• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
To be fair, dresses don't work well for bikes and ATVs to begin with.

Anyway, I just think that Rosalina shouldn't be copying everything that Peach and Daisy wears, as she should have outfits that are unique to her.
And That's exactly my point. Heels and dresses on track racing and swimming?

That's the same as wearing a dress in a Bike.

And that's why said that there should be a brand new desing for her outfit.

With the short dress and long sleeves , not only is uncomfortable , but als a straight copy from White Mage's Costume.

Short's are not exclusive to Peach or Daisy either, and if Rosalina wears those it shouldn't be just a recolor.

She can also wear Sweatpants or Yoga pants , but the Swimsuit is mandatory for the rests of the events , just like the Biker Suit was for Bikes and ATV's.

The problem is you're assuming the characters in this trailer are the only characters in the game.

They showed 3 Sonic characters and 2 Mario characters now. Doesn't mean they can't show more in the future.

Zazz COULD be a boss, but it's unlikely, because bosses in these games are spoilers, and the handheld version will likely have a story mode too.
I can say the same for you ; you are assuming that just because he was in there he is playable.

Then the Red Birdo is also playable by that logic.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

With the short dress and long sleeves , not only is uncomfortable , but als a straight copy from White Mage's Costume.

Short's are not exclusive to Peach or Daisy either, and if Rosalina wears those it shouldn't be just a recolor.

She can also wear Sweatpants or Yoga pants , but the Swimsuit is mandatory for the rests of the events , just like the Biker Suit was for Bikes and ATV's.
Like I've said already, Rosalina levitates, so the high heels won't hamper her movement for most sporting events. However, Rosalina would alter her wardrobe and footwear for swimming and gymnastics; she'd switch to a yoga-styled outfit (which covers her whole body, except for her hands), and flat-soled slippers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I can say the same for you ; you are assuming that just because he was in there he is playable.

Then the Red Birdo is also playable by that logic.
The Red Birdo is clearly a generic Team Member for team games. Much like the Blue Egg Pawns.

Why are you so bent on assuming he isn't playable anyway? There's been nothing to say he's otherwise. And it's known that Takashi Iizuka (producer of Sonic games right now) wants the Deadly Six to become more prominent. Zazz is the most popular member, so naturally, making him playable in this game is a good way to make the Deadly Six move up the chain.

I've also heard people suggest that maybe the game is going to get a hefty roster expansion, with the Mario side getting the Koopalings and other characters, and the Sonic side getting the Deadly Six and some others. Which is more plausible than Zazz being a boss they decided to spoil.

The SONIC fanbase is rootin' for Rosalina!

And people try to make the ridiculous assertion she's "not a popular Mario character!".

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/19292-mario-sonic-at-the-rio-2016-olympic-games/

EDIT: ECH, merge these two posts. I derped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, so what has happened since I last left? I've been playing Splatoon so I don't really know what's going on in here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Okay, so what has happened since I last left? I've been playing Splatoon so I don't really know what's going on in here.
New Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games game was announced in the Japanese Nintendo Direct.

It has two Mario newcomers (Diddy and Nabbit), and three Sonic new comers (Rouge the Bat, Jet the Hawk, Zazz).

And we were kinda talking about the possibility of Rosalina being a new Mario character.

Just sonicbrawler and swift arguing over Rosalina's potential sports outfit or some **** like that.
I'm not even talking about that anymore.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Of course not.

I always knew the Sonic fanbase has ****in' problems.
Where'd that come from? They're supporting Rosalina's potential inclusion. The assertion that she "can't be that popular" is from butthurt Smash speculators and neckbeards on /v/ who feel old because Rosalina is now a mainstay that they did not grow up with. The Sonic fanbase doesn't have anything against Rosalina.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Like I just showed though, other characters are using super powers. Tails is using his tails to float for his sprint animation. Also, in swimming, Sonic wears a life jacket. So they do give characters individual flair, don't see why they can't do it with Rosalina.

And the basketball outfit I showed above would work fine for Rosalina. Basketball is a very active sport, and women actually wear very short dresses in it.

And Tennis is a sport that requires running and jumping, yet women wear sports dresses in it all of the time.
Make that three outfits, her standard sport out fit (I'm fine if they just make her skirt shorter.), swimsuit outfit, and equestrian outfit if they have that sport in the game.
No, it was directed at someone saying Zazz can't be a boss character because table tennis doesn't make sense for him.
Rosalina probably won't be a boss character (but her Ice Hockeying with Lumas would be great)
That's sort of a great news?

To be fair, dresses don't work well for bikes and ATVs to begin with.

Anyway, I just think that Rosalina shouldn't be copying everything that Peach and Daisy wears, as she should have outfits that are unique to her.
Me too. At least for her standard sport outfit.
Like I've said already, Rosalina levitates, so the high heels won't hamper her movement for most sporting events. However, Rosalina would alter her wardrobe and footwear for swimming and gymnastics; she'd switch to a yoga-styled outfit (which covers her whole body, except for her hands), and flat-soled slippers.
Nah, I feel fine if they made her wearing one piece swimsuit like Peach and Daisy, but has her star badge in front of her chest.
The Red Birdo is clearly a generic Team Member for team games. Much like the Blue Egg Pawns.

Why are you so bent on assuming he isn't playable anyway? There's been nothing to say he's otherwise. And it's known that Takashi Iizuka (producer of Sonic games right now) wants the Deadly Six to become more prominent. Zazz is the most popular member, so naturally, making him playable in this game is a good way to make the Deadly Six move up the chain.

I've also heard people suggest that maybe the game is going to get a hefty roster expansion, with the Mario side getting the Koopalings and other characters, and the Sonic side getting the Deadly Six and some others. Which is more plausible than Zazz being a boss they decided to spoil.
I hope they don't "Just add" the Koopalings, and as you guys know, I don't like Bowser Jr in Smash, but I never hated Bowser Jr when he was in M&S at Vancover 2010 winter games.
The SONIC fanbase is rootin' for Rosalina!

And people try to make the ridiculous assertion she's "not a popular Mario character!".

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/19292-mario-sonic-at-the-rio-2016-olympic-games/

EDIT: ECH, merge these two posts. I derped.
I like what this guy said in that website:
Can't wait to see rosalina in short shorts

If she is in this game, she is definitely wearing some shorts. Although I can't picture her in the same clothing as daisy and peach tho.
Just sonicbrawler and swift arguing over Rosalina's potential sports outfit or some **** like that.
Yeah.. I was hope to made a simple discussion, not argument. Geez just simply discuss, why have to argue...
Of course not.

I always knew the Sonic fanbase has ****in' problems.
Here are the good replies:
. Rosalina has just downright got to be in the game... and oh my, short shorts Rosalina, what a sight that will be to behold at last...!
I will honestly be shocked if Rosalina's not playable in this, especially after the past few years.
I wouldn't agree that Rosalina is a garbage character. I think she's pretty cute and has a nice design. She clashes nicely enough with Peach whilst still resembling a Mario character. I like the fact she's a strong character too.
Good to hear they're finally adding some new characters and I hope Rosalina is added too. She's one of the most popular Mario characters atm, wouldn't make sense to not have here there!
I think it's safe to assume Rosalina will be playable or unlockable. Sega and Nintendo seem to like having the female characters be at an even number, so with Rouge playable, that would leave the female roster at an odd number of 5. It is most likely that Nintendo will want a Mario character to even out the playable girls, and there's no denying it would have to be Rosalina. I just hope none of the other characters were replaced.
Now these sucks!
Nah, I'm pretty sure I meant that. Rosalina is a g a r b a g e character. She's just as bad as Kiddy Kong, honestly.
No Rosalina? Meh.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Now this board is getting a mild taste of how Daisy fans feel when she is completely ignored in the main games....

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Now this board is getting a mild taste of how Daisy fans feel when she is completely ignored in the main games....
I guess is because Rosalina has been in basically every new modern entry of an already established series , as a newcomer:

Mario Party
Smash
Mario Golf
Return in Mario Kart
Was planned for Mario Tennis but replaced by Luma , but still considered.

So i guess is expected that she comes back this time , especially when at last in the M&S games , there's a new pack of Newcomers after 2 entries.

Also , ignore Tino , not worth arguing in a pointless way about a Dead-horse issue.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
....How is that, exactly?

Also being completely honest, SEGA have treated Daisy better than Nintendo ever have anyway, and that includes her debut. Daisy literally debuted as a replacement for Peach because Gunpei Yokoi couldn't use Peach.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm just being honest here. Although, regardless of what I've just said, I do still prefer Daisy over Peach any day.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So how was Splatoon? Have you finished the story mode yet?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Damn GameStop had to ship my copy of the game the day before it came out and now I won't be expecting it until Wednesday. Though, judging by the latest tracking info, I should be able to get it by tomorrow.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just remembered one of my favourite things about the last Mario & Sonic game (one I never played :p).

They have special victory animations for certain pairs in doubles games, and some of them even crossover between the two franchises. Basically, characters with strong ties have them. So Mario and Luigi, Sonic and Tails, and Mario and Sonic all have special animations, for example.

I wonder what one's Rosalina would have? Here's my guesses/ideas:

Mario/Luigi: I'd imagine she'd have one with at least one of these guys due to how they helped each other in Galaxy. There was also that RosalinaxLuigi ship teasing in Galaxy.

Peach: Obvious one, people generally assume they would be good friends.

Bowser: I could see them having one of the "I don't wanna be here with you" ones. Maybe have Rosalina give Bowser a mean look as he bashfully looks away with an "I DIDN'T DO IT" expression. (ormaybesomethingshippy)

Bowser Jr: He's a kid, she's a mother. It makes sense. Maybe have an animation of Jr getting giddy and bold, and Rosalina making him behave.

Sonic: Sonic has this tendency to form really lovely friendships with humanoid girls with troubled pasts, and is good with the Chao so he'd probably be good with the Lumas too. Plus they're both blue.

Tails: He's basically Sonic's kid brother, so I also see Rosalina having an adorable animation with him.

Shadow: Both Rosalina and Shadow are well known for being "the characters with the tragic backstories" involving the loss of loved ones in their respective franchises, and both come from outer space. This one EASILY makes sense.

Blaze: They're both the calm, collected females of their respective franchises. Also, Rosalina is protective of the Lumas, and Blaze is protective of the people of her kingdom.

Eggman: Eggman is noted as being a feminist, and Rosalina is a strong, respectable woman. I could see him giving her a gentlemanly bow, maybe her cautiously returning the favour.

Vector: Vector is really polite around mature women and is great with kids (he's basically a surrogate father to Charmy), and overall really friendly. I just really see them having a nice animation together.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Something I find interesting is that the two franchises have always parreleled each other, in the original M&S, each class had two characters from each franchise while the sequel gave sonic an extra Speed and Skill character while givong Mario an extra all-round and power character.

I've always assumed that if they were to ever add new characters, they would do it the other way around. Give Mario another Speed and Skill character and Sonic another Power and all-round character.

And while Nabbit, Diddy and Rouge follow this, Jet does not. Jet would obviously be a speed character. Zazz could be power but people seem convinced that Jet is playable.

I think that every class might recieve a new character from both franchises.

Speed: Nabbit, Jet
All Round: ?, Rouge
Power: ?, possibly Zazz
Skill: Diddy, possibly Zazz

If Rosalina was playable, I think she would be skill which Diddy overlaps with, although Diddy could be also be all-round.
Its also possible that they do what the original did and have equal amount from each franchise in all classes and give each one extra.

I hope we get

All Round: Rouge, Cream, Toad
Speed: Nabbit, Jet, Baby Mario
Power: Two sonic characters, Petey
Skill: Diddy, Rosalina, Zazz

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Toad likely won't be added.

Captain Toad or Toadette would be cool though.

For Sonic characters, I want Espio and Charmy to be added. I love the Chaotix.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll seem weird to have Zazz without the other members of the Deadly Six. On the other hand, Wave and Storm have been absent, even though Jet himself has been present.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What if they decided to throw a curveball and add a Nintendo guest character and a SEGA guest character?

For Nintendo, I could Samus see, Fox, or Captain Falcon.

For SEGA, NiGHTS or we RIOT!

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
It'll seem weird to have Zazz without the other members of the Deadly Six. On the other hand, Wave and Storm have been absent, even though Jet himself has been present.
I think Jet is here without Wave and Storm because Jet can stand on his own as an alternate rival for Sonic.

But it does seem kind of weird that Zazz is alone without the rest of the Deadly Six. Hopefully this means Zavok will show up.

EDIT: Nah man, gotta have Billy Hatcher.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Zazz being alone isn't weird.

Sonic Dash had a Lost World themed event where Zazz showed up as a boss and you had to fight him to earn stuff.

Even after that event ended, they kept Zazz in the game. He's the most popular member of the Deadly Six.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Zazz being alone isn't weird.

Sonic Dash had a Lost World themed event where Zazz showed up as a boss and you had to fight him to earn stuff.

Even after that event ended, they kept Zazz in the game. He's the most popular member of the Deadly Six.
Even so, we all still hope for Rosalina. We might get more info in 2015 E3 if sooner. But I guess they might just reveal the same old stuff

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Instead of using the White Mage model , i tried with Peach's for Rosalina in Mario Sports Mix and .....
4.0 her face looks like my avatar.

And after changing everything , to my surprise she still has the White Mage SP Shot ...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The round 2 match-up discussions are now in progress. And remember, there's no time limit with the discussions this time.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
I just won my first local on Saturday. I found it odd that I am very comfortable with MUs like Sonic, Yoshi, and Diddy but I'm ass against the easier MUs (imo) like Sheik and ZSS. I really should do something about that. :/

I'm going to be transitioning over to more of the larger tournaments in my scene now.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I just won my first local on Saturday. I found it odd that I am very comfortable with MUs like Sonic, Yoshi, and Diddy but I'm *** against the easier MUs (imo) like Sheik and ZSS. I really should do something about that. :/

I'm going to be transitioning over to more of the larger tournaments in my scene now.
Sheik and ZSS aren't actually easy MUs... it's very hard to clear a good and bad MU this time...

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Sheik and ZSS aren't actually easy MUs... it's very hard to clear a good and bad MU this time...
I don't think Rosalina has the advantage against Sheik and ZSS, I just think that they're somewhat balanced MUs.

Yeah, you're right. The notable tournament results always seem to vary. I don't think anyone in this game are going to have any 30:70-Impossible MUs.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I feel Rosalina has the advantage against those two. In general, I just don't think she has a negative MU. About half of her MUs are even and slightly in her favour, and the rest are more significantly in her favour.

-------

Anyway, got back to SFM. I couldn't get a full animation of her sitting down and scratching, which was what I wanted. Either I have more nuances to sort out or her joints are too simple to do that intricately. But I wanted to render it anyway just to try that out.

I might try making more short animations soon, only with a little bit of actual character and maybe a line or two. Then after that, maybe I can make actual skits and stories.

Video has a 60FPS option, btw.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The thing about Daisy is that - and I don't mean this in an offensive way, only objectively - is that for all intents and purposes, she debuted as "Peach replacement" for legal reasons, and continued as "Player 2 Peach" since Gunpei Yokoi died. They couldn't add her to the main series because Gunpei didn't even want that in the first place, and when he died, it's not like Nintendo can just break his wishes when the man doesn't get a say in the matter due to being passed away.

And when people say she "DESERVES BETTER", I have to respectfully disagree. Because she really just doesn't stand out. Even the "fact" that she is a "tomboy" is merely a case of "informed characterisation", since it's merely stated in manuals and bios, yet nothing is really done to highlight this fact. Daisy is just as girly as Peach is, she's just more energetic. I actually consider Rosalina the closest thing to a tomboy of the three - I mean, she IS an engineer, after all, and she has a thing for motorbikes. Yes, she has distinctly feminine qualities and appearance, but she's more composed and has some very boyish interests.

People have a valid reason to think Peach deserves to be treated better, because she's supposed to be the female face of the franchise, yet she often has a terrible portrayal. People have a valid reason to want more from Rosalina, because she debuted with a strong sense of character, agency, ego, and overall touched people's hearts and felt new and fresh. Daisy...debuted as a literal replacement for Peach, her creator intended for her to be nothing more, and now he died so Nintendo puts her in spin-offs out of respect - but the guy also created Wario, whom he cared about much more. So Nintendo gave Wario his own games and everything, especially since the potential was there.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Trying to give Rosalina the White Mage's animations is not working.

Is Horrible and glitchy. Peach Animations are the only choice , at least the White Mage Shot is still up.

I'm gonna try making her a bit taller so she look even less like Peach.

it comes in handy that Ponytail for Rosalina is an actual thing.

I actually consider Rosalina the closest thing to a tomboy of the three - I mean, she IS an engineer, after all, and she has a thing for motorbikes.
LOL?

A) Being an engineer is boyish? stereotypically yes , in a realistic way no.

B) Thing for motorbikes? Prima guides suck.

C) So second highest pitched voice of the three Human Females behind Peach thanks to recent changes , really delicate behavior and Horrible ''Blonde'' portrayal in recent spin off games , except for Mario Golf.

And she is kinda a tomboy?

Whoah ... that's insulting for real tomboys out there.

I didn't buy that Daisy was either ... Until i played the Mario Striker Games and all the Sports games, that is.

Rosalina was presented as Womanly and mature ... and now Nintendo aims for a more Bubbly and Friendly portrayal... so that's a step backwards and faaaaaaaaaaar from a tomboy.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Oh hey would you look at this. In today's Nintendo Direct Micro, Rosalina gets the first mention as an unlockable character in Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. before even Peach or Bowser. Isn't that nice? :p

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Oh hey would you look at this. In today's Nintendo Direct Micro, Rosalina gets the first mention as an unlockable character in Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. before even Peach or Bowser. Isn't that nice? :p

No because the simple fact that Peach and Bowser are on the cover of the game , so go figure , obviously they are in the game.
Rosalina is not in the cover and they also show other charactes so...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It should also be noted that you unlock Peach and Bowser "before" you can unlock Rosalina. Of course, Super Rosalina is unlocked before Super Peach, Dry Bowser, and Bowser the Koopa King (yes, there are two variations of Bowser).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They should just make a game called "Rosalina Conquest" where she becomes the new mascot of Nintendo.

It would be the one definite improvement over the past, even if she would be the mascot of an age of Nintendo where they release a new shooter for full price even though it isn't finished and lacks content, and then lacks some content behind €15 Amiibos.

EDIT: I just noticed that at the start, one of the Amiibos Bill has on his table is Rosalina.

Is he officially cheating on Isabelle now? Or did they break up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom