• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most boring/hated stretches of generally good games

finalark

SNORLAX

So I'm playing through Dark Corners of the Earth for the first time this week. It's a pretty solid adventure/survival horror game based off of the works of HP Lovecraft. I was thoroughly enjoying being immersed into the town of Innsmouth as I searched for clues to unravel the town's dark secrets.

And then you get to the part where you're being chased through the Hotel. You're unarmed and you have to flee from three armed men trying to kill you. There is only one path you can go that will lead you to safety and it isn't obvious, at all. The whole section requires a stupidly un-fun amount of trial and error game play that I can tell I will dread if I ever feel like playing through the game again.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
sonic adventure 2- knux' and rouge's levels (mostly their last two). i didn't mind the searching levels in 1. it shouldn't take 2+ hours to finish a sonic level. **** you space searching levels. and hearing "AY YO IT YO MAIN MAN KNUCKLES. AND WE IN MAD SPACE. ARE YOU READY? HELP ME FIND DA EMERALDS" didn't help at all.
This times like, a million. That one timed rogue level kept me from beat the game for years (I was 12 when I first got it, I think).

The Triforce hunt in WW was long, annoying and boring. Getting the actual charts was ok, but paying tingle and finding the shards themselves was a pain in the ***.

Most of FF13 up to Chapter 10 (I think) was pretty boring as well. It was interesting at times, but overall, it just dragged on and on and on and on and on and on.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
From Neptunes Bounty to Fort Frolic on Bioshock. That part is hardly interesting at all, and it takes as long to do that whole section than it does the rest of the game. And that stupid Lazarus crap >_<.

S

smash brawl player 99021

From Neptunes Bounty to Fort Frolic on Bioshock. That part is hardly interesting at all, and it takes as long to do that whole section than it does the rest of the game. And that stupid Lazarus crap >_<.
That's true. But Frolic made up for it.

And...Bioshock 2 Start-Last two levels

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Okami for the Wii. There's a part when the old man does his dance and you half to draw a perfect circle where he points at the right time or else you fail.

Idk how it was like for the PS2, but it was so frustrating for the Wii, because the motion sensor doesn't always read exactly what you're trying to draw (seriously...it shouldn't require perfect circles 5-6x consecutively with only a quarter of a second window to execute).

The most aggravating part is when you mess up, or come to the last tree branch to draw on and THEN mess up. It's because you have to sit through his speech and watch him redo his entire cutscene dance which takes like 2 minutes to do (old man...dancing...not that appealing...). I seriously had to stop, put down the wii-mote, and watch T.V. to cool off.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I'll nominate Okami too, but the part that sucked for me was the mother****ing ghost ship. Uuuuggggghhhh that damn face almost made me punch a hole in the wall

Top Bottom