• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
MU Analysis includes every character, but it takes a while to get through all of them.

EDIT: Oops, forgot I was the last person who posted. Just merge my posts please, @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy .

@ Tino Tino

upload_2015-5-27_21-27-39.png

upload_2015-5-27_21-26-7.png

Would you pour her a drink?

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You can always buy it at the 3DS eShop. Just make sure that you have an SDHC card with you (preferably one that holds up to 32 GB), as you'll likely need it if you have a lot of eShop software in your possession.
Uh, I mean I don't have money. Of course I can get the game right now if I had money. And personally I don't like download games from eshop because it saves in your SD, if your SD suddenly corrupted one day, your save data will all be gone...
Are you actually serious? I came into the thread saying that Rosalina Smoking and or being a smoker is Gross. I never said anything condescending about anyone else, I never said anything like "if you like it when Rosalina Smokes then you're a disgusting weirdo." I never personally insulted anyone here. I merely expressed that I thought the notion of her smoking was gross and continued to explain why I didn't think it was a realistic portrayal of her character.

It's completely irrational to expect that in order to be respected here, I have to have the mindset of "If other people like it and have good reasons for it, then I don't mind." Especially when it's regarding a harmful activity such as Smoking. There's no law or rule that says I have to be forced to accept or be mindful of activities that I consider harmful or destructive just because other people enjoy or "have good reasons" for doing them. That's completely ridiculous. Should I be forced not to mind a drawing of Rosalina smoking a crack pipe or killing her Lumas because someone out there likes and has a "good reason" for it? It may just be a drawing, but at the end of the day it's representing something disturbing to me, and I have every right to criticize it and not be FORCED to accept it just because other people do.
I don't really see how what I posted here in the past day could be considered overreacting. Nothing I posted was rude or uncivil towards anyone else. Nothing I posted was irrational or illogical, like asking for the picture to be removed.
The way I see it, anyone who told me I was overreacting were honestly the ones doing so, because they were so annoyed that I refused to accept the mindset of a Smoking Rosalina, that they were basically telling me that I wasn't allowed to have an opinion here. That's pretty insane if you ask me.

By the way I know I'm just going to be condescended again for posting this, so don't worry you can also expect it to be the last time I'll bother trying to defend myself as well.
We all know smoking is bad, and this is not ani-smoking thread, so please, move on this topic.
Just to let everyone know, I have the new match-up analysis directory thread all set up. Be sure to read the rules if you're going to be involved with the match-up discussions.

And just as a reminder, the round 2 match-up discussions will begin on 6/1.

http://smashboards.com/threads/404194/
Hope the rules isn't unfavorable for me LOL.
It great for you to make thread for every character. However, are there any schedule yet? Also, how about try to give some tips about what should we do before giving MU analysis?
MU Analysis includes every character, but it takes a while to get through all of them.

EDIT: Oops, forgot I was the last person who posted. Just merge my posts please, @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy .

@ Tino Tino

View attachment 53672
View attachment 53671

Would you pour her a drink?
Is she in a subway?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is she in a subway?
A fancy shopping mall. I didn't have a fancy mansion map or anything to my knowledge and everything else is like deserts and factories and stuff (TF2 and Half-Life maps are admittedly a bit repetitive).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the topic of Puzzle & Dragons, I just got mines in the mail today (I thought it wouldn't get here until tomorrow) while I was asleep. Don't know if plan to start on it now or wait until this weekend because I got other games I've yet to finish.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A fancy shopping mall. I didn't have a fancy mansion map or anything to my knowledge and everything else is like deserts and factories and stuff (TF2 and Half-Life maps are admittedly a bit repetitive).
I only see walls,seats,and lack of bright lights really feels like subway.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only see walls,seats,and lack of bright lights really feels like subway.
It's just the specific area pictured in the shot's angle makes it look like a subway I guess, but it is a shopping mall.

---------------

So that front page article on Sakurai's old Q&A has two interesting answers on it:

Q35: What place do you want to visit before you die?

Sakurai: Excluding places where you need air, I’d like to visit space, where there is nothing. If possible, somewhere where there’s no gravity.
Q68: If you had a signature fighting move, what would it be and when would you use it?

Sakurai: I would split up into multiple people, so I could get several times more work done. My staff really wants this, but it’s impossible.
Rosalina is the one Smash 4 newcomer Sakurai has not given any insight on regarding why he personally included her. I've always wanted to know why, but these two statements feel like a clue as to why.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's just the specific area pictured in the shot's angle makes it look like a subway I guess, but it is a shopping mall.

---------------

So that front page article on Sakurai's old Q&A has two interesting answers on it:

Rosalina is the one Smash 4 newcomer Sakurai has not given any insight on regarding why he personally included her. I've always wanted to know why, but these two statements feel like a clue as to why.
I know that...

This is a old question back in 2008, at that time, he hasn't announced that he will make Smash4. So we can't really get any information of why he put Rosalina in those questions. I mean, who doesn't want to go to space someday?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It still seems like too much of a coincidence. I'm sure his love for space made him love Galaxy, and I'm sure he loved what Rosalina brought to that (as a veteran game designer, I'm sure he recognises the influence she had on the industry).

And the "I would split into multiple people to get more done" is just an uncanny relation.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm also curious for his reason to include Rosalina in Sm4sh. If I could, I would ask him that same question.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It still seems like too much of a coincidence. I'm sure his love for space made him love Galaxy, and I'm sure he loved what Rosalina brought to that (as a veteran game designer, I'm sure he recognises the influence she had on the industry).

And the "I would split into multiple people to get more done" is just an uncanny relation.
Maybe so.
I'm also curious for his reason to include Rosalina in Sm4sh. If I could, I would ask him that same question.
Let's just hope Sakurai can answer our fans' question again someday.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have no idea how he got unbanned considering I'm the one who banned him.
It's all good, I was only joking around. Wasn't trying to be critical or anything, I wouldn't know what's going on there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hope the rules isn't unfavorable for me LOL.
It great for you to make thread for every character. However, are there any schedule yet? Also, how about try to give some tips about what should we do before giving MU analysis?
That'll come up in about one or two days. Anyway, in round 2, we'll be splitting up the match-up discussions between the use of custom specials, and only being allowed to use the default special moves. So if you're going to make a score input, it'll be important to say if it's default only, or if custom specials are involved.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well at least the Lucario boards aren't as bad as the Zelda boards...
I wonder how is the Zelda boards going right now...
That'll come up in about one or two days. Anyway, in round 2, we'll be splitting up the match-up discussions between the use of custom specials, and only being allowed to use the default special moves. So if you're going to make a score input, it'll be important to say if it's default only, or if custom specials are involved.
So on a character discussion thread, we have to make a ratio that's default moves only, and one with custom moves. To me, custom moves MU are a bit hard to make a solid ratio since there are many combinations... where should I start?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So on a character discussion thread, we have to make a ratio that's default moves only, and one with custom moves. To me, custom moves MU are a bit hard to make a solid ratio since there are many combinations... where should I start?
You're not necessarily required to make a score for both categories, but you will have to state which category your single score is for. Remember, we're no longer using the ratio system, so you'll now have to use the new scoring system that's displayed on the directory thread.

In terms of customizations, you'll just have to see how well Rosalina's special move options can cope with her opponent's special move options (if her opponent has any of course). Of course, even if the opponent doesn't have any custom special moves, it'll still be important to know how well that character can deal with Rosalina's custom special moves.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You're not necessarily required to make a score for both categories, but you will have to state which category your single score is for. Remember, we're no longer using the ratio system, so you'll now have to use the new scoring system that's displayed on the directory thread.

In terms of customizations, you'll just have to see how well Rosalina's special move options can cope with her opponent's special move options (if her opponent has any of course). Of course, even if the opponent doesn't have any custom special moves, it'll still be important to know how well that character can deal with Rosalina's custom special moves.
Okay, then I will give scores to the default MUs for every character, custom moves I might just give scores to the ones that I am familiar with their custom move sets.
Why don't you go over there and find out.
Maybe someday when I use PC.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay, I have the first week's round 2 character discussions all set up on the schedule now.

6/1/2015 - 6/7/2015: :4mario::4peach::4yoshi::4dk:
I know each character has their own MU analysis thread, but are we going to analyze all these 4 character in one week? Or is it that these are just the characters that available to discuss but no time limit?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know each character has their own MU analysis thread, but are we going to analyze all these 4 character in one week? Or is it that these are just the characters that available to discuss but no time limit?
There won't be a time limit like with round 1. The date range is just there to let users know when those characters will have the main priority; their threads will still be open afterwards.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Well at least the Lucario boards aren't as bad as the Zelda boards...
Tread lightly when you talk about them... they could say something like this:
"YOU TRASH TALKING THE SASS BOARDS?!?! I'll have you know that only the sassiest of them all can trash talk, not you."
...or something like that (probably not though). However, have you seen them at the Squidboards site? They pretty much got the most posts out of every board within the first few days of the site re-opening and it's full of... stuff.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Move over, Ike.
Haha...
Her nose doesn't look good in my opinion...
There won't be a time limit like with round 1. The date range is just there to let users know when those characters will have the main priority; their threads will still be open afterwards.
Main priority? What does that mean?
Tread lightly when you talk about them... they could say something like this:
"YOU TRASH TALKING THE SASS BOARDS?!?! I'll have you know that only the sassiest of them all can trash talk, not you."
...or something like that (probably not though). However, have you seen them at the Squidboards site? They pretty much got the most posts out of every board within the first few days of the site re-opening and it's full of... stuff.
Remember the raid that happened in February? Well, shortly after that raid, I go to Zelda Social and try to know why they do that, I didn't trash talk, but of course, some of them were piss off, tell me to get out. But in the end, we sort have a truce.

Wow, they were the first ones who made one thread overloaded? I haven't seen any new stuff on Rosalina thread in that website...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, so another game theory and it still uses the "Rosalina is a daughter theory", unsurprisingly, to justify the Mario Timeline in one part.
Is the timeline correct, or is the video just looking for views? By the way, should this theory even be classified as a theory? It's just so ridiculous listening to it. Even the ending was pretty far fetched and a bit confusing. Still, it's just a theory, a pretty crazy theory.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Okay, so another game theory and it still uses the "Rosalina is a daughter theory", unsurprisingly, to justify the Mario Timeline in one part.
Is the timeline correct, or is the video just looking for views? By the way, should this theory even be classified as a theory? It's just so ridiculous listening to it. Even the ending was pretty far fetched and a bit confusing. Still, it's just a theory, a pretty crazy theory.
Bleh, if it uses the Rosalina is a daughter theory then there is no point in watching it...in addition...what the heck he is still using the daughter theory? He won't even admit he is wrong?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I haven't see it yet. Maybe I'll watch it right now.
Bleh, if it uses the Rosalina is a daughter theory then there is no point in watching it...in addition...what the heck he is still using the daughter theory? He won't even admit he is wrong?
You can't say he's wrong, since it's not officially proven by Nintendo yet.

Edit:
What about this one?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I haven't see it yet. Maybe I'll watch it right now.

You can't say he's wrong, since it's not officially proven by Nintendo yet.
Not really. His evidence he uses to support his theory is wrong. Therefore, the theory is wrong. Like I said before, one of the errors is saying Rosalina is left handed, when she is actually ambidextrous.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not really. His evidence he uses to support his theory is wrong. Therefore, the theory is wrong. Like I said before, one of the errors is saying Rosalina is left handed, when she is actually ambidextrous.
I forgot where did Matt say that Rosalina is left handed, did he say Rosalina is solid left handed? Then yeah he's wrong, since in the newest MP10 artwork after that video, the first time she hold her wand on her left hand.
And I still have to say this again, what you think it's wrong doesn't mean that it is wrong, this video try to use much official materials as they can, so take it or leave it,but don't say it's wrong.
nominating @ Tino Tino for master troll
His post may be a bit offensive sometimes, but hey don't call him that!

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I forgot where did Matt say that Rosalina is left handed, did he say Rosalina is solid left handed? Then yeah he's wrong, since in the newest MP10 artwork after that video, the first time she hold her wand on her left hand.
And I still have to say this again, what you think it's wrong doesn't mean that it is wrong, this video try to use much official materials as they can, so take it or leave it,but don't say it's wrong.

His post may be a bit offensive sometimes, but hey don't call him that!
seeying as i got infracted for my previous post i will say i did not mean to say troll in a negative sense, but rather in a positive one. I now believe it was amazing of him to do what he did. I really did mean it in a good way :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom