
And I don't really want to pick your bone but when you quote my comment why do you take out my username on the quote? I can't know you quoted my comment if you do that.
It's just because it's pop culture in Japan. They like to spell things in English, and in anime, they say things in English for things if they shout attacks. In Japan, there's tons of things spelled with the Latin alphabet. The symbol "&" is exactly used there as it is here. In-game, it is spelled both "ロゼッタ&チコ" and "Rosetta & Chiko."

As for Rosalina's voice actress, I don't mindt oo much. The main problem I had was with the fact Nintendo removed Rosalina's signature echo, which is primarily why Mercedes' voice is amazing. However, it seems they brought it back for Smash Bros. but the echo isn't as strong as Mario Kart Wii, which is fine. So I'm happy.
Sure is.
Echo voice makes her sounded like a goddess if you ask me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Peach has a Fire Peach dress too, it was confirmed yesterday. Like Rosalina though, she doesn't get the ponytail.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's nice to know that Rosalina is gettin her actual Recolor for the Fire costume!
Also I'm glad Laura is returning! Yay for consistency ; i wonder how she will sound this time! Is now all a mystery!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Peach has a Fire Peach dress too, it was confirmed yesterday. Like Rosalina though, she doesn't get the ponytail.
The ponytail likely would've required some additional model rigging, and based on what I've seen in Brawl, all recolors have to use the exact same bone structure for the animations to work properly for them.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's kinda ''meh'' that neither will have a Ponytail ;/
But at least we get the recolors!
i want to say the best part about the emails was reading the replies! especially Kerri's since she showed interest in Rosalina as a character! Yay for Her!
Now i finally settled this down and solved the mystery , Thanks Me♥♥♥

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The ponytail likely would've required some additional model rigging, and based on what I've seen in Brawl, all recolors have to use the exact same bone structure for the animations to work properly for them.
This game is on a completely different engine though. And we've already seen examples of characters getting different alts like that anyway.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I was really hoping for a ponytail hairdo. Oh well, we have great colour schemes, at least.

A part of me was hoping Luma was going to have its colour be the same Rosalina's currently assigned dress. They look great when in a matching pair together, and it would help ease confusion in inevitable Rosalina mirror matches.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
If an image isn't working, upload it onto an image hosting site. That's what I end up doing when adding new images.
Hey @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy , I Just want you to know that it was a really nice idea to update a thread about Rosalina covering every point related to her being smash.

That being said , i already gathered the info about Laura Faye Smith confirming her return as her voice , just in case you want to add some related info to that once it opens , a day before the japanese release.

Thanks for reading :colorful:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy , I Just want you to know that it was a really nice idea to update a thread about Rosalina covering every point related to her being smash.

That being said , i already gathered the info about Laura Faye Smith confirming her return as her voice , just in case you want to add some related info to that once it opens , a day before the japanese release.

Nice.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

The new coverage thread will be covering Rosalina from the actual game, instead of from the demos, which is why it's closed until 9/12.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The new coverage thread will be covering Rosalina from the actual game, instead of from the demos, which is why it's closed until 9/12.
I know , i just wanted to tell you that it's nice that you keep things updated :/
And that Rosalina's voice actor will be Laura in the FINAL game according to Laura herself , that's all

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know , i just wanted to tell you that it's nice that you keep things updated :/
And that Rosalina's voice actor will be Laura in the FINAL game according to Laura herself , that's all
I'll be sure to add that information on the thread's opening day. Of course, depending on what events are going on in my personal life, there might be some delays, in terms of me updating the coverage information.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ironically, the blue shorts & top Samus from Fusion was given a ponytail even though she didn't have one in Fusion's endings, while Fire Rosalina wasn't given a ponytail even though she actually had one... Ah well, beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ironically, the blue shorts & top Samus from Fusion was given a ponytail even though she didn't have one in Fusion's endings, while Fire Rosalina wasn't given a ponytail even though she actually had one... Ah well, beggars can't be choosers I guess.
Umm , it's not ironic when the model for Zamus in Smash always had a Ponytail ; they just didn't change it , the same case of Rosalina and Peach . They focused in the costume , not the hairstyles.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I know that and get why they did it and all. Just saying though.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Well, I'm on the middle of the fence about Laura voicing Rosalina this time around because I really liked her work on Super Mario 3D World, but I absolutely hated her in Mario Kart 8. She sounded way too much like Peach with that "WEEEE!!". That's just NOT Rosalina. I hope she doesn't mess this one up.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Sailor Rosalina (By Me) Confirmed ♥

Well, I'm on the middle of the fence about Laura voicing Rosalina this time around because I really liked her work on Super Mario 3D World, but I absolutely hated her in Mario Kart 8. She sounded way too much like Peach with that "WEEEE!!". That's just NOT Rosalina. I hope she doesn't mess this one up.
Well , in her defense she is just a sweetheart! and also has a pretty voice so maybe if they add the echo , it'd get better.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, she does sounded like Peach in MK8, a little.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be fair, Rosalina grew up alongside a bunch of star children; without her mother, Rosalina never fully matured, and as such, can still act childish at times.

C3CC

Smash Lord
To be fair, Rosalina grew up alongside a bunch of star children; without her mother, Rosalina never matured completely, and as such, can still act childish at times.
Mmmm... I don't want to be mean, but I don't care about any of those fan theories. I just dislike the way she sounds in Mario Kart 8, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom