• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Trainers

johnmcgerber

Smash Cadet
Ive just noticed that there are more people maining PT then there was a couple of a months ago. Guess PTs coming up lol.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
The fact that Reflex showed off his fancy playstyle and shows that PT can win a tournament. Makes everyone now all hyped up about playing PT. Not to mention Pokemono Platinum just came out 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Yeah that's true. I noticed two other people saying they now second PT in a recent WA tournament I was in.

I'm not the only PT in Washington anymore! xD

But yes, I think Platinum coming out as well as great PT's like Reflex placing in tournaments have given PT a bit more popularity.

Nickstorm

Smash Rookie
I remember when playin' PT meant you were a dreamer, when the switching from Squirtle to Charizard just to finish off your enemy made you an antagonist, and Ivysaur's Bullet Seed attack was the easiest to dodge.

~I am no longer alone. ~v~

Bomber7

Smash Hero
we will just have to fight back harder. keep our hard core standard. I think the true trainers are the one who atcually main them. the ones that second them, imo just wont get as far as the ones who actually main him.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
we will just have to fight back harder. keep our hard core standard. I think the true trainers are the one who atcually main them. the ones that second them, imo just wont get as far as the ones who actually main him.
Yes this is true, I find the only good trainers are the ones maining him. PT's not a character you can jus play and win, you either work you *** off or get no where. I doubt well get anymore good ones on the east coast :mad:. Guess thats jus leaves the few over here on the east coast.

Vermy

Smash Champion
When I first picked up brawl I mained lucario and pt. Then I dropped them both for kirby and falco. This year I dropped them both for 100% PT and I'm doing better in tourneys because of it. Now I have 3 mains that I get to use in every match, with possibly the most in-depth strategys and a MASSIVE arsenal of advanced techs.
PT is for pros, and we'll DEFINITELY see Red rise in tier list 3.0
=)

CoonTail

Smash Lord
When I first picked up brawl I mained lucario and pt. Then I dropped them both for kirby and falco. This year I dropped them both for 100% PT and I'm doing better in tourneys because of it. Now I have 3 mains that I get to use in every match, with possibly the most in-depth strategys and a MASSIVE arsenal of advanced techs.
PT is for pros, and we'll DEFINITELY see Red rise in tier list 3.0
=)
Correction we need to bow down and thank reflex for raising him up to top of C tier and also need to work our ***** off because if PT's for pros then we need to keep up our end of that statement because no one is noticing PT. Theres barely any PT mains on the east coast and this needs to be taken advantage of, cuz Ill tell you right now I repped PT last tourny I went to and people didnt know what to do because they had never faced a real one before in their brawl career.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah. I'm happy and all that PT has risen in rankings but I feel ashamed as a PT main that Reflex did it on his own. you know guys? earlier, like a few hours ago I was telling my friend how apathetic and uninterested I was in gong to this tournament friday. For some reason for the past few days I have not been looking forward to playing brawl in this tourny. Now that I have realized again why PT has improved in the standings, I now feel disgusted with myself. If I get something to fire me up, I'll do wonders. Friday, I'm going in with my Team, I'm going to kick some ***. I'm gona break top 10. I wont think about the doubt or the fact that I'm out matched. I will take every match, one step at a time. After all, like Icecoon said, you cant just say you play PT, you gotta work with him, those who main him have to work their heart and souls out to make him good. It's a feat that I manage to get mid rankings with him alone. Friday, I'm going to get my french fries from mcdonalds like I've been doing, I'm going to go in. I'm going to let my inner beast loose. I wont hold back. I wont show any mercy. I'll play smart, think on my feet. I will hopefully get some matches recorded to share with you guys my feat this friday. If not I'll just tell you stories of this friday, what ever the outcome. I'm gona fulfill my promise, I'm going to start helping Reflex bring up PT here in the Atlantic South. I'm good in the eyes of my peers but I'm not good enough. It's time to change that. It's time to turn this tide. It's time..........

Now I'm going to practice Brawl some. I have work to do.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
yeah. I'm happy and all that PT has risen in rankings but I feel ashamed as a PT main that Reflex did it on his own. you know guys? earlier, like a few hours ago I was telling my friend how apathetic and uninterested I was in gong to this tournament friday. For some reason for the past few days I have not been looking forward to playing brawl in this tourny. Now that I have realized again why PT has improved in the standings, I now feel disgusted with myself. If I get something to fire me up, I'll do wonders. Friday, I'm going in with my Team, I'm going to kick some ***. I'm gona break top 10. I wont think about the doubt or the fact that I'm out matched. I will take every match, one step at a time. After all, like Icecoon said, you cant just say you play PT, you gotta work with him, those who main him have to work their heart and souls out to make him good. It's a feat that I manage to get mid rankings with him alone. Friday, I'm going to get my french fries from mcdonalds like I've been doing, I'm going to go in. I'm going to let my inner beast loose. I wont hold back. I wont show any mercy. I'll play smart, think on my feet. I will hopefully get some matches recorded to share with you guys my feat this friday. If not I'll just tell you stories of this friday, what ever the outcome. I'm gona fulfill my promise, I'm going to start helping Reflex bring up PT here in the Atlantic South. I'm good in the eyes of my peers but I'm not good enough. It's time to change that. It's time to turn this tide. It's time..........

wow Bomber :')

well put, I hope everyone is inspired by that.

I've been extremely lazy recently :crying:

:094:

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord

F### yeah, now you're talking man.

We need to get are lazy butts up and start going to tourneys, and start with the owning.
We need to show these people that there are other characters cept Metaknight and Snake.
So long have we let people like Reflex and Typh do our dirty laundry. I am going to go to tourneys as soon as I have free time. WE NEED SOME ACTION!

DemonFart

Smash Lord
F### yeah, now you're talking man.

We need to get are lazy butts up and start going to tourneys, and start with the owning.
We need to show these people that there are other characters cept Metaknight and Snake and Flaco.
So long have we let people like Reflex and Typh do our dirty laundry. I am going to go to tourneys as soon as I have free time. WE NEED SOME ACTION!
Fix'd

We really have been extremely lazy, The PT boards are dead and PT is barely getting rep like....at all aside from a small group.

We all need tourney time.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
lol Falco.

Noone plays Falco :(

Wait, why am I sad? Thats a good thing :D.

DDDs are more common <_<.

I wish I could sig Bomber's speech, would of been epic.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
lol Falco.

HALF OF THE BRAWLERS WHERE I AM ARE FALCOS

But Falco is always an enraging subject for me.

This is tough for me, because I've always loved Red as a character and concept, but by the same token for I love Snake. Pokemon and Metal Gear have been the best games I've ever played, and I've never been able to definitively main someone. I know it's between Red and Snake, though.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Well down here in the deep DEEP southern land of Australia, there's only myself and Tcranter who MAIN pt seriously. So we're doin all we can atm. TC is doing amazing, holding second place in singles in his state (2nd to an amazing Marth), and I'm getting mid rankings and rising. My citys scene is full of Diddy (my worst personal matchup) Pit and G&W players so I kinda struggle to get a higher place. We generally don't have problems vs MK or Snake as a City, most of us have adapted to them, as the massive wave of them last year forced everyone to alter their playstyle. Thus the diddys (nanas) and pits (mirror shield)

Dedede?
Pfft. My ivy LOVES Dedede. Bullsh*t seed and nair do wonderous things. And that obese penguin is asking to be sniped. Boom, Headshot.

And to those who are torn between 100% PT and a secondary, don't do the latter. Playing PT is like having 3 mains, its hard enough with a main and secondary knowing all your matchups and strats. PT has the most involved tactics in the game, so he needs your all. Dedication will get you far. Diddy is prime example. First tier list he was C and now he's almost A simply because of dedication.

Demonfart, I totally agree. Pt boards are getting slack. If we don't discuss, we can't evolve. If we can't evolve we can't beat the Elite Four =D

So fingers out ya bums and get those hands on a controller and do your part.

Oh and added to inspire y'all, 3 low tier mainers are top 10 in my city. A jigglypuff, a sonic and a link. My aim is to get PT in top 10 by the end of the month. Next sunday comes retribution.

Peace and love from Australia.

Dammit I'm epic.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
lol Falco.

you can if you want. I guess you could copy and paste it to a word document, make it way smaller and then see if you couldnt siggy it. if that's useless, for the unimportant parts, just put "..."

lol I make too many long speeches. XD

my literary skills are good when I'm in a passionate mood lol.
yeah. I'm happy and all that PT has risen in rankings but I feel ashamed as a PT main that Reflex did it on his own. you know guys? earlier, like a few hours ago I was telling my friend how apathetic and uninterested I was in gong to this tournament friday. For some reason for the past few days I have not been looking forward to playing brawl in this tourny. Now that I have realized again why PT has improved in the standings, I now feel disgusted with myself. If I get something to fire me up, I'll do wonders. Friday, I'm going in with my Team, I'm going to kick some ***. I'm gona break top 10. I wont think about the doubt or the fact that I'm out matched. I will take every match, one step at a time. After all, like Icecoon said, you cant just say you play PT, you gotta work with him, those who main him have to work their heart and souls out to make him good. It's a feat that I manage to get mid rankings with him alone. ... I'm going to go in. I'm going to let my inner beast loose. I wont hold back. I wont show any mercy. I'll play smart, think on my feet. I ... I'm gona fulfill my promise, I'm going to start helping Reflex bring up PT here in the Atlantic South. I'm good in the eyes of my peers but I'm not good enough. It's time to change that. It's time to turn this tide. It's time..........

shoot. I dont think that is small enough.

fixed maybe?

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
The instant I saw that PT existed on the dojo, I knew that I wanted to main him. But I never managed to get into actually learning his moves and AT's until about 2 weeks ago when I saw Relfex's videos and realized, "Holy crap, PT can be seriously Godly!" That was all I needed to get me to dedicate myself fully to PT.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
lol i picked up PT because I waqs way too predictable with my horribad marth game, I played as squirtle in SSE and he seemed ok, Pit got annoying after a while cuz I knew everyone would hate him so I stopped maining him, when I picked up squirtle, and messed with him, I formulated a strategy that helped me out for a while and that was my first step into maining PT. I've had fun with him ever since. It's great, at first it's hard/impossible work, but then the hard work isnt that bad.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I have to admit, I'm torn between PT and Jigglypuff.
I love them both so much....My intention was to be good with every pokemon character in brawl but I only ended up liking PT and Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Lucario feel like a chore to me.

PT and Jigglypuff aren't very good (which is why I have wario) and I'm curious on who to rep :(

EDIT: We need to find a way to revive these boards....

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ironic that Pikachu and lucario are a chore. PT's the hardest one to master. lol.

Also I dont think there is any reviving these boards. They are still our home and when something happens we will all be here. For now everyone is off on their journey. after this is the PT boards. We trainers barely visit home, we're too busy training and getting stronger lol.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
ironic that Pikachu and lucario are a chore. PT's the hardest one to master. lol.

Also I dont think there is any reviving these boards. They are still our home and when something happens we will all be here. For now everyone is off on their journey. after this is the PT boards. We trainers barely visit home, we're too busy training and getting stronger lol.
Yeah, I found it odd as well.

Wow Bomber....You're good at this....:upsidedown:

It really is sad that everyones gone...most of the time.

I lol'd at the second part :colorful:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i have my times lol

its like if I was in the mood, I could write a good love poem at the top of my head and it would take like 2 minutes to write it or make it up. >.> though I havent had that moment in ages.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Please make sure this discussion stays on the increase in Pokémon Trainer players as opposed to what characters you've considered maining besides PT.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Sexy Lord DemonFart, Why not repp them both?

Wario is getting his repp <_<.
Ah, I should.

Now back on topic...I'm actually quite glad more people are picking up PT, no matter how much they suck as him.
Practice makes perfect. :estatic:
People are starting to understand PT now as brawl gets older.
We cant' just sit here and wait for PT to move up in the tier list, We must make it happen.
Sure PT may not be the greatest character but we love him nonetheless.....now lets prove our love and push him up! (thank you Bomber)

Now, that stirred me up...I'm gonna go play Pokemon Gold....

Bomber7

Smash Hero
For now I say we, who main him, will be the leaders of the Pokemon Society. Those who second him or whatever, we will support them as best we can. Sure they probably wont be as good as us or as good as we would hope or as good in general, but lets at least try and get them to as high of a standard as possible so for when they do decide to play as PT, they wont suck as badly. At least try to give them the knowledge and teach them the abilities to succeed.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
For now I say we, who main him, will be the leaders of the Pokemon Society. Those who second him or whatever, we will support them as best we can. Sure they probably wont be as good as us or as good as we would hope or as good in general, but lets at least try and get them to as high of a standard as possible so for when they do decide to play as PT, they wont suck as badly. At least try to give them the knowledge and teach them the abilities to succeed.
Bomber does it again. :colorful:

I have to agree though, Those who second him don't spend as much time on him and don't get the best end result compared to those who do MAIN him.

BUT...we can try to help them forward. We need all the extra help we can get.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So long as we are on the subject of new people and advancing our selves, I made a room for those who want to join me in taking an oath of busting our butts more and taking a giant leap to getting pokemon Trainer up there in top 10 more times in more places.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1063

I hope alot of you join. It's a general discussion group however this will be for those who want to join me in the oath. I'll be on the group constantly for chat etc. but it's there for those who want to join me. XD we might as well make this thing official after that big speech and all from yesterday lol.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Nice group Bomber.

I'm posting here myself to say that it's a tough decision, but I'm going solo PT as well. Talking to Reflex about it helped. I want to put all of my time and energy into learning PT. There's three characters in one, and I work better the fewer characters I used. At the last tournament I went to, I used PT alone and made it out of brackets, and people were pretty surprised. There's only two other PTs here in Canada, and neither of them are very active. TL on the other hand has some rep, so I'll do my best to work hard over here too. =)

(But Metaknight makes things so discouraging. Ugh...)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i guess u have to see someone play that character before you decide that this char. has nothing to offer.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
i guess u have to see someone play that character before you decide that this char. has nothing to offer.
I wouldn't say that. It's just a challenging character to master since it's three in one.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I honestly picked up PT for fun/low tiers cause I woke up one morning and ended up watching a Pokemon movie that was on Cartoon Network.. lol..

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I don't think that is true. To me, when it comes to my philosophy on game characters for games such as this, I do not truly believe a character sucks. Sure I could say that _____ sucks however I am willing to admit I am wrong when the right person picks up that character and kicks some *** with them. Like when I was growing up I played mario Kart occasionally, I didn't own it but the after care at school had it. Well I never knew who wario was but I liked how he looked so I always chose him, well the kids would ask why did I pick him and they discouraged it because he was fat, well I ended up beating them, wario was my favorite and best character in that game, I liked his steering and such.

Top Bottom