• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most idiotic thing you've heard someone say about Brawl?(No Offensive Char. Comments)

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
"Brawl is gay, cause Wii is gay..... XboX 360 and Halo 3 make Brawl gay"
I laughed in his face quite literally

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
kinda off topic but because of the widespread of video games i think that the nerdiest thing possible is to watch anime... I hate it
I'll probably get flamed for this but...I find it weird for anybody to be a gamer (namely one who plays fighting games, RPGs and some action/platformers) and hate anime. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not OBSESSED with anime, but at the same time I don't hate its existence. I'm an Otaku and a Gamer. I always found difficult to be one and not the other. How could you be a fan of The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem and not have any type of admiration for Anime? (Especially Fire Emblem, the games are practically written as if it were an anime).

Although I can see why you hate the people who say "NARUTO 4 BRAWL!!!1" and "IF SONIC GETS THEN GOKU HAS TO BE CONFIRMED!!!" That is just ********...but anyway, I always felt that the two mediums always went hand in hand thats all. With that said, onto to the quotes...

1.) A customer at my job - "Excuse me? Do you have Super Smash Bros Braaauuulll?" (Clearly he's never seen the word brawl in print in his life until this game...)

2.) One of my friends - "Smash Bros ain't a real fighting game!! No combos, no lifebars, no tiers, nothing! Its just a party game that people take way to seriously." (This coming from a guy who thinks Virtua Fighter is one of the most realistic fighters ever...yeah)

3.) The same friend from before - "I heard Smash Bros. got delayed huh? Guess its not coming out then. It probably won't come out in February either. They'll just keep pushing back and then scrap it like Duke Nukem Forever." (I threw a textbook at him and then proceeded to punch him...in Tekken...heh heh...in Tekken 5...) :):):)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
This one guy said this" Link? wtf is he doing in Brawl? He's a more random choice than Ronald Mcdonald."

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
(especially PS3 owners)
eew, gross :dizzy:

I heard somebody say that Kirby wouldn't be in because 'he was staring in too many ****y car games'

Then I remember seeing a thread for Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee in combo like the Ice Climbers. That was great too :laugh:

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
"Ridley won't be in brawl."
"Ridley is too big to be in brawl."
"King DeDeDe was a horrible choice. Who actually wanted him?" - See locked threads in DeDeDe discussion.
"Brawl will be decent at best."

Let us not forget the cloud theory from NSider, either.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
what was the Cloud theory?
That mallow will be in brawl...

jk, it was a theory stating that the red clouds in a screenshot from the first subspace emissary video (with the halberd arriving) were in the shape of Bowser, Ganaondorf, Ridley, and possibly master hand, identifying them as the main bosses of the subspace emissary.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
The most idiotic thing...ah!

Mookie knows what he's talking about. And to be honest I'm tired of people acting like Sakurai is a god, he just got lucky with the competitive scene of Melee. He wants the game to be casual, he's lowering the laerning curve, he made L-Canceling easier, he mad catching items easier, he took out wavedashing, he said real men play with items. He's not that great. I don't think Sakurai knows anything about tiers, he thinks that Link and Gannon are top tier.
Behold; the most idiotic thing I've ever read somebody write about Brawl.

The most idiotic thing I've HEARD someone SAY about Brawl is:

"There's no wavedashing; that game will suck!"

No joke. ><

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
"Roy is gonna be in Brawl and just as awsome as he was in Melee"

This one takes my cake, and my sanity.....

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
If anime characters had a chance i could see Naruto and InuYasha being the only ones...but there not, and i sleep well knowing they never will be.

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
you forgot bleach, it actually has a game on the Wii now too. God forbid them getting into brawl though.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
If anime characters had a chance i could see Naruto and InuYasha being the only ones...but there not, and i sleep well knowing they never will be.

Theres also Ichigo from "Bleach: the shatered blade".

I've heart someone say that Solja boy was going to be annonced for Brawl. Come on imagin Solja boy vs. Snake. That's just awful.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
"Brawl will be better than Melee."

Not to say it can't be, but it could be worse. . . . . .especially when opinion comes into the equation.

"Sakurai knows what he is doing. You are stupid for worring."

Ever heard of Kirby's air ride? If anyone actually likes that game great, but most would not like it. Putting all the actions on the A button was not a smart move. =\ Plus, has anyone seen some of the balancing changes he made to the characters? Some don't make any sense.

"Competitive people don't like Brawl because wavedashing isn't in."

Even though wavedashing has something to do why some people do not like Brawl so far, it is not the only reason. No strawmans.

"Brawl will be balanced. . . . . .Brawl isn't made for you. It is made for casuals."

As you can see, that is pretty contradictory since balancing characters wouldn't really matter in a FFA with random occurences and no one using the full potential of the characters. They would just need to be slightly balanced.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
First of all, for everybody mentioning NAH-roo-TOE, please stop. I know you are agreeing with me in that he is the biggest ***got in the history of the planet earth and he doesnt even exist in real life, but just seeing his name and SSBB in the same sentance is disgusting.

I mean honestly, if there was a way I could actively perform an action that was somehow the opposite of NAH-roo-TOE being in Brawl, I would do said action all the time. Like if somebody asked what I was doing today I could say "Going to class, playing Halo 3 and Galaxy, going to class again, getting some food, NAH-roo-TOE isnt in Smash, meeting my friends to go to a movie, coming home and eating dinner, and going to bed." I wish I could do that.

My friends an I have actually actively not done things before. In fact there is this stupid 3D HANNAH MONTANA movie concert thing coming out...and it's only gonna be in theaters for a week. I am repulsed that this exists, as are my friends, so we intend to actively not go to it. We will be camping out, get in line with all the little girls, then purchase tickets to something else that starts at the same time. We will have a sign outside the tent that says 'Not hannah montanna line starts here".

on topic: Brawl ez teh failzorz because ness got teh ax.

And he SAID THAT OUT LOUD, it wasn't typed.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
First of all, for everybody mentioning NAH-roo-TOE, please stop. I know you are agreeing with me in that he is the biggest ***got in the history of the planet earth and he doesnt even exist in real life, but just seeing his name and SSBB in the same sentance is disgusting.

I mean honestly, if there was a way I could actively perform an action that was somehow the opposite of NAH-roo-TOE being in Brawl, I would do said action all the time. Like if somebody asked what I was doing today I could say "Going to class, playing Halo 3 and Galaxy, going to class again, getting some food, NAH-roo-TOE isnt in Smash, meeting my friends to go to a movie, coming home and eating dinner, and going to bed." I wish I could do that.

My friends an I have actually actively not done things before. In fact there is this stupid 3D HANNAH MONTANA movie concert thing coming out...and it's only gonna be in theaters for a week. I am repulsed that this exists, as are my friends, so we intend to actively not go to it. We will be camping out, get in line with all the little girls, then purchase tickets to something else that starts at the same time. We will have a sign outside the tent that says 'Not hannah montanna line starts here".

on topic: Brawl ez teh failzorz because ness got teh ax.

And he SAID THAT OUT LOUD, it wasn't typed.
I take back what I said before. Although I don't like the AMERICAN Naruto or Hannah Montana, this is now the most idiotic thing I've ever read about Brawl.

Sliq

Smash Master
Is there a way to quote every post in one topic, because if so, I'd do that with this one.

121DL3Y

Smash Cadet
"Yo, Mr. Resseti is definitely playable in brawl...I mean think about he has a pick AND he's not in the background of Smashville!"

-Me (without even considering an AT)

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I can't quote it 100%, but my friend often says stuff like

"BRAWL WILL STUFF BECAUSE THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO"

as if variety is a bad thing.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
"Fox is weaker and I will never get the game becasue of that" It's been a while since I heard that.

FFBlackmage456

Smash Rookie
Some kid in my math class said " I've been hearing these rumors that Solid Snake's gonna be in brawl". And this was last week too. LOLZ

NDUDE

Smash Ace
"MASTRE CHIEF 4 BRAWL!!1!!!!!"
"Why the hell is Snake in Smash Bros? He's never been on a Nintendo console."
"All controllers except the GC controller should be banned from tournaments."
"I know who the whole roster is, but I'm not telling."
"Smash Bros is gay. Soul Calibur/Halo 3/Motorstorm/Assassin's Creed/Guitar Hero 3 is way better."

And finally, non-SSBB-specific one:

"Dude, the Wii's motion controls are just a gimmick tacked on to match up to the Sixaxis on the PS3."

People are idiots.
LOL, MotorStorm. That game is so slow, and it's not that easy to get the hang of. Halo is nothing special. It has good multiplayer, but it doesn't deserve the hype.

Top Bottom