• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

Cless

Smash Champion
All you people are making me hate the internet even more than I already do.

Oh, and Drclaw, they do pronounce Naruto's name correctly in the dub, if that's what you're implying with your spelling.

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
My friend belives Nintendo is in some kind of conspiracy,and tht they will be realesing a Wii 2 or something like that so people who bought wiis wasted money he had this to say about brawl

"When they make it for Wii 2 you'll be sorry they might even add master chief in."

Also the fake sakuria thread was hilarious.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
"falcon punch is the best recovery" - friend who my competitive smash player friends got to play for first time...

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman

Oh My Gosh!!

I hate that crap SOOO much too!!!!

It's SOOO annoying!!

People who are like that...and then have the nerve to say:

"(insert anime character here) should be in Brawl!" deserve to eat dog poo every day; breakfast, lunch, and dinner, because it's just down-right STUPID!!!!

Oh my gosh....UGH....just thinking about that pisses me off.

I'd have to say....that's as stupid as you can get.

That's like an INSULT towards Brawl. lol
look at pokemon... if an anime has only nintendo games then it would work...

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
kinda off topic but because of the widespread of video games i think that the nerdiest thing possible is to watch anime... I hate it
anime isn't nerdy... american tv sitcoms and shows suck besides heros and smallville and house. PS. shows like family guy arent anime... they are cartoons

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I hear about someone hating Sonic because of his move set.

"Oh, look at my special moves!
B = Spin!
SideB = Spin Again!!
DownB = Spin Some More!!!"

Yeah, Sonic jumps and spins a lot, but remember...all Mario could do was jump...

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
"Oh God, I hope today's update is better then yesterday's TERRIBLE update!!"

This kid in my class while talking about how he hated the King Dedede update. Needless to say he was smacked. (And that day's update was salt in the wound for him : D)

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
"Isn't it a rip-off of that Naruto game?"

I haven't heard anyone say anything like this, but chances are that someone will say it soon.
Actually, just today I read someone say just that on some other forum ><
Then he also added the same about blade warriors(?) =\

But this post came just in time, just yesterday I've heard the most ******** quote about this from 2, not one, TWO, of my friends.
They both say Super Mario Galaxy would keep them busy for a longer while, and then one of them added, "Brawl will not stand the hype, because it's a fighting game and not an adventure game"
(Well, with SE it's now both =\)
Then again, that guy also hate Fire Emblem, because he didn't like the GBA game of it(The first one in english, with Lyn)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
"brawls is going to suck because [insert caracter name here] is in it"
"i cant wait to get my brawls for [insert console other then wii here]!"
I get this from a lot of xbox360 players making fun of how i have a wii also from ps3 players .
"Brawls is a little kids game, my 360 has Halo 3"

Guy in school - "Dedede's not in Brawl"
Me -"But he's on the Dojo. Masahiro Sakurai updates that himself."
Guy - "Yeah, okay, we'll see when it comes out. He's not in and neither is Sonic."

Same guy - "Brawl is gonna suck. There's no wavedashing"

same guy - "Brawl is a X-Box 360 game."
Me - "Uhhh....No."
some guy - "Yeah. My friend told me so."

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
"If wavedashing is out, I will boycott Super Smash Bros. Brawl all because I am so mad."
"I would kill myself if wavedashing leaves." (I am dead serious, someone said a thing similar )

GET OVER IT YOU GUYS.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
This one guy said that his parents will beat him if Earthworm Jim doesn't get in Brawl. If he's serious...he's basically ****ed.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
One guy I know said, about two years ago, juuust after Brawl was announced, that he'd read that Ness wasn't going to be in. Note that he knows absolutely nothing about Earthbound and has never heard of Lucas in his life. I told him that he was an idiot and bet him five dollars that he was wrong.

So here I am today, five dollars poorer.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
One guy I know said, about two years ago, juuust after Brawl was announced, that he'd read that Ness wasn't going to be in. Note that he knows absolutely nothing about Earthbound and has never heard of Lucas in his life. I told him that he was an idiot and bet him five dollars that he was wrong.

So here I am today, five dollars poorer.
I'd say this post is pretty stupid as you should wait until you find out the whole roster before you pay him.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
My friend said this yesterday that there won't be 3rd party characters on brawl and if there were he'd give me 50$, so i went on the dojo and clicked on the characters and showed him Snake and Sonic, and he thought i hacked it so he won't give me the 50$.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
"Lol you stupid Brawl obsessed fanatics, I'm a pro smasher, and I can tell you right now that you guys are all idiots for actually believing that fan site, Dojo, I'm going to laugh when you sit there and see no Sonic in the game."

no, really

maxieman

Smash Ace
"Lol you stupid Brawl obsessed fanatics, I'm a pro smasher, and I can tell you right now that you guys are all idiots for actually believing that fan site, Dojo, I'm going to laugh when you sit there and see no Sonic in the game."

no, really
This guy wins, go home everyone

EVERYONE HE WON

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Some people must not be able to detect sarcasm... theres no way someone could say some of these things without joking..

(and from reading these boards.. I think some people can't detect sarcasm)

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
This guys my hero seriouly!!!:laugh:
And i agree he wins it all wat a pro i bet hes gonna be the best in the world one day :chuckle:

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
"It's dumb that they took out Young Link"

His evidence was that some guy his brother knew read it on some site.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Well the saddest thing I heard about Brawl is that it will be delayed till December '08.

I don't know if you can sa that isdum or not because you never know.

The most idiotic thing I've heard someone say about Brawl is that it is going to suck. Do you think Nintendo would spend years on a game for it to suck?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Well the saddest thing I heard about Brawl is that it will be delayed till December '08.

I don't know if you can sa that isdum or not because you never know.

The most idiotic thing I've heard someone say about Brawl is that it is going to suck. Do you think Nintendo would spend years on a game for it to suck?
points to kirby's air raid and donkey kong barrel blast. not saying brawl will suck (it will indeed be epic), but im just saying...

DuoKaizane

Smash Cadet
"What if you pre-ordered ALL the copies of SSBB at your local game store? It's only around like, 5$ per copy... that'd be hilarious!"

-DuoKaizane

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Barrel Blast sucked, but it was released a little over a year after it was announced. Even if we factor in the pre-announcement development, Brawl was announced in 2005, even before the release of the Wii.

Kirby Air Ride was announced on the N64, cancelled, and then reborn on the Gamecube. If we factor in just the Gamecube version announce-to-release time, that's less than half a year. March to July, to be more specefic.

Although I liked Air Ride myself, so I think it's more subject to opinion, Brawl has had a far longer development time and a far stronger resume than both.

Top Bottom