• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
:rosalina:''Would you spend the night with me?'' Having dinner and playing Sudoku.

Not cosplay this time , But it reflects something i like.
This texture is called ''spider''. Not because there's spider patterns , but it started that way so the name stays as ''Dark Rosalina'' sounds dumb and uncreative. Not noticeable but includes Black , Half-moon-pattern stockings.
Crownless Spider Queen , to be precise.

This actually reminds me of DarkyBenji's texture hacks, even though yours is far from similar.
http://www.darkygallery.fr/crbst_17.html
His texture mod over Rosalina is called Darky Rosalina.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have bad internet at home, I'll be lucky to even post all this at once.
Because of my internet, I plan on uploading them at School. However at School, imgur is blocked and I can't view images from that site. I can however see the images Mario & Sonic Guy post, which is why I want to know what image site he uses.
And 230+ pictures will take an incredibly long time to upload from my Wii U regardless, and I can upload straight to Smashboards.

But thanks for your input regardless, I know you were just trying to help.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
So adoraaaable :3

Even if Rosalina's Final Smash was using an actual Grand Star, I'd still be underwhelmed. I personally think it should have been something incorporating Luma transforming (since he's part of the pair, he should get a role too), or a cinematic one (like Mega Man and Shulk) where she rams the Comet Observatory through her enemies, like in that one scene in Galaxy. It's pretty much her Crowning Moment of Awesome, and the Comet Observatory is sorely missing from this game.
I think they were a bit lazy (a bit, I mean the game is really complete) for the Comet Observatory. Modelizing it would take a lot of time, and making it a final smash would also be pretty hard for the poor 3DS (however, a Comet Observatory stage on Wii U would have been pretty cool, with the moving platforms, launch stars and teleporters. Oh, and when you go into the Library, the sad part of the remix "Rosalina in the Observatory/Luma's theme" plays)

Plus, her actual final smash reflects Luma: some Lumas transform into Power/Grand Stars when they become adults.
In fact, in her final smash, she makes appear another Luma, but an adult one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So adoraaaable :3

I think they were a bit lazy (a bit, I mean the game is really complete) for the Comet Observatory. Modelizing it would take a lot of time, and making it a final smash would also be pretty hard for the poor 3DS (however, a Comet Observatory stage on Wii U would have been pretty cool, with the moving platforms, launch stars and teleporters. Oh, and when you go into the Library, the sad part of the remix "Rosalina in the Observatory/Luma's theme" plays)

Plus, her actual final smash reflects Luma: some Lumas transform into Power/Grand Stars when they become adults.
In fact, in her final smash, she makes appear another Luma, but an adult one.
Luma doesn't actually do anything though. If Luma transformed into a Grand Star it would be better, but the Luma you have with you doesn't do anything. And if you don't have Luma with you he doesn't show up to transform either. It's just Rosalina pulling a Power Stars out of nowhere (...Her gown?).

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Luma doesn't actually do anything though. If Luma transformed into a Grand Star it would be better, but the Luma you have with you doesn't do anything. And if you don't have Luma with you he doesn't show up to transform either. It's just Rosalina pulling a Power Stars out of nowhere (...Her gown?).
Yeah, I know Luma's just here, dacing like an idiot, but if she(?)/he(?)/it(?) transforms into the Star, then Rosalina would be alone, and alone, she would be killed easily. I mean, her final smash is, technically, the most powerful one (or is there another one capable of making freaking 250% of damages ? idk), but on a big stage, it's useless. So, if Lumas becomes the useless star, and if Rosalina needs to stand next to him... her... it, she would more useless.

Plus, the Power Star isn't one of her creations. She doesn't create it with her powers she "summons" it. It means it comes of somewhere, and in the Observatory, there are 121 (and I personally used her final smash more than 700 times). That means everytime she "summons" a Power Star, that is a Luma who just becomes adult.

I hope for them they don't need to wait a cycle of the Universe to reborn...

TriTails

Smash Lord
The whole 250% damage isn't really... useable since some FS can just ****s them over without racking up ridiculous damage (Yo. Poltergust 5000 that cover THE ENTIRE FINAL DESTINATION and guaranteed kill at 40~% (For Bowser) on 3DS. I imagine it'd be more useful than Power Star simply on how simple it is to use. It works godly on smaller stages and the range is absurd). The damage racking isn't really useful since the means of a Final Smash is basically 'Unleash your most powerful move to KO them!' and not 'Rack up their damage to 999% to be able to easily KO them afterwards'. Get trapped in the middle though... guaranteed KO.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
The whole 250% damage isn't really... useable since some FS can just ****s them over without racking up ridiculous damage (Yo. Poltergust 5000 that cover THE ENTIRE FINAL DESTINATION and guaranteed kill at 40~% (For Bowser) on 3DS. I imagine it'd be more useful than Power Star simply on how simple it is to use. It works godly on smaller stages and the range is absurd). The damage racking isn't really useful since the means of a Final Smash is basically 'Unleash your most powerful move to KO them!' and not 'Rack up their damage to 999% to be able to easily KO them afterwards'. Get trapped in the middle though... guaranteed KO.
That is why I said "technically". I know it's freaking useless and that you're not sure to KO with it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, I know Luma's just here, dacing like an idiot, but if she(?)/he(?)/it(?) transforms into the Star, then Rosalina would be alone, and alone, she would be killed easily. I mean, her final smash is, technically, the most powerful one (or is there another one capable of making freaking 250% of damages ? idk), but on a big stage, it's useless. So, if Lumas becomes the useless star, and if Rosalina needs to stand next to him... her... it, she would more useless.

Plus, the Power Star isn't one of her creations. She doesn't create it with her powers she "summons" it. It means it comes of somewhere, and in the Observatory, there are 121 (and I personally used her final smash more than 700 times). That means everytime she "summons" a Power Star, that is a Luma who just becomes adult.

I hope for them they don't need to wait a cycle of the Universe to reborn...
But the Luma can transform back is what I'm saying. And I don't know why you say Rosalina is useless without him, that's far from the truth.

And I'm pretty sure Rosalina can make Power Stars. She just pulls the one from her Final Smash out of nowhere.

How is the 300% damage not useful? It literally means you can easily KO an opponent who just freshly spawned. Not the case with any other Final Smash in the game.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
But the Luma can transform back is what I'm saying. And I don't know why you say Rosalina is useless without him, that's far from the truth.

And I'm pretty sure Rosalina can make Power Stars. She just pulls the one from her Final Smash out of nowhere.

How is the 300% damage not useful? It literally means you can easily KO an opponent who just freshly spawned. Not the case with any other Final Smash in the game.
Oh, yeah. If Luma turns back, then it makes sense.

She does have a Luma for a reason, in the game. I think she could battle alone, but y'know, trying to have more techniques could be the reason she fights with her children. So she could have lower her own powers to don't be too powerful in Sm4sh. If she fought at full power with a Luma, that would be overcheat.

If she could make Power Stars, then the Mario Galaxy 1 episode would be useless. If she could, why asking Mario's help for them ?
I mean, making things appear is possible: in Mario Golf: World Tour, when she enters the area, she floats with a Luma dancing happily. Then, black screen, and not Luma anymore, but Rosalina with a floating golf club.
When the other characters enter the area, they have their golf club in hands. Not Rosie.
Or the Luma turns into a golf club... I don't know xD

And when Luma respawns, it appears next to Rosalina (I think she teleports it, can really Lumas teleport themselves ?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I must have said it a thousand times now, but Rosalina didn't actually need Mario's help at all in Galaxy. It was just stupid writing.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I must have said it a thousand times now, but Rosalina didn't actually need Mario's help at all in Galaxy. It was just stupid writing.
Mmh ? And why ? I'm curious... Cause that stupid writing is the game, and you can't deny the entire game... Can you ? xD

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mmh ? And why ? I'm curious... Cause that stupid writing is the game, and you can't deny the entire game... Can you ? xD
She can fly, teleport, and change size, in a platform game, and out platforms Mario in 3D World.

I don't even need to go into her goddess shenanigans and all of that. That's really all you need to prove it.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
She can fly, teleport, and change size, in a platform game, and out platforms Mario in 3D World.

I don't even need to go into her goddess shenanigans and all of that. That's really all you need to prove it.
I was waiting something more... Relevant, but then.

It's true she can do all of that, but leaving the Lumas stuck in space and so be in the grip of being attacked with no means to escape isn't really a good idea in her mind I think.

And I'm not sure Miyamoto was ready to release a "Super Mario Babysitter"
Where Mario babysitts, baby stars he never met before for a women that's like 7" tall, who lives on a starship in space and who says she watches him since a lot of time. (it's true I alway found that strange. She... Observes him ? Why ? Did she gave him and the other the "star baby" power ? xD)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My headcanon is actually that Rosalina didn't want to leave the Lumas alone, but the point is they never actually give an explanation for this in-game. And besides, the fact that Bowser was able to take the Power Stars at all was complete bull.

Rosalina was crammed into the game as a main character/goddess figure later on in development, which would be the most likely reason for those problems in the core game's plot.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
My headcanon is actually that Rosalina didn't want to leave the Lumas alone, but the point is they never actually give an explanation for this in-game. And besides, the fact that Bowser was able to take the Power Stars at all was complete bull.

Rosalina was crammed into the game as a main character/goddess figure later on in development, which would be the most likely reason for those problems in the core game's plot.
Seems legit for me.

Bowser was able to take the Power Stars because he did it when Rosalina wasn't looking. He takes her by surprise, and not even by fighting her. He just built a machine capable of taking the stars away of her ship, and he did it when she had over things to do.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Seems legit for me.

Bowser was able to take the Power Stars because he did it when Rosalina wasn't looking. He takes her by surprise, and not even by fighting her. He just built a machine capable of taking the stars away of her ship, and he did it when she had over things to do.
Yeah but I'm pretty sure she would have noticed where the Power Stars were being absorbed to though. She could have just teleported on over and taught him a lesson.

Once again, it was just rushed, poor writing. They just need an excuse for us to play the game. Mario had to be the one even though Rosalina could have sorted it.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Yeah but I'm pretty sure she would have noticed where the Power Stars were being absorbed to though. She could have just teleported on over and taught him a lesson.

Once again, it was just rushed, poor writing. They just need an excuse for us to play the game. Mario had to be the one even though Rosalina could have sorted it.
And because Miyamoto didn't understand Rosalina's presence.
For him, a new character doesn't have any sense : "We already have Peach, why a new female character ?"

In Galaxy 2, he removes the explaination part between Rosalina and Lubba because he thought the game wasn't enough focusing on Mario.
God, you play Mario in the whole game, you hear his voice throughout the ENTIRE game, but it's true that Rosalina would appear more than one time in the game with that explaination (but I loved the integration of the Cosmic Spirit though).

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I hope to be able to upload all of my 230 or so Smash Bros. pictures soon. I copied all the pictures from my SD card onto my laptop, this includes plenty of Rosalina. Such as one where it looks like she's conjuring a Tornado, her down tilt, cute pictures with her and Luma

Unfortunately, my Wii U wouldn't read the SD card anymore and I had to format it. So now I can't look at the on my Wii U.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy what image upload site do you use? Photobucket or something like that isn't it?
Speaking of which, I have my old SD card after I done my 3DS XL to New 3DS XL transfer. Which has my old photos too. I think I need to take it out and backup.
I sometimes have a fear that one day my micro SD suddenly don't read. It happen before to my old 3DS' SD card, but that old SD card was once wash into laundry, so it's normal for that to happen, and it always works again when I re put the SD card. But my micro SD I formatted before so I think it can be fine for quite a while... I hope.
And still haven't tried the micro SD management yet...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So I found this:
Turns out that dying to Rosalina's Final Smash is pretty terrible. No surprise there. The rest of the video is pretty corny, but there was a really funny part, so if you're gonna watch the video, watch the rest of it.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I found this:
Turns out that dying to Rosalina's Final Smash is pretty terrible. No surprise there. The rest of the video is pretty corny, but there was a really funny part, so if you're gonna watch the video, watch the rest of it.
I don't really get the point of this video. It confuse me with "100 worst ways to die in Smash bros", gee, a video from Smash central says Rosalina's FS sucks, now another thinks that it's terrible to get KOed by Rosalina's final smash...
And I remember there was other videos like this before but I just can't find it...
Edit: Trying to dig through my Youtube history... urgh just can't find it...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Rosalina didn't want to hurt Mario's feelings, and Bowser's probably scared of her.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I found this:
That's a ****ed up video. But I couldn't stop myself from laughing at most of those. lol

TriTails

Smash Lord
Ignore my last statement. I get stupid sometimes.

So I found this:
The Ganon trapped in the lava chamber thing was funny. EVEN more when Ganon hit solid ground and the screen points out 'not teching' and Ganon went BUM BAM DA BAM again.

And ALMOST surviving.... *sigh*.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remembered @Krazy4Krash did some Miiverse research in the past discovered and Rosalina was the most anticipated first party newcomer for Smash 4.

I'm considering doing some extensive research on Sakurai's Miiverse posts myself, and I can verify that claim. Rosalina's Reveal Trailer is the second most liked of all of Sakurai's Miiverse post, as far as I can tell, and is one of the only two to pass the 20,000 "Yeahs" mark.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In case no one has noticed by now, four more character discussion threads have been made earlier. For a future tip, if you're trying to find the older discussion threads more easily without always going to the directory thread, you can always narrow down which threads are displayed by having the forum only display the threads that have the "Meta" prefix on them.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I remembered @Krazy4Krash did some Miiverse research in the past discovered and Rosalina was the most anticipated first party newcomer for Smash 4.

I'm considering doing some extensive research on Sakurai's Miiverse posts myself, and I can verify that claim. Rosalina's Reveal Trailer is the second most liked of all of Sakurai's Miiverse post, as far as I can tell, and is one of the only two to pass the 20,000 "Yeahs" mark.

Really? But why now there are a number of people bragging her appear in too many games recently?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Are there still people looking through his Miiverse posts?
Sometimes if I'm bored, yeah, I will. I'm sure there are some people who likes to look back through Miiverse posts.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I wish I can I'm surprised. I rarely have the time or the effort to look back through his posts.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kinda just want to weigh up which newcomers were most popular in Smash 4, and it seems it's actually Rosalina going by Miiverse character announcements.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My favorite Miiverse posts Sakurai made are definitely everything that has Rosalina in it. <3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My favorite Miiverse posts Sakurai made are definitely everything that has Rosalina in it. <3
The following screenshot probably comes to mind when you think about the Rosalina-related posts that Sakurai made.

Even cosmic mothers need to get some rest.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The following screenshot probably comes to mind when you think about the Rosalina-related posts that Sakurai made.

Yeah.. this one :)
I suddenly blushed a bit when saw this pic...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

That's actually my favorite one right there.
I also like it when Sable (or Mable) is watching her sleep.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So I tried to go to the photobucket site and unfortunatly the site doesn't load properly.

I might be able to upload them tomorrow while I'm at tafe which allows more sites when I'm on one of their computers, But I still want to upload them to a site that sin't blocked on my laptop.

But I can upload a couple of pictures straight to smashboards right now though
HNI_0087 (2).JPG
HNI_0077 (2).JPG
HNI_0086 (2).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom