• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most effective taunts.

KhaosTy

Smash Rookie
No doubt about it, Peach's singing and "You're too slow!"

God, those two taunts make me want to rip my hair out.

An awesome but not annoying taunt is Wolf's "What's the matter, scared?"

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Just crouch with DeDeDe, it's effective in the sense that you can provoke your opponent AND be ready to do any attack. Everytime you crouch with him you feel like you're in control of the match, and after the crouch you just throw some minions to do your dirty work.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
DDD's crouch.

Especially on the moving platform of Smashville.

**** you, ConeyIsle.

Nicole

Smash Champion
DDD's crouch is the best taunt. Also DDD's nair. They're so cute.

Pikachu's backwards crawl is good too, because it looks hilarious.

XaioXang

Smash Rookie
Falco's Taunt. "Hands off my prey" Ugh! My boyfriend uses that one on me almost every time he KO's me. It makes me want to wiimote stab him sometimes. ( Gently and out of play of course)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
One of the most hilarious taunts in the game is "You're not ready yet!"

Pit in general is a funny character because of his weird voice.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
A few irritating taunts to me off the top of my head are Wario's side taunt, Pit's side taunt "you're not ready yet", Sonic's side taunt "you're too slow", Captain Falcon's side taunt "c'mon!", Wolf's side taunt "what's the matter, scared?", and Pikachu's side taunt "pika pikaaa". As you can see, these are all side taunts.

Pit's side taunt would of been more annoying if he left out the "yet".

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, I think Mario's dtaunt can be quite annoying when used at a 'lol' worthy moment.

DK's dtaunt is also pretty annoying. Ditto Yoshi's dtaunt IF they taunt more than once.

I'll tell you, the least annoying (even the worst taunt) would have to be- IMO- Snake's Box because it's slow to startup and slow to end (even if ended early) and is just a box so it's not annoying. Only thing annoying about it is that it spikes the tether recoveries! That feels soo good!

Adler

Smash Apprentice
I'll tell you, the least annoying (even the worst taunt) would have to be- IMO- Snake's Box because it's slow to startup and slow to end (even if ended early) and is just a box so it's not annoying. Only thing annoying about it is that it spikes the tether recoveries! That feels soo good!
Really? I think that taunt's really annoying. Not only that but if you face away from the returning opponant and use it, they won't come near you despite knowing that they won't be hurt by the box (In my expierience).

PolarJunkie

Smash Cadet
The "You're not ready yet!!" taunt is hilarious because you've got a prepubescent kid telling you that you aren't ready.

Wario's taunts are great.

Dedede's dancing taunt is great too. And his pseudo-taunt by holding down on the control stick is just lawl.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Really? I think that taunt's really annoying. Not only that but if you face away from the returning opponant and use it, they won't come near you despite knowing that they won't be hurt by the box (In my expierience).
Then if you face towards Snake (away from the box) then you won't get hit. Don't be chicken to attack a Snake who's so vulnerable in a box.

UberBowser

Smash Rookie
I really like Gannondorf's sword taunt (just cause it's a cool Twilight reference) but I think Luigi's kick-shuffle taunt is cool because it also acts as a spike move on cliffhangers.

I definitely agree that Snake has the least effective just because it has slow start-up and release and is really impractical outside of 1 on 1's. Pikachu's are annoying...they have been since the first SSB.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Marth's up taunt can be comboed into from a Shield Breaker that breaks the shield, and it then combos straight into a fully charged shield breaker itself!

Also, Zelda's wave is amazing.

Volts

Smash Cadet
Any of Ike's taunts, but I think that more because of my hatred of Ike then the actual annoying-ness of his taunts.

Top Bottom