• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nothing about Rosalina suggests she would smoke, NOTHING!

Rosalina is a loving caring mother. And considering she's surrounded by children, why would she possibly smoke forcing them to passive smoke, which is worse than smoking the actual cigarette.

uggh, I'm sorry if I'm overreacting. But the one thing I hate most is Smoking, I can't stand the smell, it has no benefits at all and for some reason people still pick up the habit despite knowing how bad it, despite how much they cost, its just stupid. Its selfish, your doing harm to yourself and everyone around you has to put up with it.
Are you saying smoking immediately invalidates a mother's love, even when they do it sensibly and away from kids?

If so, that's a messed up thing to say.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I doubt the 'casual smoker' term even exist. Most people who smokes actually KNOW the side-effects of a cigarette. It's just the addiction effect that prevents them from stopping.

From what I can gather, hardcore smoker oftentimes starts out as 'one or two wouldn't hurt...'. Then they become addicted to it and TADAH! They become more and more pulled to the thing, starts to consume more and more cigarettes, and presto! They've become a hardcore smoker who can't stop their habits without doing something big.

Sure, I can see Rosalina smoking due to the main characters being mostly adults. But who's to say that she won't fall for those the more and more she uses them? Even a powerful figure like Rosalina has her weaknesses. Think of it as an urge to play a computer or video games.

Are you saying smoking immediately invalidates a mother's love, even when they do it sensibly and away from kids?
Pretty sure they can. Just not 'immediately'.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina really doesn't have any weaknesses though.

I guess over protection of the Lumas and maybe demons of her past but that barely even counts.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Rosalina really doesn't have any weaknesses though.

I guess over protection of the Lumas and maybe demons of her past but that barely even counts.
Come on now. Think about it. If TABUU and MASTER HAND has their weaknesses (And Master Hand is called to be the creator of Smash universe)...

Why wouldn't Rosalina has one?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser would probably need a very coordinated sneak attack on her in order to kidnap her. After all, we do know that he seems capable of doing some serious damage since he stole the Power Stars and Grand Stars from the Comet Observatory. Rosalina may be a powerful being, but even she can have weaknesses.
One must remember though, that Bowser used an indirect tactic to steal the Comet Observatory's Power Stars and Grand Stars. This may imply that Rosalina is normally too powerful for Bowser to beat.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Come on now. Think about it. If TABUU and MASTER HAND has their weaknesses (And Master Hand is called to be the creator of Smash universe)...

Are you implying they were even especially powerful to begin with? Because they weren't.

Tabuu's plan was a strategy. He didn't achieve it through raw power. He manipulated a bunch of people to set things up for him.

Rosalina is literally a transdimensional deity that has a universe under her gown, tends to the universe outside and recreates it when necessary, and has an abundance of amazing powers demonstrated across a bunch of games.

Tabuu had glass wings that could be broken by Sonic using one of his most basic attacks on him (and in Smash 4, Luma Shot clashes with or beats out said attack, depending on charge). Tabuu is not at all comparable to Rosalina.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Rosalina's weakness would probably be the feeling of being all alone. She did have to endure life as an orphan before encountering the Lumas after all.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Now that's awesome.

Don't get me with a Tabuu, I really hate this guy back in Brawl's adventure mode.
Rosalina's weakness would probably be the feeling of being all alone. She did have to endure life as an orphan before encountering the Lumas after all.
Let's just hope her loneliness won't be that big of a weakness.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't consider that much of a weakness of her's either.

This is the same woman who made a picture book out of her tragic past, and reads said book to her children as a bedtime story. As well as to random Italian plumbers who just happen to be crashing on her Observatory.

She also visits her home planet every 100 years. I would assume that's when she has her release, if she ever has any.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
So apparently just giving your opinion on something and then explaining why you have that opinion is considered Overreacting? Lol.
Good to know.

I saw a picture of her smoking, I said it was Gross. That's MY opinion, and no- the answer to that isn't just "well ignore it." I have every right to express my opinion on a public forum that I think a Smoker Rosalina is disgusting, just that you have every right to say that you think a Smoker Rosalina is acceptable. Especially without it automatically being considered as an overreaction. What is so inherently wrong with sparking debates about characters that you like?

Anyways obviously we'll have to agree to disagree here- apparently the criteria for a character being able to do something in a head canon is just "Well I can see it happening" so I guess by that vein of logic, any character that ever exists can be a smoker or anything that person imagines as long as "oh, well I can totally see them doing that."

I thought one of her parents was still alive, I might be remembering it wrong but wasn't she holding someones hand when she went to visit her mother's grave?
I guess though we don't know how long ago that actually was and any of her living relatives could have already passed.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't consider that much of a weakness of her's either.

This is the same woman who made a picture book out of her tragic past, and reads said book to her children as a bedtime story. As well as to random Italian plumbers who just happen to be crashing on her Observatory.

She also visits her home planet every 100 years. I would assume that's when she has her release, if she ever has any.
Uh, it was Rosalina who made the storybook? Oh, right, yeah, it's pretty obvious.
So I guess her loneliness isn't her biggest weakness after all.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

If so, that's a messed up thing to say.
Smoking mum =/= unloving mum, and if she smokes away from her kids then she does at least show some responsibilities. However I seriously question why she would be smoking because if she smoked when she was pregnant than she would be incredibly irresponsible and if she took it up after having her kids, then it is once again irresponsible. And leaving her kids just to have a smoke is also irresponsible unless she only smokes when they are at school and no evidence is left.

Smoking parents leave a bad example whether they intend to or not. Even they're outside while the kid is inside, the kid can still see them through a Window and get the wrong idea.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So apparently just giving your opinion on something and then explaining why you have that opinion is considered Overreacting? Lol.
Good to know.

I saw a picture of her smoking, I said it was Gross. That's MY opinion, and no- the answer to that isn't just "well ignore it." I have every right to express my opinion on a public forum that I think a Smoker Rosalina is disgusting, just that you have every right to say that you think a Smoker Rosalina is acceptable. Especially without it automatically being considered as an overreaction. What is so inherently wrong with sparking debates about characters that you like?

Anyways obviously we'll have to agree to disagree here- apparently the criteria for a character being able to do something in a head canon is just "Well I can see it happening" so I guess by that vein of logic, any character that ever exists can be a smoker or anything that person imagines as long as "oh, well I can totally see them doing that."
Not sure you can still say you aren't overreacting when you bring the subject back up when we already moved on to talking about something else.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Not sure you can still say you aren't overreacting when you bring the subject back up when we already moved on to talking about something else.
Well sorry I have things to do and can't be here 24/7 to respond to replies as they happen, and I didn't know I wasn't allowed to return to a debate once I was able to reply again. :ohwell:

Anyways, for a forum dedicated to fans and mains of Rosalina, this experience has definitely not made me feel welcome here- and if the reaction I can expect any time I actually try to reasonably debate or discuss a differing opinion on this character, is basically being told to stuff it, then I'd certainly rather not be a part of it.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well sorry I have things to do and can't be here 24/7 to respond to replies as they happen, and I didn't know I wasn't allowed to return to a debate once I was able to reply again. :ohwell:

Anyways, for a forum dedicated to fans and mains of Rosalina, this experience has definitely not made me feel welcome here- and if the reaction I can expect any time I actually try to reasonably debate or discuss a differing opinion on this character, is basically being told to stuff it, then I'd certainly rather not be a part of it.
It happened for a couple of times in this thread before... :(

Cree

Smash Cadet
NNID
NL-Michi
3DS FC
4613-9307-3814
The problem is, the body just seem... 'too fat' when I draw below her... uhhh... boobs breasts. When I draw the below to 'curve' in from the breasts, she looks too thin. When I draw them straight line, they just seem... too straight lol.

The face... I need to learn how to draw her head properly. I guess I need to look at more fanarts to take some example from...

:132:
So the torso seems off? Try using straight lines to get the overall width right then draw the curves in from there. Perhaps you can change the properties of her breasts to match the body?

Yes, stack up on references, they're lifesavers! A lot of the fanart I see are influenced by Mangaka (Anime/Manga), which make drawing Rosalina extremely easy. In this style, the main goal is to get the hairstyle correctly, anything else can be unique to the artist. So, either adapt this style or find those more obscure references to help you. Good luck and keep at it!~

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Uh, it was Rosalina who made the storybook? Oh, right, yeah, it's pretty obvious.
So I guess her loneliness isn't her biggest weakness after all.
Well it was apparent to me that she did made the storybook herself so she could read it to the Lumas, knowing full well she would have to relive the most tragic moment of her life. I mean, I always knew that after my first time playing Super Mario Galaxy.

RustyOwl

Smash Rookie
NNID
RustyOwl
I don't think these kinds of guesses about her mindset are substantiated by anything canon.

She's mature and reserved, but she also seems to be at peace despite her history. It seems like it's just a bedtime story now; a sad beginning followed by a tale of loving growth, with a happy ending. That's the moral, isn't it? Finding something to smile about and be proud of.

Let's not forget all the happiness in the story, or the expression of determination and pride Rosalina suggests about her status as guardian.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
One must remember though, that Bowser used an indirect tactic to steal the Comet Observatory's Power Stars and Grand Stars. This may imply that Rosalina is normally too powerful for Bowser to beat.
Since it was an indirect tactic, one has to wonder... How did Bowser do it? My guess is that he must have used some outside source (a power that wasn't his to begin with, but made use of it anyways), and it had to be something that caught Rosalina off-guard. I wish there was an answer to how he did it, but all we can do is guess. How do you think Bowser did it?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't think these kinds of guesses about her mindset are substantiated by anything canon.

She's mature and reserved, but she also seems to be at peace despite her history. It seems like it's just a bedtime story now; a sad beginning followed by a tale of loving growth, with a happy ending. That's the moral, isn't it? Finding something to smile about and be proud of.

Let's not forget all the happiness in the story, or the expression of determination and pride Rosalina suggests about her status as guardian.
When you put it that way, it makes a lotta sense to me.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well it was apparent to me that she did made the storybook herself so she could read it to the Lumas, knowing full well she would have to relive the most tragic moment of her life. I mean, I always knew that after my first time playing Super Mario Galaxy.
Makes sense, too bad that I only played SMG2...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I think it's just your attitude more than the opinion. You came in saying other people having other opinions on Rosalina were "gross" right from the get go and what not. It's a bit of a bombastic way to make an entrance. If you had just said "I don't like the idea of Rosalina smoking too much but if other people like it/can see it, and have good reasons for it, then I don't mind", then I think nobody would have considered that an overreaction.

The presentation of your posts matters as much as the opinions expressed, if you come off as condescending and bombastic, it isn't going to rub off very well on people.

The storybook was not a happy ending, so much as a bittersweet one - the big reveal was not that her family had passed away, but that she had been deluding herself into thinking they were somewhere among the stars and that she could find them. They didn't die when she was away, they died long before she left her home planet to begin with.

While she becomes a loving mother to the Lumas and they become her new family (the sweet part), she still has to live with the harsh reality of what actually happened to her family and keep her head up high despite it, possibly only getting to release her sorrow every one hundred years - all this while being the literal caretaker of the universe (the bitter part).

Since it was an indirect tactic, one has to wonder... How did Bowser do it? My guess is that he must have used some outside source (a power that wasn't his to begin with, but made use of it anyways), and it had to be something that caught Rosalina off-guard. I wish there was an answer to how he did it, but all we can do is guess. How do you think Bowser did it?
She literally says that he absorbed the Power Stars using some kind of (literal or figurative) magnet.

It's still BS because there's no reason why she couldn't stop it while it was happening, but once again, we needed a plot for our Mario game. Pretty much all of the plotholes in Galaxy's main story stem from the fact Rosalina is basically an all-powerful goddess, yet she somehow doesn't do anything when Bowser is executing his initial plan. And even then, she could have retrieved all of the Power Stars herself afterwards. Even if you remove the element of her cosmic powers and all of that, Rosalina can go on a platforming adventure just fine in 3D World, and was actually completely broken in that game due to her Spin Attack (which is miles better than the one Mario/Luigi had in Galaxy) - even though she was half her normal size too.

My headcanon to explain why Rosalina "needed" Mario's help to get the Power Stars back, is that it wasn't a matter of her being incapable of doing it regarding her abilities (as that clearly was NOT the case - even if we go with the 3D World moveset, the Observatory was still fully capable of launching Mario off to Good Egg Galaxy after that 1st Grand Star was retrieved and Rosalina was already on the Gateway Planet at the beginning of Galaxy, which was very near to where that first Grand Star was - the Lumas could have created Launch Stars for her to get around between the planets around the Gateway even if she couldn't fly and teleport at that point - that's a moot point though, because she teleported back to the Observatory after she met up with Mario, so there is no reason why she couldn't get that first Grand Star herself), but that the Lumas would still need looking after as did the Observatory, and nobody but Rosalina can do that. However, since Mario had a motivation to chase Bowser anyway (Peach), and collecting the Power Stars and using Rosalina's Observatory to get to the center of the universe was the only way to do that for him, she just asked Mario to collect the Power Stars while she fulfills her role as a mother, and also tends to Mario's friends from the Mushroom Kingdom, such as the Toad Brigade and Luigi. Not to mention all of the new Lumas coming in. It's stupid this wasn't an officially brought up point because now we have a giant plot hole in Galaxy's story.

However, Bowser being able to take the Power Stars in the first place without Rosalina stopping him is completely unexplained and there is no reasonable headcanon that can be derived from it. It's a plot hole through and through. Once again, it's just that it's a Mario game and we needed to play as Mario.

This is no different to the classic "excuse to play the game" plot hole of "why can't Mega Man just teleport TO the Robot Masters instead of an obstacle course away, especially when it's shown that he can when you lose to a Robot Master?". It's best not to think about it and take it for what it is - they didn't really care about justifying every element of the story since the game wasn't supposed to really be about that. It's also worth noting that Rosalina becoming a main character in Galaxy was a relatively late addition, and she was originally going to be a "one galaxy" character like the Honey Queen, and was going to be a princess related to Peach at one point. It's evident that they didn't originally intend for Rosalina to have the role she does in the final game, both in the context of being a main character, and in being the most important figure in the Mario universe from a lore standpoint (since she's god - everything we know about the Mario universe until now goes back to her, since she is responsible for maintaining the cosmos). Her having these amazing powers and responsibilities wasn't something the game was originally written to account for, but for some reason they wanted to make her this god figure anyway (I would have been fine with her just being a relatively strong character, since the "mother of the Lumas" part was always the most iconic part of her character anyway), so they just kinda brushed it off until the game's endings, hoping we wouldn't notice the problems her powers bring to the story.

This is the main reason I want Rosalina to get her own series like Wario and Yoshi did - she has more justification for it than they ever did. Wario got his for no particular reason other than just having a slightly different kind of Mario game, Yoshi got his because dinosaurs were a huge craze in the 90's and Yoshi was an adorable dinosaur (also Tekuza loves him so...). But Rosalina has so much untapped potential, and the fact that they had to resort to intentional plot holes in Galaxy to make it so Mario could still be the main player character, just proves that she really needs to branch out and have games that represent what she is, or even showing us her journey to attain such a position
-------------------------

I got a bit of a care package today...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think it's just your attitude more than the opinion. You came in saying other people having other opinions on Rosalina were "gross" right from the get go and what not. It's a bit of a bombastic way to make an entrance. If you had just said "I don't like the idea of Rosalina smoking too much but if other people like it/can see it, and have good reasons for it, then I don't mind", then I think nobody would have considered that an overreaction.

The presentation of your posts matters as much as the opinions expressed, if you come off as condescending and bombastic, it isn't going to rub off very well on people.

The storybook was not a happy ending, so much as a bittersweet one - the big reveal was not that her family had passed away, but that she had been deluding herself into thinking they were somewhere among the stars and that she could find them. They didn't die when she was away, they died long before she left her home planet to begin with.

While she becomes a loving mother to the Lumas and they become her new family (the sweet part), she still has to live with the harsh reality of what actually happened to her family and keep her head up high despite it, possibly only getting to release her sorrow every one hundred years - all this while being the literal caretaker of the universe (the bitter part).

She literally says that he absorbed the Power Stars using some kind of (literal or figurative) magnet.

It's still BS because there's no reason why she couldn't stop it while it was happening, but once again, we needed a plot for our Mario game. Pretty much all of the plotholes in Galaxy's main story stem from the fact Rosalina is basically an all-powerful goddess, yet she somehow doesn't do anything when Bowser is executing his initial plan. And even then, she could have retrieved all of the Power Stars herself afterwards. Even if you remove the element of her cosmic powers and all of that, Rosalina can go on a platforming adventure just fine in 3D World, and was actually completely broken in that game due to her Spin Attack (which is miles better than the one Mario/Luigi had in Galaxy) - even though she was half her normal size too.

My headcanon to explain why Rosalina "needed" Mario's help to get the Power Stars back, is that it wasn't a matter of her being incapable of doing it regarding her abilities (as that clearly was NOT the case - even if we go with the 3D World moveset, the Observatory was still fully capable of launching Mario off to Good Egg Galaxy after that 1st Grand Star was retrieved and Rosalina was already on the Gateway Planet at the beginning of Galaxy, which was very near to where that first Grand Star was - the Lumas could have created Launch Stars for her to get around between the planets around the Gateway even if she couldn't fly and teleport at that point - that's a moot point though, because she teleported back to the Observatory after she met up with Mario, so there is no reason why she couldn't get that first Grand Star herself), but that the Lumas would still need looking after as did the Observatory, and nobody but Rosalina can do that. However, since Mario had a motivation to chase Bowser anyway (Peach), and collecting the Power Stars and using Rosalina's Observatory to get to the center of the universe was the only way to do that for him, she just asked Mario to collect the Power Stars while she fulfills her role as a mother, and also tends to Mario's friends from the Mushroom Kingdom, such as the Toad Brigade and Luigi. Not to mention all of the new Lumas coming in. It's stupid this wasn't an officially brought up point because now we have a giant plot hole in Galaxy's story.

However, Bowser being able to take the Power Stars in the first place without Rosalina stopping him is completely unexplained and there is no reasonable headcanon that can be derived from it. It's a plot hole through and through. Once again, it's just that it's a Mario game and we needed to play as Mario.

This is no different to the classic "excuse to play the game" plot hole of "why can't Mega Man just teleport TO the Robot Masters instead of an obstacle course away, especially when it's shown that he can when you lose to a Robot Master?". It's best not to think about it and take it for what it is - they didn't really care about justifying every element of the story since the game wasn't supposed to really be about that. It's also worth noting that Rosalina becoming a main character in Galaxy was a relatively late addition, and she was originally going to be a "one galaxy" character like the Honey Queen, and was going to be a princess related to Peach at one point. It's evident that they didn't originally intend for Rosalina to have the role she does in the final game, both in the context of being a main character, and in being the most important figure in the Mario universe from a lore standpoint (since she's god - everything we know about the Mario universe until now goes back to her, since she is responsible for maintaining the cosmos). Her having these amazing powers and responsibilities wasn't something the game was originally written to account for, but for some reason they wanted to make her this god figure anyway (I would have been fine with her just being a relatively strong character, since the "mother of the Lumas" part was always the most iconic part of her character anyway), so they just kinda brushed it off until the game's endings, hoping we wouldn't notice the problems her powers bring to the story.

This is the main reason I want Rosalina to get her own series like Wario and Yoshi did - she has more justification for it than they ever did. Wario got his for no particular reason other than just having a slightly different kind of Mario game, Yoshi got his because dinosaurs were a huge craze in the 90's and Yoshi was an adorable dinosaur (also Tekuza loves him so...). But Rosalina has so much untapped potential, and the fact that they had to resort to intentional plot holes in Galaxy to make it so Mario could still be the main player character, just proves that she really needs to branch out and have games that represent what she is, or even showing us her journey to attain such a position
-------------------------

I got a bit of a care package today...

That's one long post...
Cute Rosalina plushies!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"oh let's see what the rosalina boards are up to"
"oh let's see what the Lucario boards are up to"

....You know how like half of the internet stereotypes Lucario fans as horny furries and like nothing else?

Stuff like this is why.

/s

----------------

EDIT:

it her

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Getting there ....

I did this super quick , yet with Lots of patience it can totally transform into her actual hairstyle

Before

After

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Puzzle & Dragons, I'm now at World 6 in the Super Mario Bros. edition. However, the difficulty spike at certain courses have forced me to have to level grind for Coin Coffers at times.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

....You know how like half of the internet stereotypes Lucario fans as horny furries and like nothing else?

Stuff like this is why.

/s

----------------

EDIT:

it her
Just why user from Lucario thread say this? It kind of made me uncomfortable...
Any, it's great that you got Rosalina! And I see that you use the original pink 3DS, will you go get a New 3DS someday? My sister use to have a pink 3DS too.
Speaking of Puzzle & Dragons, I'm now at World 6 in the Super Mario Bros. edition. However, the difficulty spike at certain courses have forced me to have to level grind for Coin Coffers at times.
Still haven't got the game T_T...I can only play Smash 3DS and Animal crossing.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Still haven't got the game T_T...I can only play Smash 3DS and Animal crossing.
You can always buy it at the 3DS eShop. Just make sure that you have an SDHC card with you (preferably one that holds up to 32 GB), as you'll likely need it if you have a lot of eShop software in your possession.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Puzzles & Dragons Rosalina screen isn't from me.

I don't even plan to get the game. I don't get games just because my favourite characters happen to be in them. If I'm not naturally interested in them, then I won't get them. Puzzles & Dragons just doesn't look like my kind of thing. It's basically a F2P mobile game made to work as a retail 3DS game, but the gameplay and content still does not really feel like it warrants the price tag it has, and I couldn't really play it that dedicatively. The SMB version especially is really bland, since it uses NSMBWii aesthetics and is still just a typical "save Peach" plot with nothing added on.

Rosalina swayed me a bit on 3D World and Mario Party 10, but 3D World is a game I would have liked a lot even without her (I jus would not have bought it so soon - the promo material didn't do it justice), and I picked up MP10 when I did mainly because I found a really cheap price on the Mario Amiibo bundle.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
*slowly backs away*
lol. I don't blame you. Sometimes, it can get out of hand over small things, but most of the time, it's usually okay. However, when you look at other boards.... umm... yeah.... it's pretty... weird? I guess that's a nice way to put it.

Oh jeez. I see this kinda of stuff all over Miiverse, but am I surprised about this being here? Probably not.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I ordered mine on eBay about three weeks ago from a Japanese seller. The two of them bundled together for about €15 and €3 postage. Great deal, since I see them on EU Amazons for €20-€30 each.

When I touched them I briefly wished I was female because they are made of the softest material I have ever felt. And unfortunately, it is not socially acceptable for a 20 year old guy to cuddle with toys in his sleep. So I will have to pass.

....I might look into getting a nice pillow and pillow case made in Japan or something, though.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle

Are you actually serious? I came into the thread saying that Rosalina Smoking and or being a smoker is Gross. I never said anything condescending about anyone else, I never said anything like "if you like it when Rosalina Smokes then you're a disgusting weirdo." I never personally insulted anyone here. I merely expressed that I thought the notion of her smoking was gross and continued to explain why I didn't think it was a realistic portrayal of her character.

It's completely irrational to expect that in order to be respected here, I have to have the mindset of "If other people like it and have good reasons for it, then I don't mind." Especially when it's regarding a harmful activity such as Smoking. There's no law or rule that says I have to be forced to accept or be mindful of activities that I consider harmful or destructive just because other people enjoy or "have good reasons" for doing them. That's completely ridiculous. Should I be forced not to mind a drawing of Rosalina smoking a crack pipe or killing her Lumas because someone out there likes and has a "good reason" for it? It may just be a drawing, but at the end of the day it's representing something disturbing to me, and I have every right to criticize it and not be FORCED to accept it just because other people do.
I don't really see how what I posted here in the past day could be considered overreacting. Nothing I posted was rude or uncivil towards anyone else. Nothing I posted was irrational or illogical, like asking for the picture to be removed.
The way I see it, anyone who told me I was overreacting were honestly the ones doing so, because they were so annoyed that I refused to accept the mindset of a Smoking Rosalina, that they were basically telling me that I wasn't allowed to have an opinion here. That's pretty insane if you ask me.

By the way I know I'm just going to be condescended again for posting this, so don't worry you can also expect it to be the last time I'll bother trying to defend myself as well.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's completely irrational to expect that in order to be respected here, I have to have the mindset of "If other people like it and have good reasons for it, then I don't mind."
How is that completely irrational? Respect goes both ways. That's not even an "around here" thing, that's like, in general society.

And honestly nobody actually disrespecting you by saying you've overreacted. Pointing out something is not disrespecting.

You may have entitlements to speak about things, but don't abuse them. You don't have to put people down every time you disagree with them or rant about it every time. If you always feel the need to rant against everything you disagree with, especially when objectively, it doesn't harm anybody (it'd be different if it was a political discussion or something but this was just a bit of brainstorming that lead to the conclusion that Rosalina could smoke if she wanted to), then that's not being respectful to others, that's having a bloated sense of self importance.

You don't really need to defend yourself, nobody is attacking you. I'm just trying to level with you. I think you misinterpreted what people meant when they said they felt you overreacted. It wasn't an insult, you just genuinely came in with a bit of an over the top demeanour and said a lot of strong things when it wasn't exactly warranted.

I don't particularly care if you don't agree with the headcanon, but just don't take everything people say so personally.

Cree

Smash Cadet
NNID
NL-Michi
3DS FC
4613-9307-3814
Just to let everyone know, I have the new match-up analysis directory thread all set up. Be sure to read the rules if you're going to be involved with the match-up discussions.

And just as a reminder, the round 2 match-up discussions will begin on 6/1.

http://smashboards.com/threads/404194/
MU analysis? L-Luigi included...? It's not me, it's a friend of mine who has trouble with him. >->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom