• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most underated and underused brawler.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
you guys are crazy, meta knight and snake are the most underused and underated...ok thats an obvious JK.
but for real, i would say either Yoshi or Jigglypuff. as a Yoshi main, i have to go online if i want to fight another yoshi and thats annoying. and i dont really see many puffs anywhere, but i know they exist, i just know it.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Luigi for both underrated and underused. I looked at the Character Ranking for the 1st time in about a month a day or so ago and saw that he fell off sooooo much.

Sonic is soooooooo underrated, but rightfully so. He is Yoshi-esque in that he fights quite differently than most of the cast.

Ike is also an underused beast, but I would like to believe that his easy to gimp recover is the reason for that.

Many of the characters named are good for underrated or underused, if I can't stand them. *yells Jigglypuff and Yoshi very conspicuously* But we all know who's to blame for that...

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Girl Kirby is the most underused and metroid is the most underrated. For some reason everybody plays as metroid's girlfriend. sometimes i even see people play as metroid and then summon their girlfreind mid-battle!!

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
Link or Mario can be applied to either. Its sad that Nintendo's two greatest icons suffer so. I'd say say Sonic too, but I'm sure some fool would just play the 'yo main!' card. Not worth my time to deal with the ignorant. Heh...

Dave08

Smash Rookie
You mean "The king of second bananas"?
No one pays attention to Luigi.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Samus always looked like a good character to me, but that's probably just because my friend beats me alot with her. Captain Falcon isn't completely bad either. It seems like 9/10 times I get edge-hogged, it's because CF gets to the stage before me every time. Seriously, I get gimped when using Fox all the time because his up b is so slow.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
There is not one completely useless character devoid of potential. Not even Captain Falcon. To think so is underestimating them.
Underrated character : Sonic (shut up)
Underused : Jigglypuff, Luigi

WITH

Smash Apprentice
underused: PT
underrated: PT

Pokemon are good. Theres a billion people talking about how much potential yoshi has when hes really mediocre at best. PT actually IS good yet nobody plays or even talks about them. They even seem to be ignored when talking about underused characters which is funny.

bobson

Smash Lord
A lot of the original twelve are underused, but I'd say DK and Pikachu suffer from the most loss of potential because they're actually very capable characters competitively. Mario also gets very little attention.
Yoshi and Captain Falcon can't really be considered underused anymore because a lot of people started to pick them up because they were underused. The same goes for Jigglypuff, though it's had a smaller effect.
Casual play is also a factor in this; there are quite a lot of people using Link simply because they like Zelda or Ike because he can steal everyone's kills in free-for-alls with ease. I also see a lot of Pokemon Trainers around for some reason.

Most underrated is probably one of the heavyweights; a lot of people write them off as useless because they're slow without looking into it. Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon and other Bottom Tier Crew members can't be truly considered underrated because in most cases they actually do suck, and you have to be better than your opponent or capitalize on their lack of knowledge of the matchup to win.

Smashers seem to prefer ******* over *******. Then again, it's a personal preference.
Yeah, I prefer asterisks over asterisks in most cases, too.

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
I actually love playing as Yoshi, he's pretty fun to use. I feel sorry for his poor reputation in the smash community so that's why I chose him as a secondary.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Samus may be underused but she's definately not underrated. She's a pretty good player.

Anyway I think the most underrated is Mario and Bowser. I haven't seen ONE person use him on Wi-Fi. Yoshi, I haven't seen too many people use Yoshi but still, he is used more than Mario/Bowser.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Like I said doods, metroid is underused. Everybody just plays metroid's girlfriend becuz she has a whip and is all sad-o-masochistic like. also because she has a big butt like snake; i like metroid but I still think metroid's girlfriend and snake should get together srsly. metroid should be a real man and dump hsi girlfirned for toon link's-the one that fires din's fire at you or whateva. i remember i was playin on single player classic mode and they were together and she kicked my ***. how did ****** cat-eyed dood get with her anyways??

that evil f-zero guy is also pretty good. the one that whips out his sword during the taunt although i think he'd be better if he actually used that sword!!

PCHU

Smash Lord
Like I said doods, metroid is underused. Everybody just plays metroid's girlfriend becuz she has a whip and is all sad-o-masochistic like. also because she has a big butt like snake; i like metroid but I still think metroid's girlfriend and snake should get together srsly. metroid should be a real man and dump hsi girlfirned for toon link's-the one that fires din's fire at you or whateva. i remember i was playin on single player classic mode and they were together and she kicked my ***. how did ****** cat-eyed dood get with her anyways??

that evil f-zero guy is also pretty good. the one that whips out his sword during the taunt although i think he'd be better if he actually used that sword!!
Are you the same one who called Metaknight "Sword Kirby"?

Anyways, Ness is looked down upon, as most people think that he's still just like he was in Melee.

Zealouz

Smash Rookie
I think Samus or Captain Falcon. I main as Falco and Marth so I'm not biased. :D

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Underused: Wario, for good reason.
Underrated: King DeDeDe

Overused: Pit
Overrated: Pit
lol wut.
I know this is opinion, but all your opinions are wrong. =P
DDD is overrated sometimes. People forget he has bad matchups. There are a bunch of Warios out there. Pit used to be overrated, not so much anymore IMO. I don't even know anyone who uses pit irl.

I think Samus is underrated. Her Zair is amazing.
As for underused, Sheik especially since she's potentially high tier /lie

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Underused: Wario, Olimar, Mario, Bowser, The Good Captain, R.O.B.
Underrated: Wario, Ganondorf, Olimar, Weegee, The Good Captain.

Overused: Meta Knight, Toon Link, Meta Knight, Marth, Meta Knight, Wolf, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Meta Knight, and Meta Knight.
Overrated: All of the above plus Snake.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag

Somebody needs to sig this. I lol'd.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Underused: Wario, Olimar, Mario, Bowser, The Good Captain, R.O.B.
Underrated: Wario, Ganondorf, Olimar, Weegee, The Good Captain.

Overused: Meta Knight, Toon Link, Meta Knight, Marth, Meta Knight, Wolf, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Meta Knight, and Meta Knight.
Overrated: All of the above plus Snake.
I disagree with some of that but its not important, but toon link. I dun think so. He's way underused.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
toon link and luigi are underused, but neither are underrated

i don't think there are many characters that are truly underrated

if a character is judged to be poor by a good player, it's usually taken at face value and that character REALLY IS poor

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Underrated: Shiek/Zelda

Underused: Luigi (why? why does nobody pay attention to WEEGEE?)

iggy204

Smash Rookie
overated: wolf
overused: kirby(my two friends always play as it)
underated: jigglypuff
Underused: ice climbers

Top Bottom