• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Peach does make a good punching bag, though. So does Bowser Jr., Sonic and Jigglypuff.
I pick Jigglypuff LOL...
Recent I noticed that I hate Marth and Lucina's up smash, you can even get punish by this move even though you are only on the side, and it's even quicker than Shulk's, it's just... irritates me when I get KOed by this move.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I pick Jigglypuff LOL...
Recent I noticed that I hate Marth and Lucina's up smash, you can even get punish by this move even though you are only on the side, and it's even quicker than Shulk's, it's just... irritates me when I get KOed by this move.
The end lag on that move is terrible, but I still Lucina a lot more easier to use than Marth though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The end lag on that move is terrible, but I still Lucina a lot more easier to use than Marth though.
That's why I don't like to fight with Lucina more than Marth...

TriTails

Smash Lord
While I may exaggerating when I say 'hate', my point still stands out. I dislike her. I'm sorry if I went out a bit overboard, Daisy fans. But... yeah, that's what I feel about her.

Anyway, in behalf of the goal on not making this thread becoming a flame war...

I hate Little Mac's smashes.

All of them.

...Seriously, why the hell those moves are so strong yet has super armor...? And has little end lag...? They're seriously doing this 'great on the ground, bad in the air' thing a little overboard. It's not that I can't deal with it... but getting hit by them just... bring salt to my face.

Anyhoo, can anyone that has experience with Photoshop tell me how to properly shade and blend? Seriously can't...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's why I don't like to fight with Lucina more than Marth...
A balanced sword does seem easier to use than one that requires the sword's tip to be strong. However, balanced just doesn't seem to cut it in Smash Bros., as Lucina lacks the KO power that Marth can achieve; in other words, Lucina's approaches are less rewarding.

You guys are seriously complaining about Lucina's up-smash? Wait until you see her f-smash. It's the best in the game. No contest at all. She's literally f-smash the character.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
While I may exaggerating when I say 'hate', my point still stands out. I dislike her. I'm sorry if I went out a bit overboard, Daisy fans. But... yeah, that's what I feel about her.

Anyway, in behalf of the goal on not making this thread becoming a flame war...

I hate Little Mac's smashes.

All of them.

...Seriously, why the hell those moves are so strong yet has super armor...? And has little end lag...? They're seriously doing this 'great on the ground, bad in the air' thing a little overboard. It's not that I can't deal with it... but getting hit by them just... bring salt to my face.

Anyhoo, can anyone that has experience with Photoshop tell me how to properly shade and blend? Seriously can't...
Yeah, I don't really like to be the one who started a flame war, but i think it's okay to express your dislikes in a non-offensive way.
Somehow I don't have any problem dealing with Little mac for now, I just found out I often loses in team battles when teaming up with Little Mac, most of them abuses his side B a lot...

A balanced sword does seem easier to use than one that requires the sword's tip to be strong. However, balanced just doesn't seem to cut it in Smash Bros., as Lucina lacks the KO power that Marth can achieve; in other words, Lucina's approaches are less rewarding.
But her side B seems to be more linkable to me for some reason... what are the buffs on her anyway?

You guys are seriously complaining about Lucina's up-smash? Wait until you see her f-smash. It's the best in the game. No contest at all. She's literally f-smash the character.
Yes, I do. Maybe that I am stupid by try to approaching to her at air by trying to do a down air. But I really get punished the most by her Up Smash.
Her F-Smash is not a big threat to me. Her D Smash is sort of annoys me too...

TriTails

Smash Lord
Not when her F-smash has a lot of end lag behind it though...

But maybe I'm seeing it from Luigi's perspective, where an F-smash is very safe on shield, maybe even perfect shield when spaced. And is also 2nd fastest F-smash in the game (F12).

For the best U-smash I'd look at Link's, or Mario's.
For the best D-smash... no clue lol. LM's?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not when it has a lot of end lag behind it though...

But maybe I'm seeing it from Luigi's perspective, where an F-smash is very safe on shield, maybe even perfect shield when spaced. And is also 2nd fastest F-smash in the game (F12).

For the best U-smash I'd look at Link's, or Mario's.
For the best D-smash... no clue lol. LM's?
I seeing in Mario's and Rosalina's perspective.
Mario's Up Smash is powerful when the opponent is on the back(And near) of you, so is his down Smash. Link is more powerful then Lucina and Marth's, but it's really hard to hit on the near side. And let's wait for Lucas' Up Smash...

Palutena's? Ganondorf's?

TriTails

Smash Lord
Luigi's U-smash can punish rolls quite well, and it also hits a bit on the front, but it has diagonal trajectory...
Link's U-smash is crazy, but has long cooldown.
Palutena's is rather... laggy for me.
Ganon's is Ganon. Deals 24%, kills people at like 60-70%, and IS. SAFE. ON. FREAKING. SHIELD. Basically has no end lag.

Lucina's f-smash is F10 which is really fast, end lag though is pretty bad but it's still really good solely because of its KO power. Aero told me something about this weeks ago. I tried it out for myself and KO'd Ganondorf at ~88% at FD (3DS version) somewhere near the edge

I mean, don't get me wrong. Lucina is still not really that good of a character but her f-smash is nuts.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Lucina's f-smash is F10 which is really fast, end lag though is pretty bad but it's still really good solely because of its KO power. Aero told me something about this weeks ago. I tried it out for myself and KO'd Ganondorf at ~88% at FD (3DS version) somewhere near the edge

I mean, don't get me wrong. Lucina is still not really that good of a character but her f-smash is nuts.
No matter what, Lucina is buffed to be sure. but of course she still has weakness, I get that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That, and the fact that it has very little end lag mad it safe for Ganon to hit a shield with an U-smash.
But wouldn't shield-grabs still be something to watch out for? Powershielding would completely negate the u-smash's impact on the fighter's shield after all.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Safe on shield, not perfect shield.

And I'm not sure how shieldstun calculates in this game, but I never get shieldgrabbed whenever I hit a shield with Ganon's U-smash or Luigi's F-smash. I always able to act out first. Though, tethers may be a thing.

(It's infuriating on how Luigi's shield is the worst though. Almost every smashes are safe on the poor plumber's shield. Traction of 0.024. Okay. The 2nd worst traction (Charizard)? 0.04. What.)

Last edited:

AlisaYoon

Smash Rookie
But does post on other websites ok?
Urgh, I can used to see the pics, when I refreshed this page, it turned to small unlinkable image thumbnail... I mean the old ones.

Edit: Finally done! You guys can see it right? I tried to see this on a new Chrome page to make sure.
And check out these awesome pics from this artist! And I would appreciate anyone who translate these pics.

Next one is all about Rosalina:

Here is the most hilarious part:
Who is the artist? Do you know their name? Thanks!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lucina's F-Smash is alright but Marth's is better and his isn't even the best either.

I much prefer our own one, especially with the Luma Teeter Boost trick, or with a well controlled Luma that's swerving all over the stage. <3

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Actually, I'd rate Marth as one of the best. Can kill at the middle of the stage at like 66% if you get the tipper. And it is faster then f-smashs like King Dedede and Bowser.

But yeah, Rosalina and Luma's are pretty amazing as well with proper spacing. With Luma in front of Rosalina, Luma also goes quite far.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main issue is that Marth's f-smash requires the right timing to be very effective, which is something that Lucina doesn't have to worry about. However, Marth's tipped hits are more powerful that Lucina's balanced hits, so there's more reward for hitting with the tip than if you were to go the balanced direction.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Marth's would be one of the best if the tipper wasn't so finnicky. Hit detection on that thing is so out of whack in this game.

Rosalina's KO's just as well (with Luma being our tipper), and can be spaced anywhere we want, and can be angled.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Marth's would be one of the best if the tipper wasn't so finnicky. Hit detection on that thing is so out of whack in this game.

Rosalina's KO's just as well (with Luma being our tipper), and can be spaced anywhere we want, and can be angled.
And Luma can create a surprise attack too.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's because Rosalina and Luma are all about making surprises.
Everyone's going to Suplex City. Noone in Smash Bros is safe(except Pit, Palutena, and Rosaluma)
I'm willing to bet Rosalina and Luma would beat the **** out of Brock Lesnar. lol

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's because Rosalina and Luma are all about making surprises.

I'm willing to bet Rosalina and Luma would beat the **** out of Brock Lesnar. lol
I'm gonna take some time training my dear Luma :)

TriTails

Smash Lord
I had my times where I sent Rosalina off-stage, and tried to attack (Not gimp. Unless you are Ganon that thing is going to be hard), only to get Luma's... whatever aerial and sent flying.

Remind me to D-smash Luma first next time I met one of this duo.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
You shade something by adding a layer with the blend mode "multiply" or "overlay", then take the color of the shade and paint the stuff to shade, you can see shading on he right part of my signature, done with 100% opacity, it's nigh-invisible in normal circumstances, a blend mode is selected by selecting the image to blend and hitting the rectangle saying "normal" just above the layer list, then choose the blend mode.
This is my signature if you need it larger.
http://imgur.com/0WAEDVk

Also shieldstun is proportional to damage, and shield push is proportional to knockback, Ganon's USmash has 8 frames of shieldstun at the sourspot and 9 at the sweetspot, coupled with 18 frames endlag and high shield push the attack there is nearly anything that can punish it, also that applies to most of his attacks because of the high range and damage on them, USmash forsakes range of those same moves with sheer damage and knockback.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If she could beat Brock Lesnar, then that would be a bigger burial and embarrassment than John Cena or Undertaker losing to El Torito.

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
So where would I go to request a match specifically against a RosaLuma player? I need to grind the matchup, and I'm hoping I came to the right place. Anyone down to throw down? The closer you are to Florida, the better.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm done! I'm finally done with classes this semester! No more homework, no more essays, no more tests, no more finals! Vacation time :4falcon:Yes! That and I just had my wisdom teeth taken out and I'm recovering from that pretty quickly. So now I can focus on more things like training with Rosalina practicing those intense setups with Luma as well as finally being able to practice drawing her!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm done! I'm finally done with classes this semester! No more homework, no more essays, no more tests, no more finals! Vacation time :4falcon:Yes! That and I just had my wisdom teeth taken out and I'm recovering from that pretty quickly. So now I can focus on more things like training with Rosalina practicing those intense setups with Luma as well as finally being able to practice drawing her!
Glad to hear that.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So i just watched this

And honestly, I'm convinced. The game looks really fun and being able to Mario enemies similar to Pokemon is just too good. Oh and Rosalina is a support. I wonder how you get her?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That game does look like a lotta fun. I might consider getting that one. When's it coming out?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
What is it like they're just not convinced that it appeals to a western audience and that it's too niche for us Americans to handle? Okay, I see how it is. Fine. Make me wait a week. Hmph...

TriTails

Smash Lord
Wait, so Rosalina is in the game? What about Daisy and Waluigi (And Wario)? Are they present in the game as well?

No. Not hoping them getting in.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's already OUT! IN EVERY REGIONS!

...Except USA. Which comes out at 22nd May.

Yes, seriously.
Really? I might have to get it soon. I wonder how much it cost in Australia? Too bad I have money issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom