• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most shameful thing to do?

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
I was playing with my friend the other day, and i wondered, what's the most shamefull thing to do in SSBM? We couldn't agree, so I decided to ask you lot. So, what's the most disgraceful, most shameful and low thing to do in SSBM?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Showing any unsportsman-like behavior is pretty much the only thing all Smashers can agree as shameful or disgraceful. No one wants to be around rude, disrespectful, or obnoxious people.

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
One word: Shine.jk

Seriously though, I was playing someone and they said I was CHEATING because I was using jiggs. But generally just being mean or disrespectful in any way is shameful.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i'd have to be playing fox against a link and doing nothing but shining off the edge, shine spike them, and repeat. thats pretty shameful

Bailey

Smash Hero
Making excuses is called Johns people.

Most disrespectful thing to do is after you lose a match keep saying: "They aren't even good I just screwed up!" Because if you were better you would have won.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No no guys, I'll tell ya what is the most shameful thing to do to an opponent.

Land Luigi's Meteor Taunt.

If you feel no shame (but also joy) from landing it then you have no feelings for your lowly opponent.

D

Deleted member

I'm very tempted to say shine myself, and I main Fox XD

But johning and getting really angry for no reason, I think are rather stupid and should be avoided...

PT8Sceptile

Smash Rookie
Kirby swallows an opponent and jumps off. I absolutely hate that tactic, as struggling often sends you downwards instead of upwards, so that you die and the kirby lives. Thank god kirby isnt that godly otherwise, altough this is it's most annoying suicide method.

However, altough that's really annoying, I have to say that the most annoying thing is someone who just runs away in a FFA stock match. I guess you all know what I'm meaning with that.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Just don't get swallowed by Kirby: it is very easy to avoid. Projectile spamming counters sucking kirbys really hard. I have never lost to a Kirby by running away and spamming with Young Link.

Also: running away in FFA's = camping = the best way to win ffa's. LOL.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Using Captain Falcon's >B too often and then getting it wrong, and falling off the edge like a pathetic kitten, knowing there's nothing you can do about it.

DAVO

Smash Rookie
-Get killed by a kirbycide grab
-Dying while tring to eadguard
-Get hit by a Falcons/Warlock pounch , or worse, by Ganons UpTilt
-Dying while trying to show off
-Dying while tring to wavedash very close to the edge and end up airdodging out of the stage
-Dying by using raptor boost , falcon kick or Jiglipuffs roll near the edge and falling
-Dying by using kirbys DownB in Hyruls Temple tunnel and falling to death
-Trowing a motion-sensing bomb and then walking over it
And the worst of all
-Breaking your own shield ( 1000000x more shameful if your using jiglypuff)

Domo

Smash Cadet
You get a Peach player, a DK, and a Bowser. Bowser d-throws peach and leave DK at an idle on the other side, so it looks like he's holding peach's arms.

Take a picture.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
wavedashing lol, but seriously, taking a glitch in the game to your advantage is cheating to me (please don't flame)

and also, my friend plays Fox a lot and she is good, don't get me wrong, but because Fox is so broken, it's so hard to beat her. And when I finally kill her, she says, "God, it took you long enough!" And, she justs taunts (not on the game, like literally) ALL the time, but who doesn't right : )

Layupfreak

Smash Ace

If you feel no shame (but also joy) from landing it then you have no feelings for your lowly opponent.
lol both of my friends were battling yesterday, and then Luigi landed his meteor taunt on a marth hahahaa it was soo funny!

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Using nair with Link as soon as your respawn on Yoshi's Island with the yellow boxes

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
lol Laser Camping with fox or falco when your playing characters like Bowser!! its like wtf, you gonna win anyways!! (maybe)

Also picking top tiers because their top tiers, I mean come on I went to this tourny and played all Fox players....it was annoying....

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord

lol ive done that in a friendlys match lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think losing is pretty shameful

edit: With the fact that i mean losing where you make excuses and johns, and or lose and disrespect your opponent.

Playing Bowser is shameful in its own way :(

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
lol not your bowser!

Edit: betraying bowser is pretty shameful

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Most disgraceful thing = pausing and pressing L-R-A-start......have had people doing that after I shine spike them on their last stock....worst thing ever. Psy.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Out of hatred I'm compelled to say using Peach's down smash. I absolutely abhor that move for it's sheer brokenness, to the extent that I can't bring myself to use Peach at all for fear of using it.

fishsticks

Smash Apprentice
Shanghai, China /// originally from Troy, MI
Going around Youtube posting comments on tourney vids about how you can kick insert tourney player here's *** any day, without getting hit once, and only using grabs or something.

Sure, it's not directly related to the game, but it's still shameful.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Kirby swallows an opponent and jumps off. I absolutely hate that tactic, as struggling often sends you downwards instead of upwards, so that you die and the kirby lives. Thank god kirby isnt that godly otherwise, altough this is it's most annoying suicide method.

However, altough that's really annoying, I have to say that the most annoying thing is someone who just runs away in a FFA stock match. I guess you all know what I'm meaning with that.
Both of those are good tactics if you actually want to win >_>

The most shameful thing to do in any match has to be Sandbagging. There's no feeling worse than knowing our giving your all in a match just to have your opponent not take your match seriously.

Top Bottom