• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most friendly looking Nintendo villain ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
Yup.
Half the time he really isn't even evil, he just hates how Kirby hogs the spotlight.
In Kirby's Adventure (aka Nightmare in Dreamland) Dedede was actually fighting Kirby to keep Nightmare away from the Star Rod and the Fountain of Dreams.

So yeah, he's the friendliest of all Nintendo villians (almost friendliest of all villians).
In general he's a pretty good guy.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Yes, no doubts.

That's a reason why I don't like him so much...

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
It's kind of a stretch to call him a villain at all. This guy makes Swiper-No-Swiping look like Sauron-No-Genociding. And he'll still kick more *** than Chuck Norris in hiking boots. Just goes to show how much awesome Brawl has to go around.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm wondering why so many people have the idea that Dedede (and Meta Knight) are villains? Did they only play through part of any given Kirby platformer and never finish it?

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I'm wondering why so many people have the idea that Dedede (and Meta Knight) are villains? Did they only play through part of any given Kirby platformer and never finish it?
Wasn't Metaknight the final boss in Kirby Super Star? And I'm pretty sure Dedede was a final boss in one of the older Kirby games.

Besides, Metaknight might be playing a fairly villainous role in SSE.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I do not think so, because you can tell, well for one screenshot, that the Ancient Minister may have taken his Halberd by force...

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I can't shake the feeling that Master Hand has something to do with SSE but we'll see...

While Dedede has that lovable appearance, there is a wicked twinkle in those gigantic eyes. And anyone who walks up to me with a mallet larger than my head is automatically a threat.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
King Dedede is pure evil....

....he's just biding his time.... waiting to strike.....

look at his eyes! LOOK AT HIS EYES!!!!

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Dedede isn't really a Villain and neither is Meta Knight. Sure, they both fought Kirby at once point, but they became good guys in the end. Dedede can be compared to Wario in a way. Not exactly evil and can do some good, but he is a bit greedy as well as stubborn and will only really help if he benefits from it.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Dedede especially, is not villainous. He's like Wario but less evil: Whereas Wario usually only thinks about #1 and will do bad deeds if the profit is enough, Dedede generally fights against evil, even when it would be safer for him if he didn't (though he has no qualms with stealing people's food). He's selfish, not evil.

Meta Knight isn't really evil, he's just has an honor code that he obsessively abides by, from time to time: The one time where he tried to take over the world (Kirby Superstar), and his only ever truly villainous appearance, was because he wanted the make the people of Dream Land stop being lazy (or something like that). Every other time he has helped Kirby, sort of, even while simultaneously working for Dedede.

The biggest example of both of them not being evil. In Kirby's Adventure (later remade into Nightmare in Dreamland), Nightmare attempts to use the Star Rod and give everyone in Dream Land nightmares. Dedede, in a sincere effort to stop him from menacing the people of Dream Land, takes the Star Rod and breaks it into several pieces. As this stops people from Dream Land from having dreams, Kirby tries to stop him, suspiciously believing that Dedede was causing mischief, when he was actually trying to save Dream Land. When Kirby rejoins all the pieces of the Star Rod (defeating Dedede in a humorous scene where DDD hangs onto Kirby desperate to stop him), Nightmare appears, and Dedede give Kirby the Star Rod and helps him defeat Nightmare once and for all.
Meta Knight, while holding a piece of the Star Rod for DDD, apparently doesn't agree with DDD's plan and helps Kirby to defeat Nightmare completely (giving him invincibility candy to help him through some of Dedede's minions' other traps), though he would only give Kirby his piece of the Star Rod if Kirby bested him in battle.

KindKing

Smash Cadet
He does look the least threatening character in all Nintendo series, but if you look at games with him in it he usually just wants Kirby gone. He is not evil he just wants his time to shine be all the time. I am expecting something very evil from him. Also if you have seen the Subspace vids, Wario is an evil character and why would Nintendo put DeDeDe unless they needed more evil characters for Subspace.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
why would Nintendo put DeDeDe unless they needed more evil characters for Subspace.
Well, he was planned to be in the last two games, but never truly completed. More likely than for Subspace, they put him in to put in a new, interesting character to fight with.

Zek

Smash Ace
lol, pretty much every Kirby game ends with "But he wasn't really evil after all, the bad guy was this sinister shadow creature all along!" There are just a lot of misunderstandings in Dream Land.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think that you're thinking of the anime, for th most part, but yeah, at first glance, King Dedede doesn't really look like anyone that sort of looks "evil" per se....

But he DOES do some pretty bad things.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
He looks like the twisted offspring of a duck and a big mouth bass, with the gut of a sumo god. :D

I can't wait to team up with another heavy-weight player and lay the smack down using his ridiculous skill shots.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Do people STILL find Chuck Norris jokes funny? Move on. It's been three years.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Wasn't Metaknight the final boss in Kirby Super Star? And I'm pretty sure Dedede was a final boss in one of the older Kirby games.

Besides, Metaknight might be playing a fairly villainous role in SSE.
DeDeDe was indeed the final boss in the original Kirby's Dream Land. but past that, i couldn't tell ya...

but he stole Dream Land's entire food supply? that's not evil, that's just being a jerk...for no apparent reason, mind you.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Actually he isn't evil, he is dutiful and chivalrous. also by what I have seen, we do not know Metaknights situation if anything he is good because the Ancient Minister Hyjacked his precious Halberd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom