• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What annoys me about that video is that while people are beginning to doubt Rosalina could be Peach's daughter, they are then assuming the two are sisters, which is no more logical an assumption given the facts I've already provided.

----------

So today's pic of the day confirmed that every character on the roster has 8 total costumes, which can include colour swaps, texture swaps, or model swaps, as we've seen in the past.

We know of 5 of Rosalina's costumes:

-Green-tinted gown
-Pink gown
-Gold gown
-White gown with red secondary details

That leaves 3 costumes for Rosalina that we still don't know about.

I'm still holding out hope for both Cosmic Spirit Rosalina and Biker Rosalina (the latter I wouldn't mind seeing an updated design for, maybe to make it look more like a battle outfit - give her some fantastical armour plating or something). That still leaves one costume though, even if we get those two. They could go with Fire Rosalina if they really wanted to show us some love, ponytail and all. Though I think getting the Fire Rosalina gown without the ponytail is a given at the very least.
Since every character has eight color swap, why don't Sakurai make Black Pit as alt. costume? I know it is possible that Black Pit can have different movesets, but he will still have the same model, same physical movests. Dr.Mario he has to be an alt. costume, I can't think of any moveset for him.
I will be very excited to see Rosalina wearing Bike suit in Smash, but...... probably not.
Game Theory tried to chalk that up to inconsistency on the part of promotional material displaying "right hand bias". But even without the promotional material, she still uses her right and when commanding the Observatory to take off (in the cutscene befor Bowser's Galaxy Generator, and in the 120 Star Ending), even though she holds the wand in her left hand when idle. She also holds it in her right hand in Mario Golf: World Tour. And then instances of her using her left hand actively in activities that require co-ordination include Smash Bros, and Mario Kart 8 (holds items in her left hand).
About the video that you guys talk about I think it was not bad, of course some of it's theory video ridiculous like "Mario is a Communist" or "Bowser is dead" theory, however, I don't know why MatPat explained this with scientific stuff, Mario World is a cartoon world, every human ears are all the same (Except Wario and Waluigi). What about Luigi and Daisy? The have same ears too, so using gene idea is really a bit ridiculous.
The right-left hand idea also doesn't work. Not just Rosalina, Link also changes the way he holds his swords in every game,but seriously that's not mean her and Link are ambidextrous!, for example:
Hyrule Warriors(Left Hand)

Original Legend of Zelda

And here is the small trivia of Rosalina from Mario Wiki related to this thoery, which disproves MatPat's theory :
"Rosalina is always depicted as right-handed in artwork, but she is always depicted as left-handed in-game, with a few exceptions. In Mario Golf: World Tour, the player can choose if Rosalina is left- or right-handed, and Rosalina holds her wand with her right hand during cutscenes in Super Mario Galaxy."

So is a better explanation of this right-left hand bias theory:
Rosalina is left handed in the game but right hand in her artwork in cutscenes is just because western people like heros being right handed, while left handed being asumed as rare and a devil side. In Mario Golf World tour it is just an nice option that you can change it's character side is some left hand people used to. So that's why Link is left-handed in most games while some worldwide games Link is right handed.
I just love this motto:Hey, it's just a theory, a GAME THEORY!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, Link is pretty consistently portrayed as left-handed. They made him right-handed in Wii Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword because the Wii Remote is always held in the player's right hand. It's a very obvious exception made for game mechanic reasons. Any other time (including the GameCube version of Twilight Princess), Link is left-handed.

The picture you posted above is actually mirrored, and is a fan made wallpaper. Here's the original artwork:

So yeah, Link is always left-handed, unless it's necessary for him to be right handed due to the Wii Remote.

Rosalina, on the other hand (no pun intended), switches hands whenever she wants, with no rhyme or reason for it, so she is ambidextrous.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Actually, Link is pretty consistently portrayed as left-handed. They made him right-handed in Wii Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword because the Wii Remote is always held in the player's right hand. It's a very obvious exception made for game mechanic reasons. Any other time (including the GameCube version of Twilight Princess), Link is left-handed.

The picture you posted above is actually mirrored, and is a fan made wallpaper. Here's the original artwork:

So yeah, Link is always left-handed, unless it's necessary for him to be right handed due to the Wii Remote.

Rosalina, on the other hand (no pun intended), switches hands whenever she wants, with no rhyme or reason for it, so she is ambidextrous.
Oh, hehehe sorry, but I really know that Link sometime switches hands in some games.
It is kind of odd to see Rosalina switch hands in game, it is also said ambidextrous are wiser than ones who only use it's mained hand.
But just like you I don't really think this is a support case to prove that Rosalina is Mario and Peaches daughter.
Add can you add me as a friend in Smashboards @ ChikoLad ChikoLad please? Since you had added my 3ds FC and often chat with tou in Rosalina Discussion thread, I really hope we can be Smash Bros pen pal now.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I love Rosalina, but $25 is kinda pricey for a plush...I think I'll wait it out.
Also watched GameTheory's Rosalina vid...liked the things that he said about Rosalina but his theories were...questionable.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I love Rosalina, but $25 is kinda pricey for a plush...I think I'll wait it out.
Also watched GameTheory's Rosalina vid...liked the things that he said about Rosalina but his theories were...questionable.
We don't know much about Rosalina's past(yet), so is the GameTheory's MatPat. I think we will know her past really soon, so don't really take this video seriously, especially in a gaming world which there are a lot of things that doesn't make any sense.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I loooove taking screenshots in MK8 and editing them!

Especially of Rosalina , she just looks classy and pretty. The prancer really suits the Princesses and Rosalina , it has all of the colors ! Ligh Blue , Orange and Pink!

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle Did you make your Rosalina avatar from your own screenshot? I love the way it looks! It's so shiny and pretty... Did you edit it to look that way?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
@ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle Did you make your Rosalina avatar from your own screenshot? I love the way it looks! It's so shiny and pretty... Did you edit it to look that way?
Yes i did <3
It's also my Iphone's screensaver , it looks pretty!
Here's the original picture , i liked it soooo much

Rosalina looks extremely pretty in the Badwagn with the Mercedes tires , and the background of Music Park is quite a catch!
Everytime i look into my replays i try to get the best angles! XD

Also i love your picture! Pearl <3<3

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Yes i did <3
It's also my Iphone's screensaver , it looks pretty!
Here's the original picture , i liked it soooo much

Rosalina looks extremely pretty in the Badwagn with the Mercedes tires , and the background of Music Park is quite a catch!
Everytime i look into my replays i try to get the best angles! XD

Also i love your picture! Pearl <3<3
I'm totally saving this. Thanks! <3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've always liked to pair Rosalina with the Biddybuggy, since its blue coloring, along with the Azure Roller wheels, really reference the colors that Rosalina's clothes and accessories have. The Parachute does add to the color references as well.

And of course, it makes Rosalina feel like a child again, which seems quite appropriate for her child-like voice clips.

Edit: Another screenshot.

Edit 2: Something went wrong with the image URL links. I had to change them a bit.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I've always liked to pair Rosalina with the Biddybuggy, since its blue coloring, along with the Azure Roller wheels, really reference the colors that Rosalina's clothes and accessories have. The Parachute does add to the color references as well.

And of course, it makes Rosalina feel like a child again, which seems quite appropriate for her child-like voice clips.

I thought the same actually , i love to Create combinations with only Blue tones for Rosalina since it suits her perfectly
like the Pipe Frame with Blue Standards and MKTV Parafoil for example , Team Blue !

Also i think her voice is softer in this game. Sure , it's higher pitched but it's also quite silent , since many Sounds she makes are quite soft sounding. i love when i hit someone and she is like ''Ah....!''

Moderator Edit: Broken image in the quote fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Edit: Another screenshot.

Is it more easy to save screenshot on the Wii U?
Man! I SO want to play Mario Kart 8!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Now although this picture doesn't show Rosalina's actual personality, the artist tries to draw characters in the Mercedes DLC as more realistic, like drawing Mario from the Mercedes DLC commercial. Basically he puts realistic aspects on characters (smaller, actual human-sized eyes).

This isn't realistic, even though Wario's in the 300 SL.

One more example.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did make a drawing in response to one of my own screenshots yesterday.

Rosalina doesn't do death stares, and yet the Mii is still irritated by her.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I think everyone would be irritated by the Miis instead. They are suuuuper obnoxious.:crazy:
Well I tend to be pretty obnoxious and trollish when I use Pink Gold Peach with this combo simply because she is the troll character. The Mercedes DLC makes her even more obnoxious.

I only use this combo if I'm playing with All Items, not Frantic. If I am playing Frantic, I'll always use Rosalina and this combo.

It's perfect for Frantic mode because after I get hit or bump into a wall, I can always get back in the race with 4 bars of acceleration.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whenever I use Rosalina, I tend to always use the following combination...

Yes, I'm well-aware of the acceleration tier system, but I have my reasons for using the above combo, which I've already pointed out on an earlier post; blue kart, turquoise wheels, and many color references to Rosalina's clothing and accessories.

And of course, I prefer using Rosalina with karts than with bikes or ATVs, simply because I like her dress way more.

If you're curious about why I chose the Azure Roller over the Wood, Sponge, or Cushion wheels, you can always refer to my Vehicle Parts Review post at the Mario Kart General Discussion thread.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice

My typical set up. I just like how this set up looks, though I wish the bike's color changed depending on character.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
This is my personal combination for almost everything! Princess Orange for the win! it matches perfectly for Rosalina!

+
+
+

Or This one :

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Did anybody notice that Since MK7 , the Rosalina AI looooves to use the Monster tires (The blue ones especifically) with everything? specially with Karts?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did anybody notice that Since MK7 , the Rosalina AI looooves to use the Monster tires (The blue ones especifically) with everything? specially with Karts?
Yeah. I honestly like giving her the biggest, baddest vehicles when it comes to aesthetics.

------

For any of you guys who still have not bought Super Mario 3D World, it's now on sale on the eShop - by virtue of Rosalina being a Smash newcomer:

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers#week01

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So on KYM, there's an image getting likes pretty well and it has some mild language, but the spelling is partly severe that it's kinda okay.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/818575-super-smash-brothers - hold ur tears feggit

Obivously Luma wouldn't act like that under the supervision of Rosalina, but Luma would probably be like that if it were raised by someone different. Anyways, people still think Rosalina & Luma are top tier and better than Meta Knight.

Here's another one involving Rosalina & Luma again, putting them as a substitute / clone of Ice Climbers, but it's just to poke fun.
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/820342-super-smash-brothers

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I noticed this since MK7 , It's quite interesting:

An old screenshot from MK7:

And the races i just had ....

So on KYM, there's an image getting likes pretty well and it has some mild language, the spelling is partly severe that it's kinda okay.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/818575-super-smash-brothers - hold ur tears feggit

Obivously Luma wouldn't act like that under the supervision of Rosalina, but Luma would probably be like that if it were raised by someone different. Anyways, people still think Rosalina & Luma are top tier and better than Meta Knight.

Here's another one involving Rosalina & Luma again, putting them as a substitute / clone of Ice Climbers, but it's just to poke fun.
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/820342-super-smash-brothers
fans in a nutshell.

ugh , i think i'm sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Most heavyweights are rather fond of the Monster wheels in Mario Kart 8, so it's not just limited to Rosalina. Of course, a CPU Rosalina does occasionally use the Pipe Frame, while it's equipped with the Standard wheels.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was kinda hoping they would announce a Rosalina costume in the Bayonetta 2 Direct, but alas, no dice.

It would make sense though, since they are both extremely tall, sexy amazon ladies.

Maybe one of Jeanne's costumes will be Rosalina, since Jeanne has her hair cover her right eye, just like Rosalina.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I was kinda hoping they would announce a Rosalina costume in the Bayonetta 2 Direct, but alas, no dice.

It would make sense though, since they are both tall sexy ladies.

Maybe one of Jeanne's costumes will be Rosalina, since Jeanne has her hair cover her right eye, just like Rosalina.
That would make the most sense. Besides, not all costumes have been shown off, so there's still a chance.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No offense, but I don't like the idea of seeing a Rosalina-themed outfit in Bayonetta 2.

Yeah. I honestly like giving her the biggest, baddest vehicles when it comes to aesthetics.
I try to be the complete opposite with Rosalina, typically focusing more on cute-like vehicles. Of course, that type of luxury was never available for her in Mario Kart Wii, and I could never really use the Birthday Girl seriously in Mario Kart 7.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
No offense, but I don't like the idea of seeing a Rosalina-themed outfit in Bayonetta 2.

I try to be the complete opposite with Rosalina, typically focusing more on cute-like vehicles. Of course, that type of luxury was never available for her in Mario Kart Wii, and I could never really use the Birthday Girl seriously in Mario Kart 7.
i disagree. The Honeycoupe (Rosalina's version) was the probably the classiest Kart in the game , at least for her.
The Birthday girl was a joke in PINK . Daisy's , Rosalina's and HQ's recolors were way better .

besides , it's not like MK8 has MANY vehicles that suit her well.

The biddybuggy , for example ... looks so anti-Rosalina ... it suits Baby Rosalina better.
in a kart , Rosalina looks better in the Bandwagon or in the Sports Coupe , IMO.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm partly on the same boat with you. I don't like the idea of seeing costume themed after Rosalina, yet if it were to happen, I can easily accept it (but I won't necessarily like it).
i'm indifferent , but it's funny since there's a PEACH themed costume.

Peach's main dress is way way way more reserved than Rosalina's.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
i'm indifferent , but it's funny since there's a PEACH themed costume.

Peach's main dress is way way way more reserved than Rosalina's.
You know, I think that fits better, indifferent. I think that's the way I actually see it.

Also, I really liked the Honeycoupe for Rosalina back in MKW. When I coupled it with special stats through hacks, raising all of them by the same amount, the Honeycoupe felt like a true vehicle overall with its tighter turning on courses with asphalt.

When it comes to the Biddybuggy, I prefer it more or less because of its identical stats to Mr. Scooty. However, because it looks a lot bigger, I think it may have a bigger hitbox than Mr. Scooty, so I'll pick the bike. As for how the Biddybuggy looks for Rosalina, I think it works just fine. There's nothing good or bad about it, it's neutral to me. Other heavy weights like Bowser or Wario look kinda charming in a funny way when using it.

As for Peach's and Rosalina's dress, Peach has a more regal look, while Rosalina maintains more of an elegant look, in my opinion.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina wears something more akin to a night gown that a woman might sleep in.

I would really like to see a Rosalina costume in Bayonetta though. A biker Rosalina alt could work incredibly well for Jeanne, since she wears one as is. It would be a nice curveball to surprise a lot of people.

As far as MK vehicles go, I think bigger vehicles and cool bikes suit Rosalina best, since her MK bios imply so. I like the idea of her using the racetrack to cut loose.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i disagree. The Honeycoupe (Rosalina's version) was the probably the classiest Kart in the game , at least for her.
There's also the Shooting Star, but the only acceleration reliant vehicles that Rosalina could use were the Offroader and Wario Bike, and neither of them seemed suited for Rosalina.

The Birthday girl was a joke in PINK . Daisy's , Rosalina's and HQ's recolors were way better .
Despite those color changes though, the Birthday Girl was mostly a joke, as it was inferior to the likes of the Egg 1.

besides , it's not like MK8 has MANY vehicles that suit her well.
Maybe not, but some of the vehicles do come close.

The biddybuggy , for example ... looks so anti-Rosalina ... it suits Baby Rosalina better.
Like I've said before, the Biddybuggy does make Rosalina feel like a child again. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

in a kart , Rosalina looks better in the Bandwagon or in the Sports Coupe , IMO.
I feel that the Badwagon seems more appropriate for someone like Roy Koopa. Yeah I know that Rosalina was using the Badwagon on Mario Kart 8's box art, but its looks just don't look right for Rosalina; "Rosalina" and "bad" just don't mix well together for my tastes.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So before I was against the idea of Baby Rosalina. But then I unlocked her. Then I realized.

My god she is adorable. Haven't actually used her yet but will try her out, even though lightweights are apparently useless.

Btw, how are all of you taking these screenshots anyway?

I can't say what my favorite kart combination is because I haven't unlocked that many.

Though, Rosalina on the Comet looks cool.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I had no idea which kart you were talking about when you mentioned Birthday Girl so I looked it up and the name was changed in PAL regions to be the Royal Ribbon (I'll also say it right here and now that Melody Motorway is a much better name than Music Park). The Honeycoupe was renamed Dragonetti here which sounds much cooler.
Also I use Peach or Rosi in the Royal RIbbon along with the Monster Wheels every single time I play MK7 (it was a pretty cute kart and it felt balanced).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom