• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i was going to use the MP10 render , but it didnt load.

Because as you can see , it's still not defined like Rosa's visible 2 BOOBS; In Peach's artworks you cannot see the 2 , you see them together and make a round bust.

In Smash there's a little bit more definition , but not as much as Rosalina's.

Clearly a pair and you can see each one , in the case of Peach , you can't unless you look into it with detail.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyway, what are everyone's E3 hopes/expectations regarding Rosalina? I reckon she is bound to show up in something. I think she will likely be revealed for the new Mario & Sonic game at E3.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wow, everyone is now talking about the 3D model stuff. I'm not gonna reply these since I don't really know much about render stuff....
^Rosalina's dress holds her's back though, is what I'm saying, though.

Also you're using an old Peach render. Newer ones define her more:

Then in Smash, they outright give Peach a boobjob.
I really like how they made Peach look more similar like in Smash Bros in the MP10 artwork.
Anyway, what are everyone's E3 hopes/expectations regarding Rosalina? I reckon she is bound to show up in something. I think she will likely be revealed for the new Mario & Sonic game at E3.
I really,really hope so.

And I recently saw this video made by Smashcentral "Top 5 WORST final Smash" which there are a bit errors of him talking about Final Smash. And the last part really piss me off. I do think that Rosalina's final smash wasn't that good. But it's way more better than DK's final smash, he forgot about one thing: SHE CAN STILL MOVE! If you saw your opponent are running away, just throw them to the star!
And most of the transformation final smash has nerf a bit in my opinion, transformation time feel short compare to brawl.
At whole, it really depends how you sue the Final Smash.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's Final Smash is actually really good on small stages. On bigger stages, it's still great if you are good at catching people at the start and keeping them pressured inside it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina's Final Smash is actually really good on small stages. On bigger stages, it's still great if you are good at catching people at the start and keeping them pressured inside it.
And ridiculously, he didn't mention DK's Final Smash at all. He only criticizes Robin's Final Smash made Chrom fans cry (even though Sakurai later explained why Chrom wasn't in Smash Bros was because he though there will be too many sword characters), and Charizard' final Smash can only use two moves, but what about Yoshi's final Smash?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina cosplaying Round 2!!!

This time ... an actual Biker and Zombie Killer!!!! Claire Redfield! (Yes , im going to make Rosalina wear my fav. characters costumes!)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And ridiculously, he didn't mention DK's Final Smash at all. He only criticizes Robin's Final Smash made Chrom fans cry (even though Sakurai later explained why Chrom wasn't in Smash Bros was because he though there will be too many sword characters), and Charizard' final Smash can only use two moves, but what about Yoshi's final Smash?
Super Dragon can only spit fireballs, while the flamethrower is used randomly without any button commands. Mega Charizard X has two options to attack, which is either directly, or indirectly.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Super Dragon can only spit fireballs, while the flamethrower is used randomly without any button commands. Mega Charizard X has two options to attack, which is either directly, or indirectly.
So... is Charizard's final smash better than Yoshi?
If Yoshi's final smash sucks too, then again he didn't mention it in the video.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So... is Charizard's final smash better than Yoshi?
If Yoshi's final smash sucks too, then again he didn't mention it in the video.
Both have their ups and downs, but we do know that the duration of the Mega Charizard X Final Smash does get shortened whenever Charizard takes any damage.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Rosalina's Final Smash is more effective on smaller stages where it's harder to avoid, and Rosie herself can still move and throw people into it; not to mention it's potentially the strongest move in the game (can deal up to 250-300% if they're caught in the Power Star throughout its duration). You just have to be smart with it, like how you play Rosalina herself =)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The best looking Yoshi I've ever seen. :)
And on the topic of her final smash, it's only worthless if you're a dumbass for not using it right.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Both have their ups and downs, but we do know that the duration of the Mega Charizard X Final Smash does get shortened whenever Charizard takes any damage.
Okay, I guess Charizard X does have some downs...
Rosalina's Final Smash is more effective on smaller stages where it's harder to avoid, and Rosie herself can still move and throw people into it; not to mention it's potentially the strongest move in the game (can deal up to 250-300% if they're caught in the Power Star throughout its duration). You just have to be smart with it, like how you play Rosalina herself =)
Exactly, so mentioning her in this video isn't right.
I really like how they put Luma on that Yoshi's back.
The best looking Yoshi I've ever seen. :)
And on the topic of her final smash, it's only worthless if you're a ******* for not using it right.
But her final smash isn't the worst.
I was able to get a well-timed screenshot while playing Mario Kart 8 earlier...

She somehow looks great in this view.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
But her final smash isn't the worst.
The worst final smash is definitely Peach's, in my opinion. And I'm not saying that just cuz I don't like her though.
She somehow looks great in this view.
She would look twice as better ridin' on a Circuit Special kart instead.
It's still a nice view.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The worst final smash is definitely Peach's, in my opinion. And I'm not saying that just cuz I don't like her though.

It's still a nice view.
Peach is not bad to me, you can either punish your opponents or just heal yourself.
DK is still the worst to most of people. Everybody was hope he has a better one, but his final smash is still the same.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Peach is not bad to me, you can either punish your opponents or just heal yourself.
And her opponents.
DK is still the worst to most of people. Everybody was hope he has a better one, but his final smash is still the same.
DK doesn't have the best, I will say, but not the worst.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
And her opponents.

I think Dedede's Final Smash is one the worst. Maybe even THE worst since there's a chance that you can actually dodge the Bomb. However, the definite worst Final Smash is Mii Swordfighter's. It takes a about 3 to 5 Final Smashes to actually kill.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And her opponents.

They may got KOed already, so healing themselves may not work, but for those who survived, yeah...
I think Dedede's Final Smash is one the worst. Maybe even THE worst since there's a chance that you can actually dodge the Bomb. However, the definite worst Final Smash is Mii Swordfighter's. It takes a about 3 to 4 Final Smashes to actually kill.
Mii's final Smash is similar to Wii fit trainer's, which was also mentioned in that video.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I think Dedede's Final Smash is one the worst. Maybe even THE worst since there's a chance that you can actually dodge the Bomb. However, the definite worst Final Smash is Mii Swordfighter's. It takes a about. 3 to 5 Final Smashes to actually kill.
I miss his gay dance from Brawl.
They may got KOed already, so healing themselves may not work, but for those who survived, yeah...
Doesn't change my opinion as the worst final smash in the game, if not, then in the series.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Mii's final Smash is similar to Wii fit trainer's, which was also mentioned in that video.
Even Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash is better than Mii Swordfighter's. By the way, the number of Final Smashes you need to kill is about 3 to 5 (I changed 4 into 5) with Mii Swordfighter.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Even Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash is better than Mii Swordfighter's. By the way, the number of Final Smashes you need to kill is about 3 to 5 (I changed 4 into 5) with Mii Swordfighter.
Really? I have never use Mii sword fighter, so I don't really know.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mii Swordfighter is the worst Final Smash functionally.

The worst thematically is Dedede, Rosalina, Sheik, or Toon Link.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Yea, it's laughably weak. At least WFT's steps up the intensity.....
And that's not even half of it. It's so bad in fact, that they had to make it different in the Wii U version so that it hits a wide area (like WFT's).

I would've preferred the Grand Star instead of a generic Power Star for Rosalina. Also, it should have the stars going inward towards the Grand Star so that it has a better chance to hit with the explosion. Sheik isn't that bad since it's still Zelda in a disguise, so the Light Arrow does have some sense, but I'll still agree with you that it doesn't really fit Sheik.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Toon Link? Isn't the same as Link's but his range is smaller?
What about Zelda? Don't both of them have the same final smash?
I still think Rosalina final smash is great. Or at least isn't that worst.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Even if Rosalina's Final Smash was using an actual Grand Star, I'd still be underwhelmed. I personally think it should have been something incorporating Luma transforming (since he's part of the pair, he should get a role too), or a cinematic one (like Mega Man and Shulk) where she rams the Comet Observatory through her enemies, like in that one scene in Galaxy. It's pretty much her Crowning Moment of Awesome, and the Comet Observatory is sorely missing from this game.

TriTails

Smash Lord
TL's I recall has less range and deals less damage than Link's.

Sheik and Zelda do have the same Final Smash.

I can never make Rosalina's FS to work properly.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Even if Rosalina's Final Smash was using an actual Grand Star, I'd still be underwhelmed. I personally think it should have been something incorporating Luma transforming (since he's part of the pair, he should get a role too), or a cinematic one (like Mega Man and Shulk) where she rams the Comet Observatory through her enemies, like in that one scene in Galaxy. It's pretty much her Crowning Moment of Awesome, and the Comet Observatory is sorely missing from this game.
I use to think that her final smash can be similar to the dragoon, that Rosalina use her comet observatory and then transform into comet and then aims right to the stage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's still a nice view.
I've always had the habit of pairing Rosalina with the Biddybuggy, since it makes her feel much more casual, and even cuter as well.

Also, it would've been very difficult to recreate that same screenshot with a different vehicle; a Green Shell's presence made Rosalina move her head to the left, and the highlight reel's camera was friendly enough to show Rosalina at that very angle.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've always had the habit of pairing Rosalina with the Biddybuggy, since it makes her feel much more casual, and even cuter as well.

Also, it would've been very difficult to recreate that same screenshot with a different vehicle; a Green Shell's presence made Rosalina move her head to the left, and the highlight reel's camera was friendly enough to show Rosalina at that very angle.
Taking and posting pics of Rosalina during my free time is starting to become a habit of mines, too. Whenever I get a good view of the image, it's picture perfect.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
:rosalina:''Would you spend the night with me?'' Having dinner and playing Sudoku.

Not cosplay this time , But it reflects something i like.
This texture is called ''spider''. Not because there's spider patterns , but it started that way so the name stays as ''Dark Rosalina'' sounds dumb and uncreative. Not noticeable but includes Black , Half-moon-pattern stockings.
Crownless Spider Queen , to be precise.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I hope to be able to upload all of my 230 or so Smash Bros. pictures soon. I copied all the pictures from my SD card onto my laptop, this includes plenty of Rosalina. Such as one where it looks like she's conjuring a Tornado, her down tilt, cute pictures with her and Luma

Unfortunately, my Wii U wouldn't read the SD card anymore and I had to format it. So now I can't look at the on my Wii U.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy what image upload site do you use? Photobucket or something like that isn't it?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I hope to be able to upload all of my 230 or so Smash Bros. pictures soon. I copied all the pictures from my SD card onto my laptop, this includes plenty of Rosalina. Such as one where it looks like she's conjuring a Tornado, her down tilt, cute pictures with her and Luma

Unfortunately, my Wii U wouldn't read the SD card anymore and I had to format it. So now I can't look at the on my Wii U.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy what image upload site do you use? Photobucket or something like that isn't it?
Your not asking me , but what i do is to open the internet browser and stay in IMGUR (I have an account )

Then whenever i want a screenshot i pause the game at the right time (with the Wii U menu button) and go into the internet,

When im on the site , i choose to upload from the computer and then the game pad gives you the option to upload the TV Screenshot or the Gamepad Screenshot.

And that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom