• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I decided once Rosalina was presented, I would use her. Melee and Brawl I just used Peach. Only character I cared about. This time around, I'll be using 2 characters for tournaments. I never done this before so it will be a new experience and change for me. So thought I come post around here. And keep up with what's going on with this character while the release of the game is on its way.

Peach is gonna be my Main. Rosalina is gonna be my secondary. I was thinking of Making Rosalina my main, But She was just so random. And when peach was announced for smash for, that was pretty much my invitation to play this game. So my main focus will be on her.

For those that don't know me since I am kinda new around here, I'm a competitive peach player for melee, Brawl and soon, Project M. So it's nice to see some new faces and hopefully make new friends.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Sweet more Peach Mains :D Awesome Artwork too! i think i pass with Rosie she looks too flouty in my opinion so i'll stick with Wii Fit Trainer!:4wiifit:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Based on the videos I seen, She looks like a character that takes a lot of wotk to get really good at. Kinda Like Melee fox and falco. Those characters are so good. But to do all that crazy stuff top players do, you have to be really technical. It takes a lot of work to play space animals on that kind of level. I feel Rosalina curve at high levels is gonna be something like that.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I agree but i'm still hoping the chorus Kids get in! with Rosalina it think her weight will be a problem but i'm not saying i won't try to use her i'll be maining Wii Fitness Lady instead!

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Based on the videos I seen, She looks like a character that takes a lot of wotk to get really good at. Kinda Like Melee fox and falco. Those characters are so good. But to do all that crazy stuff top players do, you have to be really technical. It takes a lot of work to play space animals on that kind of level. I feel Rosalina curve at high levels is gonna be something like that.
I have a feeling she will be like that too from watching gameplay from her. From all the matches I've seen no one has truly been able to use her efficiently yet. She looks like a character that is hard to use but once you get the hang of her she becomes a great character, maybe top tier? Time will tell. I'm leaning towards maining her since Lucas is more than likely cut and Marth got nerfed hard.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
PLEASE SHULK AND CHORUS KIDS! XC well i just really want them two in They would be such great fighters!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Speaking of nerfs and all. There is one think I will say. I was gonna make a video on this. Still might. A lot of peple seem to judge the game already baded on the E3 demo. The game is still in beta form. And Sakurai has said many times that the game is subject to change. So what you see in the demo with hit stun, attack power, etc, do not let that make your final judgement on the game/characters.

Brawl was the same way with the demo. Peach Fthrow actually killed like it did in melee. Met Knights fair did a lot of damage. When brawl was released, those changes were gone. A demo in this case is usually a game under works. The demo/beta is not gonna be the same and the finishing project. So w/e character might looked nerf/op, that could change when the game is complete and released. I think this is something a lot of people need to be aware of.

Last edited:

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
obviouly u cant pick her up and expect her to be this super tank plus this game has not even been out to test that long to rate i went on a long drive to go play she seemed good but she is a little to under powerd but thats just me :)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Let's just hope that Rosalina's power remains in tact, if not buffed up more, upon the game's completion, because she seems to have the most potential out of all the newcomers when used in the right hands.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I decided once Rosalina was presented, I would use her. Melee and Brawl I just used Peach. Only character I cared about. This time around, I'll be using 2 characters for tournaments. I never done this before so it will be a new experience and change for me. So thought I come post around here. And keep up with what's going on with this character while the release of the game is on its way.

Peach is gonna be my Main. Rosalina is gonna be my secondary. I was thinking of Making Rosalina my main, But She was just so random. And when peach was announced for smash for, that was pretty much my invitation to play this game. So my main focus will be on her.

For those that don't know me since I am kinda new around here, I'm a competitive peach player for melee, Brawl and soon, Project M. So it's nice to see some new faces and hopefully make new friends.
Wait, you're new? I could've sworn I saw you around on this board years ago... unless there's another Dark.Pch who changed their name or something...

Anyway I'm kind of in the same boat myself, I mainly use Princess Peach since she's my favorite but this time I'll likely be using Rosalina as well as my secondary... and maybe Zelda, Palutena, and female Villager too. Rosalina's playstyle looks really interesting and I'm really liking how she looks.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wait, you're new? I could've sworn I saw you around on this board years ago... unless there's another Dark.Pch who changed their name or something...

Anyway I'm kind of in the same boat myself, I mainly use Princess Peach since she's my favorite but this time I'll likely be using Rosalina as well as my secondary... and maybe Zelda, Palutena, and female Villager too. Rosalina's playstyle looks really interesting and I'm really liking how she looks.
New to this thread, not this site or the community.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I believe I remember you. It was around the time I was defending brawl Peach when the game first game out in a thread saying she was bad.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
One was basically a huge forth wall breaker where someone used a certain other character to rant on their hate for Rosalina as a character, and apparently she died because said character really upset her with all of the fourth wall breaking to the point where she is implied to have offed herself:

The character the writer used to personify their hate for Rosalina was Dry Bowser, and one of the biggest complaints they had was that Rosalina is an unoriginal Peach clone. DRY BOWSER.

Also, Toadette and Dry Bowser talk about her while visiting her grave, Toadette mourns, Dry Bowser just talks more ****.
I really, really hate fanfics like these. Pretty much a disgrace to any fanfic writer.

The romance ones are always humorous to me because people hardly ever get them right.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tend to think of Rosalina as an immortal goddess who can never grow old. Sure, Rosalina began life as a mortal, but I do have a theory that when Rosalina came across a very rare Grand Star during her time with the Lumas, it gave her immortality, and prevented her from aging even further. It would've happened while Rosalina was in her 20's, considering her young adult looks.

Simply put, by my perspective, Rosalina can never die, and her age stays constant as well. This enables her to raise the Lumas without having to fear about old age or getting sick.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I also have a similar theory that more or less comes to same conclusion. Just instead of using a plot macguffin, I say her powers came naturally through adapting to the Luma's habitat, which includes using the power of the stars.

MechaWave

Smash Champion

Yeah, I remember you well, from the Peach boards. I also mained Peach in the previous two games, and I still to do so. Possibly dual main Peach and Rosalina. Welcome, anyway.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I absolutely adore what I've seen of Rosalina so far.

She looks strong enough to hold her own without knowing how to properly use Luma while Luma is still there and will make her the best character in the game :-)

I honestly didn't care what her moveset is like, I decide my mains based on the character.

Kirby and his Charm
R.O.B. and his incredibly handsome name
I was a big advocate for a gen 6 pokemon and Greninja being best case scenario was a great victory for me so I'm definitely using him.

And now Rosalina, who I have adored since the moment I saw her, Having her in Smash is like a dream come true.

The only exception to the above is Mr Game & Watch, but since his moveset made me like him in Brawl, I know I will auto like him in this game.

My favourite moves I've seen so far for Rosalina is:
Forward Smash
Up tilt and up aerial
Gravitational Pull
Luma, imagine using this guy to block a Final Smash like Marths

She looks really fun and I can't wait to play her, although its weird how the announcer says "Rosalina & Luma" instead of "Rosalina" but I have no real problem with it as it portrays adorable Luma as his own fighter (Does anyone else laugh at the thought that Luma is playable before the likes of Toad, Ridley (so far), Mewtwo and K Rool.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I decided RosaLuma would be my main ever since I heard she was a puppeteer/controller character. As selfish as this sounds, I was hoping she would be under looked so I could bring out that potential. Turns out most of the people who see Rosaluma know they a lot of potential and could be one of the game's best in the right hands.

Hong

The Strongest
What do you think? Troll or not?
I would prefer if they had posted more constructively and explained their problem with the character.

That aside, the problem has already handled themselves. :)

Back to Rosalina discussion. <3

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, how do you Irrelevina fans feel now that Paletune has taken what little spotlight Irrelevina had left?

Anybody who was excited for ha has moved onto the good Paletuna bandwagon.

#PoorDat
So I'm guessing you didn't pick up on the slew of fan favourite votes she got in that one round of the Invitational, leading to her getting more screentime than she would have normally? This happened after the Palutena reveal too.

Hong

The Strongest
I didn't like her at all personally myself.

But I reluctantly picked up Super Mario Galaxy earlier this year, and she seemed like my ideal pick for Mario Kart 8, too.

Now I'm a fan. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Tough crowd apparently. While I can't really remember, Rosalina did get my attention when Super Mario Galaxy was in development. At first it seemed like Peach got a massive makeover, but it soon became clear that we're talking about a new entity.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
My first sight of Rosalina was in a GameInformer magazine when I still didn't know any better. Looking at her, I wasn't sure what to think (To be honest, I did think she was just going to be another "Lets not make it Peach this time" damsel character, similarly to Daisy and Pauline) but playing Galaxy and viewing her backstory made me see her in a different light. I mainly appreciate her for being one of the very few characters in the Mario series to have a defined backstory and character growth.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
So, how do you Irrelevina fans feel now that Paletune has taken what little spotlight Irrelevina had left?

Anybody who was excited for ha has moved onto the good Paletuna bandwagon.

#PoorDat
lmfao. sup fuujin. rosalina was ruined with waifufaqs and the like way before palutena man, s'all k.

meanwhile your ***** zelda still low-tier!!!!1 ^______^ #TriforceTears

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
First time I saw Rosalina was in Galaxies manual.

I was like "Is THAT Peach? Rosalina? Thats a nice name, I like her"

She was immediately a secondary main of mine when I discovered she was in Mario Kart Wii, I was overjoyed to see her at the end of Galaxy 2 and glad to see her back in Mario Kart 7.

And now all this!!! She was confirmed for 3D World on Birthday, followed by a reveal for Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8, Now she is DLC in Mario Golf, Is in Mario Kart Arcade, I love it!! Rosalina is probably my favourite character of all time, my Mum even jokes I have a crush on her, (And its probably as close as a crush you can have on a fictional character without it being too weird)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remember first seeing a render of Rosalina in some Nintendo magazine, and I thought her design was interesting from the get go, as well as her expression. Seeing a main series Mario character who wasn't even smiling in her official art, not even a smirk, was an eyebrow raiser.

I was looking forward to Galaxy anyway, so I ended up picking it up a week after release. And I fell in love with her more and more, the more I found out about her, and I can say her in-game model looked absolutely beautiful from the get-go. By the time I was finished the game, she became my "guilty pleasure favourite" (in the sense that she was my favourite deep down, but I never could admit it, I pretended I liked Luigi, Yoshi, and Bowser more because I grew up in a background where a boy particularly liking a non-sexualised female character who didn't kill things every two seconds was frowned upon, at least by my peers). I also love the 120 Star ending, because it just makes the love for the character feel so much more personal, and I actually CARED about her being thankful to me, unlike Peach, who's just a shallow justification for me beating the game in other Mario games. I dare say it makes Rosalina feel real, due to how it breaks the fourth wall - it kind of makes you want to think she's actually out there in the universe!

Needless to say, at this point, there is no point in me denying that I am completely in love with the character. Don't care if it's seen as a bad thing, but she's a total waifu to me, and I deeply appreciate the character's existence, and how she hasn't been ruined since her introduction.

I mean, look at my phone wallpaper right now.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The 120 stars ending is the best cutscene in all of Mario. Seeing her look at the screen and say "Thank you" was amazing and seeing what she does is so magical and awe-inspiring. And the music, I love every music in this game but the ones associated with Rosalina are the best.

And of coarse, we cannot ignore this masterpiece

So BEAUTIFUL :'-)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm quite sure that to keep Rosalina from being another Peach/Daisy, she always wears her typical dress, as Mario Golf World Tour has shown us. In fact, the only reason why she has a biker outfit is because bikes and ATVs are not dress-friendly.

Sure, a long dress may not be the best pick for sports, but since Rosalina levitates, she can get away with wearing high heels all the time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I also love how the Rosalina themed stage in Mario Kart 7 manages to have a sad atmosphere, with poignant music. Making a level in Mario Kart with a feeling of sadness to it is an artistic achievement as far as I'm concerned.

As for Rosalina wearing different outfits, I honestly don't mind as long as they differentiate her outfits from Peach and Daisy. I was a bit disappointed to notice that Rosalina's biker outfit has a heart on the back of it (Peach and Daisy do too, but it should have only been on Peach - Daisy and Rosalina should have had a flower and a star symbol respectively), but in general, I love the biker outfit for Rosalina since it fits her the best aesthetically (tall body, certain "assets" of Rosalina's body are more matured, and the long legs go really well with the boots - plus, I don't see why Rosalina can't be motherly and kind and wise, but also a mechanical nut - she did design the architecture of the Comet Observatory herself, after all).

One of my favourite things about characters designed by Nintendo and SEGA and the like, is how we do get to see them in many different outfits, and it's part of their charm to me. It makes the characters feel more real, and you can use them to form more headcanons on the characters.

EDIT: THIS IS THE BEST THING

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
...What? That picture... Rosalina ain't no crazy person.

Rosalina is love, Rosalina is LIFE .....
and GOD!!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay, that was a rather creepy image. I would never consider Rosalina to be a psychopath.

In other news, some images from World Tour have popped up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom