• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most friendly looking Nintendo villain ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkenedsoul

Smash Cadet
As a enemy from a kirby game that automaticly makes him the most friendly looking enemy ever =P

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Yah.. Dedede is like a Fat penguin with a hammer...and apparently has a wardrobe. lol don't kill me, I've never played a kirby game.

King_Dedede

Smash Cadet
DEDEDE will pwn ubertime. if you look at the first picture on the stage creator page at the dojo, you see his belly inflated. that means he will puff up like kirby!
I'M ALL FOR FLYING HEAVEYWIEGHTS!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Dedede is a mischievous child who just happens to be one of the most powerful beings on the planet.
I think that's pretty much the most effective way to summarize him.

InjuredPelican

Smash Cadet
Dedede isn't really a Villain and neither is Meta Knight. Sure, they both fought Kirby at once point, but they became good guys in the end. Dedede can be compared to Wario in a way. Not exactly evil and can do some good, but he is a bit greedy as well as stubborn and will only really help if he benefits from it.
Wario is pretty evil. He almost conquered mushroom kingdom in Mario Land 2, and he's up to more trouble in Brawl. He shoots wichever princess you don't save! Shooting princesses is certainly a capital crime.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Of course, considering that the Kirby series is cute and all "happy-happy joy-joy".
no, Kirby is a game if taken at face value is cute and cuddly, if you look deeper into the stories and the mechanics, and things like Dark Matter, you'll see Dream Land is pretty horrific.

Not as dark as like resident evil, but I actually consider it a darker Nintendo game :x. Maybe I look too much into it.

It just strikes me as odd that Dreamland is in chaos and an alien is the only thing helping it. Honestly, without Kirby, nightmares, corruption and crime would run free. Look at the enemies, a pink fairy thing... but it has menacing eyes.

Kirby's stories didn't get "cute" until the Anime set in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
if you look deeper into the stories and the mechanics, and things like Dark Matter, you'll see Dream Land is pretty horrific.
In actuality, I can attest to that...among the 4 Kirby games that I have played(my mother does not let me have any handhelds), 3 of them have relative dark themes; Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64. KDL3 had scarred me in particular(I played it when I was younger) with its final battle(especially the final 2 forms 0_0). In summary, I do know what I am talking about, thank you.

Look at the enemies, a pink fairy thing... but it has menacing eyes.
Which enemy are you referring to, by the way?:confused:

LETSPLAYSOMETETRIS

Smash Rookie
Dedede especially, is not villainous. He's like Wario but less evil: Whereas Wario usually only thinks about #1 and will do bad deeds if the profit is enough, Dedede generally fights against evil, even when it would be safer for him if he didn't (though he has no qualms with stealing people's food). He's selfish, not evil.

Meta Knight isn't really evil, he's just has an honor code that he obsessively abides by, from time to time: The one time where he tried to take over the world (Kirby Superstar), and his only ever truly villainous appearance, was because he wanted the make the people of Dream Land stop being lazy (or something like that). Every other time he has helped Kirby, sort of, even while simultaneously working for Dedede.

The biggest example of both of them not being evil. In Kirby's Adventure (later remade into Nightmare in Dreamland), Nightmare attempts to use the Star Rod and give everyone in Dream Land nightmares. Dedede, in a sincere effort to stop him from menacing the people of Dream Land, takes the Star Rod and breaks it into several pieces. As this stops people from Dream Land from having dreams, Kirby tries to stop him, suspiciously believing that Dedede was causing mischief, when he was actually trying to save Dream Land. When Kirby rejoins all the pieces of the Star Rod (defeating Dedede in a humorous scene where DDD hangs onto Kirby desperate to stop him), Nightmare appears, and Dedede give Kirby the Star Rod and helps him defeat Nightmare once and for all.
Meta Knight, while holding a piece of the Star Rod for DDD, apparently doesn't agree with DDD's plan and helps Kirby to defeat Nightmare completely (giving him invincibility candy to help him through some of Dedede's minions' other traps), though he would only give Kirby his piece of the Star Rod if Kirby bested him in battle.
i totally agree. i was just thinking about the time when on the kirby anime DDD questioned meta knights loyalty and meta knight kicked him off a cliff LOL OWNED

Smash Ace
i totally agree. i was just thinking about the time when on the kirby anime DDD questioned meta knights loyalty and meta knight kicked him off a cliff LOL OWNED
I would say that Meta is not loyal, or at least not loyal to The King with the Hammer.

iron blade

Smash Ace
he reminds me of the pillsbury dough boy in that picture, you just want to squeeze him and see what happens:chuckle:

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Dedede isn't evil. He's just an ***. I love that about him though. Starving the people of Dreamland.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
You could definitely say that, because as everyone has said, Dedede is a good guy. Not a villain, not evil. A little selfish? You bet. Sometimes a jerk to the people he rules over? Maybe more than sometimes. Slightly lazy? Sure. But evil? No, he tries do what he feels is the right thing. He does have something of a rivalry going with Kirby, but he helps him out a lot, and I doubt that he truly hates Kirby. When he's possessed, thats a different story. (Also, the Dedede in the anime is always trying to destroy Kirby, but he's pretty different in a lot of personality aspects from this Dedede, the one in the games).

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I agree that DDD is Lazy, Selfish, But he does the right things when he feels like (what any man would want). But thank goodness for playing Crystal Shards...DeDeDe is pretty cute I could see that in a penquine

woah42

Smash Cadet
Yep. I have know doubt. I have Nightmare in DreamLand and his boss battle isn't frightening in the least.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I guess the baddest guy in the krby series is that flying ninja mouse with hat and cape from squak(mouse) attack. Considiring he opened a chest of evil and tried to takeover the world.

Meta knight and dedede is just questionable on their moods, if kirby has lost his cake and accuses dedede for stealing it = evil etc.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
They should have made Dedede look pissed like he does in the older games (I havent played the newer ones), he would be so much more of a badass. That smile they gave him makes him look WAY too peaceful, but he looks cute so its kool :).

orintemple

Smash Lord
Dedede is not supposed to be scary. Kirby is a very kid friendly series. Bright colors, cute graphics. I mean, ALL the characters are cute. Cept MK but he...he's probably cute under the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom