• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Subspace Teasing: Sakurai Rolls out Another Trailer for SSE

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I loved this new little SubSpace trailer,it was very nicely put.The music was nice and went good with the video.Can't wait to get this game,so cool.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
What can possibly be behind that red glowing door?, it must be important since they especificly showed the door to us... so what is it? :dizzy:

Peach's and Pikachu's location is still a mystery... Peach's looks particulary bright, maybe outside a building? :confused:

But more importantly....

WHAT'S BEHIND THAT DOOR?!?!? :crazy:
eh the next part of the level.........?

because in the game play vids it show that when you go through that door you trigger a cutscene.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
pcamtz, those doors are just how you got from area to area. They were shown on the gametrailer videos in which we saw Donkey/Diddy and Mario/Pit go through.
I know that, but there should be a reason why they showed especificly that door. I mean, it could have been to show us that stage, but there is a close up to the door!. I'm not saying it's that important, it's just that I want to know, Why that door?

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
i like how when we get new info, everyone is pissed,

but when sakurai tapes a few of the old videos we've already gotten together, people eat it up.

Smasher 102

Smash Cadet
I know that, but there should be a reason why they showed especificly that door. I mean, it could have been to show us that stage, but there is a close up to the door!. I'm not saying it's that important, it's just that I want to know, Why that door?
I think they specificaly showed us the door to try and show us how epic links part of SSE is going to be

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Best Subspace video EVER!!! These updates are my most favorite and we only get these kinds once or twice a month sadly. Maybe to avoid spoilers. But really, this video was the best Subspace update yet or ever. What I like is the part where Ike screams while slashing his sword. It sounds so chilling and the whole video was very epic in general.
I also like how sakurai called the update the "Subspace Emissery Movie" because thats what it looks like.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Looks familiar. Fire Emblem maybe? Feh, looks good, that's all I care.
I was thinking something from Zelda....Majora's mask maybe?
This stuck out to me the most. It reminds me of the minecart stages in the Donkey Kong Country games. That'll be cool if SSE goes beyond just typical fighting...I mean, hell that's what the multiplayer is for...
I was thinking that too, and the SSE is adventure, not just fighting,
I wonder if Bowser is the one responsible for bringing out Rayquaza. It looks too good to be coincidental.

I'm also beginning to think that Wario sent Petey Piranha out to capture the heroes as well.
Maybe Ancient Minister got all the villains together, and sends them to attack in groups?
When I saw the update before I watched it I thought it was going to be awesome and reveal awesome things and then it just turns out that they editted it differently and threw in about 15 seconds total of in-game action which also didn't reveal anything that made the update worth it. This was just another filler update in the form of a slightly modified video. I guess they were hoping that this would seem like a big deal and that he's starting to give us good updates now, but this was another weak attempt at pretending like this was worth a whole update. More than half of that video we've already seen. Failed attempt IMO.
This was a good update, You = Failed attempt IMO :p
The bridge kind of reminded me of Gannon's castle from OOT.

Wouldn't it be halarious if Ice climbers were villains in the SE.
That makes sense, but not the backround. But I was thinking his castle in WW.
BTW, ICs are the main antagonists :laugh:
So last time we see Diddy and DK together, they were about to face Bowser in battle.
Then we see Diddy by himself running into Fox. Then Bowser fires a Trophy-itizing cannon at Diddy and Fox?

Did Bowser get DK? Is that why he's missing? DK got Trophy'd?

Awesome video, looks like great fun.
Maybe Diddy can get tropy'd too, depending on who you fight Bowser as..
is that bowser on the halbred in the very beginning of the video?!?!
Where?

antimatter

Smash Lord
most of it was available on youtube. i can see why they thought that way. not saying i agree, i just see their viewpoint.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
10 seconds or mayb even less in2 it wen u c the halbred ause it theres a bowser like figure on it

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
First off good week, its been awhile. At first few seconds of trailer it look like cut up of all old trailer, but whole bunch new stuff

I guess Bowser won against DK and turn him into an Trophy. I want the trophy gun to be an item in real game but with diffferent effect

Lucas using bat or stick think. Yeah sry Ness

Ike has really cool voice, American and Japanenese.

IC and MetaKnight on teams, pretty cool

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Okay, some may find I've obsessed a little much about this but I'm among those who rejoice at every scrap of Zelda information we can get our hands on. Below I've captured several stages of the special move shown in today's trailer. This begins at about 30 seconds in to the trailer.

Beginning:

Manifest: (don't ask about this one, I just wanted a name for each stage and this one sounded cool)

Igniting:

Exploding:

Resolution:

___

Some of you might wonder why I'm breaking this down so much but this all occurs in just about .25 seconds. Which is my also my point: in Melee the minimum time this move could take to complete was about .70 seconds. This may seem like a small difference in time but it means the player has more instantaneous control over the explosion (in melee the ball would float forward a bit before you could input a detonation command) and the player also doesn't have to worry about pressing the B and waiting momentarily for it to explode. I hope this isn't wishful interpretation but after watching this segment several times it certainly appears like this move will be a lot more useful.

___

Though I digress and all of this number talk takes me away from arguably the more important part of this revelation:

Zelda got back.

Smasher 102

Smash Cadet
while I was wacthin the vidieo I noticed how many times there was only 1 player I wonder if there will ever be a time when the co-op function can not be turned on

Stryks

Smash Hero
This update was SICK, sure we already knew most of the stuff, but the music, the action it was very intense, and seriously ICs and MK? NEVER SAW THAT COMING... anyway I really wanted to see samus´s cutscene were it appears shes in her ship...

Smasher 102

Smash Cadet
this update was epic , yet I am still wondering how sonic is in the subspace.

I also wonder if the vidios of intros such as sonic, and snake are not the way they appear in the game yet how they would appear in SSE.

This would also explain the sonic joins brawl vidio when sonic runs over mario, while mario is killing Goompas in the subspace...possibly

This would be debunked by the Snake joins brawl vidieo unless the only part of snakes subspace would be to fight against Mario. :confused:

Kylejm

Smash Rookie
I'll bet you anything that the Subspace Army steals Meta Knight's ship and he is knocked off the ship or something. He probably wakes up in a snowy middle-of-nowhere place and meets the ice climbers there who befriend him.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
I stopped the video at certain points in the video, and I got a pic of the "Laser Sword" (my theory) and its hand. But no body. It almost looks like a primid went berserk on the others, or some invisible character did all of this.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a clean picture of this.... so I have no way to back up my findings.

Smasher 102

Smash Cadet
I'll bet you anything that the Subspace Army steals Meta Knight's ship and he is knocked off the ship or something. He probably wakes up in a snowy middle-of-nowhere place and meets the ice climbers there who befriend him.
If that is true then my guess is he was fighting teamed with fox.
Because the ship got taken and fox just wanted to help
that would also say that after meta got hit off fox was left fighting with the enemi and his arwing got attacked making fox arwing crash and kirby and peach to fall off
so it was not Meta who attacked Fox arwing.

that would also meen that (if its true) the subspace is even more tricky to figure out before and it was almost impossible I could be wrong about this whole thing :ohwell:

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Nice snooping plasman, hopefully Zelda'll receive some major buffs.
Highlight for me?
Ike...hearing his voice...fighting the world on his own (receiving help is for cowards and weaklings)
God I can't wait to caress his moveset

Smasher 102

Smash Cadet
no dude that's wario nd u no it
what are you talking about, for all we know the army could be led by something else besides wario and it could OMG!!!!!

just realized that the Halibert not only drops Primids but it drops people like bowser and Wario That would mean the pilot of the ship could not be wario. it has to be someone else

It could not be bowser either as he is dropped along with primids following fox's Misfortune
Vid so all in all it could not be wario :chuckle:

I truly wonder who as himself took the Halibert

I doubt the Subspace Minister because he is allready shown in the first subspace vid we got and that would just kill the mystery in the subspace :urg:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I really want to know something about Sonic & Snake's role in the Subspace. We know Sonic teams up with Mario at one point, but that's about it. -.-

Desruprot

Smash Lord
This update was awesome!! New SSE footage Galore!
Here's what I saw:

Bowser using trophy gun
Beam sword(etc.) Primid
Peach falling out her cage, instead of Zelda
Mysterious bridge level
Weird statue ruins
Castle hallway level
Link in Norfair
Lucas's moves and Baseball bat smash (so long Ness )
Underground train level
Yoshi and Link in Phaaze?!? Maybe just a cave..with glowing mushrooms?
MK and ICs in a mountain stage
Some plains stage (Green Hill?)
Peach in Skyworld
Samus in a "ruins" like stage
Pikachu in a factory like stage(you can see a wheel)
Sakurai's shameless advertising

A lot of info
Nice info for a nice movie, I was hoping for a double update though...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
All we really need to know is that eventually Mario and pit will split up... Mario will end up in a forest and will eventually be encountered by Sonic... most likely near the Green hill level that was speculated to be seen near the end of the movie.

Whether or not the full world of Sonic and Snake are implemented are questionable and I hope they arent, the last thing I want is Eggman to appear.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
All we really need to know is that eventually Mario and pit will split up... Mario will end up in a forest and will eventually be encountered by Sonic... most likely near the Green hill level that was speculated to be seen near the end of the movie.

Whether or not the full world of Sonic and Snake are implemented are questionable and I hope they arent, the last thing I want is Eggman to appear.
Maybe not, you can see Pit in the forest/plains level in the vid.

And I agree on Eggman :p

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
In the video, it looks like Pit's in the forest level. Maybe he meets up with Fox and Diddy?

Just speculation.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
That's a super missle.

Anyway, this video got me REALLY excited for this. I simply cannot wait! <3
Noone else thinks it weird that Samus just randomly has Super missles?

Thats like watching a clip of Link weilding the Megaton Hammer or whatever its called, and not getting excited...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Noone else thinks it weird that Samus just randomly has Super missles?

Thats like watching a clip of Link weilding the Megaton Hammer or whatever its called, and not getting excited...
We've known Samus shoots super missiles since E 4 all....Its her b>, but when you tap it hard..

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
He couldn't of woke up because I think one of the pics of start was him in Sky World or something. O_O

I think Donkey Kong got turned into a trophy by Bowser but was saved by someone thats why him and Diddy got seperated.

Smasher 102

Smash Cadet
wow this is way off topic, but if yu go to the dojo and turn on the vidieo then pause it and scroll down to put on the porkys theme then it maches perfectly JUST SAYING caps

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
wow this is way off topic, but if yu go to the dojo and turn on the vidieo then pause it and scroll down to put on the porkys theme then it maches perfectly JUST SAYING caps
So does the Menu 1 music :p
EDIT: And the SSBB Main theme :p
AND the Ocarina of Time Medley
AND the Underworld theme
AND the Pokémon Stadium/Evolution theme
AND the MGS4 Love theme
AND the Fire emblem theme
AND Meta Knight’s Revenge
AND the X: Tunnel Scene theme :p

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
i'll post the same question three times untill some1 gives me a legit answer IS THAT BOWSER ON TOP OF THE HALBRED IN THE FIRST 20 SECONDS OF THE CLIP!!!!!!!!!1

Top Bottom