• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Embarrassing Thing That's Happened to You?

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Using Back Slash too close to the edge and falling to my death. You know, like those Mac's who use side-b too close to the edge?

MetalHeroOfTime

Smash Rookie
This just happened to me. I was playing in "For Fun" as Megaman, a character I'm not that good as. I somehow manage to get the Smash Ball and hit all three of the opposing players with that purple energy void thingamajig. Right when it begins flashing through all the megamen, the timer counts down. It gets all the way to Classic Megaman and the game ends. While I wouldn't have won the match, I would have at least gotten second instead of dead last.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Dying to a Rosalina that was totally sandbagging and doing almost nothing but back airs. >.<

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I think when it comes to embarrassing I can only think of it in fun ways in this game. Some of the off stage shenanigans are beyond hilarious now with the new ledge mechanic. Going down to gimp someone can turn into the most entertaining circus act. I'd say losing a winning game to these off stage turn around scenarios is the most embarrassing fun I've had so far. Or being super cheeky and greedy and having it blow up in your face with moves like ganon's up tilt, falcon punches, D3 down hammer etc.

That and I think shield breaks are universally funny and embarrassing.

the whiffs or odd moves coming out from silly 3ds pads aren't embarrassing as much as understandable and I just roll with it. I can tell when it happens to an opponent, and i know it doesn't feel great. I've gotten very used to the controls and still, the random Side Special pops during an Up Special moment.

Last edited:

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
Losing to little mac plebes, who did nothing but roll around and spam jab, ftilt, dash attack and smashes.
This, definatly.

Funny story: I had both my lives left, the opponent one, almost zero. I was about to win. BUT, starting from that point, I couldn't hit him at all, while he KO'd me twice. So I lost while he only needed ONE HIT, while I was getting him easily, untill that stupid, dumb moment.

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
I've tried to use Robin's Elwind to smack down a recovering opponent... and then proceeded to fall to my death after wasting my Up-B AND missing the opponent with my bad timing. That and just missing recoveries in general (like somehow I mess up Falco's Fire Bird all the time when I never did on past games?) is pretty embarrassing.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Using Back Slash too close to the edge and falling to my death. You know, like those Mac's who use side-b too close to the edge?
Yea, I do that at least once every time I play Little Mac (luckily I don't use him much :p)

GoldWindRequiem

Smash Cadet
NNID
RicochetRocket
Using Shulk's back-slash in hopes of grabbing onto the ledge.

It took 10 minutes to put my jaw back into place after the drop it had.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Forgettting to throw Link's meteor bomb custom in midair and plummeting to my death.
I was unnaware of this custom, but that does sound pretty funny :D
Considering that pocket explosion (standard bomb) can normally save your life... I see how that could happen easily to a seasoned Link.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Getting 2 stocked by a Yoshi player twice in a row was really embarrasing.

Though in my defense I had never played against SSB4 Yoshi before and I used Luigi, who is still one of the worst characters in-game despite my skill with him. At least I 2 stocked him myself in the third fight before he left so I kinda redeemed myself :)

Also when I tried to gimp a Toon Link at 0%, but then being spiked by his dair (off-stage) while he managed to get back. That mistake basically cost me 2 stocks (mine as well as my opponent's, since had I gimped correctly he would've been dead too) :p

Last edited:

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Fighting against a Lucina in For Glory, and when the second round hits, being like "No, no, no, let me show you how it's done." Then proceeding to choose Marth (who I consider myself good with) and losing.

To be fair, the reverse happens and it's some of my proudest moments. I play a lot of Ganondorf and people always want to rematch me with Captain Falcon. I don't think I've ever lost to a player-controlled C.F.

JHamron

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0688-6427-7438
Losing to little mac plebes, who did nothing but roll around and spam jab, ftilt, dash attack and smashes.
. . . You practically named all of Little Mac's options aside from grabbing, Star KO, Counter, and Haymaker. Which are the most infamous for being spammed. The aerials certainly aren't much of an option. Although, the Up-B is a pretty good finisher if you use it correctly . . .

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
In brawl, I lost against Jigglypuff, (I was zelda) but I convinced everyone that I lagged...

I never loose against Jiggypuff, neva

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I like all of the Shulks talking about back slashes off-stage. I swear every Shulk I face has to do it at least once.

As for me, I tried to punish a Ness's roll with rest but I missed. He taunts and charges an fsmash too long to where I can wake up and block. After blocking I immediately short hop and rest but overshoot it and miss Ness. He taunts again and then I get a not-so charged bat to the face which killed me. :c

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
In brawl, I lost against Jigglypuff, (I was zelda) but I convinced everyone that I lagged...

I never loose against Jiggypuff, neva
Never? Looks like I'd better fix that and make it happen! Once I get my game back, I don't suppose you could add my FC and play me, because:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
This doesn't have to do with anything in the battle, but I usually don't like playing "For Glory" for more than a single match, so I can imagine it looks really bad when I step in and step out after one game, especially when I don't come in first.

I'm not being a sore loser guys, I just don't like playing online for very long...

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Underestimating the length of Lil' Mac's side lunge and falling off the other end of the map.

Every

Frekking

Time

D

Deleted member

This is embarrassing for all of the wrong reasons.

I did a match in For Fun yesterday. I was Shulk and I fought against a Robin, a Kirby, and a Bowser Jr. and I did pretty poorly in the match overall (I am better at one-on-ones than free-for-alls). The match ended with a Sudden Death between Robin and Bowser Jr. and Robin ended up winning. I got disconnected due to a communication error and I decided to go to Spectator Mode. I saw the match that I was just in and it was nothing like it was; there was no Sudden Death and Bowser Jr. won and people committed self-destructs.
Wanna know why it was embarrassing? It made me look like a bumbling idiot. I saw Shulk stand around doing nothing, self-destruct several times (he oddly used his bair before dying once), and, worst of all, had Shulk use Back Slash off the ledge.

Again, nothing in that Spectator match actually happened and I have no idea how the AI was poorly programmed to replicate the match.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I got gimped by Little Mac's Fair. I'm not even a bad player, I'm just been spoiled by frame-perfect inputs locally and I ended up trying to pull out Up B the moment Little Mac tried to gimp me as opposed to Up B'ing a little earlier.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Killing myself with Ness's PK Thunder while being above the stage *facepalm*

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I actually tried to take on another human player.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I forgot to bring protection, it was kind of awkward.

As for Smash, I may or may not have lost a fight in 17 seconds in Smash 4. You have no proof.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Accidentaly used Little Macs side B too close to the ledge once when we both was on our last stocks and he was about to be star KOd. It looked so ridicolous when i lost that way.

Red5_snt

Smash Cadet
NNID
Red5_snt
3DS FC
5429-7893-3202
When I mess up a simple gimp with Greninja and SD because of the typical shenanigans (side b instead of up b) especially when I'm outplaying the person...or even worse..when It happens twice in the same match. The worst thing is probably when I play someone who is obviously a causal player (doing the fly/jump up with Kirby/Yoshi/Bowser/TL and stone strategy 1000x) and failing to punish it properly with extreme prejudice and getting hit instead. It sucks even worse when I do punish them hard and they just keep doing it anyway, and I still screw up at a crucial moment.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Tried doing Yoshi's down B on someone near the edge. I did it on the wrong side of the ledge and self destructed.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
When someone plays Lucina and I lose because of lag. (I've only legitamately lost to one Lucina as my Marth.)

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
me and some friends were playing, I was against Bowser, and I made this epic comeback on him
I'm at 110% he's at 160%, both at the last stock, he's up in the air and attempts the bowser bomb
I was all ready to roll out of the way, grab him and upthrow him to his death (since R.O.B.'s up throw kills around here)
But I messed up, shielded instead, got hit, shield broke, I fell off the ledge and plummeted helplessly to my death.

that and every match where I used R.O.B.'s side b instead of up b off the ledge by mistake and self destructed.

Last edited:

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
When I used to play :4robinm::4robinf: I would always jump and el thunder and one time I jumped a little too close to the edge. Causing me to charge el thunder while falling to the depths of despair lol.

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Fighting really frickin good links and toon links and literally not being able to do anything because of 10/10 projectile usage and competent close combat skulls.

Good links ALWAYS 2stock me.

Accidentally Shadow Sneaking on the side of a stage instead of Hydro Pumping, and end lag-falling to my death.

Top Bottom