• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just as an FYI, the "psycho" Rosie picture is a joke aimed at all of those people who are like "UUUHHH ROSALINA IS IRRELEVANT DAISY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN 3D WORLD AND SMASH WAAAAHW.

She's here to stay and don't all y'all forget it!

Also her eagle animation, holy ****. There's another idea for a Final Smash! :p

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Somebody needs to find a video with all her golf animation asap.

I need to see it action, I have to, My life would be over if I don't.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just as an FYI, the "psycho" Rosie picture is a joke aimed at all of those people who are like "UUUHHH ROSALINA IS IRRELEVANT DAISY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN 3D WORLD AND SMASH WAAAAHW.

She's here to stay and don't all y'all forget it!
I feel that if anything, Rosalina would be unaware of Daisy's tantrums, but it would be an unintentional incident. I'd also think that insulting others would be beyond what Rosalina would ever do.

In other words, if Rosalina sees Daisy throwing a fit, she'd think, "Is there something wrong?", not realizing that her inclusion into Smash Bros. is the reason for Daisy's tantrum.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not even saying Daisy would throw a tantrum, neither is the picture. It's just a general fandom joke, not a canon joke (it's also a reference to a particularly famous episode of the Simpsons). It's in the same vain as something like:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, regarding her animations in Mario Golf, some of her promotional videos showed off the Par and Birdie animations, and there are GIFs. None of the others yet, though.

I just heard her voice in the game though and.....dear god, it's terrible. Is that Kerri Kane (never heard her in Mario Kart 7, and I can't find any high quality videos with her)?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It came out? I really need to consider getting her...

Although the Steam sale started today. Hmm....

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I believe I remember you. It was around the time I was defending brawl Peach when the game first game out in a thread saying she was bad.
Yeah I was really active here when Brawl was announced and everything was being announced and whatnot. I left after that hype all died down.

My first impression of Rosalina was "... her design is pretty but it's not really unique...". I wasn't very excited. I still kind of feel the same way today even though I really like her now, I'm such a huge fan of her whole cosmos theme and her ties with the Lumas and how gentle and kind she is (also love her dress and the pastel color theme she has) and I'm super excited to play as her in Smash. I read that the explanation for her resemblance to Peach was because she was designed to be related to her somehow, I kind of wish they kept that in since their resemblance to one another going unexplained kind of bothers me. Anyway Rosalina is definitely one of my favorite Mario characters, right after Peach and Toadette I suppose.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not her feet, I mean her legs are literally trapped in the gown.

I know that's EAD's way of censoring undergarment shots, but a black void would have looked less painful!

-----

I personally don't understand the comparisons between Peach and Rosalina, or the "Blue Peach" accusations thrown at Rosalina, they look completely different. Any similarity they have is by virtue of them being drawn by the same artist in the same art style. It's like trying to say Sonic and Silver look the same.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, regarding her animations in Mario Golf, some of her promotional videos showed off the Par and Birdie animations, and there are GIFs. None of the others yet, though.

I just heard her voice in the game though and.....dear god, it's terrible. Is that Kerri Kane (never heard her in Mario Kart 7, and I can't find any high quality videos with her)?
Yes, it is Kerri Kane. It's weird because they reused her voice clips from Mario Kart 7, and they sound awful in that game, but in World Tour it doesn't sound so bad. Now, her voice in Mario Kart 8 IS horrible; she sounds like freaking Peach. What's even weirder is that it's the same voice actress that voiced her in Super Mario 3D World (Laura Faye Smith) and Smith did a good job in 3D World. I just don't understand. Hopefully she won't **** up in Smash Bros (since she's voicing her again in those games). At least some people say that she has her echo back once more.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think her voice in MK8 is horrible, it's just as good as in 3D World. She certainly doesn't sound like Peach to me. I've been over what I think of that subject twice already though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think her voice in MK8 is horrible, it's just as good as in 3D World. She certainly doesn't sound like Peach to me. I've been over what I think of that subject twice already though.
In the end, there will always be someone who complains. At least Rosalina doesn't sound as annoying as Daisy's Mario Kart Wii voice.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Hey there. I'm new here. I saw the E3 coverage thread for Rosalina & Luma, but I'm not able to post a link yet to a video I saw. In time I'll probably post it here once I'm able to.

I'm looking forward to playing as RosaLuma, but if she's not unlockable from the start (even though it's unlikely), I'll main Peach for the time being.

By the way, when posting a YouTube video here, what format do I use? Do I simply Embed the video?

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy, haven't I seen you on other websites like Brawl Vault / KC-MM, or Model Resource?

Any videos of her animations?
From Mario Golf: World Tour? I could post some if you'd like. :3
I've done it before with Toadette in showing her Albatross.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
From Mario Golf: World Tour? I could post some if you'd like. :3
I've done it before with Toadette in showing her Albatross.
Yes please, although the only ones I haven't seen yet are her Double Bogey and Eagle.

Look what I found :-)

Rosalina confirmed heavy....

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So after e3, my excitement for Rosalina came back suddenly. I don't know, I just really want to see more of her now.

Also, like I've said many times, I'm really loving her yellow outfit, and I'm going to be using that coloration whenever I play as Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh my god Rosalina's Mario Golf animations are all so adorable.

I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE EAGLE ONE SHE FREAKING CALLS GALAXIES AND LUMAS TO HER SIDE

And noooo, my poor babe is fainting. :c
Glad to see the animations are as over the top as ever in Mario Golf. Seems like Nintendo are catching on to the heavy Rosalina inside jokes. :p

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't get why, even when she isn't in the zero gravity of space, the physics on her hair and gown are all floaty and weird.
Well maybe she's using the power of gravity to move in space? I don't really know, but it's true that things that flow, like flags, are more flowy in space than on Earth. I'm guessing when she floats on Earth she's using gravity to pull her up and down. Since there's no air in space, things move and flow more freely, so I guess Rosalina is air-resistant?

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So in this video, 8:45 - 12:23, Derrick says Rosalina & Luma are his favorite. Andre elaborates by saying Rosalina herself isn't tricky to use, it's using Luma effectively with Rosalina. Luma is what makes the learning curve difficult since he acts pretty much on his own.

The video I wanted to post in the E3 Coverage thread.
Now that I look back at this, I don't think there's much to be gained from it except that you see Rosalina's & Luma's taunt up close.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's kinda what I figured about Rosalina - she's really solid on her own, but knowing how to use Luma will make her really scary to be up against.

Anyway, I just discovered that the Mario Wiki has dug up most of the ultra high res renders of characters hidden on the Smash website.

Rosalina looks so beautiful, it's a crime:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Rosalina is definitely the most beautiful character in the game....she is absolutely stunning not to mention I destroyed everyone at Best Buy when I played her.
Also, damn, that eagle animation is just stunning :love:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have to give credit to these ultra high res renders in general though. The detail in them is insane. KIRBY HAS TEXTURE.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I gotta say this RosaLuma player did really good when it came to using Luma effectively. Not a single death.
Even at the end she managed to get 2 powerful hits against Wii Fit Trianer and Greninja. Really good stuff.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"You guys are gettin' a bit too loud!"

BUT SMAAAAAAAAAASH!!

Anyway that was a really impressive show. Seems I was right about Rosalina's momentum cancelling capabilities. She can really tank it through matches if she needs to.

Also I only just realised that the idea of Rosalina using a Warp Star is perfect. It's a shame Luma doesn't latch on too, that would have been adorable.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Hahaha. I especially love how the player hid up on the lights at one point and just let Luma bash the others. That person used Rosalina very effectively. Makes me think of even more ways to use Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My only thing with Rosalina is that I can see her being difficult to use in the 3DS version. I'm thinking Mega Man will be my newcomer main on 3DS, and with Rosalina being my Wii U newcomer main.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Also I only just realised that the idea of Rosalina using a Warp Star is perfect. It's a shame Luma doesn't latch on too, that would have been adorable.
It could be a good thing and a bad thing if you think about it. Luma could do jabs to make the person flinch and keep them in place, while Rosalina uses the Warps Star more easily, but on the other hand, Luma is wide open to damage from other players and items/projectiles.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So can you really not call Luma back? It doesn't seem like he'll go back to you unless he's away for a good amount of time

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So can you really not call Luma back? It doesn't seem like he'll go back to you unless he's away for a good amount of time
Nah, you can call him back by using Luma Shot. If the Luma isn't considered by Rosalina's side, Luma Shot calls it back. I haven't seen people use it, but it was shown in the Smash Direct.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Why must you taunt me with these videos I can't watch until after School? Good to hear derrick has good taste

Almost makes up for him saying R.O.B. is a guarantee cut.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
"You guys are gettin' a bit too loud!"

BUT SMAAAAAAAAAASH!!

Anyway that was a really impressive show. Seems I was right about Rosalina's momentum cancelling capabilities. She can really tank it through matches if she needs to.
That will be easier said than done though, as Elite Gaymer did confirm that Rosalina can get KO'd easily at less than 100% damage against Donkey Kong, Olimar, and Wii Fit Trainer.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That will be easier said than done though, as Elite Gaymer did confirm that Rosalina can get KO'd easily at less than 100% damage against Donkey Kong, Olimar, and Wii Fit Trainer.
Pfft, he just needs to work better when fighting DK and Wii Fit Trainer.

Olimar though, the guy can onch now, Its easy to see how Olimar can defeat Rosalina.

In all seriousness, How strong is Wii Fit Trainer? Is she good even with out her buff?

And how often have we seen gravitational pull used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom