• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Embarrassing Thing That's Happened to You?

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Going into online smash at all with horrible internet connection. I had forgot I had used up all my data for the month, I managed to get in a game but it was horribly slow. I'm so ashamed for the fellow smashers who had to deal with me.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Fighting really frickin good links and toon links and literally not being able to do anything because of 10/10 projectile usage and competent close combat skulls.

Good links ALWAYS 2stock me.
I know that feel unfortunately
Link hits pretty damn hard I've noticednoticed

do they start off with the Boomerang + Arrow combo for you too?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

Most I've seen actually pull out bombs first, but yeah, the boomerang and arrows are the real assholes to deal with.

Arc1llusion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarfed
I have, on more than one occasion, used Sheik's or ZSS' dair on Brinstar, hit the flabby part of the stage, and proceeded to dive to my death.

Also @ MachoCheeze MachoCheeze , your sig gif is my favorite. That game gave me endless hours or amusement just trying to see which expressions I could get Pac-man to make. Good times.

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
I SD'd twice with bowser jr side b and then did it again not even 10 seconds after resqawn on omega mode pacman stage

CrimsonFireWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrimsonFireWolf
3DS FC
0490-5298-4357
Switch FC
5802 6387 3309
Self destructing while hold a b button when thought i pushing up & b

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Broke some Ike's shield with Dorf's U-tilt, taunted & went for a reverse warlock punch.
I forgot to reverse the punch & missed a KO :facepalm:.

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Met a Japanese ROB, he would literaly roll to each side of the stage so he could spam his down-b and lazor beam.

His tactic was so stupid, that even a 10 year old could work around it, but with 2 second input delay, i was forced to needle camp the entire match.

When it came to Sudden Death i almost KO'ed him with my needles.

When i chased him offstage i accidentally started charging my needles, it took 2 seconds before i canceled it, but it was already too late...

My viewpoint on Japanese players being extremely good have changed, they are ******** that play the lamest way to win. :glare:
(No offence to you Japanese players out there...) :happysheep:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I was fighting against this Ganondorf and owning him really hard but then he made a small comeback and I ended up beating him with only 1 stock remaining.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Met a Japanese ROB, he would literaly roll to each side of the stage so he could spam his down-b and lazor beam.

His tactic was so stupid, that even a 10 year old could work around it, but with 2 second input delay, i was forced to needle camp the entire match.

When it came to Sudden Death i almost KO'ed him with my needles.

When i chased him offstage i accidentally started charging my needles, it took 2 seconds before i canceled it, but it was already too late...

My viewpoint on Japanese players being extremely good have changed, they are *******s that play the lamest way to win. :glare:
(No offence to you Japanese players out there...) :happysheep:
Well maybe Japanese humans are people too with their own individual skillset and personality. And there you thought all Japanese people were cloned experiments made for gaming!

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Well maybe Japanese humans are people too with their own individual skillset and personality. And there you thought all Japanese people were cloned experiments made for gaming!
I am fully aware that not all Japanese players play like that, it was meant as a simple joke.

I really hope you didn't actually take my comment seriously...

1FC0

Smash Lord
I am fully aware that not all Japanese players play like that, it was meant as a simple joke.

I really hope you didn't actually take my comment seriously...
Obviously I made a joke. I really hope that you did not really think it was all serious.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
When the game was first out I kept Falcon Kicking from off the map and since it goes way faster than in previous games I would misjudge and kill myself. As of recently I sometimes Side-B Falcons recover when I'm trying to Up-B and end up looking like an idiot.

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
I just keep using side-B when trying to recover. Kills me every time. Can't wait for the Wii U version so I can stop doing this stupid mistake.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
I've done multiple Rollouts off the stages w/ Jigglypuff, do I regret it?
No because it's funny when it happens, yet im like Embarrass

Last edited:

zambiteer

Smash Rookie
NNID
zambiteer
3DS FC
5000-4246-4384
i used Toon Link's down aerial far off the edge. -_- it was horrible...

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
There's a lot of psychological pressure behind the move. You just gotta stay calm and hit them about two good times and presto no more k.o. punch. I seriously see a lot of players tense up and slow down as soon as they hear the k.o. bell ring, and it sucks because they were playing better before. It's kinda cliche but being afraid of it ends up being a self fulfilled prophecy. I notice the opponents I play that rush in confidently knock my punch away really quick.

That being said, I still get hit with it against other Mac users sometimes even when I do stay calm and confident, lol.
If I am using a character I am good at juggling with, they will never get to hit me with that move.

The most embarrassing moments for me is when I'm using Link and try to tether recover,but he attacks for some reason and when I accidentally use captain falcon/ ganons down be and kill myself.

Nah those Link/ Toon Link players suck. They spam the same stuff over and over. They only seem good because it is difficult to punish.

Last edited:

Jackaraia

Smash Cadet
Thinking I still had my second jump and waiting to use it until I was back under the side of the stage to avoid getting side smashed back to the blast zone. I didn't even have enough time to use my recovery before I was in the ground.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Here's a new one; I was fighting a Captain Falcon as Shulk. Both down to one stock, I was at higher percentage than Falcon, the player decides to reverse Falcon Punch.

I saw this as an opportunity to KO him using Vision, but unfortunately for me, my fingers tried to input Down B too fast that I ended up activating Monado Arts instead.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
The most embarrassing thing that happened to me was losing to a Little Mac who did almost nothing but counter. I really haven't fought many counter spammers in FG, so while I theoretically knew what to do I totally flubbed it and basically killed myself.

I also got 2-stocked by a Captain Falcon while doing less than 30% damage to him. He finished me off in mere minutes with a knee of justice.

Almost as bad was a set last night where I repeatedly fought against a great player whose main I can't quite remember. Regardless, they beat my Ike a handful of times, but I slowly did better and better against them until I finally had a solid lead in one match. I knocked them off the ledge and jumped off after them to go for a final kill, but when I used Aether to recover to the ledge, I messed up and ended up facing away from the ledge. I SD'd and they left right after, apparently bored of beating me.

Any time I lose with Samus. It's usually just me getting juggled while I sit there thinking about the choices I've made in my life. Then I consider maining someone else.

Also the side-B/up-B screwup. The sooner I can ditch this 3DS version, the better.

Misinko

Smash Cadet
I constantly screw up my input close to the stage and hit side-b as Sonic and fall to my death. It's also embarissing to screw up Mario's Up-b and go the wrong direction when trying to recover.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
When I hit up b instead of side b and then immediately rush off the stage to my death. :facepalm:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Having Lucina's Up-B not auto-grab the ledge, then fast falling to the ledge, yet not grabbing it for some reason I don't understand.
It's happened a lot.

Zyrac

Smash Rookie
There are two things I've done a few too many times with Villager - riding Lloid Rocket off the stage and dying (either because they reflected me, or because I was aiming for the ledge and missed), and having the bowling ball reflected at me.

I've had some pretty bad recovery failures with Ness. Does PK Thunder handle differently from in Brawl, or am I just rusty?

Oh, and there was one time I accidentally used Rest right after being launched offstage. I don't even know what I was trying to do. I survived, though (my opponent just taunted).

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Laggin as PacMan when I was way ahead of my opponent, I went off to edgeguard and the game froze (no lag all match), I figured we would DC so I looked away because it was like 10 seconds of being frozen, it unfreezes and I'm under the stage bouncing on my trampoline 3 times against the bottom of the stage, gg.

Last edited:

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
As Jigglypuff, I used Sing and made an opponent fall asleep right on the edge of Final Destination. I ran up to them (as I usually do) and hit down B. This time, I missed. I Rested right as my running momentum carried me off the side of the stage. And I slowly floated, asleep, to my doom below.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I playing a Lucina who used B to break my shield. She taunted me right next to me and then KO'd me. I was salty at the time but looking back its more hilarious than anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom