• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Morehead, Kentucky 1/31/09

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
sorry i hadnt posted in here by now

._.

I'll probably be bringing a group from louisville to this. I'm not sure how many, but it should be around ten or so. The rules look pretty alright to me, although the 1/1 matches in the losers bracket.... i dunno, i just think the tournament should be 2/3 or 1/1 the whole way through (preferably best out of three :D). Unless you're pressed for time, in which i can understand. I've just never really liked best of one matches. If it's a lack of setups, it's possible I may be able to help.

KY needs more $10 tournaments imo...

oh, and is MK banned from this? I didnt see anything in the opening post about him. It said his IDC is banned, so i'm assuming he's legal...right? i wouldnt be using him, but i'd just like to know.

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
sorry i hadnt posted in here by now

._.

I'll probably be bringing a group from louisville to this. I'm not sure how many, but it should be around ten or so. The rules look pretty alright to me, although the 1/1 matches in the losers bracket.... i dunno, i just think the tournament should be 2/3 or 1/1 the whole way through (preferably best out of three :D). Unless you're pressed for time, in which i can understand. I've just never really liked best of one matches. If it's a lack of setups, it's possible I may be able to help.

KY needs more $10 tournaments imo...

oh, and is MK banned from this? I didnt see anything in the opening post about him. It said his IDC is banned, so i'm assuming he's legal...right? i wouldnt be using him, but i'd just like to know.
Hmmm full 2/3 is looking quite possible actually just never had anything said on it. Meta is in as far as I know however that will change depending on the request of the ban I personally don't care on the decision. Glad you a bringing some challengers we hope to pull in a decent crowd.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
i definantly WANT mk in this tournament, i need more experience against the lil ball with feet, so that i standa chance when i do go to tournaments that allow him.

share stocking should be allowed in doubles, i've seen no other precedent set otherwise, anywhere.

really hoping for 2/3 in winners and losers but time will have the most say in that of course. Tournaments ae always fun.

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
I hope to do a full 2/3 also if meta knight is not ban I encourage the best meta knights to show up in the area.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
This thread needs to do a R.O.B. up+B back onto the stage and get the show rolling. Andy, look for those MSU smashers..I'm sure some of them know what Smash Boards is...let's get the discussions going...

So we need [more] topics going on what we want or dont want to do. Andy you decide overall, if people choose not to respond...their fault, make your move. And we can't wait till a week before the tourney to change stuff around. I've tried that...it doesn't work well in your favor. I vote to not ban Meta Knight. I vote to do 2/3 the entire way through. If you start between 12 - 1 this won't be a problem. It will only discourage a player if they can't counterpick when it matters the most. Nuetral stages aren't necessarily neutral ya know? -- they do favor some one. There should also be at least a 30 min intermission between tourneys if you haven't considered it already. Last, I vote to ban Snake's U-tilt ;)

Entry fee is $5 ($5 venue fee as well)
is this implying two separate fees?
beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep!!

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
yeah, lets get this thread rolling again... imma link it in the louisville thread.

clowsui

Smash Legend
man i have some bs music thing to go to
i'd go otherwise...actually i'd probably ask OS for a ride if i was coming =p

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
oh and if anyone needs a place to stay (if anyone does travel that far.) you can crash at my place for the night, but i can only have 2-3 people stay the night... my apartment is really really small.

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys sorry for being gone.....I am off work for 4 days so now i have plenty of update time. Anyways I am going to make this tourney full 2/3.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I might come if I'm not busy that day and I can get a ride. Sounds fun.

Majora's Incarnation

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely going to be there. My friend may come to. This will be are first tournament debut. I'm almost ready for this. I suppose I'll be the only one representing Olimar >_>

21 days...

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm definitely going to be there. My friend may come to. This will be are first tournament debut. I'm almost ready for this. I suppose I'll be the only one representing Olimar >_>

21 days...
Yay =]
And nah...you'll see some Oli's.
One from Louisville and another from more head main him.
So at least 2 others.

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys just going to go ahead and announce that if this tourney has a good turnout then the next tourneies will be held monthly we already have plans to do a Brawl/Melee tourney for February. Besides that start getting things off your chest next week the rules become solid.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

21 days...
ooohhhhh

i was just about to say "louisville may not be able to make it"

but if that would mean leaving a fellow olimar alone in the cold, i may have to reconsider.
And you said there will be another olimar from morehead? ^.^

Well anyways, we've been traveling ALOT... cincy twice, Midwest Championship coming up... every other week we've been traveling. When I originally told Xisin we'd be coming to this I didnt know these many things would be popping up. So most of our crew is pretty tired... I'm 90% sure I'll still be making it to this. If I can get a ride. I'll need to see who else from louisville would be up for this. But in case louisville cant make it...... just thought i'd let you know in advance. But I hear there's DDR there so calic and I will probably show up

:D

Rules? Looks fine to me. I see no stages that need to be taken off or added. The only thing I'd like to ask you about are the starter stages. I dont think they should be changed, I'm just wondering about how they'll go about being picked. Will it be random? Because I highly recommend the stage strike system, in which both players take turns naming stages from the list that they DONT want to play until there's one left. That way certain characters dont get screwed on the starting stage, and have some form of control. I'd hate to fight a diddy on FD first game for instance.

but seriously, the rules for the most part look legit. Hopefully this ends up going well. If it wasnt so far away, it'd be much better for us... but owell, we'll try to make it anyways ^.^

Edit: Tyr you need to goooooooo!!!!!!

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Yeah was about to say that, we need to put up a stage striking system. Much better that way, and yeah hilt make sure your crew comes, would be nice to have you guys at a tournament... and trust me i understand the tavels, as i've been to everything you guys have traveled to as well @.@

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
It'll all depend on if I can get a ride from OS or someone. Of course if he comes it means he's going to win...but still.

In any case I'll try to get my Lucas down for this. I have new tricks up my sleeve. Ya'll are in for a beating...PK style.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Because I highly recommend the stage strike system, in which both players take turns naming stages from the list that they DONT want to play until there's one left. That way certain characters dont get screwed on the starting stage, and have some form of control. I'd hate to fight a diddy on FD first game for instance.
agreed.

It'll all depend on if I can get a ride from OS or someone. Of course if he comes it means he's going to win...but still.
I wish people never got into that mind-state. It just increases a person's chances of winning when they mentally beat you.
I don't care if Ally, M2K or Mister Eric was at the same tourney I was at....I'd destroy some face ROBOT-style!
Well, I'm not so sure 'bout that last fella.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to make it if I can convince another friend to make the trip with me. The rules look fine to me. As far as MK goes, let him be legal, Yoshi fears no masked balls!

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I might be able to make it if I can convince another friend to make the trip with me. The rules look fine to me. As far as MK goes, let him be legal, Yoshi fears no masked balls!
Cool. =]
You should also consider making it out to Lexington tournaments! We've pulled in up to 78.
If interested, I'll keep you updated on the next one (in Feb).

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm just realistic. If I was in this for the money I'd main Metaknight. If Overswarm comes I'm going to play against him better than I ever have before with every intention to win because that's how I always play him. But I'm not going to kid myself into thinking that I'm likely to win.

andy122888

Smash Apprentice
Stage striking rules have been added. I hope everyone can make it.....if you can't thats cool just remember February we are going to do Brawl/Melee.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm just realistic. If I was in this for the money I'd main Metaknight. If Overswarm comes I'm going to play against him better than I ever have before with every intention to win because that's how I always play him. But I'm not going to kid myself into thinking that I'm likely to win.
MK is Tyr's "soul crusher."

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
MK is Tyr's "soul crusher."

Lol.

Anyway, so i was thining maybe we should just add in a few more rules.

- Standing infinites are banned

- GOTM's Rule (double modified): DDD's small step chaingrab is banned.

-Chibo's Color Blind Rule: If there is a character on a team that is confusing with their team color (such as how a Red Team Sonic looks like he's on the Blue Team) any player may request for the team colors to be reassigned so the distinction is clearer

- The game must be loaded from the disc channel, anyone who loads the game from Ocarina in the Homebrew Channel will be disqualified. You may load a SD card pre-approved by whoever is in charge to enable the saving of matches of over 3 minutes long which will most likely be used in important matches like the finals. The save any replay code will be the only one enabled.

- No stupid stalling (Clearly avoiding your opponent from all forms of engagement when your at a percentage loss)

- M2K's Ledge Stalling Rule: Purposely running out the timer to win a match by ledge camping is banned (planking). Use common sense and good judgment to discern what should be allowed and what isn't. I will be keeping an eye on as many matches as possible, or someone can call a TO me over to look at the situation. Don't pause the game if someone does this. The final decision whether the person is in contempt of ledge stalling is given to the TO and no one else. First offense: warning. Second offense : loss of match.

Also :
The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes
late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss
for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of
the entire set.

and:

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless
agreed upon. (This is known as dave's stupid rule.)

its alot i know but these rules (to me) are a step in the right direction.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Can you elaborate on banning Dedede's small step chaingrab? I'm not very familiar with it. Just want to see what we're banning because if it is like what it sounds it's pretty similar to CG's on Lucas and Ness by Marth.

Oh, and it's not Metaknight I have such a big problem with. It's more Overswarm's Metaknight. He's better than me plain and simple.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
its basically grabbing people without doing dedede's dash animation, the chain grab marth has on lucas/ness is covered by the standing rule.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I wouldn't have thought they would since neither of them can actually be done from standing and aren't technically true infinites. But I'll take it. Either way is fine with me as far as the rules. I was just curious.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Lol.

Anyway, so i was thining maybe we should just add in a few more rules.

- Standing infinites are banned

- GOTM's Rule (double modified): DDD's small step chaingrab is banned.

-Chibo's Color Blind Rule: If there is a character on a team that is confusing with their team color (such as how a Red Team Sonic looks like he's on the Blue Team) any player may request for the team colors to be reassigned so the distinction is clearer

- The game must be loaded from the disc channel, anyone who loads the game from Ocarina in the Homebrew Channel will be disqualified. You may load a SD card pre-approved by whoever is in charge to enable the saving of matches of over 3 minutes long which will most likely be used in important matches like the finals. The save any replay code will be the only one enabled.

- No stupid stalling (Clearly avoiding your opponent from all forms of engagement when your at a percentage loss)

- M2K's Ledge Stalling Rule: Purposely running out the timer to win a match by ledge camping is banned (planking). Use common sense and good judgment to discern what should be allowed and what isn't. I will be keeping an eye on as many matches as possible, or someone can call a TO me over to look at the situation. Don't pause the game if someone does this. The final decision whether the person is in contempt of ledge stalling is given to the TO and no one else. First offense: warning. Second offense : loss of match.

Also :
The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes
late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss
for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of
the entire set.

and:

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless
agreed upon. (This is known as dave's stupid rule.)

its alot i know but these rules (to me) are a step in the right direction.
scruuuuuuuuuuuuub tourneeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

not going or bringing cincy

Top Bottom