• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only person to have a full on story needs to be important(Bowser Jr can be debatable)
By that do you mean all of the story elements regarding Rosalina makes her important?

In a way that's true, but Rosalina wasn't actually supposed to appear after Galaxy. She's like Mario's equivalent to Shadow the Hedgehog - was supposed to be a one game character, but was so popular they made her a main cast member. Her storybook and other story elements in the game contributed greatly to her popularity, though.

She's not the only character with interesting story elements though, she's just the only one with them in the main series. However, I did like Luigi and Captain Toad in Galaxy too.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
By that do you mean all of the story elements regarding Rosalina makes her important?

In a way that's true, but Rosalina wasn't actually supposed to appear after Galaxy. She's like Mario's equivalent to Shadow the Hedgehog - was supposed to be a one game character, but was so popular they made her a main cast member. Her storybook and other story elements in the game contributed greatly to her popularity, though.

She's not the only character with interesting story elements though, she's just the only one with them in the main series. However, I did like Luigi and Captain Toad in Galaxy too.
1. That's exactly what I mean
2. Only going off by the main series
3. Captain Toad/Toadette for Smash

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Throughout my career playing the 3D Sonic titles, I've often found Sonic Heroes to be one of the easier Sonic games made. Most of the missions aren't ridiculously hard (some extra missions can be tricky to A-rank though), and you could actually complete most of the stages without taking "any" damage; even the strongest enemies, the Heavy-Egg Hammers, are just pushovers once you've removed their helmets.

Super Hard Mode does make the game feel much tougher though.
Same here. Even though I lost the dice and didn't get a 100% and face the last boss as Super Sonic, the game is still fun along with Sonic Adventure dx. Alittle easier than DX, but still fun game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Heroes was actually the game that made me get super into Sonic. Like, I always liked Sonic before that, as I played the Genesis games and watched AoStH, but Sonic Heroes was where I started getting properly into the series.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Strangely enough, my first introduction to Sonic was from Happy Meal toys (same could apply to some kids nowadays since I see plenty of Sonic amiibo locally XD to people who call amiibo glorified Happy Meal toys). They were these electronic Game & Watch esque games and I remember having the ones with Sonic on a halfpipe, Shadow on grind rails, and Knuckles soccer. The first real Sonic game was Sonic Rush, but it was my brother's at the time. Eventually he sold it after being unable to get that damn seventh Chaos Emerald. I eventually got my own copy, but what really got me into the Sonic games was Unleashed, my second Sonic game. Very late to the party, but still good times.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Strangely enough, my first introduction to Sonic was from Happy Meal toys (same could apply to some kids nowadays since I see plenty of Sonic amiibo locally XD to people who call amiibo glorified Happy Meal toys). They were these electronic Game & Watch esque games and I remember having the ones with Sonic on a halfpipe, Shadow on grind rails, and Knuckles soccer. The first real Sonic game was Sonic Rush, but it was my brother's at the time. Eventually he sold it after being unable to get that damn seventh Chaos Emerald. I eventually got my own copy, but what really got me into the Sonic games was Unleashed, my second Sonic game. Very late to the party, but still good times.
Oh man, I had those Happy Meal toys too. I legitimately played them loads, same with the Spyro ones. :p

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
The first game will be the Sonic adventure(not the DX version0, but I played the demo version. When I got my gamecube system for Christmas along with Super Mario sunshine and Sonic mega collection, that's when I got into Sonic. Sonic the hedgehog 3 was one of my favorite Sonic game along with Sonic Heroes and Adventure Dx. I didn't Sonic know much at the time before then because I was alittle kid until I got my gifts in 2002.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On the other hand, I could give solid basis for calling Rosalina somewhat of a tomboy as she's been a talented engineer/mechanic/architect since she was a little girl, and in Mario Kart, she favours big, fast, heavy vehicles.
That isn't entirely true in the CPU's point of view though, since in Mario Kart Wii, Rosalina will use any large vehicle, even the likes of the Offroader or Wario Bike. The same dilemma applies to Mario Kart 7 as well, where a CPU Rosalina will sometimes use the Birthday Girl (Royal Ribbon).

In Mario Kart 8, Rosalina might use the Circuit Special, but that's the only vehicle with a positive ground speed boost that a CPU Rosalina will use; all her other vehicle picks are either the Standard Kart, the Standard Bike, the Standard ATV, or the Pipe Frame.

Even I tend to contradict that very statement with my Rosalina + Biddybuggy usage.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yep.

Rosalina ''liking'' or ''favoring'' Big vehicles is a plain and individual Headcanon.

In MKWii , Rosalina would obviously use large vehicles . Well duh , she is restricted to use them since that's how the game arranged them. They are exclusive to the large class.

In MK7 , Rosalina can be seen using any type of vehicle , Like anybody else , you can see Peach with Monster tires etc... , like many other characters but as stated above , she would occasionally favor the Birthday girl. However this is just steretypicaly arranged , as the Birthday girl kart is only used by Female CPU (Honey , Rosalina , Peach and Daisy) while the males never use it unless it's the player.

In MK8 Rosalina still uses normal combinations along with some others like the ATV in her promotionals. But the thing is , that all the other CPU can use it too , i believe Rosalina (and many others) don't have an ''unique'' CPU combo.

For Example Peach is the only female CPU (IIRC , i think PGP can too) That can use the Badwagon . Rosalina doesn't , and Daisy doesn't pick it either. Meanwhile , CPU Rosalina is seen in the Circuit Special , the Standard kart , the Retro Standard Kart , The normal Bike.

All three standard Vehicles above can be used by any CPU.

PGP , Peach and many others can use the CS.

The ATV is not exclusive to Heavy CPU , and if it was then it wouldn't have anything to do with Rosalina , it would have to do with the fact that the Heavy people prefer it , and thus Rosalina being in a Heavy class would be forced to used it.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Just gonna say this.

The Direct was a huge dissapoinment.

FF character as first reveal? Really? i don't even... i mean i don't hate the reveal but i'm confused as hell.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Holy crap I didn't expect Cloud.

I would have personally preferred an FF Rep that's more Nintendo related, like Black Mage or Cecil Harvey, but I am well versed with Cloud (don't like FFVII so I haven't really played it, but I like Advent Children, adore Crisis Core and Dissidia, and he's featured fairly prominently in Kingdom Hearts and I'm a huge fan of that game). And he looks cool to play as.

Not sure if I'll add him to my mains and nobody can replace Rosalina anyway, but I'll probably use him in casuals at least.

Nintendo really do like advertising for Sony, though...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Pretty sure no one expected Cloud to be in Smash Bros. except maybe fans of the Final Fantasy games.

I'll definitely pick him up but Rosalina will always be irreplaceable.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina has made it into Mario And Sonic at the Olympics.
Her model looks weird and her proportions look real off but it looks like the 3DS version and that's always been the case with her 3DS models besides Mario Golf.

Hoping she looks much better on 3DS.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The only thing that intrests me about the game is the guy voiced by Anthony Del Rio(Pit/Dark Pit)
Which guy?
Nintendo really do like advertising for Sony, though...
Or Squre-Enix to be exact.
Yes!
I was busy over other threads after the Direct...
Wow , was that in the direct? I didn't see it because i left .
This was in the Japanese Direct. I knew Japanese Direct will get more news.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games was not shown in the direct. Rosalina being in the game is all new to me.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I called it , a swimsuit.

Hers is unique though , it has a very mini skirt based on her dress and long sleeves and it's more green-ish than blue-ish.

nice.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wasn't talking about what CPUs use, I was talking about what her bios say.
Sometimes, the bios can contradict one another. An example of this being the relationship between Wario and Waluigi, where those two likely aren't related in any way; even Charles Martinet stated that they're just "two nice, evil guys who found each other".

That game was never present on today's Nintendo Direct, so some other source must've spilled the beans. I will say that that outfit looks way off to me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which guy?

Or Squre-Enix to be exact.

Yes!
I was busy over other threads after the Direct...

This was in the Japanese Direct. I knew Japanese Direct will get more news.
I don't remember his name, but I think it's Choco or Chico(something like that, maybe even Echo)

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Sometimes, the bios can contradict one another. An example of this being the relationship between Wario and Waluigi, where those two likely aren't related in any way; even Charles Martinet stated that they're just "two nice, evil guys who found each other".

That game was never present on today's Nintendo Direct, so some other source must've spilled the beans. I will say that that outfit looks way off to me.
It was the japanese one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure it was in the Japanese Direct. The directs were different between regions.

For example, I was watching the European Direct, and it never mentioned anything about a Gold Mega Man Amiibo, so that means Europe is being shafted just like with Gold and Silver Mario.

Which I am incredibly annoyed by. It's even bundle exclusive, but 3DS games are also region locked, so I can't even play the game if I import the bundle. So I will maybe give it to my New York friend, assuming he doesn't want that bundle himself.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm pretty sure it was in the Japanese Direct. The directs were different between regions.

For example, I was watching the European Direct, and it never mentioned anything about a Gold Mega Man Amiibo, so that means Europe is being shafted just like with Gold and Silver Mario.

Which I am incredibly annoyed by. It's even bundle exclusive, but 3DS games are also region locked, so I can't even play the game if I import the bundle. So I will maybe give it to my New York friend, assuming he doesn't want that bundle himself.
But Cloud though...WWE and New Day predicted it

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Cloud ... More anime , more swords , more cash-grab from Third party fans and a series that has little to no to do with Nintendo.

Yep , I pass. I'd rather have King K Rool or Shantae.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cloud ... More anime , more swords , more cash-grab from Third party fans and a series that has little to no to do with Nintendo.

Yep , I pass. I'd rather have King K Rool or Shantae.
Nintendo gets the best Final Fantasy spinoff, and had some of the old school games though, so that isn't little to nothing to me(it's pretty much just like Sora and somewhat Snake)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sword fighters are awesome. I'm definitely throwing my money for him anyways.

I've always to play a Final Fantasy game but I never owned a PlayStation console before.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sword fighters are awesome. I'm definitely throwing my money for him anyways.

I've always to play a Final Fantasy game but I never owned a PlayStation console before.
WWE predicted this somehow

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do wonder if Cloud was the end winner of the Smash Ballot. If so, then I'm not so certain about Smash 4's future with the DLC characters. I guess we'll just have to wait another month to see what will be in store for us.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo gets the best Final Fantasy spinoff, and had some of the old school games though, so that isn't little to nothing to me(it's pretty much just like Sora and somewhat Snake)
Dissidia isn't on Nintendo. :V

I do wonder if Cloud was the end winner of the Smash Ballot. If so, then I'm not so certain about Smash 4's future with the DLC characters. I guess we'll just have to wait another month to see what will be in store for us.
Square Enix have always been a huge Nintendo partner. I don't think the ballot had much to do with him.

Hell, four of the 3DS games in that Direct were from SE.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm hearing he was pre-planned before the ballot ended...but that's the Smash fanbase we're talking about so we don't know for sure if he is or isn't the Smash ballot winner.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Surprised it wasn't Lighting. Even though she isn't that popular , she is basically the new mascot of those games.

My biggest concern is that literally nobody wanted that character. I don't mind his inclusion but his reveal didn't impact as much since he was not HEAVILY requested. That and the fact that his moveset doesn't look ''amazing'' and his final smash looks like a ripoff from Ike's.

It's just nothing we haven't seen.

Anime check
Sword check
Japanese anime voice check
Unispired moveset check

Good for the FF fans , but i'm not sure.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Since more announcements are coming next month , i assume his inclusion has nothing to do with the ballot.

And more logic , since as i said , Other characters were clearly more requested.

He is just like a bonus , but i feel that he didn't got the hype up to most people expectations.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since more announcements are coming next month , i assume his inclusion has nothing to do with the ballot.

And more logic , since as i said , Other characters were clearly more requested.

He is just like a bonus , but i feel that he didn't got the hype up to most people expectations.
Frankly, even a returning veteran, or a Final Fantasy character who actually has been on a Nintendo console (such as Chocobo) would've received more hype than Cloud, but I guess there had to be some sort of reference to Final Fantasy when you consider that some of the Final Fantasy job characters played in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, and Mario Sports Mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom