• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Errr... Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser... and Toad I suppose...
Yoshi is a main protagonist, isn't he ?

By the way, that has nothing to do with that, but then... xD: Wwas that rumor or truth, but, I heard Sakurai got hate-mailed by raging fans because of Rosalina integration in Sm4sh. If anyone has the true information...
That is definitely untrue, I guarantee that many other characters are the same too.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Though I am grateful that she has been appearing in more games these days but I'm still against the way she's being portrayed in recent games and her horrible voice. I mean, Rosalina in Smash Bros. is the closest thing to how she was portrayed in the Mario Galaxy games and I absolutely loved it. Really, I love Rosalina as a powerful enchantress with goddess like powers with a touching backstory over Rosalina, a girly energetic all around party girl any day.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Though I am grateful that she has been appearing in more games these days but I'm still against the way she's being portrayed in recent games and her horrible voice. I mean, Rosalina in Smash Bros. is the closest thing to how she was portrayed in the Mario Galaxy games and I absolutely loved it. Really, I love Rosalina as a powerful enchantress with goddess like powers with a touching backstory over Rosalina, a girly energetic all around party girl any day.
I'm sure they will make her better in future games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the only reason Rosalina fans get apprehensive about her appearing in games is because the Mario fanbase is too used to characters fitting under a one-dimensional archetype, and they feel Rosalina is supposed to fit under one ("the calm, mysterious one"), and they feel letting her have fun ruins that. However, that's just fans greatly oversimplifying her character.

Aside from Mario Party 10, she hasn't had a problematic portrayal yet, and even then, her MP10 portrayal was questionable at worst, and it's largely inoffensive since it's only Mario Party.

If anything, I want her to be in the Olympic Games because I KNOW she will have a good portrayal there - SEGA treats the Mario characters better than Nintendo does in these games a lot of the time. And if at least one of the versions has a story mode, then we have a lot to look forward to if Rosalina shows up, as she will have full-on dialogue for the first time in years, leaving room for some potentially significant character development. The Adventure Tours mode in the DS Winter Olympics actually fleshed Daisy out a bit - she was an energetic competitor with a lot of fighting spirit, but she had anxiety/stage fright problems, and was really nervous about performing in front of a crowd, particularly in skating, so you had to help her overcome this. The game was full of little moments like this that really added depth to these characters. The Story Mode from 3DS London Olympics probably had a lot of similar moments too, though I'd have to look that up as I don't have the game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
How did you get those super zoomed out photos on Mushroom Kingdom U and Castle Siege?
Pausing at just the right time when using the Warp Star.

Also why is imgur so popular? Its so annoying to use and I can't upload more than 150 images at a time

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pausing at just the right time when using the Warp Star.

Also why is imgur so popular? Its so annoying to use and I can't upload more than 150 images at a time
It's well integrated into other forms of social media, like Reddit.

--------------------

I'm not sure if I posted this already, but I have a little video of me kicking a Greninja's butt online in Smash 3DS. It's not a very impressive match, I just recorded it so I could post it somewhere else and prove a point.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's well integrated into other forms of social media, like Reddit.

--------------------

I'm not sure if I posted this already, but I have a little video of me kicking a Greninja's butt online in Smash 3DS. It's not a very impressive match, I just recorded it so I could post it somewhere else and prove a point.

That reminds me, I want to record some of my matches on my 3DS, my replay is full.
Your phone's camera quality is not bad! But the volume is a bit...

Here are some of the matches that I recorded.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Found this image and if anyone asks you why Rosalina is in games and Daisy and others aren't, show them this:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Found this image and if anyone asks you why Rosalina is in games and Daisy and others aren't, show them this:

i prefer the saying , ''Sad Waifu-Status for nerds'' For Rosalina , and Daisy has none.

That's a more accurate explanation , and easier to understand.

I ''love it'' when Fanbases ruin my favorite characters.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
i prefer the saying , ''Sad Waifu-Status for nerds'' For Rosalina , and Daisy has none.

Nah, I only take this as for a chuckle.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't use Waifu either, I like Rosalina, but I never call her my waifu.
I will say that I love Rosalina for who she really is and could very well be my favorite female video game character ever but I would never go so far as to refer her as my "waifu" or all that bull****.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Waifu" is such a sinister word. Only fanboys would use it.
IT IS LITERALLY THE JAPANESE WORD FOR "WIFE"

LIKE THAT'S NOT A JOKE THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT THE WORD MEANS IN JAPANESE

SERIOUSLY WHY DO PEOPLE SAY IT'S A STUPID WORD IT'S JUST A NORMAL WORD IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE

I don't see how the fan base ruined Rosalina. The character is the same. It's not like the fan base hijacked EAD and changed everything.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

SERIOUSLY WHY DO PEOPLE SAY IT'S A STUPID WORD IT'S JUST A NORMAL WORD IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE
Doesn't mean I use the word myself though.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!

I don't see how the fan base ruined Rosalina. The character is the same. It's not like the fan base hijacked EAD and changed everything.
Welcome to public forums, where you get labeled and judged for liking an awesome character! XD

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welcome to public forums, where you get labeled and judged for liking an awesome character! XD
I've more or less accepted that Rosalina is my waifu and I don't mind it.

It just bothers me how uneducated some people are on what the word actually is. It's not something made up slang, it's an actual Japanese word.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , my experience tells me otherwise.

Does somebody ever heard about...

Mario Fans VS Peach Fans?

Luigi Fans VS Wario Fans?

Daisy Fans VS Yoshi Fans?

.... no?

Well , my dear people, that's because there's No such thing ♥

NOW , how about...

Rosalina's Fanbase VS Daisy Fanbase

Rosalina's Fanbase VS Peach Fanbase

Rosalina's Fanbase VS Waluigi Fanbase

Rosalina's fanbase VS ANY FANBASE

.... mmm where did i heard that before .... Gamefaqs? Mario Wiki? Mario Kart Wii Boards? SmashBoards? Youtube?...

Or maybe all of them! And why it's that? OH! that's right , because that is , sadly , an actual thing.

NOW , why does it have to be Rosalina vs The World , in like a daily basis , and not the other fanbases attacking eachothert In general?

Something is fishy... I wonder WHY? .... the irony.

Rosalina's fanbase is composed , in it's prime and glory , either by common people that praise the character and the other half that likes to make her look like a cash-cow , overrated character that has appeal only in her looks.

by the looks of it , the latter is the dominating side.

The only Mario character that is widely hated by more prominance in the present is ROSALINA.

When Daisy and Waluigi gained prominance , till the point of Never stop appearing they were accepted .

Same with Toad , when he started becoming playable instead of staying as NPC as Usual.

Same with any other character.

Why people don't call Yoshi , a Widely popular Character , Overrated?

Because, Cute Little Yoshi :

A) isn't showed down anybody's throat by an annoying fanbase

B) Mister Yoshi doesn't have an annoying Fanbase to begin with.

It's all funny because , the only fanbase with Intense flaws to the point of crazyness is Rosalina's

The only character that's always Widely criticized with the word ''overrated'' is Rosalina.

All thanks , to the lovely fanbase .

Doesn't surprise me though , usually a good character isn't good enough if they don't have an obnoxious fanbase.

As someone who likes Rosalina , deeply , i'm extremely dissapointed of what's behind of her.

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Greetings Cosmic Protectors of the Galaxy! The Kirby boards are currently disscussing the Rosaluma MU right now. We'd appreciate any input or tips on how to deal her so feel free to drop on by.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I will say that I love Rosalina for who she really is and could very well be my favorite female video game character ever but I would never go so far as to refer her as my "waifu" or all that bull****.
I just don't use that word. I don't actually think it is a sinister word...take it or leave it.

.... no?

NOW , how about...

.... mmm where did i heard that before .... Gamefaqs? Mario Wiki? Mario Kart Wii Boards? SmashBoards? Youtube?...

Or maybe all of them! And why it's that? OH! that's right , because that is , sadly , an actual thing.

NOW , why does it have to be Rosalina vs The World , in like a daily basis , and not the other fanbases attacking eachothert In general?

Rosalina's fanbase is composed , in it's prime and glory , either by common people that praise the character and the other half that likes to make her look like a cash-cow , overrated character that has appeal only in her looks.

The only Mario character that is widely hated by more prominance in the present is ROSALINA.

When Daisy and Waluigi gained prominance , till the point of Never stop appearing they were accepted .

Same with Toad , when he started becoming playable instead of staying as NPC as Usual.

It's all funny because , the only fanbase with Intense flaws to the point of crazyness is Rosalina's

The only character that's always Widely criticized with the word ''overrated'' is Rosalina.

Doesn't surprise me though , usually a good character isn't good enough if they don't have an obnoxious fanbase.

As someone who likes Rosalina , deeply , i'm extremely dissapointed of what's behind of her.
I think the most originate reason, is because most people think she is too young to be in so many games. Which are nonsense.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

.... no?

NOW , how about...

The reason "Rosalina Fans VS" arguments exist is because:

1) There are a lot of people who pin the blame on Rosalina for other characters not being in games.

2) Rosalina debuted when the internet started to become something casually integrated into our lives. The likes of Yoshi and Wario had their haters back in the day, but the internet wasn't around for them to post their stupid, bratty opinions on those characters, so you didn't see arguments between haters and fans of those characters. Nowadays, they have been around so long that people just accept them being in games whether they like them or not. However, since Rosalina debuted when the internet was becoming widely integrated into society, people have been able to spread their irrational hate for the character since she debuted and before the character's future was clear. Therefore, Rosalina fans are forced to argue, in order to weed out irrational detractors so that we can have a more enjoyable environment for every body.

Rosalina fans are not problematic at all (but generalistion like what you tend to do, is), and people like you making unfair assumptions about us is exactly why we have to speak up. As someone who joined this forum soon after Rosalina was revealed, I know first hand some of the ridiculous claims people try to make about the character and her fan base. And none of it is true at all.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just don't use that word. I don't actually think it is a sinister word...take it or leave it.
I'm pretty sure I don't give a damn.
I think the most originate reason, is because most people think she is too young to be in so many games. Which are nonsense.
That's just him being sarcastic, really.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

1) There are a lot of people who pin the blame on Rosalina for other characters not being in games.

2) Rosalina debuted when the internet started to become something casually integrated into our lives. The likes of Yoshi and Wario had their haters back in the day, but the internet wasn't around for them to post their stupid, bratty opinions on those characters, so you didn't see arguments between haters and fans of those characters. Nowadays, they have been around so long that people just accept them being in games whether they like them or not. However, since Rosalina debuted when the internet was becoming widely integrated into society, people have been able to spread their irrational hate for the character since she debuted and before the character's future was clear. Therefore, Rosalina fans are forced to argue, in order to weed out irrational detractors so that we can have a more enjoyable environment for every body.

Rosalina fans are not problematic at all (but generalistion like what you tend to do, is), and people like you making unfair assumptions about us is exactly why we have to speak up. As someone who joined this forum soon after Rosalina was revealed, I know first hand some of the ridiculous claims people try to make about the character and her fan base. And none of it is true at all.
True.
I really hate the ones who acts like feminist and think that Rosalina "ruins" the franchise. It's just from their own perspectives anyway.
We all just like her, nothing that out of ordinary.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

Actually no.

1) That only happens with Daisy , which is irrational thinking , being fair with Rosalina as is not her fault as a character , but the fans ... nobody likes them apparently.

2) Then again it's hilarious , considering Not even Now , people hate on the actual characters that are the face of Mario and Nintendo , like Yoshi for example.

In fact , back when Rosalina debuted , She was Accepted and Praised ; I even recall reading that she made top ten of Favorites in a magazine Just after 1 GAME.

Rosalina's Debut is in fact , the most memorable moment for the character , and even her return In Mario Kart Wii had everyone trying their best to unlock her. She comes from a widely popular game and she step in as a powerful figure and a character with a background, so the ''since debut hate'' argument is bullcrap.

THE HATE COMES IN , After Mario Kart 7 - Pre 3D World , era in which Rosalina fanboys turned rabid because they think that now that they favorite is gaining prominance , they have the right to trash other fanbases and it's characters because they don't appear in main games.

I don't agree with : '' Why Rosalina!? I wanted Daisy , because Rosalina sucks''

yet i agree with : ''Why Not Daisy? Daisy hasn't been in anything , yet Rosalina gets a free pass so soon''

Totally different vibes in those statements.

Yet there's always the Rabid Rosalina fanboy with responses like these:

''Daisy isn't in there because backstory , waifu ... yada yada yada''

''Daisy sucks , Rosalina is better because backstory . waifu , yada yada yada''

Completely petty and bratty responses coming from Petty and bratty so called ''grown men'' ( i don't consider 15-24 years old men as ''grown up'' btw because , well it's self explanatory , inmaturity at it's finest) that belong to that fanbase.

Rosalina fans think that , because she has gained prominence , other characters won't get as much as she does , and everytime someone dares to ask ''Why not Waluigi , Daisy , Birdo , Toadette'' , they jump in and put them down because they think they are superior because their character has been in a couple of more games.

Sucky , but legit.

3) Of course they are , the world vs them , proves it.

You need to speak up , because people usually don't like it when truth is pointed out , more if it's painful to hear/read.

There hasn't been an Major Mario character with such a problematic fanbase , until now , as before nobody had the issue with the dumb ''it's relevant , backstory'' argument.

And as a person Who actually appreacite THE ORIGNAL RETRO characters , i feel the need to speak up to people that think they don't deserve better.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...Like literally nothing you say is the truth, it's literally just rage filled gargle that is not only poorly worded and typed out, but flat out objectively untrue even when obviously pointed out.

Though I guess I'm not gonna bother to argue with you. As much as you like to say others can't accept the truth, that's really just you trying to project your own mannerisms on others.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Actually no.

1) That only happens with Daisy , which is irrational thinking , being fair with Rosalina as is not her fault as a character , but the fans ... nobody likes them apparently.

2) Then again it's hilarious , considering Not even Now , people hate on the actual characters that are the face of Mario and Nintendo , like Yoshi for example.

In fact , back when Rosalina debuted , She was Accepted and Praised ; I even recall reading that she made top ten of Favorites in a magazine Just after 1 GAME.

Rosalina's Debut is in fact , the most memorable moment for the character , and even her return In Mario Kart Wii had everyone trying their best to unlock her. She comes from a widely popular game and she step in as a powerful figure and a character with a background, so the ''since debut hate'' argument is bullcrap.

THE HATE COMES IN , After Mario Kart 7 - Pre 3D World , era in which Rosalina fanboys turned rabid because they think that now that they favorite is gaining prominance , they have the right to trash other fanbases and it's characters because they don't appear in main games.

I don't agree with : '' Why Rosalina!? I wanted Daisy , because Rosalina sucks''

yet i agree with : ''Why Not Daisy? Daisy hasn't been in anything , yet Rosalina gets a free pass so soon''

Totally different vibes in those statements.

Yet there's always the Rabid Rosalina fanboy with responses like these:

''Daisy isn't in there because backstory , waifu ... yada yada yada''

''Daisy sucks , Rosalina is better because backstory . waifu , yada yada yada''

Completely petty and bratty responses coming from Petty and bratty so called ''grown men'' ( i don't consider 15-24 years old men as ''grown up'' btw because , well it's self explanatory , inmaturity at it's finest) that belong to that fanbase.

Rosalina fans think that , because she has gained prominence , other characters won't get as much as she does , and everytime someone dares to ask ''Why not Waluigi , Daisy , Birdo , Toadette'' , they jump in and put them down because they think they are superior because their character has been in a couple of more games.

Sucky , but legit.

3) Of course they are , the world vs them , proves it.

You need to speak up , because people usually don't like it when truth is pointed out , more if it's painful to hear/read.

There hasn't been an Major Mario character with such a problematic fanbase , until now , as before nobody had the issue with the dumb ''it's relevant , backstory'' argument.

And as a person Who actually appreacite THE ORIGNAL RETRO characters , i feel the need to speak up to people that think they don't deserve better.
I really want to say, she's just a video game character... I really didn't think her as sort of a reason for Daisy being in less games. If Daisy is in too, congrats. If not, then too bad! Don't blame Rosalina for that...
These are just the few ones like that, and even more few are so radical that they think Rosalina is ruining the Mario series, it's just their own opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom