• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
@ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle I was wandering with your hacking ability if you could rip the announcer voice from Mario Kart 8 that calls out different things on Sunshine Airport and Super Bell Subway. (Announcer probably isn't the right word)

I tried to listen to it in game, but its so quiet that I can't even hear it over the kart engine.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It only stops spinning when it gets hit. This also happened again in the same match.
That "glitch" is actually an advanced technique that is great in high level Rosalina play, basically allows you to set Luma up as a trap. Since Luma's jab finisher is a viable KO move, this can even be used to set up easy KOs if he's in the air when it happens.

Also try setting it up on the ground and grabbing opponents on top of Luma as he spins. Very satisfying to do.

EDIT: LOL was watching a Rosalina & Luma combo video and it had this perfect image at the end.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Honest to say, I was really piss off when she was in Bowser jr's trailer, and I was heartbroke when she got spammed by Lucas in his trailer. I do like Lucas, but...

Yep. And you can see the cosmos under her skirt behind her feet.

Really not sure of that because of the last scene. Her right foot is standing like in the first picture I posted, and we see her white skin, not the reflection of the Road's floor.
But then... xD

Anyway, I saw someone saying that Rosalina didn't have to be in the new Mario & Sonic because she was appearing everywhere. That is a thought I find ironic. If she's appearing everywhere, she is sensed to appear there xD
Her appearance afraid me a bit. Seeing her in a swimsuit for example would be pretty stange I think. But I'm not against it ^^

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That "glitch" is actually an advanced technique that is great in high level Rosalina play, basically allows you to set Luma up as a trap. Since Luma's jab finisher is a viable KO move, this can even be used to set up easy KOs if he's in the air when it happens.

Also try setting it up on the ground and grabbing opponents on top of Luma as he spins. Very satisfying to do.

EDIT: LOL was watching a Rosalina & Luma combo video and it had this perfect image at the end.

Seen this video, this was before the 1.0 6 patch.

Really not sure of that because of the last scene. Her right foot is standing like in the first picture I posted, and we see her white skin, not the reflection of the Road's floor.
But then... xD

Anyway, I saw someone saying that Rosalina didn't have to be in the new Mario & Sonic because she was appearing everywhere. That is a thought I find ironic. If she's appearing everywhere, she is sensed to appear there xD
Her appearance afraid me a bit. Seeing her in a swimsuit for example would be pretty stange I think. But I'm not against it ^^
I will love her to appear in many Mario games, I don't really get it why many people feel irritated of seeing her in many games. Every Mario game can't be good without Rosalina in my opinion.

I will buy Splatoon earlier if they do this.
Could there be a Rosalina Splatoon costume?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, so remember when Mario Party 10 had a Super Mario version of the Rosalina amiibo? Well, it's pretty much confirmed at this point that she will be released in this form. Someone who researched the the amiibo coding found something rather interesting.

"Here's another interesting case, Rosalina & Luma:
00 04 01 00

Rosalina & Luma is defined as the second version of the Rosalina character with this third byte, meaning an amiibo of Rosalina alone is very possible."

If you wanna read the whole thing, here it is:
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/38hwbm/nfc_character_identification_my_findings_on_the/

I will buy Splatoon earlier if they do this.
Well you're both not that far off. It could have a chance of happening (at least I think so). On Squidboards, there was a "leak" about the Mario amiibo unlocking some Super Mario Sunshine content in Splatoon. Although it seemed fake at first, it does have some small credibility. You can read the rest of it there, but it basically said that Dr. Mario was originally compatible with Splatoon on the amiibo website, and the coding that Mario and Dr. Mario have are nearly identical, so either one could possibly be used with Splatoon.

How does this fit with the Rosalina costume? Well, if Mario turns out to be compatible, there could be a chance for other costumes as well, like Rosalina and other Nintendo characters.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know about both of those things, but I don't think they're related - I just posted the Inkling Rosalina fan art because I thought it looked cool.

Regarding Sunshine X Splatoon, I'm not sure it's real, but I've thought of a few possibilities of what it actually is if it is real:

-A new mode where 1 player plays as Mario and the rest play as Inklings. Inklings work together to cover the level in ink/survive, Mario cleans up after them and tries to take them out. Mario cannot turn into a squid obviously, but he outruns the Inkling's kid form, and he outjumps them. And he has more versatility with his FLUDD, such as spinning around and spraying water.

-A slightly retooled version of the single-player mode that allows you to play as Mario.

-A bonus level with a boss fight against Mario at the end in single-player.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I know about both of those things, but I don't think they're related - I just posted the Inkling Rosalina fan art because I thought it looked cool.

Regarding Sunshine X Splatoon, I'm not sure it's real, but I've thought of a few possibilities of what it actually is if it is real:

-A new mode where 1 player plays as Mario and the rest play as Inklings. Inklings work together to cover the level in ink/survive, Mario cleans up after them and tries to take them out. Mario cannot turn into a squid obviously, but he outruns the Inkling's kid form, and he outjumps them. And he has more versatility with his FLUDD, such as spinning around and spraying water.

-A slightly retooled version of the single-player mode that allows you to play as Mario.

-A bonus level with a boss fight against Mario at the end in single-player.
Well, the Rosalina thing is really far-fetched. Is there a chance for it? I think so. Will it happen? Most likely no.

By the way, I like your idea with the Sunshine X Splatoon. From what I know, there is going to be additional modes in the future since it was said in a Splatoon interview. So maybe Sunshine X Splatoon might happen.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean, if Mario Sunshine themed Amiibo DLC is anything like the ideas I presented, I'd probably be much more encouraged to get the game, so I hope it happens. I'm not a big fan of Sunshine due to it's often terrible level/mission structure and I did think the tropical setting got repetitive, but in terms of the concept and how Mario controlled in that game, I loved those aspects and using FLUDD is fun. I think they'd translate much better into Splatoon than they did into Sunshine's levels, so I'd love to see something happen there. I don't like how Splatoon launched a new Amiibo line for the sole reason of locking essential content behind a huge paywall, but the Mario Amiibo is something most people already have to use in a game like Smash, so adding a little Mario Sunshine content to Splatoon and tying it to the Mario Amiibo is justified in my book, as it adds utility to a product people already have.

As far as a new Rosalina Amiibo coming out, well we already kinda knew that was happening - they have the design for one in Mario Party 10 already, and I doubt they will end the Super Mario line at the initial 6 they released.

What I find interesting about that Reddit user's research is that the Smash Rosalina (& Luma) figure is classified as the "second edition" of the Rosalina character ID. That essentially means a new Rosalina figure could have some unique uses the Smash one doesn't have. I could also see them making a Luma Amiibo that functions as Rosalina and Luma in Smash, but as himself elsewhere.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I love these images:

Too bad the last one isn't the case anymore since DLC is out.
From what I've seen she's still the most popular.

Link was kind of a passing fad, most people just kinda moved back to Rosalina, DK, or Morton.

Isabelle is gonna be kinda the same, though I think she'll wear off faster. Her series isn't as popular and she's not a cruiser-weight either. I don't even see much of her at all as it is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still play Mario Kart 8 at times, though doing casual online races has been pretty tough when your recent opponents are never around to race against.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay, so remember when Mario Party 10 had a Super Mario version of the Rosalina amiibo? Well, it's pretty much confirmed at this point that she will be released in this form. Someone who researched the the amiibo coding found something rather interesting.

"Here's another interesting case, Rosalina & Luma:
00 04 01 00

Rosalina & Luma is defined as the second version of the Rosalina character with this third byte, meaning an amiibo of Rosalina alone is very possible."

If you wanna read the whole thing, here it is:
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/38hwbm/nfc_character_identification_my_findings_on_the/

Well you're both not that far off. It could have a chance of happening (at least I think so). On Squidboards, there was a "leak" about the Mario amiibo unlocking some Super Mario Sunshine content in Splatoon. Although it seemed fake at first, it does have some small credibility. You can read the rest of it there, but it basically said that Dr. Mario was originally compatible with Splatoon on the amiibo website, and the coding that Mario and Dr. Mario have are nearly identical, so either one could possibly be used with Splatoon.

How does this fit with the Rosalina costume? Well, if Mario turns out to be compatible, there could be a chance for other costumes as well, like Rosalina and other Nintendo characters.
I wonder how does Mario turn into a Squid...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A video that has a bunch of Amiibo costumes from Yoshi's Wooly World surfaced. No close up look at the Rosalina one yet, but you can see her:

Really adorable touch with the Luma on the saddle.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A video that has a bunch of Amiibo costumes from Yoshi's Wooly World surfaced. No close up look at the Rosalina one yet, but you can see her:

Really adorable touch with the Luma on the saddle.
Was there other characters, like Shulk, Link etc?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They had pretty much every other character, except Shulk and Pac-Man in the video. Costumes for those two do exist though.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
What happens when you combine 2 of your favorite characters???

This , happens...

Rosalina with Morrigan's costume!

Made this today , and i can't wait to try it out!

There's never enough Morrigan , Morrigan costume is always the right costume

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

This , happens...

Cool! I wanna try that mod you made! Can you share it? It's so well done! :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

This , happens...

Whiah.. now that's...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looks a little flat for both Rosalina and Morrigan, though I guess it depends on the model you use as a base.

Funnily enough, there's already fanart of it:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Looks a little flat for both Rosalina and Morrigan, though I guess it depends on the model you use as a base.

This artist hasn't make any new art for a year now...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

For Morrigan yes , for Rosalina no.

Morrigan has actual Big Breast , though somehow classy as she only relies on cleveage shots.

Rosalina doesn't have , her bust is normal.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For Morrigan yes , for Rosalina no.

Morrigan has actual Big Breast , though somehow classy as she only relies on cleveage shots.

Rosalina doesn't have , her bust is normal.

I guess we aren't looking at the same character then.

I live in Ireland, where the average size is higher, and even for me that's well above average.

Especially considering that Rosalina is bigger than the average woman proportionally.

They just look smaller in the gown because, well, that's what nightgowns do.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Still doesn't classify as ''big'' like Morrigan for example ; But she is a Mario character , so let's keep it classy.

You do have a point though , her proportions have to be bigger , is expected in everyway as her body is more womanly , Peach's and Daisy's bodies are more delicate from what i have seen in models ; Rosalina's hips are totally a catch .

Lastly , well... I think we are actually looking at the same character ... the difference is that my eyes don't go ''there'' while yours apparently do for some reason.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Still doesn't classify as ''big'' like Morrigan for example ; But she is a Mario character , so let's keep it classy.

You do have a point though , her proportions have to be bigger , is expected in everyway as her body is more womanly , Peach's and Daisy's bodies are more delicate from what i have seen in models ; Rosalina's hips are totally a catch .

Lastly , well... I think we are actually looking at the same character ... the difference is that my eyes don't go ''there'' while yours apparently do for some reason.
You just had to turn that into a high brow thing didn't you? It stands to reason that my eyes went "there" when it was literally the subject of our conversation.

---------------

Anyway, there was some Mario colouring book that came with a Japanese Nintendo magazine, and it has a Rosalina page with her full 2D artwork from 3D World:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
You just had to turn that into a high brow thing didn't you? It stands to reason that my eyes went "there" when it was literally the subject of our conversation.

---------------

Anyway, there was some Mario colouring book that came with a Japanese Nintendo magazine, and it has a Rosalina page with her full 2D artwork from 3D World:

i didn't mean it in a bad way. You have eyes , use them. But if it bothers you , then there's always a reason behind.

And it's true , i personally don't look in there , and apparently you do.

Nothing less nothing more.

Btw there's this:

Little difference TBH , But we may try again with the MK8 models sometime in the future.

Cute artwork btw.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

I guess we aren't looking at the same character then.

I live in Ireland, where the average size is higher, and even for me that's well above average.

Especially considering that Rosalina is bigger than the average woman proportionally.

They just look smaller in the gown because, well, that's what nightgowns do.
It's true they look big there...
Seen this video, this was before the 1.0 6 patch.

I will love her to appear in many Mario games, I don't really get it why many people feel irritated of seeing her in many games. Every Mario game can't be good without Rosalina in my opinion.

I think that too. Their arguments are pretty much illogic, y'know... That's the basic ones "She's taking other's characters places", "She overrused !"
But well, they don't have a choice in that, so, I don't care a lot xD

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i didn't mean it in a bad way. You have eyes , use them. But if it bothers you , then there's always a reason behind.

And it's true , i personally don't look in there , and apparently you do.

Nothing less nothing more.

Btw there's this:

Little difference TBH , But we may try again with the MK8 models sometime in the future.

Cute artwork btw.
comp 1.jpg

And here they are actually sized down as Rosalina was in general in 3D World. Plus, she's wearing the gown, which bunches them inwards.

The MKWii biker models used the same body model for the three of them, but MK8 actually differentiates it. They clearly have different bodies in it.

Though I won't go much further into it.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Then again , Comparisons with Dresses on are useless considering that Rosalina's dress has a 'heart'' shaped in the chest area , with each boob being defined.

Peach's dress however , has her chest ''Round'' because thats her desing , and doesn't define her boobs.

In any artwork Rosalina's boobs are defined Because that's what her dress does:

But doesn't mean they are actually big.

Meanwhile Peach's dress desing Never allows her to have her boobs ''marked'' in spot it looks like round , very modest chest desing but still with proportion.

The MKWii biker models used the same body model for the three of them, but MK8 actually differentiates it.
They clearly have different bodies in it.

FALSE. Not only Peach is still slightly taller than Daisy , But Rosalina's model is More curvy than the others. She also has a smaller waist and thicker hips.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^Rosalina's dress holds her's back though, is what I'm saying, though.

Also you're using an old Peach render. Newer ones define her more:

Then in Smash, they outright give Peach a boobjob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom