• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Difficult Video Game Moments

StarIceRaptor

Smash Cadet
Attempting to unlock the joker in Fighter's Destiny for the N64. The only thing in a VG that I consider impossible to this day. Apparently a select few have done it though.

As for the most recent tough challenge I've had that I successfully completed, it was the fight with Gandrayda in MP3 on Veteran mode.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Memorable moments:

Illusion of Gaia - Castroth and the Mummy Queen. Those battles took me SO MANY TRIES.

Kirby's Dream Course - Getting hole-in-one on every single course...couldn't do it even with savestates

Advance Wars 1 and 2 - The later parts of each game were just plain masochistic. Especially "Rivals" in Advance Campaign. *shudder*

FF IV (FFII US) - Calbrena Dolls. For some reason I could NEVER beat those things until I went back and got the Firebrand. Seriously I died like 30 times; since you couldn't leave the Giant, I even thought about restarting the entire game. Then I got the Firebrand, then beat them on the first try with it.

Earthbound - Happy Happy Valley. It was the only part of the game (besides Magicant) that was even remotely challenging. But boy, was it.

Super Mario Sunshine - Have to agree there. I quit that game because it was just too hard. I mean there were Stars in Mario 64 that took me a lot of tries (Tick Tock Clock, Over the Rainbow, for instance), but you never feel the same frustration with Mario 64 that you did with Sunshine.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Difficult to go through: Sephiroth killing Aeris in Final Fantasy VII, brought up shocking and painful emotions.

Difficult areas in VG's: The MegaMan X series. Those are probably the hardest MegaMan games I have ever played.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
I didint bother to read all posts but i assume this have been mentioned many times.
Ghost 'n' Goblins, right after lvl 2. Its horrible. And when you clear the whole game it says: "This room was illusion made by satan, start over again, make haste progress" I mean they made game a lot harded and longer by makin you repeat everything. Thats pretty darn lame.

wing zrow

Smash Lord
Level 7 of master mode on the ps2 music game " gitaroo man " If anyone else knows the pain of dealing with that level let me know.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I think it was when I played Street Fighter EX Alpha or something like that, the first 3-D one.
I couldn't beat one of the latter characters on the hardest difficulty so I started crying from being so angry.
<.<;;
Yeah, back then I was really into needing to win, but even with my awesome moves and crap I still failed.
Same thing happened with Soul Blade.
Of course I got older and learned how to be more awesome so now I don't really have hard moments anymore.

I think the only hard times I have with games are when you either need to know how to decipher insane riddles, like in Silent Hill 3, Puzzle Difficulty - Hard.
The question was talking about freakin Shakespeare's list of unknown plays and poems, and I was like: "Who the fawk knows this?!" Honestly...

Last time I ever had a problem with a game recently...
None, really.
Then again I haven't really played many games.

OH! No, wait, I know.
Fire Emblem 5.
I seriously can't get through the game without save stating.
Such a stupidly hard game. =/

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
1 vs. 3 matches in All-Star mode on very hard and on broken boards while trying to clear it without dying. Harder than the G&W with most characters.

BETA

Smash Ace
How was Super Mario Sunshine hard? IMO, people just compare it to Super Mario 64, a vastly easier game, too much. Some of the Shines on Sunshine are difficult, but Fludd makes that game too easy overall.

I see nobody here has played R-Type. I've never made it past level 3 without dying at least once. That's got to be one of the top 10 toughest games of all time.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I would have bought R type but the stupid store wouldn't recognize my mom's billing address or something like that.

Mario was hard for me, I never played SM64. The hardest parts in SMS were the places where you couldn't use flood, I can understand taking damage from falls but falling to death for one mistake? That's a little extreme. I still haven't beaten SMS yet.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow, super mario sunshine wasnt that hard. i borrowed it and beat it in like a week and a half. as for metroid prime 2. its not that hard either. i beat it %100 on hard mode. although there were tough moments, theres no way you can consider it one of the HARDEST gaming moments. this was mentioned earlier. IKARUGA. that game is so freakin hard. youtube it and watch. ninja gaiden is infamous for being a very tough game. also on the 1st post. the chocobo race thing was mentione. YAY I COMPLETED THAT. it gets so depressing after a while. i mean, you have to finish the race in less than 0 seconds, WTF? but i did it. um...idk....peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom