• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually, I could probably get some clean Rosalina voice clips from SM3DW. I simply have to go to a place where there is no background noise or music, and record a video with my Elgato, cut it up, and turn it into an audio file. Then, I edit the sound to give it that echo.

I might do this in a bit.
I Actually did this already :p

I recommend the level with Snow , the one where you have to find the Key-coins with Peepas.
i believe is World Star-8 ; but if there's any other level without Loud music , it could be the place in the sky after the Final battle .

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I Actually did this already :p

I recommend the level with Snow , the one where you have to find the Key-coins with Peepas.
i believe is World :starman::starman::starman::starman:
I was actually thinking the area right before you fight Bowser in World 1. There is absolutely no music there, and the ambiance is negligible.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd definitely use her regular color, her white and red color, and the gold.

Here's a quote I really like from a YouTube video:

"You know...One of the reasons I admire Rosalina so much is because of the colossal sacrifice she chooses to make every 100 years...I'm sure she has to feel lonely at least at some point during those voyages.

She's alone in the observatory, with none others of her kind - her only company are the hundreds of star children she spends her time looking after, and they all look to her as a mother...

It has to be difficult for her to leave her home planet, with the knowledge that another chance to see it won't come until the beginning of the next century...Yet, out of her never-ending love for the Lumas, she still does it...

...It makes me fear what will happen when her game ends...I mean, odds are she'll probably go alone, in some other distant part of the cosmos, leaving behind a handful of children who have no one else to go to...It seems like such a sad and lonely state of existence, for all of them.."
An interesting quote there. Though I think that Rosalina's cycle with the Lumas will probably be endless; she'll always have Lumas to take care of.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
An interesting quote there. Though I think that Rosalina's cycle with the Lumas will probably be endless; she'll always have Lumas to take care of.
You know, I think even if Rosalina wasn't there, the cycle could still repeat. Another person might find a lost Luma and they would help them find their mama, and eventually, they might build up a family again.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Spiny Shell Glitch

"Spiny Shell Glitch? So this Spiny Shell is approaching me, Rosalina, and I get worried..."

"... so I embrace myself for a massive explosion..."

"...but then it suddenly disappears into thin air?!"

"I'm relieved that I'm unharmed and still 1st..."

"...but unfortunately, after all the chaos I delt with, I got 8th and lost the race."

This was a really rare occurrence to happen online. I don't know how it happened though.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just got off a MK8 session myself.

I hate when you are way out in front for the entire race and then a bunch of crap comes out of nowhere at the final stretch, and you're all of sudden at the back of the pack. My Rosie took a beating, but I won a lot of races and earned a lot of VR today.

Also, I took on and survived a dogpile of 5 or 6 other racers bumping into me a once in Bowser's Castle, some of them being heavy characters. Rosalina really can tough it out, as her bios imply.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'd definitely use her regular color, her white and red color, and the gold.

Here's a quote I really like from a YouTube video:

"You know...One of the reasons I admire Rosalina so much is because of the colossal sacrifice she chooses to make every 100 years...I'm sure she has to feel lonely at least at some point during those voyages.

She's alone in the observatory, with none others of her kind - her only company are the hundreds of star children she spends her time looking after, and they all look to her as a mother...

It has to be difficult for her to leave her home planet, with the knowledge that another chance to see it won't come until the beginning of the next century...Yet, out of her never-ending love for the Lumas, she still does it...

...It makes me fear what will happen when her game ends...I mean, odds are she'll probably go alone, in some other distant part of the cosmos, leaving behind a handful of children who have no one else to go to...It seems like such a sad and lonely state of existence, for all of them.."
Whoa! What Youtube video is this ? Can you show me the link?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just got off a MK8 session myself.

I hate when you are way out in front for the entire race and then a bunch of crap comes out of nowhere at the final stretch, and you're all of sudden at the back of the pack. My Rosie took a beating, but I won a lot of races and earned a lot of VR today.

Also, I took on and survived a dogpile of 5 or 6 other racers bumping into me a once in Bowser's Castle, some of them being heavy characters. Rosalina really can tough it out, as her bios imply.
It does depend on how heavy Rosalina's vehicle is though. If her combo's weight is only around average, then even the lightweights could potentially push her around.

Strangely, I've seen players get a huge lead, and managing to keep it wire to wire. Why some players are luckier than others can be quite baffling sometimes.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Whoa! What Youtube video is this ? Can you show me the link?
It was a music video that's been extended:

Here's another quote from there (not related to Rosalina entirely):

"Loving your family, even if they're not exactly the most well-respected people, is actually something that comes very easily...We would do more for them than many of us realize.

All you need is to focus on the good things they do...because in every person in this world is something amazing and beautiful...something worth noticing above all other things, good or bad...That's sometimes what loving your family is all about... ;)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It was a music video that's been extended:

Here's another quote from there (not related to Rosalina entirely):

"Loving your family, even if they're not exactly the most well-respected people, is actually something that comes very easily...We would do more for them than many of us realize.

All you need is to focus on the good things they do...because in every person in this world is something amazing and beautiful...something worth noticing above all other things, good or bad...That's sometimes what loving your family is all about... ;)
The user who wrote this this quote has to be someone who is logical and genuine, and by the way, this "Family" Soundtrack from Super Mario Galaxy is just touching, it make you think of your precious one whenever you hear it.

And speaking with my heart, I hope people don't just like Rosalina because she is hot or something, to me she is one if the female video game character to be respect with, and please I like Rosalina to be single(cuz she is a Mother), so I don't it's necessary expect who she should be with, Sakurai added her in Smash Bros because she one if the "Nintendo Greatest", Rosalina deserve to have this title.

Last edited:

AlisaYoon

Smash Rookie
I think that her victory screen looks fabulous! I also really like all the different colors they have given her for her color palette. I hope they will give her an alternate outfit like the "Cosmic Spirit".

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
See anything strange about this picture?

Apparently the Japanese text is plastered over Luma so he doesn't block it. Luma is so small though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>blocks the tiny little Luma so the text isn't obstructed
>lets the giant space woman cover nearly quarter of a letter

Well I won't complain too much. The main attraction is at least visible.

Also, I noticed @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's "quote" on the Wii U friends list, and how it says "Let's go!!". I don't know if it's the intention or if I just love Rosalina too much, but either way, I read it in Rosalina's voice in my head, like how she says it on the character select screen in MK8.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
>blocks the tiny little Luma so the text isn't obstructed
>lets the giant space woman cover nearly quarter of a letter

Well I won't complain too much. The main attraction is at least visible.

Also, I noticed @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's "quote" on the Wii U friends list, and how it says "Let's go!!". I don't know if it's the intention or if I just love Rosalina too much, but either way, I read it in Rosalina's voice in my head, like how she says it on the character select screen in MK8.
Plus, Link's sword is blocking the text too. -_-

So I'm guessing your on Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's Wii U Friends List? Well I did add him on my 3DS, so I should probably add him on the Wii U.

Also, I'd wanna race with you @ ChikoLad ChikoLad on MK8. I'll send you and @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy a friend request later today.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : I don't accept friend requests, so you'll have to input my NNID onto your Wii U manually.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad : My "Let's go!!" quote is more affiliated with Mario, since that's what he says in Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64. It's just coincidental that Rosalina says that quote herself as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought it might be that too, but I generally only think Mario if I see "Let's-a-go!" due to Super Mario 64 burning it into my mind with the way it's said.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's an amusing Rosalina-related drawing that I recently came across...

While the person didn't exactly get Peach's height and Rosalina's height correct, it's just very amusing how Rosalina stays so calm, while Zelda and Peach are very jealous about her size.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's one of my favourite Rosalina headcanons - I imagine that if anyone were jealous of her, she would be oblivious to it, and not realise it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think that her victory screen looks fabulous! I also really like all the different colors they have given her for her color palette. I hope they will give her an alternate outfit like the "Cosmic Spirit".

It's very rare to find HQ Rosalina victory poses. Because she rarely win at Treehouse Live @ E3, San Diego Comic Con and Smash Bros Invitational!
Here's an amusing Rosalina-related drawing that I recently came across...

While the person didn't exactly get Peach's height and Rosalina's height correct, it's just very amusing how Rosalina stays so calm, while Zelda and Peach are very jealous about her size.
Oh really?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah it is but those two screens there were actually from SDCC's live stream :) Here's one from the Treehouse @ E3
Yeah, and you should know that the person who use Rosalina is a guy called Bill from Nintendo Tree House, he likes to use Green Rosalina but he often loses, so I always have this in my mind (And probably everybody) when I watch the live stream: STOP USING ROSALINA BILL!You are gonna make her lose!
And the one who use Rosalina at Tree House Live@E3 is the one from Smash Bros Invitational right? He rocks! He's the first Rosalina pro!

Last edited:

Sensei

Smash Lord
Rosalina looks like a tough character to fight against if the opponent knows what to do. She can cover a lot of options. I wonder if she can wobble lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone on Tumblr submitted me the most perfect "my dash did a thing" in relation to Rosalina. I would post it here but it's sorta NSFW, but it's hilarious. :p

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Someone on Tumblr submitted me the most perfect "my dash did a thing" in relation to Rosalina. I would post it here but it's sorta NSFW, but it's hilarious. :p
I had to resort to googling your username to find your tumblr and see it, and I only have two words in response - dayum!

(Seriously, that's really funny.)

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I saw it. You know, Know Your Meme had a post with NSFW faces of all the characters that are confirmed and from the Gematsu Leak.

You won't see anything dirty, just really lewd faces. By the way, the Rosalina pic @ ChikoLad ChikoLad mentioned is also one of the lewd faces.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/802862-super-smash-brothers
Someone has posted all the character pic source on there, so if you want to check it... for reasons..., then go ahead.

What's crazy is that I know some of the artists who drew these pics and I've seen most of them before. >_<

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I saw it. You know, Know Your Meme had a post with NSFW faces of all the characters that are confirmed and from the Gematsu Leak.

You won't see anything dirty, just really lewd faces. By the way, the Rosalina pic @ ChikoLad ChikoLad mentioned is also one of the lewd faces.
But... she's topless in that one. And her hair is down. And her left hand is between her legs instead of under her chest. Everything else checks out though.

So, there's more versions of this image? I didn't know that. I guess the first is meant to be the SFW edition? With her remaining to lack panties and pulling a lewd face, I would say no. Google Image search came up with more alternatives, if anybody wants to try that out. None are able to be posted here, but hey, if someone wants a new avatar, she's smiling in a couple:

Now I'm going to stop talking about this before I break any rules...

Jumping back to the talk from a couple days ago, what would you guys deem a notable MK8 tournament worth investing time into? One with a few dozen people doing several races at any given time, or like 10 people racking up disposable points and goofing around in one room together?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/802862-super-smash-brothers
Someone has posted all the character pic source on there, so if you want to check it... for reasons..., then go ahead.

What's crazy is that I know some of the artists who drew these pics and I've seen most of them before. >_<
Huh, didn't know people here were following me on Tumblr. :p

Also the Captain Falcon picture in that image is perfect, he literally just has a neutral expression.

But... she's topless in that one. And her hair is down. And her left hand is between her legs instead of under her chest. Everything else checks out though.

So, there's more versions of this image? I didn't know that. I guess the first is meant to be the SFW edition? With her remaining to lack panties and pulling a lewd face, I would say no. Google Image search came up with more alternatives, if anybody wants to try that out. None are able to be posted here, but hey, if someone wants a new avatar, she's smiling in a couple:

Now I'm going to stop talking about this before I break any rules...

Jumping back to the talk from a couple days ago, what would you guys deem a notable MK8 tournament worth investing time into? One with a few dozen people doing several races at any given time, or like 10 people racking up disposable points and goofing around in one room together?
Yeah there's like over 6 different versions of the image. Some more NSFW than others. There are at least two versions of it though, that are safe to post. One where she's wearing a summer bikini and one where she's wearing a sweater.

The image in general is part of a pin-up series, and there are many variations of it, falling under summer, winter, and Halloween themes. Then from there, there are versions that mix up how revealed she is and whether or not she has the sweet smile or lusty face (I wouldn't exactly call it lewd), and the regular hairstyle or the ponytail.

...And if you're wondering how I know this, it's because I'm not joking when I say I love Rosalina in every possible way! :V

I do love fan art of her and I am down for looking at NSFW art of her and reblogging it on tumblr (though I tag it so people can blacklist it if they want). Really, as long as it's well drawn and doesn't cross a few specific lines, I love any and all fan art of Rosalina, SFW or not. I wouldn't ever post NSFW art of her on this website or any website besides my tumblr, nor do I intend to discuss it openly (beyond this informative post).

Though, I always have been tempted to change my avatar to one that is a cutout of her face from an NSFW piece, and see how people react to it, as I know that people tend to do that and it's always funny. However, I've grown attached to the avatar I have. :)

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So now that my Robin hype is back down, I'm back to having Rosalina & Luma as my mains. I'm still going use and love the heck out of Robin though.

The four characters I'm planning on using the most are:
1. Pikachu/Rosalina & Luma (Tied)
3. Robin (Male mostly)
4. Palutena

If we are talking about Victory screens, I converted a youtube video made a gif of Rosalina's a while ago:
RosalinaVictory.gif

I made it to use in my signature. I really like her victory screen. As well as the Power Star get music that accompanies it. <3

Anyway, I might go play Super Mario Galaxy soon. Or finally beat Paper Mario 64.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Generally try to avoid NSFW stuff of her too, but the artist of the image Krazy4Krash posted does some too good damn stuff for me to ignore, and used to be some of my previous avatar material, assuming we're talking about the same artist I think we are, who has that distinctive style with her facial expressions. :u

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, Sigurd Hosenfeld draws her really well now. His older pictures of her made her look a bit too much like Peach though. The more recent Rosalina stuff he makes is beautiful though, NSFW or not.

Though even when his art is SFW, it's usually meant to be a "less suggestive" version of something completely and undeniably hot and raunchy, and as such, I wouldn't really look at it in public or anything, or set it as a wallpaper, since the sexy/hentai connotations are still sort of there. Like so:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
SigurdHosenfeld really hasn't uploaded much stuff, if any now, but his anime-styled work has been quite good, despite often being suggestive.

Of course, some of his work is tolerable enough to not be considered suggestive, especially with some of his Rosalina artworks.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So now that my Robin hype is back down, I'm back to having Rosalina & Luma as my mains. I'm still going use and love the heck out of Robin though.

The four characters I'm planning on using the most are:
1. Pikachu/Rosalina & Luma (Tied)
3. Robin (Male mostly)
4. Palutena

If we are talking about Victory screens, I converted a youtube video made a gif of Rosalina's a while ago:
View attachment 21403
I made it to use in my signature. I really like her victory screen. As well as the Power Star get music that accompanies it. <3

Anyway, I might go play Super Mario Galaxy soon. Or finally beat Paper Mario 64.
It's very rare to see Rosalina's victory screen, because she loses often during E32014 and SDCC. Nice work!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A place called "Kings Rock Apparel" has been doing some typography shirts of various Smash Bros characters, and they got the Rosalina & Luma one up for sale now. Here's the design:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I came across a Rosalina comic that somewhat references the intro for The Super Mario Bros. Super Show; the part where some Koopa Troopas, King Koopa, Toad, and Princess Toadstool exit out a door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom