• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Embarrassing Thing That's Happened to You?

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
We've all done some pretty dumb stuff online, so why not share some stories!?

For me it was when I was having a really close match with a Lucario but unfortunately my opponent DC'd (I'm guessing connection issues cause he'd been a good sport in all of our games). I got bopped by the level 1 NPC Lucario when it used counter...

Last edited:

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
The rather embarrassing amount of times I've accidentally used Greninja's Side-B trying to recover back onto the stage.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Self destructing when trying to tether recovery with Samus, because the circle pad messed up and Samus used her up air instead.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
The one that sticks out for me is trying to perform a down aerial with Toon Link against an enemy on the edge of the stage, missing by scant inches, and flying off the bottom of the screen.

Not a specific incident, but the number of times I have been undone by my own explosives is embarrassingly high, whether it be running into my own mechakoopas as Lemmy or attacking an enemy right after sticking them with a Crash Bomb as Mega Man.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Cracked my skull on the bottom of the stage when trying to extreme speed back up to the ledge.

D

Deleted member

I was about to win a For Glory match as Shulk and I was off the stage. My opponent was far way enough to the point where he probably won't recover. All I needed to do was use Air Slash to recover and I won!
...Guess what move I used instead? Guess what move sent me plummeting to my death? GUESS WHAT MOVE CAUSED ME TO LOSE?!
FREAKING BACK SLASH!

Ugh. I have never been so embarrassed in my times playing Smash...

Last edited by a moderator:

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
i whiff ness' recovery constantly, but only online i would say im very good with him otherwise. generally i screw up the pk thunder and die so the first thing i do when i respawn is run off the stage to show them that yes i do indeed know how to recover with ness. then i get back to the fight

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I was trying to do the trick where you can turn Rollout instantly but I forgot to turn back and I flung myself off the stage

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Once I was trolling around with Ganondorf, and played against a fairly competent Little Mac. We were both on our last stock, and I was knocked off the stage. After I used my double jump, the Little Mac literally jumped into me and mashed Nair, traveling downwards with me. I couldn't move out of the hitstun, and was KO'd off the bottom of the stage. I'd have cried if I wasn't so busy laughing.

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
Funny story.

I'm on a 6 win streak with a very noble Captain Falcon ditto. The dude wanted to learn so me and him were having friendly matches, on For Glory mind you. Both myself and he would taunt at the start of the match then begin to play. IT WAS AMAZING. One of the only good memories I'll have of FG.

Anyways on the 7 match I just go bad for some reason, then at the same time he goes ****ING TURBO and I accidentally use Raptor Boost instead of Up-B to recover, die, THEN he starts pulling off this amazing chain combo and spikes me on the ledge with his Dair.

It was embarrassing but I had a great laugh. I have a replay of it as well.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Every time I use Back Slash against non-CPU opponents locally or online.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Back when I mained random primarily, I got Little Mac for the first time, and in the first 10 seconds I side-B'd off the stage.

I tried hookshotting to the stage with Link and I got a nair command instead for some reason.

WaluigiWeegeeSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
NewerLuigi
3DS FC
1934-0873-4422
It was more of a glitch, but it's is still pretty embarrassing. I was facing someone if for glory and they had lost, but when I was back at the menu, I was the under then name and character of that person. It took me approximately 5 minutes to realize this.

On a gameplay perspective however, I once lost after being 1 stock up because I missed the edge by a pixel with Aether.

Aldri

Smash Cadet
SDing twice in a row with Kirby. The second time I did get my up-b to work...facing the wrong way.

ValorYoshiX

Smash Rookie
NNID
ValorYoshiX
3DS FC
1977-0265-0796
Egg Rolling off the stage, failing to use Rosalina's recovery because I was facing the wrong way and getting meteored by a DK like 10 seconds into the match.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Losing to little mac plebes, who did nothing but roll around and spam jab, ftilt, dash attack and smashes.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I don't have a top most embarrassing moment, but what really sucks is when I lose to someone playing with one of my characters and bodies me badly. To me, nothing feels worse than getting bodied with your own main or sub-mains, since it makes me feel that he/she is so much better than me. Whenever that happens, I save a replay of it to get help from other players so I can improve and maybe get some revenge if I ever conveniently encounter them again (like that's gonna happen).

But then again, what feels the greatest to me is bodying someone else with their own characters, makes me feel like a champ sometimes.

Chief Chili

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChiefChili
3DS FC
4399-0356-3573
Getting hit by a Jigglypuff's Sing followed by rest.
This... but I got hit twice by jigg's sing in a best out of 3 match I had with some random in FG. The embarrassment was too much watching jiggly slowly wake up and walk towards me and rest... TWICE

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
I was up a stock and about 100% on a really bad Mario player, but I ended up losing because I self destructed while stalling and I got hit by his meteor smash shortly after I respawned. I guess that's what I get for being a bad sport. :ohwell:

Aldri

Smash Cadet
One more to add--Knowing that I'm playing like a scrub (continually running into the shield/grab combo) but not having the skill to change it up.

BBC7

Smash Ace
The most embarassing thing is thinking you're good but the game suddenly pairs you up with half-decent players and you get rekt.

Last edited:

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
The closest I can remember is using side B with characters below the ledge when I meant to put in up B.
I tell ya that circle pad really doesn't lend itself nicely for precision, unless I'm just a little quick to the trigger.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I hate when I have a really close last stock last hit match with someone and then I side b offstage (as Rob or Sheik) instead of up b.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Once I was trolling around with Ganondorf, and played against a fairly competent Little Mac. We were both on our last stock, and I was knocked off the stage. After I used my double jump, the Little Mac literally jumped into me and mashed Nair, traveling downwards with me. I couldn't move out of the hitstun, and was KO'd off the bottom of the stage. I'd have cried if I wasn't so busy laughing.
Oh man, when my friend figured out how to do that (against me :facepalm:), we couldn't stop laughing! :joyful:

Last edited:

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Also, I get super embarrassed when I'm Link, I pull out a bomb, and then end up throwing it straight at the ground without jumping. And when I fast fall on accident while doing a down air. Usually because of lag. So scrubby. :evil:

Last edited:

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Dying at less then 20% as Wario because a lag spike caused me to ride the bike into the side of the stage instead of jumping off before that happened.

It's stuff like that makes me feel inclined to wait until the Wii U version comes out to play online, since wired connections will hopefully resolve a lot of the unstable connection issues.

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Walking into KO Punches makes me feel useless.
There's a lot of psychological pressure behind the move. You just gotta stay calm and hit them about two good times and presto no more k.o. punch. I seriously see a lot of players tense up and slow down as soon as they hear the k.o. bell ring, and it sucks because they were playing better before. It's kinda cliche but being afraid of it ends up being a self fulfilled prophecy. I notice the opponents I play that rush in confidently knock my punch away really quick.

That being said, I still get hit with it against other Mac users sometimes even when I do stay calm and confident, lol.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Successfully gimping a Shiek for the win as Samus only to accidentally missle instead of up b on my way back to the stage, killing myself before they could fall to their doom. Ugh.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Using Villager's Side-B to Recover back into the action...only to let the b button go way too early and SD.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Pikachu's Quick Attack on the 3DS at times.... uhm... only does one attack and not the second jump/attack thing. So, I just miss the ledge when I should have been landing right behind my opponent.

It's happened... far too often than I'd like. But I'm getting better.

DarkestMind

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4640-0353-2924
Using Cptn. I did falcon kick in the wrong direction and went off-stage I then jumped to the side of the stage to lay on it so I can jump again onstage, it never happened so I falcon kicked off stage then just jumped and fall to my death at 0% (my opponent was 10%)...

It was a not so good player I ended up winning against the Sheik, with a very epic Knee of justice at 48% kill to it's last stock haha had to save the replay.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was using Jigglypuff while playing against Marth, the opponent was pressuring my shield as I was just about to shield drop. Marth's shield-breaker came out; for some reason or another I decided that it was a great idea to block it, obviously that was not one of my finer moments.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Using Metaknight's Aerial-B off the edge is not fun, it'll bounce you away from the edge as you meet your doom

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I broke a Lucina's shield with DK headbutt and taunted. I then decided to unleash my Fully charged Giant Punch. Sadly I short hopped the punch right over her head which put me in the helpless state where I fell to my death and lost.

I contemplated about my life for 10 seconds after doing that.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It seems that the people that struggle with Up B to save their life must have fat fingers...
Anyway, in a For Glory match, I was using PK Spark to cover my recovery, but then the shocking fact slapped me in the face: it puts you into free-fall right after using it. I was in complete disbelief, so I just committed suicide on my 2nd stock.

Top Bottom