• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Er...right.
They've been playing the victory theme since then everywhere besides this one. There's also a parody of them with the FF7 cover and them wanting Cloud in Smash. New Day knows everything.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
They've been playing the victory theme since then everywhere besides this one. There's also a parody of them with the FF7 cover and them wanting Cloud in Smash. New Day knows everything.
Did they actually say that or they were just making it up?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Did they actually say that or they were just making it up?
Well Xavier(the one who played the tune)is a huge nerd(like CM Punk, wbo writes for Marvel now, and AJ Lee are), and did hope Cloud would be on a Nintendo platform again.

He also has a gaming channel called UpUpDownDown and has a PhD. The man knows all

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well Xavier(the one who played the tune)is a huge nerd(like CM Punk, wbo writes for Marvel now, and AJ Lee are), and did hope Cloud would be on a Nintendo platform again.

He also has a gaming channel called UpUpDownDown and has a PhD. The man knows all
That I did not know.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That I did not know.
When you're a nerd who wrestles and have a PhD, you have the right to know all...if only New Day were in Smash, but they're real people.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Does this Xavier guy have any videos related to Smash or something?
On his youtube channel, no, but i think that has ro do with WWE2K not being on Nintendo, so it doesnt pop up as much. He did have some pics showing he plays it(someone sent him mii versions of New Day, and Xavier thanked that person...after he used them to take out Mario, Link and Samus(with the power of positivity)).

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So how many characters are in total now?
Let's see :

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi
Nabbit
Rosalina
Dry Bones
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Wendy Koopa
Larry Koopa

That's 16 characters for Mario

And for Sonic:

Sonic
Amy
Knuckles
Tails
Shadow
Rouge
Sticks
Zazz
Rougue
Eggman
Mecha Sonic
Wave
Vector
Silver
Blaze
Jet

16 again.

Well 32 characters. I guess it's all the roster

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On his youtube channel, no, but i think that has ro do with WWE2K not being on Nintendo, so it doesnt pop up as much. He did have some pics showing he plays it(someone sent him mii versions of New Day, and Xavier thanked that person...after he used them to take out Mario, Link and Samus(with the power of positivity)).
How fortunate of that person. Must've been something special.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How fortunate of that person. Must've been something special.
Probably was, you don't see top guys get praised that much anymore(gaming wise).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Now hurry up and confirm Rosalina as a Power character, Nintendo.

I want my rugby waifu.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I'm still pretty neutral about Rosalina's inclusion on that Mario & Sonic game. I don't know but that's just me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Hot damn she's got moves.

Also that starting frame:

I actually really like the uniqueness of the outfit. Especially the sleeves gripping onto her hand.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Should look even better in the Wii U version. Though i'm not a fan of the overly saturated colors in the textures.

Clearly , That's not her right hair color and the dress is to green-ish. I think this is similar to World Tour colors , perhaps is the 3DS?

The Wii U clearly gives Rosalina lighter colors in her textures , like in Ultra Trash , I mean Ultra Smash. She clearly has a Light Blue Dress and Her Hair is lighter , closer to her current renders.

I'm expecting a new Render for the olympics.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
3DS models generally over-simplify them. Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina all have the same body in these low-poly models, yet have very different bodies in HD models.

What I am REALLY looking forward to, is the fact that the 3DS version will likely have a story mode and Rosalina could be in it - meaning we'd get to hear her have actual dialogue for the first time since Galaxy 2.

And I'd get to see my blue babies (Rosalina and Sonic), interact with each other.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I haven't played a M&S Olympics game since Winter Olympics 2010. But seeing Rosallina... I mean, they don't really appeal to me that much. But Rosalina is confirmed. It took this long to have her show us her moves.:4falcon: But it's great to see Rosalina continue to get more exposure and be in more games. I take it as a positive thing unlike what the haters think.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
If by story mode , it means ala 3DS London games then hell to the no.

The 3DS version of that game is plain garbage. So i'm Peach and i cannot play certain sports???? I'm Mario and i cannot play certain sports??

Screw that.

I think this series is like Many other Mario games , they already achived the ''peak'' with one special sequel and clearly is not reaching further anymore.

Super Mario (2D linear games) ---> New Super Mario bros. (the rest are literal cancer)

Super Mario (3D games) ---> Super Mario Galaxy , the rest of the games aren't topping it.

Mario Party ----> Mario Party 7 was the peak.

Mario Tennis ----> Mario Power Tennis was the peak

Mario & Sonic ---> The first Olympic Winter games was Clearly the best one , ever , both versions. The DS one is so good.

Mario Golf ---- > Argueably TT since i'm pretty sure is more challenging than World Tour.

Mario Kart ----> Well , in terms of the roster , Wii is clearly the peak ... the rest i don't know , but 8 is clearly not the best at Battle mode or items so there's that. Mario Kart 8 died so fast though ... i don't know.

Point is that if this game has a story mode like the one in Winter games on the DS then I'm all for it , if not then i'll pass.
I hope they don't put a stupid story like London games though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hope it's more like the London one if they do it but I will be interested regardless just for the character interactions.

Even the London one had great moments in terms of the way the characters acted.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Let's see :

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi
Nabbit
Rosalina
Dry Bones
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Wendy Koopa
Larry Koopa

That's 16 characters for Mario

And for Sonic:

Sonic
Amy
Knuckles
Tails
Shadow
Rouge
Sticks
Zazz
Rougue
Eggman
Mecha Sonic
Wave
Vector
Silver
Blaze
Jet

16 again.

Well 32 characters. I guess it's all the roster
So what type is she in? All Around, Skill, Speed, Heavy?
I've always looking forward to M&S series, especially summer Olympics, I love M&S at London 2012's soundtrack.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If by story mode , it means ala 3DS London games then hell to the no.

The 3DS version of that game is plain garbage. So i'm Peach and i cannot play certain sports???? I'm Mario and i cannot play certain sports??

Screw that.

I think this series is like Many other Mario games , they already achived the ''peak'' with one special sequel and clearly is not reaching further anymore.

Super Mario (2D linear games) ---> New Super Mario bros. (the rest are literal cancer)

Super Mario (3D games) ---> Super Mario Galaxy , the rest of the games aren't topping it.

Mario Party ----> Mario Party 7 was the peak.

Mario Tennis ----> Mario Power Tennis was the peak

Mario & Sonic ---> The first Olympic Winter games was Clearly the best one , ever , both versions. The DS one is so good.

Mario Golf ---- > Argueably TT since i'm pretty sure is more challenging than World Tour.

Mario Kart ----> Well , in terms of the roster , Wii is clearly the peak ... the rest i don't know , but 8 is clearly not the best at Battle mode or items so there's that. Mario Kart 8 died so fast though ... i don't know.

Point is that if this game has a story mode like the one in Winter games on the DS then I'm all for it , if not then i'll pass.
I hope they don't put a stupid story like London games though.
3D Land/World were extremly great, but I don't think it really helps that is meant to be 2D/3D Mario at the same time.

Also, NSMB is still fun

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina is probably going to be a newcomer for the Power side , but we are yet to see that.
If the 2008 Olympic Games have anything to say, the Power characters have bad speed stats, with the only exception being Knuckles. Of course, ALL Power characters have below average Skill stats, and I feel that Rosalina should excel more on Skill than Power.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina fits power best and it makes her different. Not all of the girls have to be dainty.

Rosalina fits into any class realistically but since we have to pick one, Power would be best.

Plus her excelling in rugby and boxing would be too cool.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina fits power best and it makes her different. Not all of the girls have to be dainty.

Rosalina fits into any class realistically but since we have to pick one, Power would be best.

Plus her excelling in rugby and boxing would be too cool.
Even just making Rosalina an All-Around character would be fair enough, as it would enable her to excel alright at just about any event.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Even just making Rosalina an All-Around character would be fair enough, as it would enable her to excel alright at just about any event.
I think her chance in all around or power is quite high, cuz there were no all around and power Mario female characters back then.

This also leads us to the same question on the Sonic characters, what will Rouge, Wave, and Sticks be in?
I think Rouge will be in either skill or speed. Sticks might be in power, and Wave might be in either skill or speed as well.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think her chance in all around or power is quite high, cuz there were no all around and power Mario female characters back then.

This also leads us to the same question on the Sonic characters, what will Rouge, Wave, and Sticks be in?
I think Rouge will be in either skill or speed. Sticks might be in power, and Wave might be in either skill or speed as well.
Before we continue, I did spot some flaws with the character list that you've inputted previously. Ludwig has been confirmed to be playable, but NOT Larry. Also, there's no one named "Rougue" in the game, unless you meant the Egg Pawns.

Lastly, the page link below will give you an idea on who's confirmed...

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_&_Sonic_at_the_Rio_2016_Olympic_Games_(Wii_U)

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Let's see :

The additions are Rosalina , Diddy Kong , Wendy , Ludwig , Nabbit and Apparently Dry Bones.

My guesses:

Speed
Nabbit and Diddy.

All Round
Ludwig Koopa

Power
Rosalina

Skill
Dry Bones
Wendy.

So that way All round and Power Mario characters have 5 each , and Skill and Speed have 4 each , counting veterans.

Edit: My bad , it wasn't intentional. I guess this naturally gave away the fact that i don't really care about any of them , to me they are like the same except for Wendy since she is the girl. As for Rouge or whatever , i guess everybody understood so there's no point on that.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
I REALLY do hope 2016 Rio don't folow the same fate as 3DS London 2012.

No stats to make characters unique. 'You can't play certain sports because X character isn't in that category' crap. No uniqueness in each category because unless you play the story mode the characters remain the same (I suppose the Shy Guys... but eh). Blah blah effing blah.

Story is fine, but DS Winter story mode-esque would be awesome. However, limiting sports into characters is just plain dumb. The story mode breaks this rule, even, implying the mechanic is rather forced. Why the hell can't I fight Eggman as Sonic or Tails? Why the hell can't I fight Bowser with Mario or Luigi? Stupid.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Before we continue, I did spot some flaws with the character list that you've inputted previously. Ludwig has been confirmed to be playable, but NOT Larry.
I didn't make the list... and I do remember when did I make one... I mean really.
Also, there's no one named "Rougue" in the game, unless you meant the Egg Pawns.

Lastly, the page link below will give you an idea on who's confirmed...
Whoops, mistype there... or did I? I saw that I did typed" Rogue" or my previous post.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm a bit confused.
That's not really any secret. If you Perfect Shield projectiles they will bounce off the side of the shield they hit (or at least I believe that's the stipulation, I could be slightly off though). Luma is considered a projectile of sorts while in Luma Shot, so he bounces off too.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
That's not really any secret. If you Perfect Shield projectiles they will bounce off the side of the shield they hit (or at least I believe that's the stipulation, I could be slightly off though). Luma is considered a projectile of sorts while in Luma Shot, so he bounces off too.
But sometimes I perfect shield and she just passes through me..that's odd.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I'm not surprise that Rosalina is in the Mario&Sonic game. I didn't care much for that series and I played the first one, but didn't work out for me and my interest with the series is gone.

All around is all I'll pick for Rosalina in that game.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not surprise that Rosalina is in the Mario&Sonic game. I didn't care much for that series and I played the first one, but didn't work out for me and my interest with the series is gone.
It will be weird for her to NOT be in the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There is a Rosalina badge in the Badge Arcade and Rosalina is the poster girl for the badge set she features in (and also the hardest to get because of it, since you'll need to get Mario and Luigi out of the way first).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom