• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pfft, he just needs to work better when fighting DK and Wii Fit Trainer.

Olimar though, the guy can onch now, Its easy to see how Olimar can defeat Rosalina.

In all seriousness, How strong is Wii Fit Trainer? Is she good even with out her buff?

And how often have we seen gravitational pull used?
Wii Fit Trainer seems really solid and like she will easily be competitively viable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sun Salutation is apparently extremely devastating when she's buffed by Deep Breathing.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
On the flip side, don't know if you guys know about this or not but....

Finally! I was waiting for this, but then I forgot. Thanks for posting it. :D

Sun Salutation is apparently extremely devastating when she's buffed by Deep Breathing.
I think her setups could be quite devastating since she can plant/pitfall people into the ground, just like DK.
In the previous video I posted, Derrick also said that Wii Fit Trainer was his favorite too.

Does Rosalina have the ability to crouch-walk? During her reveal trailer it looked like Luigi was pushing her along the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just want to get this game already, And I wonder why Rosalina wasn't in the 3DS version while all the other newcomers were. I also noticed that Olimar wasn't on it as well. hmmm.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just want to get this game already, And I wonder why Rosalina wasn't in the 3DS version while all the other newcomers were. I also noticed that Olimar wasn't on it as well. hmmm.
They made some characters exclusive to the different demos to encourage people to try both versions. Sheik, Luigi and Toon Link were exclusive to the 3DS version. Rosalina, Link, and Olimar were Wii U exclusive.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
They made some characters exclusive to the different demos to encourage people to try both versions. Sheik, Luigi and Toon Link were exclusive to the 3DS version. Rosalina, Link, and Olimar were Wii U exclusive.
That isn't necessarily the case. I've noticed that Rosalina isn't finished in the 3DS version. Her dress still isn't animated, which is surprising considering the 3DS version will come soon. Even in the latest 3DS trailer, her dress is still not animated. Some evidence that suggests the latter is true is in the screenshots of Rosalina. In all of them I seen, her dress is straight, no matter what. You can even see her legs outside of her dress, which was fixed in the Wii U version.

Also, how do we know she can crouch-walk just by looking at her reveal trailer? To me it seems that Luigi just moved her by crouch-walking himself. Is there a gameplay video of her crouch-walking?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That isn't necessarily the case. I've noticed that Rosalina isn't finished in the 3DS version. Her dress still isn't animated, which is surprising considering the 3DS version will come soon. Even in the latest 3DS trailer, her dress is still not animated. Some evidence that suggests the latter is true is in the screenshots of Rosalina. In all of them I seen, her dress is straight, no matter what. You can even see her legs outside of her dress, which was fixed in the Wii U version.

Also, how do we know she can crouch-walk just by looking at her reveal trailer? To me it seems that Luigi just moved her by crouch-walking himself. Is there a gameplay video of her crouch-walking?
They directly said on the Treehouse Stream that character exclusivity on the demos was done to encourage people to try both versions. However, I think there is truth to what you're saying in Rosalina's case.

We know Rosalina was crouch walking because Luigi was moving too quickly to be able to push her along. You can only push other players along in Smash if you tilt you control stick extremely gently, to where your character moves really slowly, otherwise, you pass through. However, Luigi was moving too fast to be able to push Rosalina along. Not too mention that they weren't THAT close to each other.

EDIT: GUUUUUYS WE'RE GETTING INSUFFERABLY ADORABLE ROSALINA PLUSHIES INCLUDING CAT ROSALINA.PLUSHIES AAAAAH
http://nintendoeverything.com/rosalina-plushies-coming-to-japan-in-august/

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I honestly Would love to main her ; even though my main is always Peach

Btw , i wonder who is doing Rosalina's voice this time since she sounds like Kerri Kane in the gameplay videos , also she has her echo back...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
GUUUUUYS WE'RE GETTING INSUFFERABLY ADORABLE ROSALINA PLUSHIES INCLUDING CAT ROSALINA.PLUSHIES AAAAAH
http://nintendoeverything.com/rosalina-plushies-coming-to-japan-in-august/

Oh yeah! I saw this on Nintendo Life, and I thought...
"I think it looks fine. It could be better, but it is better than all the fan-made ones currently out there.
Surprisingly, Cat Rosalina looks better than regular Rosalina. The hair just looks better made on the cat."
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/super_mario_3d_world?start=1600#reply-1613

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the plushies will probably look a little better by the time they release. Toys also go through prototype phases, much like games.

Though I love them as they are now anyway.

Too bad I'll probably never muster up the courage to get one.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So is Rosalina confirmed as the tallest character so far?

Oh my god, imagine how big she'd be when she gets a Super Mushoom...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll probably get one of those regular Rosie plushes. It looks really nice.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Is anyone else disappointed with Rosalina Kirby? I really wanted to see her hair.

Also, even though its very unfitting, I really want to see this song in the game (I think it would work well remixed into another song like the comet observatory)

We did get Midnas Lament in Brawl, this is what I consider Rosalinas theme.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Is anyone else disappointed with Rosalina Kirby? I really wanted to see her hair.

Also, even though its very unfitting, I really want to see this song in the game (I think it would work well remixed into another song like the comet observatory)

We did get Midnas Lament in Brawl, this is what I consider Rosalinas theme.
I'm pretty disapointed with Rosalina Kirby. Even hair like Baby Rosalina would be fine.

As for that "unfitting" song you mentioned, I think I have one too.
I'd like to see this song in the game when Rosalina turns into a trophy, but yours matches that criteria too. It'd be cool if each character had their own cutscene when turning into a trophy.

For example, Rosalina could do something like this:
"Thank you. I will watch over you from beyond the stars." Then she and Luma turn into a trophy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Someone apparently uploaded an image of Rosalina when she gets a Double Bogey in Mario Golf: World Tour. She simply faints, while three Lumas try to keep her from falling onto the ground.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Someone apparently uploaded an image of Rosalina when she gets a Double Bogey in Mario Golf: World Tour. She simply faints, while three Lumas try to keep her from falling onto the ground.

There's more to it then that. I think I posted a video with it on the last page.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
There's actually more. Since I have the game, I've seen what happens after the Lumas catch her. They try to hold her up but she's simply too heavy and falls on them, causing the Lumas to get flung.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
This version of Comet Observatory is just amazing. The nostalgia hit me hard man, can't believe the game came out 7 years ago.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Did you got it from the wiki? Because im a member and uploaded it there , in fact i took the picture myself since i have the game my name is Swiftie Luma on Mario wiki.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I definitely want to see "Family" on the Mario Galaxy stage. Not a remix, just the original.

We know that a new arrangement of the Comet Observatory theme will appear, since it was heard in Rosalina's portion of the Smash Direct. It sounds like something you would hear at a parade or carnival. I really, really like it. While the original is very Rosalina-centric, the Smash version seems influenced by the Lumas.

We can also expect Gusty Garden Galaxy, since it was used in her trailer.

I personally would like to see the World Star theme from 3D World, it has Rosalina written all over it: Just make it a little longer, and it's perfect for Smash, as a more peaceful addition.

Also, maybe a re-orchestration of Rosalina's Ice World from MK7? That could be beautiful. It's melancholic, but also upbeat, so it would work in Smash.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's an interesting video.

But I think at this point Rosie's just getting into things off her own merits and popularity.

Who knows? She could be the pathway to her own spin-off.

Also holy crap about time I posted over here.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, I don't think we are getting a Galaxy 3 anytime soon, Its like saying we are getting Super Mario Land 4 since Daisy came back.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We have more of a chance of Rosalina getting a game that uses some Galaxy type mechanics than Mario starring in another Galaxy game.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm Hoping for some more Rosalina gameplay , since she was absent in the 3ds version of the event. I also want Peach T_T
Like she wasnt playable in any demo and the isnt even footage of her in any video :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Whoa! Look at this:

"PlatinumGames has revealed three Nintendo costumes for Bayonetta 1: Link, Samus, and Peach. At least one more original outfit will be included in the game based on the screenshot above. Thanks to some detective work done by the folks on NeoGAF, Bayonetta may also feature a Daisy costume. The emblem on the right side of the image seems to match up well with the character’s icon associated with Daisy, posted below:

Read more at http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-bayonetta-to-have-a-daisy-costume/"

This image is interesting because there is a second set of costumes. There could be a possibility of a Rosalina Costume. If a Daisy costume is in it, there could very well be a chance that there's a Rosalina costume. Luma could also be integrated into the costume too. For some reason I think there could be a Pauline costume as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So the top one there is likely Link (unless there is a Zelda one too - since Zelda is associated with purple). Then the other page likely has her original costume (unless that's the thing in the middle). And I have a funny feeling that her Bayonetta 2 costume will be accessible.

As much as I want a Rosalina costume (it'd be the only one I'd use, provided it's good enough), I have a feeling it won't be done, due to Bayonetta being such blatant sex appeal. A lot of Rosalina fans are kind of prudes about Rosalina being portrayed in any sort of sexual light. While you wouldn't be actually playing as Rosalina, I think people would not like it since she's supposed to be portrayed as more elegant and stuff. Peach has been portrayed with sex appeal in the past, as have the other women, so it makes sense for them.

So yeah, as much as I want a Rosalina costume (complete with a lovely wig), I am not getting my hopes up.

I still really want that game though, and I'll likely use the Peach costume if there is no Rosalina, because DEMON BOWSER LIMBS.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Yeah, you're right though, there probably won't be a Rosalina costume. Although, I could definitely see a Pauline costume... You know, cuz she has a lot of cleavage, an hourglass figure, and a red dress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom